PDA

View Full Version : Kitty-Cam -- New Look!

Kris Dockter
August 22nd 03, 08:58 PM
I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.kittycam.net/

MaryL
August 22nd 03, 09:27 PM
"Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
om...
> I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> http://www.kittycam.net/

Your Kitty-Cam setup looks delightful. Your cats didn't cooperate,
though -- all were out of sight when I visited (naturally). I'll try again
later.

MaryL

Priscilla H Ballou
August 22nd 03, 10:04 PM
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Kris Dockter > wrote:
>I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
>this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

>http://www.kittycam.net/

Oh my God! Your Zoey looks so much like my Caley! See
http://people.bu.edu/phballou/cats.html

Priscilla

Kris Dockter
August 23rd 03, 02:57 AM
Priscilla H Ballou > wrote in message >...
> In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Kris Dockter > wrote:
> >I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> >this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> >http://www.kittycam.net/
>
> Oh my God! Your Zoey looks so much like my Caley! See
> http://people.bu.edu/phballou/cats.html
>
> Priscilla

Wow!! She sure does except for the black stripe on her nose (which I
love by the way!).

Zoey and the rest of the gang would be honored if you'd consider
linking to Kitty-Cam from your web page with all those fabulous
pictures!

Thanks again,
Kris

Priscilla Ballou
August 23rd 03, 03:20 AM
In article >,
(Kris Dockter) wrote:

> Priscilla H Ballou > wrote in message
> > In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Kris Dockter > wrote:
> > >I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> > >this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
> >
> > >http://www.kittycam.net/
> >
> > Oh my God! Your Zoey looks so much like my Caley! See
> > http://people.bu.edu/phballou/cats.html
> >
> > Priscilla
>
> Wow!! She sure does except for the black stripe on her nose (which I
> love by the way!).
>
> Zoey and the rest of the gang would be honored if you'd consider
> linking to Kitty-Cam from your web page with all those fabulous
> pictures!
>
> Thanks again,
> Kris

What a good idea! Today was my last day at work before 1.5 weeks
vacation, and I do all my web stuff from work, so I'm going to have to
work at remembering to do this when I get back into the office.

Priscilla
--
The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Nanny
August 23rd 03, 12:06 PM
I'm in Holland, it's 1 pm here now, and Zoey is lying on that high thing on
camera 2, camera 1 is black, and it's around 6 am where you are.

Nanny

"Kris Dockter" > schreef in bericht
om...
> Cathi > wrote in message
> > In message >, MaryL
> > > writes
> > >
> > >"Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
> > om...

> > >Your Kitty-Cam setup looks delightful. Your cats didn't cooperate,
> > >though -- all were out of sight when I visited (naturally). I'll try
again
> > >later.
> > >
> > >MaryL
> > >

> > Having woken up at a stupid hour (half past five on a Saturday), I
> > thought I would take a look. Zoey is curled up and snoozing on camera 2.
> >
> > Snoozing ... I'm so jealous ....
>
> You are the "winner". I am hoping to hear from people in
> Europe/Asia/Australia about the cat's camera habits while we sleep,
> but I suspect they aren't making appearances. That is one reason we
> have the light turn off for two hours -- no reason to light up an
> empty stand. Still, if the demand is there and the cats made
> appearances, we'd go back to 24 hours in a heartbeat and perhaps even
> find a way to light up Camera 2 at night.
>
> So many possibilities....
>
> Kris

Cathi
August 23rd 03, 01:54 PM
In message >, Kris
Dockter > writes
>Cathi > wrote in message
>> Having woken up at a stupid hour (half past five on a Saturday), I
>> thought I would take a look. Zoey is curled up and snoozing on camera 2.
>>
>> Snoozing ... I'm so jealous ....
>
>You are the "winner". I am hoping to hear from people in
>Europe/Asia/Australia about the cat's camera habits while we sleep,
>but I suspect they aren't making appearances. That is one reason we
>have the light turn off for two hours -- no reason to light up an
>empty stand. Still, if the demand is there and the cats made
>appearances, we'd go back to 24 hours in a heartbeat and perhaps even
>find a way to light up Camera 2 at night.

From what I recall, it was about 23.30 your time when I looked.

It's now just coming up for 08.00 your time (nearly 14.00 UK time) and
there's a tabby in frame on Camera 1. Camera 2 is unoccupied.

--
Cathi

rrb_041303
August 23rd 03, 07:58 PM
Kris Dockter wrote:

> Cathi > wrote in message >...
>
>>In message >, MaryL
> writes
>>
>>>"Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
om...

>>>Your Kitty-Cam setup looks delightful. Your cats didn't cooperate,
>>>though -- all were out of sight when I visited (naturally). I'll try again
>>>later.
>>>
>>>MaryL
>>>

>>Having woken up at a stupid hour (half past five on a Saturday), I
>>thought I would take a look. Zoey is curled up and snoozing on camera 2.
>>
>>Snoozing ... I'm so jealous ....
>

> You are the "winner". I am hoping to hear from people in
> Europe/Asia/Australia about the cat's camera habits while we sleep,
> but I suspect they aren't making appearances. That is one reason we
> have the light turn off for two hours -- no reason to light up an
> empty stand. Still, if the demand is there and the cats made
> appearances, we'd go back to 24 hours in a heartbeat and perhaps even
> find a way to light up Camera 2 at night.
>
> So many possibilities....
>
> Kris

I did look late last night around midnight pacific time in the US and
saw one of the cats on Camera one. Maybe you can get a motion detector
nightlight or something similar to light it up only when they are there
and moving? Though a nightlight might be kinda dim.

rrb

MaryL
August 23rd 03, 08:29 PM
"Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
om...
> I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> http://www.kittycam.net/

Well, I have seen all of your cats -- so far, they have been a study in
sleep poses. However, the crackler toys on Camera 1 change positions
frequently, so "something" must be doing it. I suspect a 2-legged friend
helps with that?

Great fun.

MaryL

Priscilla Ballou
August 23rd 03, 08:30 PM
In article >,
"MaryL" > wrote:

> "Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> > this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
> >
> > http://www.kittycam.net/
>
> Well, I have seen all of your cats -- so far, they have been a study in
> sleep poses. However, the crackler toys on Camera 1 change positions
> frequently, so "something" must be doing it. I suspect a 2-legged friend
> helps with that?

I see sneakers!

Priscilla
--
The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Yowie
August 23rd 03, 11:49 PM
wrote:
> > >I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> > >this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
> >
> > >http://www.kittycam.net/
> >
> > Oh my God! Your Zoey looks so much like my Caley! See
> > http://people.bu.edu/phballou/cats.html
> >
> > Priscilla
>
> Wow!! She sure does except for the black stripe on her nose (which I
> love by the way!).
>
> Zoey and the rest of the gang would be honored if you'd consider
> linking to Kitty-Cam from your web page with all those fabulous
> pictures!

OOOH! I got to see two cats, Zoey on Camera 2 and either Stormy of Finnegan
on Camera 1 - of course it was 8:45am here in Australia and therefore 5:45pm
there (which isn't exactly an exotic time) but I'll keep logging back in,
particularly while I'm at work.

I love watching kitties!

Yowie

Kris Dockter
August 24th 03, 01:58 AM
Priscilla Ballou > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> "MaryL" > wrote:
>
> > "Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> > > this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
> > >
> > > http://www.kittycam.net/
> >
> > Well, I have seen all of your cats -- so far, they have been a study in
> > sleep poses. However, the crackler toys on Camera 1 change positions
> > frequently, so "something" must be doing it. I suspect a 2-legged friend
> > helps with that?
>
> I see sneakers!
>
> Priscilla

My parents came for a visit today. :-)

However, I make an effort to keep the cams human-free. There are
enough people cams out there for those that are interested.

Kris

MaryL
August 24th 03, 10:06 AM
"Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
om...
> I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> http://www.kittycam.net/

It's 4:00 a.m. CT (don't ask why I'm still up!), and both cameras are
blacked-out. The individual slide views are also black, but the information
in the left-hand frame frame is visible.

MaryL

Kris Dockter
September 1st 03, 02:55 AM
"polonca12000" > wrote in message >...
> It's great! Thanks.
> Best wishes,
> --
> Polonca & Soncek
>
> "Kris Dockter" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I spent a considerable amount of time giving Kitty-Cam a face lift
> > this past weekend. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
> >
> > http://www.kittycam.net/

A couple changes to Kitty-Cam to note. The most interesting addition
is a couple of pictures of the Kitty-Cam set-up for those inquiring
minds. You can find those pictures in the "General FAQ" section of
Kitty-Cam.

Thanks.

http://www.kittycam.net/