Q: Any advice?

A: Keep your cat indoors and this (or worse) won't happen to the cat

"J. Orr" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone...
> Just wanted some advice from anyone who has ever had their cat hurt their
> leg and had to be put in a splint... My 5 yr. old cat, Simba, hurt his
leg
> somehow last night. When I woke up at 6:15, he was not home...he goes out
> at night. I went outside and started calling for him and heard a dreadful
> meow coming from my neighbors backyard. I looked over the fence and he
was
> there and wasn't moving...I got him and he was having a hard time even
> standing. Brought him to the vet and they did x-rays and said he had torn
> his ligaments and put a splint on his rear left leg. They're going to
call
> me tomorrow and let me know what they think they should do...another vet
is
> looking at the x-rays. Meanwhile, he's been very sleepy today and is
> getting around pretty good. He hasn't eaten that much today and hasn't
gone
> to the litter box yet. Any advice?? Thanks so much....
> Jenny

J. Orr
July 7th 03, 09:29 PM
i like cats indoors and outdoors and so does he...
may not work for you....

"LeeAnne" > wrote in message
> Q: Any advice?
>
> A: Keep your cat indoors and this (or worse) won't happen to the cat
>

> "J. Orr" > wrote in message
> > Hi everyone...
> > Just wanted some advice from anyone who has ever had their cat hurt
their
> > leg and had to be put in a splint... My 5 yr. old cat, Simba, hurt his
> leg
> > somehow last night. When I woke up at 6:15, he was not home...he goes
out
> > at night. I went outside and started calling for him and heard a
dreadful
> > meow coming from my neighbors backyard. I looked over the fence and he
> was
> > there and wasn't moving...I got him and he was having a hard time even
> > standing. Brought him to the vet and they did x-rays and said he had
torn
> > his ligaments and put a splint on his rear left leg. They're going to
> call
> > me tomorrow and let me know what they think they should do...another vet
> is
> > looking at the x-rays. Meanwhile, he's been very sleepy today and is
> > getting around pretty good. He hasn't eaten that much today and hasn't
> gone
> > to the litter box yet. Any advice?? Thanks so much....
> > Jenny

LeeAnne
July 8th 03, 04:18 PM
Nope, it doesn't because I love my cat and have respect for my neighbors. I
don't want him to be attacked by anything he cannot defend himself from
(dogs, coyotes, cars, other cats), nor do I wish dead animal presents to be
presented to me by him -- I'll take the fur mouse any day.

I'm not saying you don't love your cat BTW - but you may be ****ing off your
neighbors if/when kitty is on their cat, digging up gardens to do his biz,
etc.

"J. Orr" > wrote in message
> i like cats indoors and outdoors and so does he...
> may not work for you....

Tammy Daane
July 12th 03, 04:39 AM
I had a cat that had to be in a cast for a month when he had his back leg
broken at 6 weeks. You need to keep them inside until they are healed.
Maybe move the box and food and water to a certain place in your house so
the cat can get access to it without having to walk to far.