PDA

View Full Version : Re: need pics of ringworm

DeAnna
July 23rd 03, 04:11 PM
Hold a 'blacklight' up to the area. Many (BUT NOT ALL) strains of ringworm 'fluoresce
(glow) under the blacklight.

Any areas 'denuded' of fur should be suspect. Ringworm is not a worm at all, but a fungus
that tends to grow in round patches. (Hence the misnomer).

Good luck. It IS contagious to humans. The good news-any remedy for athletes foot
(Tinactin, etc) will cure it on the humans. Apply several times a day to the affected area
until gone. Best to take the cat to the vet for treatment if ringworm is suspected.

D.

"Bloodykisses22" > wrote in message
> hi this may sound weird but if anyone knows of any site that has pics of
> ringworm in cats could you please send it to me? i think my friends cat has
> ringworm but we need to see what it looks like. if indeed what she has looks
> like ringworm i will help to take her kitty to the vet,even if you have any
> personal pics of a cat with ringworm would definaltely help just. if you have
> any pics or know of a site with these pics please email them to me at
> .

No One But Me
July 24th 03, 05:29 PM
if you have areas denuded of fur, also have the vet check them for feline
aids. mine was diagnosed with feline aids when it didn't fluoresce under a
black light & the vet did tests using scrapings to identify it.

good luck.