PDA

View Full Version : Re: Stupid pet owner trick

polonca12000
August 20th 03, 05:18 PM
That's terrible! Poor kitty! The woman is positively torturing her. I do
hope someone stops the woman from doing that.
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At
the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. <snip>

bewtifulfreak
August 20th 03, 09:25 PM
Bobcat wrote:
> "BricksInTheWall8" > wrote in message
>> I saw that show too. I thought the cat looked fine when she was
>> actually swimming in the water, but she DID look kind of upset about
>> the surfing part.

> Like you, I'm only judging by what the program showed us, and I
> didn't like it at all. For one thing as I said, the angle of the
> camera indicated that the cat seemed to be swimming desperately for
> shore. If it were enjoying swimming it would more likely be heading
> for its owner, or swimming around, or playing. IMO, I saw the nothing
> to indicate the cat found any pleasure in being in the water - in
> fact quite the opposite. Besides, although there are exceptions, by
> far the greatest percentage of cats have an aversion to being wet
> than not.

Well, it does seem unlikely that a cat would enjoy something like that, but
it really is hard to know for sure. I tend to agree with you, but I know I
have a habit of jumping to conclusions about things when I feel protective,
so I'm trying to reserve making judgements without all the facts from now
on. But I certainly agree that it seems hard to believe that a cat could
enjoy something like that, though there are, of course, exceptions to every
rule.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

bewtifulfreak
August 20th 03, 09:25 PM
Bobcat wrote:
> "BricksInTheWall8" > wrote in message
>> I saw that show too. I thought the cat looked fine when she was
>> actually swimming in the water, but she DID look kind of upset about
>> the surfing part.

> Like you, I'm only judging by what the program showed us, and I
> didn't like it at all. For one thing as I said, the angle of the
> camera indicated that the cat seemed to be swimming desperately for
> shore. If it were enjoying swimming it would more likely be heading
> for its owner, or swimming around, or playing. IMO, I saw the nothing
> to indicate the cat found any pleasure in being in the water - in
> fact quite the opposite. Besides, although there are exceptions, by
> far the greatest percentage of cats have an aversion to being wet
> than not.

Well, it does seem unlikely that a cat would enjoy something like that, but
it really is hard to know for sure. I tend to agree with you, but I know I
have a habit of jumping to conclusions about things when I feel protective,
so I'm trying to reserve making judgements without all the facts from now
on. But I certainly agree that it seems hard to believe that a cat could
enjoy something like that, though there are, of course, exceptions to every
rule.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Fred Williams
August 21st 03, 03:22 AM
bewtifulfreak wrote:

> Bobcat wrote:
>> "BricksInTheWall8" > wrote in message
>>> I saw that show too. I thought the cat looked fine when she was
>>> actually swimming in the water, but she DID look kind of upset
>>> about the surfing part.
>
>> Like you, I'm only judging by what the program showed us, and I
>> didn't like it at all. For one thing as I said, the angle of the
>> camera indicated that the cat seemed to be swimming desperately for
>> shore. If it were enjoying swimming it would more likely be
>> heading for its owner, or swimming around, or playing. IMO, I saw
>> the nothing to indicate the cat found any pleasure in being in the
>> water - in fact quite the opposite. Besides, although there are
>> exceptions, by far the greatest percentage of cats have an aversion
>> to being wet than not.
>
> Well, it does seem unlikely that a cat would enjoy something like
> that, but
> it really is hard to know for sure. I tend to agree with you, but I
> know I have a habit of jumping to conclusions about things when I
> feel protective, so I'm trying to reserve making judgements without
> all the facts from now
> on. But I certainly agree that it seems hard to believe that a cat
> could enjoy something like that, though there are, of course,
> exceptions to every rule.
>
> Ann

It's likely animal abuse, because this is not a good place for a cat.
Some people shouldn't be trusted around cats. I hesitate to
proscribe punishment, but "education" might be in order.

--
Regards
Jetadiah & his hooman Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please