PDA

View Full Version : Re: Stupid pet owner trick

polonca12000
August 20th 03, 05:18 PM
That's terrible! Poor kitty! The woman is positively torturing her. I do
hope someone stops the woman from doing that.
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At
the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. <snip>

Cat Protector
August 20th 03, 09:53 PM
Drown her. I think it is terrible what she is doing to this cat to get
publicity.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At
the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
> wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears
flattened,
> hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
> overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags
it
> back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
> cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
> after we rescue the cat?

Kuisse0002
August 20th 03, 11:40 PM

>We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At the
>beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
>wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears flattened,
>hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
>overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags it
>back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
>cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
>after we rescue the cat?

HOW APPALLING! Contrary to any excuse that we are being judgemental, this is
definitely animal cruelty. You do not do to people or animals what is not akin
to thier species. There are exceptions but in general cats do not like being in
water and to have a KITTEN plunking down in sea water over and over again is
INTOLERABLE. The kitten was not having a bath for instance, or splashing around
with water from a tap. This is having the kitten struggle for her life over and
over again. This woman should definitely be prosecuted for animal cruelty and
then some. She should also be subjected to all the other posts on suggestions
of how to "punish" this pathetic woman.

Kuisse0002
August 20th 03, 11:40 PM

>We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At the
>beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
>wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears flattened,
>hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
>overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags it
>back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
>cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
>after we rescue the cat?

HOW APPALLING! Contrary to any excuse that we are being judgemental, this is
definitely animal cruelty. You do not do to people or animals what is not akin
to thier species. There are exceptions but in general cats do not like being in
water and to have a KITTEN plunking down in sea water over and over again is
INTOLERABLE. The kitten was not having a bath for instance, or splashing around
with water from a tap. This is having the kitten struggle for her life over and
over again. This woman should definitely be prosecuted for animal cruelty and
then some. She should also be subjected to all the other posts on suggestions
of how to "punish" this pathetic woman.

bewtifulfreak
August 20th 03, 11:43 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:

> HOW APPALLING! Contrary to any excuse that we are being judgemental,
> this is definitely animal cruelty. You do not do to people or animals
> what is not akin to thier species. There are exceptions but in
> general cats do not like being in water and to have a KITTEN plunking
> down in sea water over and over again is INTOLERABLE.

I agree overall, but then how do we know this cat is not one of the
exceptions? Seems unlikely, absolutely, but how do you really know unless
you know that animal?

bewtifulfreak
August 20th 03, 11:43 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:

> HOW APPALLING! Contrary to any excuse that we are being judgemental,
> this is definitely animal cruelty. You do not do to people or animals
> what is not akin to thier species. There are exceptions but in
> general cats do not like being in water and to have a KITTEN plunking
> down in sea water over and over again is INTOLERABLE.

I agree overall, but then how do we know this cat is not one of the
exceptions? Seems unlikely, absolutely, but how do you really know unless
you know that animal?

Kuisse0002
August 21st 03, 01:58 AM
>but how do you really know unless
>you know that animal?

I would think being a kitten is too young and too short a time to know if the
cat's all for it. The cat was probably not given a choice when they trained her
to do this sort of thing. When the cat tried to get out of water, they probably
interpreted it as "getting out to try again" Anyone with this mentality is sure
to have warped interpretations of any animal's behavior.

Kuisse0002
August 21st 03, 01:58 AM
>but how do you really know unless
>you know that animal?

I would think being a kitten is too young and too short a time to know if the
cat's all for it. The cat was probably not given a choice when they trained her
to do this sort of thing. When the cat tried to get out of water, they probably
interpreted it as "getting out to try again" Anyone with this mentality is sure
to have warped interpretations of any animal's behavior.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 21st 03, 03:16 AM
Bobcat wrote:

> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
> wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears flattened,
> hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
> overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags it
> back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
> cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
> after we rescue the cat?

Take her out past the three mile limit, toss HER overboard, and let HER
swim for shore? Sure, cats CAN swim, if they have to - I think most
mammals can - but why force them to?

Bobcat wrote:

> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
> wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears flattened,
> hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
> overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags it
> back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
> cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
> after we rescue the cat?

Take her out past the three mile limit, toss HER overboard, and let HER
swim for shore? Sure, cats CAN swim, if they have to - I think most
mammals can - but why force them to?

Motherthing
August 22nd 03, 01:23 AM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> We watched last night's TV show "What Were You Thinking". It featured a
> woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. At
the
> beach she takes her cat along with her on her surf board. We saw the poor
> wet miserable bedraggled creature hunched down on the board, ears
flattened,
> hanging on for dear life. But it got worse. Then she tossed her cat
> overboard and it paddled desperately for shore, but apparently she drags
it
> back and makes it do it again to the point of exhaustion, saying that the
> cat loves to swim! Any suggestions for what we should do with the woman,
> after we rescue the cat?

What about the problem of the cat having to lick the SALT water out of it's
fur? Does she give the cat a post-surfing bath? And how traumatic is that
for the poor creature?

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

Motherthing
August 22nd 03, 01:23 AM