PDA

View Full Version : Re: RWatchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) to BAN PUSSIES for Cult-members?e: H

M.C. Mullen
August 27th 03, 05:45 PM
What a lot of nonsense! The JWs are known to twist scripture.

| Can one deny that the chance exists
| that the same grave consequences could visit your home that fell upon
John?

Don't know of *any* such case.

| Clearly, God disapproved of this 'birthday' party. Should we not then
| disapprove (without showing any malicious intent, for Godly hatred of
every
| last part of the wicked system of things is a manifestation of our
| obedience to Jehovah) of cats the way the scriptures recommend?

It's the wickedness of the *human heart* the bible refers to!!

| Throughout history, particularly in the middle ages and reaching its
climax
| in the Salem Witch trials of the 1600s, cats were recognized by the forces
| of Christendom as carriers - if not direct incarnatations - of demons.
| While, in common with most beliefs of the empire of false religion, no
| evidence has ever been found to support this, the symbolism of cats still
| remain.

If it was a false religion as you say, why then should we carry on believing
this nonsense?
No! Now we know better and do not support those wrong beliefs about cats!

| The careful student of the Bible will acknowledge that nowhere within it
is
| any species ('kind') of cat referred to in favorable terms.

Dogs are not mentioned either, and canaries and guinea pigs and giraffes
and zebras, monkeys and, and ...

| While the animal itself may be unaware of
| this, it serves only its true master - Satan, the devil.

No it serves killing mice....

| The scriptures clearly indicate that neither Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,
| faithful Job, the Apostles, Jesus, Charles Russell nor any other human
| bearing God's favor himself owned a cat.

.... and therefore it was so clear that cats were about that there's no need
to mention it.

| Should we simply assume that this
| is a mere coincidence? No, surely not! This was the case because these
| individuals did not want to be like the heathen contemporaries of their
| respective days who showed no regard for how God feels about owning a cat.

No! What they did instead: they didn't *worship* the cats.

| Additionally, cats practice many unclean habits not befitting a Christian
| household: coughing up fur balls, licking inappropriate body areas
| (inappropriate handling), urination on the floor, eating dead animals
often
| with their blood, vocal promiscuity and widespread sexual misconduct
| without the benefit or sanctity of matrimony or fidelity, abuse of catnip
| (an intoxicant herb), stealing food from the table, and so on. What sort
of
| example does this give our young ones endeavoring to faithfully serve
| Jehovah?

And how about dogs?

The removal of the cat must therefore be carefully
| planned, and a Christian will know he must not give a satanic being to
| another person, on penalty of bloodguilt.

PLONK!!

> [...]

No! What they did instead: they didn't *worship* the cats.

| Additionally, cats practice many unclean habits not befitting a Christian
| household: coughing up fur balls, licking inappropriate body areas
| (inappropriate handling), urination on the floor, eating dead animals
often
| with their blood, vocal promiscuity and widespread sexual misconduct
| without the benefit or sanctity of matrimony or fidelity, abuse of catnip
| (an intoxicant herb), stealing food from the table, and so on. What sort
of
| example does this give our young ones endeavoring to faithfully serve
| Jehovah?

And how about dogs?

The removal of the cat must therefore be carefully
| planned, and a Christian will know he must not give a satanic being to
| another person, on penalty of bloodguilt.

Mark Sornson
August 28th 03, 02:24 PM
OOgla wrote:

> Prominent Bethelite made this up...I can assure you the JW's do not, and
> have never believed this......

Not only that, but this article is clearly a spoof.

>w03 11/15 31 - Q: Are cats for Christians?
>Questions from Readers
>Is it appropriate for a Christian to own a cat, in light of their past
>pagan religious affiliation and the medical information that is now coming
>to light? -B.L., U.S.A.

Given the 'reference' in the article to the 1964 Watchtower
(look for "w64 2/15 127-8"), the date of the article is
September 15, 2003 (not September 15, 1903 -- I cannot
personally check such articles). There is a "Question from
Readers" article in the w03 11/15 issue, but it isn't
this article.

So, either PB is just having a spoof (a rare thing for him),
or he's deliberately passing on a lie, or he thinks this is
a real article but didn't check it in person, or someone is
impersonating him and thus doing a double spoof.

It is the sort of thing that some JW-critics would wish
non-JWs to believe about JWs.

-mark.

Mark Sornson
August 28th 03, 02:24 PM
OOgla wrote:

> Prominent Bethelite made this up...I can assure you the JW's do not, and
> have never believed this......

Not only that, but this article is clearly a spoof.

>w03 11/15 31 - Q: Are cats for Christians?
>Questions from Readers
>Is it appropriate for a Christian to own a cat, in light of their past
>pagan religious affiliation and the medical information that is now coming
>to light? -B.L., U.S.A.

Given the 'reference' in the article to the 1964 Watchtower
(look for "w64 2/15 127-8"), the date of the article is
September 15, 2003 (not September 15, 1903 -- I cannot
personally check such articles). There is a "Question from
Readers" article in the w03 11/15 issue, but it isn't
this article.

So, either PB is just having a spoof (a rare thing for him),
or he's deliberately passing on a lie, or he thinks this is
a real article but didn't check it in person, or someone is
impersonating him and thus doing a double spoof.

It is the sort of thing that some JW-critics would wish
non-JWs to believe about JWs.

-mark.

Cat Protector
September 14th 03, 07:34 PM
I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to come to
your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask them to. Here are
a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid of them.

1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.

2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a goat so I
can't talk right now.

3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.

4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have time right
now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.

5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous gambling
debt. Are you here to pay up?

6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him waiting.

7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?

8. Got any virgins in your group?

9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now sexually
frustrated.

10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

[...]

Agua Girl
September 14th 03, 10:37 PM
Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
shut the door? Works fine.

I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
informed.

AG

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> [...]

> can't talk right now.
>
> 3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.
>
> 4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have time
right
> now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.
>
> 5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous gambling
> debt. Are you here to pay up?
>
> 6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him waiting.
>
> 7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?
>
> 8. Got any virgins in your group?
>
> 9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now
sexually
> frustrated.
>
> 10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?
>

> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!

nimue
September 15th 03, 01:44 AM
Agua Girl wrote:
> Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> shut the door? Works fine.
>
> I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> informed.

I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat Protector
really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse and
the reporting of the same. Scary.

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

nimue
September 15th 03, 01:44 AM

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 02:59 AM
"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .
> Agua Girl wrote:
> > Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> > shut the door? Works fine.
> >
> > I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> > hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> > pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> > or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> > informed.
> >
> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we I
mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and I
beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 02:59 AM
"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .
> Agua Girl wrote:
> > Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> > shut the door? Works fine.
> >
> > I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> > hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> > pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> > or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> > informed.
> >
> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we I
mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and I
beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 03:31 AM
"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .
> Agua Girl wrote:
> > Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> > shut the door? Works fine.
> >
> > I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> > hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> > pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> > or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> > informed.
> >
> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we I
mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and I
beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 03:31 AM
"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .
> Agua Girl wrote:
> > Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> > shut the door? Works fine.
> >
> > I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> > hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> > pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> > or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> > informed.
> >
> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we I
mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and I
beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG

nimue
September 15th 03, 03:40 AM
Agua Girl wrote:
> "nimue" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Agua Girl wrote:
>>> Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
>>> shut the door? Works fine.
>>>
>>> I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
>>> hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
>>> pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of
>>> pagans or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a
>>> myth..if so...get informed.
>>>
>> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat
>> Protector believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think
>> that Cat Protector really believes those things -- CP just thinks
>> that Jehovah's Witnesses believe those things, and CP is making fun
>> of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't like the JW for their
>> frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse and the reporting of the
>> same. Scary.
>>

> That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote
> the same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
> has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a
> pentagram and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do
> with devil worship or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes)
> feed the public. It's means earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It
> is the star of life...yeah...real scary business
> that.

Just point out to anyone who asks that the pentacle star around your neck is
the exact same pentacle star that is on the American flag.

> As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to
> do is to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be
> "saved" by them
> but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the
> one true
> path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
> horrible.
> I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with
> rocks when
> I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them.
> (by we I mean us
> non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's
> required...and I beg you
> don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving
> your pentagram
> and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

Well, I did something quite dreadful to some JW once. I didn't mean to. It
was an accident. A friend was supposed to meet me at my house. My house
was set back from the road a bit, and sheltered with a shady front porch. I
was running late, and was just getting in the shower when I heard the knock
at the front door. I knew it was my friend, so I leaped out of the shower,
ran dripping stark naked to the door, flung it open to let my friend in, and
saw -- two Jehovah's Witnesses! I nearly died on the spot. I slammed the
door in their faces, grabbed my bathrobe (which was hanging on the front
door hook -- why I don't know) and opened the door again to apologize. They
were completely unaffected! They smiled, and told me they were there to
discuss the bible, etc. They acted as if nothing had happened. I told them
I couldn't -- was expecting a friend -- had to take a shower -- I eventually
got rid of them, but I don't think I have ever completely gotten over the
embarrassment of that moment!

--

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 04:27 AM
Apparently Agua girl has no sense of humor.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
. ..
> Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> shut the door? Works fine.
>
> I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> informed.
>
> AG
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> > I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to come
> > your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask them to. Here
> are
> > a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid of them.
> >
> > 1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.
> >
> > 2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a goat
so
> > can't talk right now.
> >
> > 3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.
> >
> > 4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have time
> right
> > now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.
> >
> > 5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous gambling
> > debt. Are you here to pay up?
> >
> > 6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him
waiting.

> > 7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?
> >
> > 8. Got any virgins in your group?
> >
> > 9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now
> sexually
> > frustrated.
> >
> > 10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?
> >

> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 04:27 AM
Apparently Agua girl has no sense of humor.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
. ..
> Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
> shut the door? Works fine.
>
> I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
> hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
> pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
> or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
> informed.
>
> AG
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> > I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to come
> > your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask them to. Here
> are
> > a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid of them.
> >
> > 1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.
> >
> > 2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a goat
so
> > can't talk right now.
> >
> > 3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.
> >
> > 4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have time
> right
> > now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.
> >
> > 5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous gambling
> > debt. Are you here to pay up?
> >
> > 6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him
waiting.

> > 7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?
> >
> > 8. Got any virgins in your group?
> >
> > 9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now
> sexually
> > frustrated.
> >
> > 10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?
> >

> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 04:40 AM
I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned anything
about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can be
used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
. ..

> That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
> same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
> has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
> and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil
worship
> or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's
means
> earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
> scary business
> that.
> As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
> to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
> them
> but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
> true
> path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
> horrible.
> I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with
rocks
> when
> I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we
> mean us
> non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and
> beg you
> don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
> pentagram
> and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.
>
> AG

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 04:40 AM
I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned anything
about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can be
used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
. ..

> That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
> same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
> has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
> and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil
worship
> or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's
means
> earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
> scary business
> that.
> As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
> to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
> them
> but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
> true
> path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
> horrible.
> I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with
rocks
> when
> I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we
> mean us
> non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and
> beg you
> don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
> pentagram
> and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.
>
> AG

Sherry
September 15th 03, 06:11 AM
>Apparently Agua girl has no sense of humor.

But your post wasn't funny.

Sherry

Sherry
September 15th 03, 06:11 AM
>Apparently Agua girl has no sense of humor.

But your post wasn't funny.

Sherry

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 07:52 AM
> I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned
anything
> about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
> been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can
be
> used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

That's crap. The pentagram is not a tool...it is a symbol. It's history,
the reason it came into being has nothing to do with "bad". I don't
see you joke about burning crosses to scare off JW.
You didn't specifically link the pentagram with devil worship but
you sure as heck implied it. You listed all kinds of satanistic
excuses the last one being "didn't you see the pentagram". That
links them...particularly for the uninformed..of which I now count you
as a member. For the record, devil worshippers do not use a
pentagram as a symbol. They some times use and inverted pentagram..
with the point at the bottom just like they sometimes use an inverted
cross. This is to promote the "anti" attitude of the symbol.

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 07:52 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned
anything
> about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
> been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can
be
> used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

That's crap. The pentagram is not a tool...it is a symbol. It's history,
the reason it came into being has nothing to do with "bad". I don't
see you joke about burning crosses to scare off JW.
You didn't specifically link the pentagram with devil worship but
you sure as heck implied it. You listed all kinds of satanistic
excuses the last one being "didn't you see the pentagram". That
links them...particularly for the uninformed..of which I now count you
as a member. For the record, devil worshippers do not use a
pentagram as a symbol. They some times use and inverted pentagram..
with the point at the bottom just like they sometimes use an inverted
cross. This is to promote the "anti" attitude of the symbol.

AG

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 10:34 AM
Nobody mentioned slavery or the whole race issue but you seem to want to
take things out of context and turn it into something about you. Are you
offended by my having a black cat? The whole post was humorous and that was
all it was. It seems to me you want to take something that isn't there and
make a whole issue out of it. You need to learn to relax here and maybe
laugh a little. As for discimination, I have faced it but I also know when
some things were meant as a joke. The original posting that I made was meant
for humor. It seems most here got that but you insist it was nothing more
than a ruthless attempt to pick on Pagans (which were never even picked on
nor brought up until you mentioned them). Nobody was picking on the Pagans
here so you need to learn to lighten up. There is also a not anti-Pagan
campaign here either but you seem to want fight something that isn't there.
Personally, I got nothing against them.

Of course here is something that may shock and upset you. I have a black cat
and I consider all black cats as being a symbol of good luck. BTW, I have
known those who practice both Paganism and Wicca and am well versed on what
the pentagram symbolizes but satanists also seem to use it as a symbol. One
thing I know for sure is that most of those practictioners have a sense of
humor and have laughed at some of the jokes. Why? Because they are human and
are quite confident in themselves and their practice. They also try to
spread postive and not negative. And when faced with negative they try to
turn it into positive. You can try to turn this into a flame war if you want
to but no ill will was meant here. It was humor. Nothing more and nothing
less. What does W.A.R.D. supposed mean anyway?

BTW, for those who have non-black cats I am also a member of your society as
well as I also have a diluted Tabby. If Agua girl or anyone else wants to be
mad about that then there is nothing I can do here. I am simply a cat lover
and servent to two cats.

"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> Yeah, and a lot of African Americans don't have a sense of
> humor about that whole slavery thing. You are more a part of
> the problem then you seem willing to acknowledge. You
> talk about "scaring away" JW by mentioning goats blood
> and pentagrams. You don't think that is implying that pentagrams
> and sacrificing and devil worship are some how linked.
> Maybe my "sense" of humor wouldn't be tested if closed minded
> and big mouthed individuals didn't go around spreading the same
> kind of crap that you are "joking" about.
> Obviously you haven't been the victim of real discrimination...
> born of ignorance. If you had..you wouldn't have found it any
> funnier than I did. Get informed. You can start with W.A.R.D.
>
> AG

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 10:37 AM
In a way it was. I have tried to point this out to Agua Girl but she seems
to want to insist that I have this strong hatred (which I do not) for
Pagans.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .

> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.
>

> > AG
> >
> > "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> >> I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to
> >> come to your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask
> >> them to. Here are a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid
> >> of them.
> >>
> >> 1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.
> >>
> >> 2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a
> >> goat so I can't talk right now.
> >>
> >> 3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.
> >>
> >> 4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have
> >> time right now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.
> >>
> >> 5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous
> >> gambling debt. Are you here to pay up?
> >>
> >> 6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him
> >> waiting.
> >>
> >> 7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?
> >>
> >> 8. Got any virgins in your group?
> >>
> >> 9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now
> >> sexually frustrated.
> >>
> >> 10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> >> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >>
> >> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> >> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> --
> nimue
>
> "Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
> that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
> underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."
>
> Curtis Armstrong
>
> "I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
> Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
> Clairel
>
> "There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
> after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
> smoking." Principal Snyder

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 10:37 AM
In a way it was. I have tried to point this out to Agua Girl but she seems
to want to insist that I have this strong hatred (which I do not) for
Pagans.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"nimue" > wrote in message
.. .

> I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
> believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat
Protector
> really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
> believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
> don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse
and
> the reporting of the same. Scary.
>

> > AG
> >
> > "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> >> I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to
> >> come to your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask
> >> them to. Here are a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid
> >> of them.
> >>
> >> 1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.
> >>
> >> 2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a
> >> goat so I can't talk right now.
> >>
> >> 3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.
> >>
> >> 4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have
> >> time right now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.
> >>
> >> 5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous
> >> gambling debt. Are you here to pay up?
> >>
> >> 6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him
> >> waiting.
> >>
> >> 7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?
> >>
> >> 8. Got any virgins in your group?
> >>
> >> 9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now
> >> sexually frustrated.
> >>
> >> 10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> >> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >>
> >> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> >> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> --
> nimue
>
> "Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
> that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
> underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."
>
> Curtis Armstrong
>
> "I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
> Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
> Clairel
>
> "There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
> after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
> smoking." Principal Snyder

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 10:40 AM
> Are you going to be mad at me if I say I have a black cat and I see it as
> symbol of good luck?

Of course not.

> You seem to be hell bent on proving that a simple
> symbol such as a pentagram can't be used for either positive or negative.

Anything can be used as a symbol for positive or negative. Promoting the
idea that the pentagram is some how bad and signifies something negative
(as you did since you suggested using it alot with comments about goat
bload and sacrifices to scare off JW) is ignorant and dangerous. The only
time the pentagram is really used as a symbol by "devil worshippers" or for
something bad is when it is inverted. This is done to signify the opposite
of what it stands for. It's the anti symbol. This is a fact. Wrap your
mind
around it. Research it. Check out the differences. You can use any
symbol for anything you want but that doesn't make it stand for that.
Pentagrams...normal point up 5 pointed stars surrounded by a circle mean
only one thing historical..and world wide. That is the symbol of earth,
air,
fire, water and spirit..and the circle of life. That's it. Saying...even
as a joke...
that having such a symbol should some how scare off JW is ignorant and
promotes the idea that the symbol should be feared.

> Symbols can be tools as well...

No...a symbol is just a symbol. A tool is something different. Check
the meaning in websters. Unless you happen to have a metal pentagram
that you attached the end of a stick and now use as a shovel. Then I
suppose
it's now a tool.....

> You seem to have no sense of humor here. I
> think you need to re-read my post because I didn't say that the pentagram
> was mainly a satanic symbol.

You promoted it. Maybe you should re-read your post. Better yet,
buy a pentagram and wear it around your neck for a week or two and
watch the reactions. When you lose your job, when your landlord
decides not to renew your lease, when your neighbors egg your house...
then tell me how funny you find your comments. No..none of those things
have happened to me but they are actual cases of religious discriminations
all
because someone was ignorant about what that symbol means...and your "humor"
perpetuates that kind of ignorance. You can get all defensive and blame my
lack of "humor" or you can get educated..your choice. BTW, I have a very
good sense of humor...you just aren't funny.
AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 10:40 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> Are you going to be mad at me if I say I have a black cat and I see it as
> symbol of good luck?

Of course not.

> You seem to be hell bent on proving that a simple
> symbol such as a pentagram can't be used for either positive or negative.

Anything can be used as a symbol for positive or negative. Promoting the
idea that the pentagram is some how bad and signifies something negative
(as you did since you suggested using it alot with comments about goat
bload and sacrifices to scare off JW) is ignorant and dangerous. The only
time the pentagram is really used as a symbol by "devil worshippers" or for
something bad is when it is inverted. This is done to signify the opposite
of what it stands for. It's the anti symbol. This is a fact. Wrap your
mind
around it. Research it. Check out the differences. You can use any
symbol for anything you want but that doesn't make it stand for that.
Pentagrams...normal point up 5 pointed stars surrounded by a circle mean
only one thing historical..and world wide. That is the symbol of earth,
air,
fire, water and spirit..and the circle of life. That's it. Saying...even
as a joke...
that having such a symbol should some how scare off JW is ignorant and
promotes the idea that the symbol should be feared.

> Symbols can be tools as well...

No...a symbol is just a symbol. A tool is something different. Check
the meaning in websters. Unless you happen to have a metal pentagram
that you attached the end of a stick and now use as a shovel. Then I
suppose
it's now a tool.....

> You seem to have no sense of humor here. I
> think you need to re-read my post because I didn't say that the pentagram
> was mainly a satanic symbol.

You promoted it. Maybe you should re-read your post. Better yet,
buy a pentagram and wear it around your neck for a week or two and
watch the reactions. When you lose your job, when your landlord
decides not to renew your lease, when your neighbors egg your house...
then tell me how funny you find your comments. No..none of those things
have happened to me but they are actual cases of religious discriminations
all
because someone was ignorant about what that symbol means...and your "humor"
perpetuates that kind of ignorance. You can get all defensive and blame my
lack of "humor" or you can get educated..your choice. BTW, I have a very
good sense of humor...you just aren't funny.
AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 10:57 AM
> Nobody mentioned slavery or the whole race issue but you seem to want to
> take things out of context and turn it into something about you. Are you
> offended by my having a black cat? The whole post was humorous and that
was
> all it was. It seems to me you want to take something that isn't there and
> make a whole issue out of it. You need to learn to relax here and maybe
> laugh a little. As for discimination, I have faced it but I also know when
> some things were meant as a joke. The original posting that I made was
meant
> for humor. It seems most here got that but you insist it was nothing more
> than a ruthless attempt to pick on Pagans (which were never even picked on
> nor brought up until you mentioned them). Nobody was picking on the Pagans
> here so you need to learn to lighten up. There is also a not anti-Pagan
> campaign here either but you seem to want fight something that isn't
there.
> Personally, I got nothing against them.

No..I said your sense of humor perpetuates the ignorance tied to the use
of a pentagram. My point was that you might laugh at a "slave" joke but
I know a lot of people who wouldn't. There is a whole myth tied to the
pentagram so now those people who wear it as a symbol of love of earth
have to deal with the ignorant majority who continue to see it as some thing
negative...which by the way was how you used it. I am not saying you are
mounting a anti-pagan campaign..merely pointing out how your "jokes" are
spreading ignorance. How bout those burning cross jokes huh???? what?
not funny?

> Of course here is something that may shock and upset you. I have a black
cat
> and I consider all black cats as being a symbol of good luck. BTW, I have
> known those who practice both Paganism and Wicca and am well versed on
what
> the pentagram symbolizes but satanists also seem to use it as a symbol.

First off...I have a black cat too..big deal. That's another stupid myth.
Secondly,
you aren't well versed in Paganism or Wicca or you wouldn't think the
pentagram
they use is the same as the inverted one used by the satanist. It's not the
same
as the star of David either in case that alluded you.

>One thing I know for sure is that most of those practictioners have a
sense of
> humor and have laughed at some of the jokes. Why? Because they are human
and
> are quite confident in themselves and their practice. They also try to
> spread postive and not negative.

Honestly...I am one of the least "militant" people I know when it comes
to this stuff. NONE of the pagans I know appreciate the continued
spread of ignorance when it comes to our spirituality. Frankly..I don't
think
you know any practicing Wiccans. Yes, we walk in the light, are basically
positive earth based persons...but having to deal with discrimination
because
some yahoo got the wrong idea about what a pentagram means from some
stupid internet joke will make anyone a little cranky.

>And when faced with negative they try to
> turn it into positive. You can try to turn this into a flame war if you
want
> to but no ill will was meant here. It was humor. Nothing more and nothing
> less. What does W.A.R.D. supposed mean anyway?

Ask your witch friends. You have so many that you feel confident
you know what they will find funny...should be a simple task.

> BTW, for those who have non-black cats I am also a member of your society
as
> well as I also have a diluted Tabby. If Agua girl or anyone else wants to
be
> mad about that then there is nothing I can do here. I am simply a cat
lover
> and servent to two cats.

Again...I don't care what color your cats are. You could have a pet serpent
for all I care. Just stop promoting the idea..even in joke..that the
pentagram is something to be feared or means something negative. That's
all I asked in the first place. Your the one who got all defensive and
assumed
that my reaction meant I had no sense of humor. This is a religious symbol.
The fact that some satanist invert it much as they do the cross doesn't mean
they also "use" the symbol. You can do a lot of harm with your "jokes".
If you really do have "pagan" friends then you should be willing to
grow a little as a human and avoid "jokes" that could potentially harm.

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 10:57 AM
> [...]

be
> mad about that then there is nothing I can do here. I am simply a cat
lover
> and servent to two cats.

Again...I don't care what color your cats are. You could have a pet serpent
for all I care. Just stop promoting the idea..even in joke..that the
pentagram is something to be feared or means something negative. That's
all I asked in the first place. Your the one who got all defensive and
assumed
that my reaction meant I had no sense of humor. This is a religious symbol.
The fact that some satanist invert it much as they do the cross doesn't mean
they also "use" the symbol. You can do a lot of harm with your "jokes".
If you really do have "pagan" friends then you should be willing to
grow a little as a human and avoid "jokes" that could potentially harm.

September 15th 03, 11:07 AM
Ok Agua Girl, I am under the impression you simply do not have a sense of
humor. I did not promote Pagans at all anyway. You seem to want to make more
of this than is there. If any Pagans here were offended then I apologize but
still it was meant as humor. As for buying a pentagram and wearing it around
my neck, I am afraid it wouldn't look as good as a tattoo of one of my cats
on me. As for losing a job and a landlord not renewing your lease simply
because you are wearing a pentagram seems like nonsense to me. You can't
blame life's misfortunes on that. When I was younger our house was toilet
papered but you didn't see my cry about it. In my last apartment it was
egged by kids who were trouble for the whole complex. I didn't cry about it
then either. They ended up getting kicked out of their apartment. Typical
life stuff that happens. You say I am not funny but of course you seem to be
showing a lack of sense of humor and trying to lable me as ignorant or a bad
person. Is it a part of your religion or practice to pass judgment on
others? I bet if someone said they worshipped cats you'd find a problem with
that, right?

"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> You promoted it. Maybe you should re-read your post. Better yet,
> buy a pentagram and wear it around your neck for a week or two and
> watch the reactions. When you lose your job, when your landlord
> decides not to renew your lease, when your neighbors egg your house...
> then tell me how funny you find your comments. No..none of those things
> have happened to me but they are actual cases of religious discriminations
> all
> because someone was ignorant about what that symbol means...and your
"humor"
> perpetuates that kind of ignorance. You can get all defensive and blame my
> lack of "humor" or you can get educated..your choice. BTW, I have a
very
> good sense of humor...you just aren't funny.
> AG

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 11:21 AM
Cross burning jokes? You have a cross to bear lady? I am so glad you feel
that you must be the know-it-all in everything Pagan but you are incorrect
about the Pentagram. It is used as a symbol by Wiccans (which is a
Paganistic religion), Pagans and of course satanists. You mention the Star
of David which is a Jewish symbol so I guess now you have problem with Jews
now right? I have to admit you are certainly entertaining all of us by your
left wing posts. You say you are one of the less militant people regarding
this stuff yet you have no problem ruthlessly attacking people and call them
ignorant or making them out to be the bad guys here when a pentagram is
mentioned in a joke. You claim I don't know any practicing Wiccans but you
would be incorrect. Get off the warpath here Agua Girl. No harm was even
intented to Pagans but yet you seem to insist that it was. Sheesh! Should
all of us humans be just like you and totally put an end to humor? But of
course that would be offensive to comedians and clowns.

"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> [...]

> lover
> > and servent to two cats.
>
> Again...I don't care what color your cats are. You could have a pet
serpent
> for all I care. Just stop promoting the idea..even in joke..that the
> pentagram is something to be feared or means something negative. That's
> all I asked in the first place. Your the one who got all defensive and
> assumed
> that my reaction meant I had no sense of humor. This is a religious
symbol.
> The fact that some satanist invert it much as they do the cross doesn't
mean
> they also "use" the symbol. You can do a lot of harm with your "jokes".
> If you really do have "pagan" friends then you should be willing to
> grow a little as a human and avoid "jokes" that could potentially harm.

Nadine
September 15th 03, 12:02 PM
CP wrote:
>I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since
>they make it a point to come to your house to
>quote the bible when you clearly did not ask
>them to. Here are a some excuses or questions
>one can use to get rid of them.

I have had problems with them also, and some (not all) of them just
don't want to take no for an answer. My mother had one come to her door
years ago and when she said "no thank you" and tried to close the door
he stuck his foot in the door, and prevented her from closing it.
Unfortunately for him the dog we had at the time didn't like that move
and promptly grabbed hold of his shoe and held on! (60 lbs. of dog). As
soon as my mother told him to let go he did and the man quickly withdrew
his foot. LOL
Also I had a male coworker who told me this story: A couple of
them came to his door just after he got out of the shower, he was only
wearing a towel. He told them that he was very interested in what they
had to say and asked if they would please come back later so they could
talk to both HIM and his HUSBAND!! They just started at him with open
mouths and then turned and walked away quickly.
Luckily we live well off the beaten path and have only had them
show up here twice in 15 years. One group left with no problem, but the
other bunch tried harder and didn't want to give it up and had to be
"run" off with a threat of our dogs being let out of the house. (3
large ones that met them at the door that would have licked them to
death but LOL they didn't know that).

Nadine

Nadine
September 15th 03, 12:02 PM
CP wrote:
>I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since
>they make it a point to come to your house to
>quote the bible when you clearly did not ask
>them to. Here are a some excuses or questions
>one can use to get rid of them.

I have had problems with them also, and some (not all) of them just
don't want to take no for an answer. My mother had one come to her door
years ago and when she said "no thank you" and tried to close the door
he stuck his foot in the door, and prevented her from closing it.
Unfortunately for him the dog we had at the time didn't like that move
and promptly grabbed hold of his shoe and held on! (60 lbs. of dog). As
soon as my mother told him to let go he did and the man quickly withdrew
his foot. LOL
Also I had a male coworker who told me this story: A couple of
them came to his door just after he got out of the shower, he was only
wearing a towel. He told them that he was very interested in what they
had to say and asked if they would please come back later so they could
talk to both HIM and his HUSBAND!! They just started at him with open
mouths and then turned and walked away quickly.
Luckily we live well off the beaten path and have only had them
show up here twice in 15 years. One group left with no problem, but the
other bunch tried harder and didn't want to give it up and had to be
"run" off with a threat of our dogs being let out of the house. (3
large ones that met them at the door that would have licked them to
death but LOL they didn't know that).

Nadine

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 04:01 PM
> Cross burning jokes? You have a cross to bear lady? I am so glad you feel
> that you must be the know-it-all in everything Pagan but you are incorrect
> about the Pentagram. It is used as a symbol by Wiccans (which is a
> Paganistic religion), Pagans and of course satanists. You mention the Star
> of David which is a Jewish symbol so I guess now you have problem with
Jews
> now right? I have to admit you are certainly entertaining all of us by
your
> left wing posts. You say you are one of the less militant people regarding
> this stuff yet you have no problem ruthlessly attacking people and call
them
> ignorant or making them out to be the bad guys here when a pentagram is
> mentioned in a joke. You claim I don't know any practicing Wiccans but you
> would be incorrect. Get off the warpath here Agua Girl. No harm was even
> intented to Pagans but yet you seem to insist that it was. Sheesh! Should
> all of us humans be just like you and totally put an end to humor? But of
> course that would be offensive to comedians and clowns.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with
being ignorant..we can't all know everything. The problem is with
allowing ignorance to continue.
I don't have a cross to bear....but you do. (btw..you missed the
point of that completely)
You seem to think that continuing to spread ignorance through
what you see as harmless jokes should be fine. I offered you the
chance to right a wrong..to stop spreading myths and you got
offended. I suggested you get informed..and you got indignant.
Go to a website on paganism and look at their pentacle or
pentagram than go to a devil worship site and look at theirs.
They aren't the same. The reason I brought up the star of David
is because it also looks similar..but it isn't. You don't want to accept
the truth of your ignorance or lack of knowledge and that shows
more than ignorance....
I thought at first no harm was intended...and my response was to let you
know
that religious persecution does indeed exist. People really do lose their
jobs
and their apartments for NO REASON other than their religious leanings.
That spreading myths does indeed harm no matter what the intent.
When someone says "ow, your standing on my foot"..the proper response
is to apologize and back up. Not explain how you didn't mean to...blame
the person for lacking hard feet and then go on complaining about how
everyone has big feet. (that was a metaphor for stepping on my religion in
case you didn't get it).
Whatever. You obviously don't care to correct your lack of knowledge
or even accept that your "jokes" are spreading a myth that to this day
is harmful. I shudder to think what else you find funny. To that end...
I am done. You can't inform those that bask in their ignorance and wear
stupidity like a cloak.

plonk
AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 04:01 PM
> [...]

that religious persecution does indeed exist. People really do lose their
jobs
and their apartments for NO REASON other than their religious leanings.
That spreading myths does indeed harm no matter what the intent.
When someone says "ow, your standing on my foot"..the proper response
is to apologize and back up. Not explain how you didn't mean to...blame
the person for lacking hard feet and then go on complaining about how
everyone has big feet. (that was a metaphor for stepping on my religion in
case you didn't get it).
Whatever. You obviously don't care to correct your lack of knowledge
or even accept that your "jokes" are spreading a myth that to this day
is harmful. I shudder to think what else you find funny. To that end...
I am done. You can't inform those that bask in their ignorance and wear

Linda Terrell
September 15th 03, 04:48 PM
Don't answer your door unless it is someone
you know.

LT

Linda Terrell
September 15th 03, 04:48 PM
Don't answer your door unless it is someone
you know.

LT

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 05:29 PM
I know what ignorance means but you seem to want to turn this whole thing
into something about you. Stop painting a picture that isn't there. I guess
none of us can be as perfect as you. Nobody was picking on Pagans here. You
were the who threw that one in and got all mad over something that was not
even there. Are you in need of a spotlight here? I highly doubt people lose
their homes over something like religion. If that were true, I think would
think millions in this country would have been denied housing a long time
ago. There is always a reason things happen but I am not going to cry and
say religion is what caused all of my problems.

You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar to
the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike. I find it a
bit interesting that you turned something humorous into a sudden campaign
that everyone hates Pagans. were never mentioned in the original post. Of
course one mention of the Pentagram which you say is just a symbol and all
of a sudden you get mad and say the joke must be anti-Pagan. No offense was
intended here. I am not ignorant here but it seems to me you wish to lay
judgment here. Who gave you that right? Isn't laying judgment on another
against the Pagan way? You suggest that I go to Web Sites about Paganism but
maybe it is you that needs to do this. Nobody was spreading myths here.
Nobody wasn't picking on Pagans here. You decided to make a mountain out of
a non-existant mole hill here.

I could go round and round about this with you but apparently you are just
going to keep turning this into something about you and that the rest of us
are stupid and ignorant. I am not as perfect as you so I will have to live
with that fact. I am so sorry I disappointed you with having a sense of
humor. I guess I will just be serious all the time and try never to say or
use the word Pentagram in any sentance or conversation again. Also if you
wish, we can also remove the word from the dictionary, encyclopedia and all
other books. This way nobody can ever use it in a joke again. Yes, this was
sarcasm and no it was not intended to pick on or offend Pagans, Wiccans or
any other religion. I have apologized in one of my previous posts if any
Pagans were offended but it apparently escaped Agua Girl who now has the
right to judge other people and beat the hell out of this thread. She has
shown us the way that humor has no place anywhere and for that we can either
thank her or not. Into the killfile she goes and once again we can get back
on the track about cats.

"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with
> being ignorant..we can't all know everything. The problem is with
> allowing ignorance to continue.
> I don't have a cross to bear....but you do. (btw..you missed the
> point of that completely)
> You seem to think that continuing to spread ignorance through
> what you see as harmless jokes should be fine. I offered you the
> chance to right a wrong..to stop spreading myths and you got
> offended. I suggested you get informed..and you got indignant.
> Go to a website on paganism and look at their pentacle or
> pentagram than go to a devil worship site and look at theirs.
> They aren't the same. The reason I brought up the star of David
> is because it also looks similar..but it isn't. You don't want to accept
> the truth of your ignorance or lack of knowledge and that shows
> more than ignorance....
> I thought at first no harm was intended...and my response was to let you
> know
> that religious persecution does indeed exist. People really do lose their
> jobs
> and their apartments for NO REASON other than their religious leanings.
> That spreading myths does indeed harm no matter what the intent.
> When someone says "ow, your standing on my foot"..the proper response
> is to apologize and back up. Not explain how you didn't mean to...blame
> the person for lacking hard feet and then go on complaining about how
> everyone has big feet. (that was a metaphor for stepping on my religion
in
> case you didn't get it).
> Whatever. You obviously don't care to correct your lack of knowledge
> or even accept that your "jokes" are spreading a myth that to this day
> is harmful. I shudder to think what else you find funny. To that end...
> I am done. You can't inform those that bask in their ignorance and wear
> stupidity like a cloak.
>
> plonk
> AG

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 05:39 PM
Now that is a funny story. I remember Jehovah's Witnesses came to my
parent's door despite the fact that there was mezuzah in the doorway. I
guess Jews are a target religion for them. I also remember once hearing a
story of someone who had some Jehovah's Witnesses come to his door. They
politely invited them inside and had them sit down. This person then went
into another room, took off all their clothes and then walked in the room
where the Jehovah's Witnesses were seated. They high tailed it out of there
and never came back.

"Nadine" > wrote in message
> I have had problems with them also, and some (not all) of them just
> don't want to take no for an answer. My mother had one come to her door
> years ago and when she said "no thank you" and tried to close the door
> he stuck his foot in the door, and prevented her from closing it.
> Unfortunately for him the dog we had at the time didn't like that move
> and promptly grabbed hold of his shoe and held on! (60 lbs. of dog). As
> soon as my mother told him to let go he did and the man quickly withdrew
> his foot. LOL
> Also I had a male coworker who told me this story: A couple of
> them came to his door just after he got out of the shower, he was only
> wearing a towel. He told them that he was very interested in what they
> had to say and asked if they would please come back later so they could
> talk to both HIM and his HUSBAND!! They just started at him with open
> mouths and then turned and walked away quickly.
> Luckily we live well off the beaten path and have only had them
> show up here twice in 15 years. One group left with no problem, but the
> other bunch tried harder and didn't want to give it up and had to be
> "run" off with a threat of our dogs being let out of the house. (3
> large ones that met them at the door that would have licked them to
> death but LOL they didn't know that).
>
> Nadine

Phar Kemal
September 15th 03, 06:08 PM
I never answer the door unless:

1. It's someone I know.
2. They're wearing a UPS uniform.
3. They're carying a pizza.
4. They're yelling "Get out. Your house is on fire!"

The first three happen frequently.
The fourth one has only happened once.

Phar Kemal
September 15th 03, 06:08 PM
I never answer the door unless:

1. It's someone I know.
2. They're wearing a UPS uniform.
3. They're carying a pizza.
4. They're yelling "Get out. Your house is on fire!"

The first three happen frequently.
The fourth one has only happened once.

Priscilla H Ballou
September 15th 03, 06:31 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> Nobody was picking on Pagans here.

Making use of stereotypes about Pagans could certainly be interpretted as
"picking on" them. I found myself somewhat bothered by the post in
question myself. And I'm not even Pagan!

>You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar to
>the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike.

IIRC, the comparison was to the stars in the US flag. And she's spot on
with that.

I think a little sensitivity towards a group of religions which has been
traditionally discriminated against would be in order.

Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
thanks to this thread!

Priscilla H Ballou
September 15th 03, 06:31 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> Nobody was picking on Pagans here.

Making use of stereotypes about Pagans could certainly be interpretted as
"picking on" them. I found myself somewhat bothered by the post in
question myself. And I'm not even Pagan!

>You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar to
>the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike.

IIRC, the comparison was to the stars in the US flag. And she's spot on
with that.

I think a little sensitivity towards a group of religions which has been
traditionally discriminated against would be in order.

Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
thanks to this thread!

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 07:06 PM
Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing. No Pagans were
even mentioned until she brought it up. I guess some people need the
spotlight no matter what the topic is. No offense was meant but I guess AG
wishes to see people who mention Pentagrams as being bad people. I killfiled
her though since it was obvious that despite anything said or any apology
offered she still wants to call people names and then judge them. It must be
great for her to be judge, jury and executioner so instead of continuing the
debate I killfiled her. It is much easier to do that than to keep the war
going.

"Priscilla H Ballou" > wrote in message

> Making use of stereotypes about Pagans could certainly be interpretted as
> "picking on" them. I found myself somewhat bothered by the post in
> question myself. And I'm not even Pagan!
>
> >You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar
> >the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike.
>
> IIRC, the comparison was to the stars in the US flag. And she's spot on
> with that.
>
> I think a little sensitivity towards a group of religions which has been
> traditionally discriminated against would be in order.
>
> Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
> thanks to this thread!

Cat Protector
September 15th 03, 07:06 PM
Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing. No Pagans were
even mentioned until she brought it up. I guess some people need the
spotlight no matter what the topic is. No offense was meant but I guess AG
wishes to see people who mention Pentagrams as being bad people. I killfiled
her though since it was obvious that despite anything said or any apology
offered she still wants to call people names and then judge them. It must be
great for her to be judge, jury and executioner so instead of continuing the
debate I killfiled her. It is much easier to do that than to keep the war
going.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Priscilla H Ballou" > wrote in message

> Making use of stereotypes about Pagans could certainly be interpretted as
> "picking on" them. I found myself somewhat bothered by the post in
> question myself. And I'm not even Pagan!
>
> >You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar
> >the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike.
>
> IIRC, the comparison was to the stars in the US flag. And she's spot on
> with that.
>
> I think a little sensitivity towards a group of religions which has been
> traditionally discriminated against would be in order.
>
> Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
> thanks to this thread!

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 07:09 PM
"Priscilla H Ballou" > wrote in message
> In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> > Nobody was picking on Pagans here.
>
> Making use of stereotypes about Pagans could certainly be interpretted as
> "picking on" them. I found myself somewhat bothered by the post in
> question myself. And I'm not even Pagan!
>
> >You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar
> >the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike.
>
> IIRC, the comparison was to the stars in the US flag. And she's spot on
> with that.

Actually I did mention the Star of David. I know that star has six points
and
looks more like entertwined triangles but if an upside pentagram can look
like
a regular one...well... <g>.

I was Pagan before I knew what pagan was :-). I researched everything
including
the pentagram before I started wearing one. It's really a beautiful
concept...the
symbol itself, and it has a long long history. The use of the inverted
pentagram
didn't happen until the 20th century when the statanist or "black magic"
cults
started inverting it to represent the individuals goals over the spirit.
Even that isn't
evil as much as it is selfish and short sighted.

> I think a little sensitivity towards a group of religions which has been
> traditionally discriminated against would be in order.

Agreed. That's all I was really asking. I guess it's hard for some people
believe that persecution can actually still exist in this day and age. You
would
think we had grown beyond that. Just as jokes about racism are harmful to
those still dealing with it...jokes about religions are harmful. And I
don't mean
the "a rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar" jokes...I mean the
comments
that perpetuate myths and stereotypes spoken in jest. Not everyone gets
that it's
a joke unless it ends in some punch line so the stereotypes live on.
Sensitivity
is not everyone's strong suit. :-)

> Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
> thanks to this thread!|

Cool, I learned something too. I looked up the whole satan aspect. I had
read something about it moons ago but wanted to be sure before I posted
my concerns. Good habit that :-) I am sorry I carried on so long though.
This is a fun group about cats..not a religious discussion group. I didn't
expect it to get so out of hand. To bring it back on topic....Sasha
was almost named Silver because she kept stealing my silver chain (and
pentagram) off my night stand. I guess it just looked like something she
needed
to play with. Now I hang it up at night and she has moved on to other off
limit items. :-)

AG

Agua Girl
September 15th 03, 07:09 PM
> [...]

a joke unless it ends in some punch line so the stereotypes live on.
Sensitivity
is not everyone's strong suit. :-)

> Priscilla, who's learned what the five points of the pentagram stand for,
> thanks to this thread!|

Cool, I learned something too. I looked up the whole satan aspect. I had
read something about it moons ago but wanted to be sure before I posted
my concerns. Good habit that :-) I am sorry I carried on so long though.
This is a fun group about cats..not a religious discussion group. I didn't
expect it to get so out of hand. To bring it back on topic....Sasha
was almost named Silver because she kept stealing my silver chain (and
pentagram) off my night stand. I guess it just looked like something she
needed
to play with. Now I hang it up at night and she has moved on to other off

September 15th 03, 08:08 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
>all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing.

You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"

Priscilla

Priscilla H Ballou
September 15th 03, 08:08 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
>all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing.

You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"

Priscilla

Dee
September 15th 03, 10:01 PM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:08:12 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Priscilla H Ballou >
> Newsgroups: alt.cats, rec.pets.cats.misc, rec.pets.cats.rescue
> Subject: Re: Watchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) to BAN PUSSIES: JW Idjit
> Sornson
>
> In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> >Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
> >all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing.

> You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
> What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
> talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"

If anyone's actually interested:

http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102a.htm

Dee

Dee
September 15th 03, 10:01 PM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:08:12 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Priscilla H Ballou >
> Newsgroups: alt.cats, rec.pets.cats.misc, rec.pets.cats.rescue
> Subject: Re: Watchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) to BAN PUSSIES: JW Idjit
> Sornson
>
> In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> >Well my thing with Agua Girl is that she suddenly saw the word Pentagram and
> >all of a sudden she turned it into a picking on Pagans thing.

> You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
> What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
> talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"

If anyone's actually interested:

http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102a.htm

Dee

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 02:58 AM
Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Priscilla H Ballou" > wrote in message

> You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
> What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
> talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"
>
> Priscilla

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 02:58 AM
Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Priscilla H Ballou" > wrote in message

> You want to tell me about any other religious group that uses pentagrams?
> What you're saying is sort of like saying "why did that Jew think I was
> talking about Judaism when I made reference to a star of David?"
>
> Priscilla

Priscilla Ballou
September 16th 03, 03:38 AM
In article <Q7u9b.5275$v%5.51@fed1read02>,
"Cat Protector" > wrote:

> Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.

Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

Priscilla
--
The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

"Cat Protector" > wrote:

> Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.

Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

Priscilla
--
The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Agua Girl
September 16th 03, 04:59 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article <Q7u9b.5275$v%5.51@fed1read02>,
> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.
>
> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

Well, without getting into a huge discussion on terminology. Satanist
are pagans in the most base meaning of the word. Most pagans are
now using the term neopagan to try and differentiate but really the more
accepted definition of a Pagan is one who's spiritual path is Earth centered
and who's members respect the earth and live in harmony with the earths
cycles. The Native Americans were pagans..(as were thousands of cultures
before them) and most modern day pagans try to nourish the earth in much
the same way.
Satanist..if I understand them correctly..don't really consider themselves
"evil" or worship the dark lord but they don't observe the same Karmic
laws as Wiccan's and they don't believe in the spirit being higher than the
material self. Honestly, it is all so intermixed. I read a wonderful book
by
Raven Grimassi just this weekend called the spirit of the Witch. He
describes
a gathering of people forming a circle with a large crystal in the center.
Each
person describes the crystal and of course each person see's the crystal a
little
differently. Some see sharp edges, other see smooth surface,..etc. Each of
them is right and see the "true" crystal but only from their own
perspective. Only
by weaving their experience together can one know the true crystal...and
then
there are still hundreds of perspectives (above and below) that are yet
explored.
I see...(as Raven did) religions as being that way. Each of us see the
truth from
our own perspective. Each of us is right and each of us is wrong. Only the
most stubborn will refuse to accept anothers point of view as being "true"
(if
only from thier perspective). It's a great analogy. I have just read the
book but
I hope that visual sticks with me always.

AG (done with religion...I swear to ...err...I promise <g>)

> Priscilla
> --
> The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Agua Girl
September 16th 03, 04:59 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article <Q7u9b.5275$v%5.51@fed1read02>,
> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.
>
> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

Well, without getting into a huge discussion on terminology. Satanist
are pagans in the most base meaning of the word. Most pagans are
now using the term neopagan to try and differentiate but really the more
accepted definition of a Pagan is one who's spiritual path is Earth centered
and who's members respect the earth and live in harmony with the earths
cycles. The Native Americans were pagans..(as were thousands of cultures
before them) and most modern day pagans try to nourish the earth in much
the same way.
Satanist..if I understand them correctly..don't really consider themselves
"evil" or worship the dark lord but they don't observe the same Karmic
laws as Wiccan's and they don't believe in the spirit being higher than the
material self. Honestly, it is all so intermixed. I read a wonderful book
by
Raven Grimassi just this weekend called the spirit of the Witch. He
describes
a gathering of people forming a circle with a large crystal in the center.
Each
person describes the crystal and of course each person see's the crystal a
little
differently. Some see sharp edges, other see smooth surface,..etc. Each of
them is right and see the "true" crystal but only from their own
perspective. Only
by weaving their experience together can one know the true crystal...and
then
there are still hundreds of perspectives (above and below) that are yet
explored.
I see...(as Raven did) religions as being that way. Each of us see the
truth from
our own perspective. Each of us is right and each of us is wrong. Only the
most stubborn will refuse to accept anothers point of view as being "true"
(if
only from thier perspective). It's a great analogy. I have just read the
book but
I hope that visual sticks with me always.

AG (done with religion...I swear to ...err...I promise <g>)

> Priscilla
> --
> The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 09:46 AM
Yes but you asked for religions and two such examples were given here.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article <Q7u9b.5275$v%5.51@fed1read02>,
> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.
>
> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.
>
> Priscilla
> --
> The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 09:46 AM
Yes but you asked for religions and two such examples were given here.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article <Q7u9b.5275$v%5.51@fed1read02>,
> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > Wiccans and satanists have also used Pentagrams.
>
> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.
>
> Priscilla
> --
> The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Dee
September 16th 03, 08:31 PM
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla Ballou wrote:

> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

LOL ...you believe huh?

Dee
September 16th 03, 08:31 PM
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla Ballou wrote:

> Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.

LOL ...you believe huh?

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 08:56 PM
As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

"Dee" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>
> > Wiccans are clearly Pagan, and Satanists are also, I believe.
>
> LOL ...you believe huh?

Priscilla H Ballou
September 16th 03, 09:48 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>Yes but you asked for religions and two such examples were given here.

I said "any other religious group." Pagan is not other than Pagan.

Priscilla

Priscilla H Ballou
September 16th 03, 09:48 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>Yes but you asked for religions and two such examples were given here.

I said "any other religious group." Pagan is not other than Pagan.

Priscilla

Priscilla H Ballou
September 16th 03, 09:49 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

The word is "Pagan" not "Paganistic." And she was making a joke about
word use.

Priscilla

Priscilla H Ballou
September 16th 03, 09:49 PM
In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
>As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

The word is "Pagan" not "Paganistic." And she was making a joke about
word use.

Priscilla

Dee
September 16th 03, 10:08 PM
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:

> In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> >As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

> The word is "Pagan" not "Paganistic." And she was making a joke about
> word use.

Paganistic is certainly a word, and used correctly here.

Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

Dee

Dee
September 16th 03, 10:08 PM
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:

> In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> >As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

> The word is "Pagan" not "Paganistic." And she was making a joke about
> word use.

Paganistic is certainly a word, and used correctly here.

Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

Dee

Cat Protector
September 16th 03, 10:42 PM
I am done as well. This topic is pretty much beating a dead horse.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Dee" > wrote in message
news:Pine.SOL.4.44.0309161706110.21648-> Sorry about the OT posts cat folks.
I'm done!

"Dee" > wrote in message
news:Pine.SOL.4.44.0309161706110.21648-> Sorry about the OT posts cat folks.
I'm done!

> Dee

Agua Girl
September 17th 03, 01:34 AM
"Dee" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:
>
> > In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> > >As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.
>
> Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.

> Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)

AG

Agua Girl
September 17th 03, 01:34 AM
"Dee" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Priscilla H Ballou wrote:
>
> > In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector > wrote:
> > >As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.
>
> Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.

> Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)

AG

Dee
September 17th 03, 03:32 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Agua Girl wrote:

> > Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

> The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
> Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
> Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
> Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
> an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
> any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
> Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.

Well, that's what *I* was trying to say! :) In order to worship Satan
(Lucifer) you had to have "God" cast Lucifer out of heaven for him to
exist in his current state. Christianity.

> > Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

> Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)

d0h! You made me do it!

Dee

Dee
September 17th 03, 03:32 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Agua Girl wrote:

> > Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

> The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
> Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
> Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
> Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
> an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
> any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
> Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.

Well, that's what *I* was trying to say! :) In order to worship Satan
(Lucifer) you had to have "God" cast Lucifer out of heaven for him to
exist in his current state. Christianity.

> > Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

> Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)

d0h! You made me do it!

Dee

Daedalus
September 17th 03, 07:37 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:32:54 -0400, Dee >, wrote:

>> > Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.
>
>> The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
>> Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
>> Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
>> Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
>> an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
>> any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
>> Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.
>
>Well, that's what *I* was trying to say! :) In order to worship Satan
>(Lucifer) you had to have "God" cast Lucifer out of heaven for him to
>exist in his current state. Christianity.

Not really. "Satan" was a concept that Chirstianity took from Pagans
in the first place. They just made him into a fallen angel.

Jade

>> > Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!
>
>> Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)
>
>d0h! You made me do it!
>

>Dee

Daedalus
September 17th 03, 07:37 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:32:54 -0400, Dee >, wrote:

>> > Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.
>
>> The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
>> Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
>> Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
>> Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
>> an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
>> any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
>> Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky <G>.
>
>Well, that's what *I* was trying to say! :) In order to worship Satan
>(Lucifer) you had to have "God" cast Lucifer out of heaven for him to
>exist in his current state. Christianity.

Not really. "Satan" was a concept that Chirstianity took from Pagans
in the first place. They just made him into a fallen angel.

Jade

>> > Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!
>
>> Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)
>
>d0h! You made me do it!
>

>Dee

TCS
September 17th 03, 10:17 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:37:02 GMT, Daedalus > wrote:
> Not really. "Satan" was a concept that Chirstianity took from Pagans
> in the first place. They just made him into a fallen angel.

That's not surprising. Christianity is a hodpodge religion entirely
borrowed from other religions -- judaism, zoroastrism and mithraism.

TCS
September 17th 03, 10:17 PM
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:37:02 GMT, Daedalus > wrote:
> Not really. "Satan" was a concept that Chirstianity took from Pagans
> in the first place. They just made him into a fallen angel.

That's not surprising. Christianity is a hodpodge religion entirely
borrowed from other religions -- judaism, zoroastrism and mithraism.

Agua Girl
September 18th 03, 03:20 PM
"Saffyr" > wrote in message
> The three subjects that always seem to get people riled and upset are sex,
> religion and politics...
>
> OK the religion is done - anyone want to go for sex or politics. (and I am
> joking folks).

:-) (and here you thought I was done). Just an aside. I wasn't arguing
about religion so much as I was admonishing perpetuating a myth
about a symbol. Kind of an anti-religious persecution rant if you must. :-)

> Gentle people, We are all on this newsgroup cos we love cats whether we
> believe in a particular colour being good luck or a special favourite for
> no readily explained reason ( I personally have a weakness for ginger
cats -
> cos my first cat as a small child was a ginger boy.) Perhaps it is time to
> get back to that focus, while I have found the discussion interesting
there
> are other forums for this discussion.

We know..and we already chastised ourselves an promised to move
back on topic...of course than you mentioned something and I felt
the need to respond and well...there you have it...the reason stuff
moves off topic to begin with.

I have a fondness for well behaved cats. <g>. Honestly, I like
them all. I don't know enough about the different breeds or even
mixes to know which I would like. I do like my current fur friend
and she is just a long haired black cat with a great disposition.

AG

Agua Girl
September 18th 03, 03:20 PM