PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Sammy

Michael Harrison Russell
September 1st 03, 05:09 PM
Hi,

My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and had
been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and stayed with
me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy plodding around and
being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc. Yesterday I gave him some
chicken and a little cream, which he was so fond off. His face lit up at the
challenge at eating what was there.

I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet that
he will no longer be here.

For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The love,
devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I shall carry
for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.

I shall miss him beyond belief.

Mike

AWriteny
September 1st 03, 10:23 PM
Michael Harrison Russell

>My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years >old

Sorry to hear about Sammy. It's so hard when we lose our friend..no matter how
long a time or short a time we had with them.

AWriteny
September 1st 03, 10:23 PM
Michael Harrison Russell

>My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years >old

Sorry to hear about Sammy. It's so hard when we lose our friend..no matter how
long a time or short a time we had with them.

Suzie-Q
September 1st 03, 10:25 PM
Michael Harrison Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and
> had been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and
> stayed with me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy
> plodding around and being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc.
> Yesterday I gave him some chicken and a little cream, which he was so
> fond off. His face lit up at the challenge at eating what was there.
>
> I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet
> that he will no longer be here.
>
> For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The
> love, devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I
> shall carry for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
> I shall miss him beyond belief.

Mike,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost both of my 19-year-olds this
year, so I know exactly what you're feeling.

8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
September 1st 03, 10:25 PM
Michael Harrison Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and
> had been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and
> stayed with me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy
> plodding around and being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc.
> Yesterday I gave him some chicken and a little cream, which he was so
> fond off. His face lit up at the challenge at eating what was there.
>
> I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet
> that he will no longer be here.
>
> For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The
> love, devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I
> shall carry for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
> I shall miss him beyond belief.

Mike,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost both of my 19-year-olds this
year, so I know exactly what you're feeling.

8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

bewtifulfreak
September 2nd 03, 01:27 PM
Michael Harrison Russell wrote:

> For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The
> love, devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that
> I shall carry for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
> I shall miss him beyond belief.

So sorry to hear about Sammy, but so glad that you were able to share such
wonderful times with such a dear friend.

Healing Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

bewtifulfreak
September 2nd 03, 01:27 PM
Michael Harrison Russell wrote:

> For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The
> love, devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that
> I shall carry for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
> I shall miss him beyond belief.

So sorry to hear about Sammy, but so glad that you were able to share such
wonderful times with such a dear friend.

Healing Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

m. L. Briggs
September 3rd 03, 12:15 AM
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:09:49 +0100, Michael Harrison Russell
> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and had
>been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and stayed with
>me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy plodding around and
>being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc. Yesterday I gave him some
>chicken and a little cream, which he was so fond off. His face lit up at the
>challenge at eating what was there.
>
>I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet that
>he will no longer be here.
>
>For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The love,
>devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I shall carry
>for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
>I shall miss him beyond belief.
>
>Mike
>
>When I lost my 16 year old I just couldn't stand it. One month later, I went to Petsmart
and adopted TuTu. She is my constant (I mean constant) companion. I
still remember Princess daily. My sympathy to you for your loss. MLB

m. L. Briggs
September 3rd 03, 12:15 AM
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:09:49 +0100, Michael Harrison Russell
> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and had
>been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and stayed with
>me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy plodding around and
>being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc. Yesterday I gave him some
>chicken and a little cream, which he was so fond off. His face lit up at the
>challenge at eating what was there.
>
>I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet that
>he will no longer be here.
>
>For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The love,
>devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I shall carry
>for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
>
>I shall miss him beyond belief.
>
>Mike
>
>When I lost my 16 year old I just couldn't stand it. One month later, I went to Petsmart
and adopted TuTu. She is my constant (I mean constant) companion. I
still remember Princess daily. My sympathy to you for your loss. MLB

Mogie
September 4th 03, 04:37 AM
I am sorry for your lose. My furry gang is sending gentle purrs your way.

m. L. Briggs > wrote in message
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:09:49 +0100, Michael Harrison Russell
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >My beloved cat Sammy passed away this morning. He was 16 years old and
had
> >been with me since 1987. He had wandered in as a tiny kitten and stayed
with
> >me ever since. He had been ill of late but was happy plodding around and
> >being fussed over. He had been to the vets etc. Yesterday I gave him some
> >chicken and a little cream, which he was so fond off. His face lit up at
the
> >challenge at eating what was there.
> >
> >I have just returned form the pet cemetery and it has not sunk in yet
that
> >he will no longer be here.
> >
> >For those of you who are thinking of getting a cat please do. The love,
> >devotion and friendship is beyond belief and the memories that I shall
carry
> >for the rest of my life I shall cherish always.
> >
> >I shall miss him beyond belief.
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >When I lost my 16 year old I just couldn't stand it. One month later, I
went to Petsmart
> and adopted TuTu. She is my constant (I mean constant) companion. I
> still remember Princess daily. My sympathy to you for your loss. MLB

Bill Crocker
September 8th 03, 04:38 AM
Hey Mike, been there, done that, only about two months ago. My Smokey was
18 year old. The wife, and I went to a Michigan Humane Society animal
adoption show yesterday...just to look. Ended up adopting not one, but two
little rascals! They won't replace Smokey, but it sure helps cope with the
loss.

Bill Crocker