PDA

View Full Version : which science diet formula?

glenn
September 9th 03, 12:56 PM
What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

m. L. Briggs
September 11th 03, 02:51 AM
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:56:35 -0400, glenn > wrote:

>What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
>and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
>in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
>formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
>some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
>and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.
The thinking is that "seniors" need less calories than an active young
adult -- just like people.

m. L. Briggs
September 11th 03, 02:51 AM
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:56:35 -0400, glenn > wrote:

>What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
>and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
>in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
>formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
>some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
>and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.
The thinking is that "seniors" need less calories than an active young
adult -- just like people.

Linda Terrell
September 11th 03, 05:52 PM
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:56:35 UTC, glenn > wrote:

> What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
> and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
> in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
> formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
> some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
> and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

Have you read the ingredients? There is usually less
fat in food for older cats.

LT

--

Linda Terrell
September 11th 03, 05:52 PM
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:56:35 UTC, glenn > wrote:

> What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
> and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
> in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
> formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
> some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
> and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

Have you read the ingredients? There is usually less
fat in food for older cats.

LT

--

Joe Pitt
September 12th 03, 12:47 PM

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:56:35 UTC, glenn > wrote:
>
> > What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
> > and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
> > in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
> > formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
> > some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
> > and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.
>

> Have you read the ingredients? There is usually less
> fat in food for older cats.
>
> LT
>
> --

Joe Pitt
September 12th 03, 12:47 PM
I was told by a member of my rescue group that the senior is easier to chew
for one thing.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:56:35 UTC, glenn > wrote:
>
> > What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
> > and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
> > in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
> > formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
> > some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
> > and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.
>

> Have you read the ingredients? There is usually less
> fat in food for older cats.
>
> LT
>
> --

Bev-Ann
September 14th 03, 04:56 PM
The Hill's website will explain what the differences are in the different
formulas:

http://www.hillspet.com/index.jsp

on Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:56:35 -0400, glenn > wrote:

>What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
>and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
>in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
>formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
>some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
>and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

-----
Bev
bev-ann"at"shaw"dot"ca