PDA

View Full Version : What is the oddest, but funniest thing your cat plays with?

Emily W
September 30th 03, 04:57 AM

Linda Terrell
September 30th 03, 09:23 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:57:03 UTC, (Emily W)
wrote:

> --WebTV-Mail-7120-7990
> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!
> Thank you!
> Emily
> AKA
> KittenPawz

All of mine like the empty cardboard cylindar from
a roll of toilet tissue. Love to bat it about. But two of
them like to pick it up and carry it around in their mouth
like some prize then drop it at my feet. They look so
proud.

LT

wrote:

> --WebTV-Mail-7120-7990
> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!
> Thank you!
> Emily
> AKA
> KittenPawz

All of mine like the empty cardboard cylindar from
a roll of toilet tissue. Love to bat it about. But two of
them like to pick it up and carry it around in their mouth
like some prize then drop it at my feet. They look so
proud.

LT

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 09:12 PM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:23:36 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:57:03 UTC, (Emily W)
>wrote:
>

>> --WebTV-Mail-7120-7990
>> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
>> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
>> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
>> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
>> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
>> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
>> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!
>> Thank you!
>> Emily
>> AKA
>> KittenPawz
>
>All of mine like the empty cardboard cylindar from
>a roll of toilet tissue. Love to bat it about. But two of
>them like to pick it up and carry it around in their mouth
>like some prize then drop it at my feet. They look so
>proud.
>
>LT

TuTu loves to play with one of the extra long bobby pins used to hold
curlers in place.She bats it across the room then leaps in the air
sideways trying to catch it. MLB

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 09:12 PM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:23:36 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:57:03 UTC, (Emily W)
>wrote:
>

>> --WebTV-Mail-7120-7990
>> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
>> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
>> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
>> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
>> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
>> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
>> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!
>> Thank you!
>> Emily
>> AKA
>> KittenPawz
>
>All of mine like the empty cardboard cylindar from
>a roll of toilet tissue. Love to bat it about. But two of
>them like to pick it up and carry it around in their mouth
>like some prize then drop it at my feet. They look so
>proud.
>
>LT

TuTu loves to play with one of the extra long bobby pins used to hold
curlers in place.She bats it across the room then leaps in the air
sideways trying to catch it. MLB

Suzie-Q
September 30th 03, 09:29 PM
Emily W wrote:

> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!

Straws. Plain drinking straws. The youngest especially, but
I've seen them all playing with the. The youngest (Gracie,
10 mos old) plays fetch with them.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
September 30th 03, 09:29 PM
Emily W wrote:

> I am just curious to find out what other cats play with.
> My 2 plays with hair ties, Q-Tips, boucy balls, tampons (very
> embarrasing when company comes over but still funny), make-up
> applicatiors, any kind of string, and they also play fetch with the
> bouncy balls and hair ties!!! It's ADORABLE!!
> They also chase each other in circles around my room?
> I'm interested to know about funny things your cats do!

Straws. Plain drinking straws. The youngest especially, but
I've seen them all playing with the. The youngest (Gracie,
10 mos old) plays fetch with them.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

RedRiver35
October 1st 03, 05:06 AM
Wine corks, my braids.

M.A.

RedRiver35
October 1st 03, 05:06 AM
Wine corks, my braids.

M.A.

DemoDisk
October 8th 03, 05:13 AM
Lots of things....

His "re-sealable." It's the yellow zip-open strip from a package of sandwich
meat. "Re-sealable" is printed on the end, so that's what we call it. It's a
tummy-tickler, and he loves to get into his cardboard box and have you poke
the end between the flaps.

Economical, yes?

JPM

PS: He also plays with...
Pecans from the back yard
Plastic bags from the store
Grapes, grape stems and banana stems
Toilet paper rolls (used to)
He also has his beloved terrycloth, rainbow fishie.

DemoDisk
October 8th 03, 05:13 AM
Lots of things....

His "re-sealable." It's the yellow zip-open strip from a package of sandwich
meat. "Re-sealable" is printed on the end, so that's what we call it. It's a
tummy-tickler, and he loves to get into his cardboard box and have you poke
the end between the flaps.

Economical, yes?

JPM

PS: He also plays with...
Pecans from the back yard
Plastic bags from the store
Grapes, grape stems and banana stems
Toilet paper rolls (used to)
He also has his beloved terrycloth, rainbow fishie.

theodore gump
October 10th 03, 11:35 PM
its not funny,but if i have to put my toilet paper out of reach or it
gets shredded.

theodore gump
October 10th 03, 11:35 PM
its not funny,but if i have to put my toilet paper out of reach or it
gets shredded.

---MIKE---
October 11th 03, 12:50 AM
My eyeglasses. I have a cord on them to hold them when I'm not wearing
them. Tiger can't resist trying to chew on them.

-MIKE

---MIKE---
October 11th 03, 12:50 AM
My eyeglasses. I have a cord on them to hold them when I'm not wearing
them. Tiger can't resist trying to chew on them.

-MIKE

Ted Davis
October 11th 03, 03:16 AM
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:35:32 -0700 (PDT),
(theodore gump) wrote:

>its not funny,but if i have to put my toilet paper out of reach or it
>gets shredded.

Of course you have to keep the spare rolls out of reach, but
installing the working roll so that the paper comes off the back
discourages most cats: if they paw the roll, it just winds up tighter.
If that doesn't work, you can place a light plastic container about
half full of water on the roll so that if it is pawed, the cat gets
drenched. I've only had to do that twice - it took two tries for the
cat to get the message. (Yes, it makes a mess on the floor and may
ruin the TP, but the whole thing is over in a couple of days.)

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)