PDA

View Full Version : do they?

turn man
October 3rd 03, 10:57 PM
do cat whiskers grow?

Ted Davis
October 4th 03, 12:43 AM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:57:06 GMT, "turn man" >
wrote:

>do cat whiskers grow?

Like all hairs, they grow and are shed when too old. The observation
that kittens are not born with adult whiskers indicates that they
grow, and finding them along with other cat hair in the bedding and
other places indicates they are shed.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

wrote:

>do cat whiskers grow?

Like all hairs, they grow and are shed when too old. The observation
that kittens are not born with adult whiskers indicates that they
grow, and finding them along with other cat hair in the bedding and
other places indicates they are shed.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

kaeli
October 6th 03, 05:14 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> do cat whiskers grow?

Unless they've been permanently damaged, like in a fire, yes.

A cat uses its whiskers for several things, including getting around in
the dark. Don't ever cut or trim them.

~kaeli~
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money
cannot make me happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
October 6th 03, 05:14 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> do cat whiskers grow?

Unless they've been permanently damaged, like in a fire, yes.

A cat uses its whiskers for several things, including getting around in
the dark. Don't ever cut or trim them.

~kaeli~
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money
cannot make me happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Linda Terrell
October 7th 03, 09:15 AM

> Unless they've been permanently damaged, like in a fire, yes.
>
> A cat uses its whiskers for several things, including getting around in
> the dark. Don't ever cut or trim them.

> ~kaeli~

They also use them for hunting/searching as the whiskers can feel the
smallest stir of breeze from something moving.

LT

Linda Terrell
October 7th 03, 09:15 AM