PDA

View Full Version : Will Lion dung keep away coyotes?

Cindy Compton
November 11th 03, 06:56 AM
I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
(7:15 pm).

I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)

I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
concept?

--
-Cindy

Kitty hugs & kisses >^..^<

http://home.earthlink.net/~cynthialou/
ICQ# 6880977

V.H. Frater B.T.
November 11th 03, 07:17 AM
No it will not help. The best thing you can do is shampoo the cats with A1
steak sauce. That will take care of your problems.

In article >, Cindy Compton
> wrote:
>I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
>have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
>nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
>gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
>(7:15 pm).
>
>I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
>coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
>
>I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
>Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
>concept?

V.H. Frater B.T.
November 11th 03, 07:17 AM
No it will not help. The best thing you can do is shampoo the cats with A1
steak sauce. That will take care of your problems.

In article >, Cindy Compton
> wrote:
>I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
>have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
>nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
>gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
>(7:15 pm).
>
>I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
>coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
>
>I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
>Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
>concept?

Rich
November 11th 03, 10:01 AM
You say "A1 Steak Sauce"? ...is that before they are killed or after?

With all joking aside, where did you hear that A1 Steak Sauce would do the
trick? I just hope Cindy will not believe that old wives tale. The 'steak
sauce' thing is an urban legend that has been around for quite a while.

"V.H. Frater B.T." > wrote in message
t...

> No it will not help. The best thing you can do is shampoo the cats with A1
> steak sauce. That will take care of your problems.
>

> In article >, Cindy Compton
> > wrote:
> >I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
> >have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
> >nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
> >gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
> >(7:15 pm).
> >
> >I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
> >coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
> >
> >I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
> >Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
> >concept?

Rich
November 11th 03, 10:01 AM
You say "A1 Steak Sauce"? ...is that before they are killed or after?

With all joking aside, where did you hear that A1 Steak Sauce would do the
trick? I just hope Cindy will not believe that old wives tale. The 'steak
sauce' thing is an urban legend that has been around for quite a while.

"V.H. Frater B.T." > wrote in message
t...

> No it will not help. The best thing you can do is shampoo the cats with A1
> steak sauce. That will take care of your problems.
>

> In article >, Cindy Compton
> > wrote:
> >I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
> >have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
> >nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
> >gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
> >(7:15 pm).
> >
> >I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
> >coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
> >
> >I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
> >Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
> >concept?

Fred
November 11th 03, 12:31 PM
The only thing that would scare the coyotes would be the lion itself.
I once lived where we had mountain lions as well as coyotes on the land
behind our house, so I suspect the coyotes were not scared off by lion dung.
We never let our cats outside because coyotes are cat lovers too!

"Cindy Compton" > wrote in message
> I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
> have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
> nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
> gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
> (7:15 pm).
>
> I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
> coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
>
> I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
> Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
> concept?
>
> --
> -Cindy
>
> Kitty hugs & kisses >^..^<
>

> http://home.earthlink.net/~cynthialou/
> ICQ# 6880977

Fred
November 11th 03, 12:31 PM
The only thing that would scare the coyotes would be the lion itself.
I once lived where we had mountain lions as well as coyotes on the land
behind our house, so I suspect the coyotes were not scared off by lion dung.
We never let our cats outside because coyotes are cat lovers too!

"Cindy Compton" > wrote in message
> I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
> have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
> nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
> gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
> (7:15 pm).
>
> I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
> coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
>
> I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
> Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
> concept?
>
> --
> -Cindy
>
> Kitty hugs & kisses >^..^<
>

> http://home.earthlink.net/~cynthialou/
> ICQ# 6880977

Linda Terrell
November 11th 03, 05:44 PM
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:31:26 UTC, "Fred" >
wrote:

> The only thing that would scare the coyotes would be the lion itself.
> I once lived where we had mountain lions as well as coyotes on the land
> behind our house, so I suspect the coyotes were not scared off by lion dung.
> We never let our cats outside because coyotes are cat lovers too!

I figger coyotes would merely go looking for the lion to
see what kind of critter it was.

LT

wrote:

> The only thing that would scare the coyotes would be the lion itself.
> I once lived where we had mountain lions as well as coyotes on the land
> behind our house, so I suspect the coyotes were not scared off by lion dung.
> We never let our cats outside because coyotes are cat lovers too!

I figger coyotes would merely go looking for the lion to
see what kind of critter it was.

LT

Cindy Compton
November 11th 03, 05:57 PM
Thanks Rich, I'm not buying the A1 Steak Sauce idea, besides the cats
would deplore it. But a friend of mine had a lion (shame on him, of
course) and he said people kept coming to him asking for lion dung for
that reason, to scare away the coyotes. I'm searching for anything I
can do short of turning indoor/outdoor cats into strictly indoor cats.
It is a conundrum.

-Cindy

Rich wrote:
> You say "A1 Steak Sauce"? ...is that before they are killed or after?
>
> With all joking aside, where did you hear that A1 Steak Sauce would do the
> trick? I just hope Cindy will not believe that old wives tale. The 'steak
> sauce' thing is an urban legend that has been around for quite a while.
>

> "V.H. Frater B.T." > wrote in message
> t...
>
>>No it will not help. The best thing you can do is shampoo the cats with A1
>>steak sauce. That will take care of your problems.
>>

>>In article >, Cindy Compton
> wrote:
>>
>>>I lost 1 cat (9 year old feral orange tabby) to coyotes last week. I
>>>have 2 other cats. I always bring my cats into the house before
>>>nightfall. But that feral cat stayed out 1/2 hour longer, now she is
>>>gone. My neighbor saw 3 coyotes in his backyard right at that same time
>>>(7:15 pm).
>>>
>>>I have heard that Lion dung spread around the property will keep the
>>>coyotes away. (I still plan to bring them in at night.)
>>>
>>>I have 2 sources (breeding compound and lion reserve nearby) for the
>>>Lion dung, if that might truly help. Is there any truth to this
>>>concept?

Harris
November 23rd 03, 06:45 AM
http://predatorpee.com/

They carry various predators' urines for just that purpose