PDA

View Full Version : Best cat food.

Graham
November 21st 03, 12:51 PM
I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
at the moment.

Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?

I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
kittens wee quite smelly.

Graham.

kaeli
November 21st 03, 02:45 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
> suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
> at the moment.
>
> Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
> I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
> might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
> the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
> that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
> kittens wee quite smelly.

There's been a TON of discussion on this subject over at
rec.pets.cats.health+behav

You may want to peruse the archives at Google.

My cats hate SD, so I feed a mix of Nutro and ProPlan.

--
~kaeli~
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

kaeli
November 21st 03, 02:45 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
> suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
> at the moment.
>
> Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
> I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
> might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
> the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
> that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
> kittens wee quite smelly.

There's been a TON of discussion on this subject over at
rec.pets.cats.health+behav

You may want to peruse the archives at Google.

My cats hate SD, so I feed a mix of Nutro and ProPlan.

--
~kaeli~
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Bob Brenchley.
November 21st 03, 05:50 PM
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
>suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
>at the moment.
>
>Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
>I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
>might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
>the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
>that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
>kittens wee quite smelly.
>
>Graham.

The problem with Hills tinned kitten food is that there are only two
flavours. While it is not a bad food I do prefer cats to get a good
mix of flavours/brands to avoid them becoming fixed on one brand.

Given the wide range on the shelves these days I would certainly not
go for Hills.

As for their dry - cats do not do well on a dry food diet, especially
kittens. stick to tinned and you will have a healthy cat.

--
Bob.

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.

Bob Brenchley.
November 21st 03, 05:50 PM
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
>suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
>at the moment.
>
>Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
>I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
>might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
>the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
>that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
>kittens wee quite smelly.
>
>Graham.

The problem with Hills tinned kitten food is that there are only two
flavours. While it is not a bad food I do prefer cats to get a good
mix of flavours/brands to avoid them becoming fixed on one brand.

Given the wide range on the shelves these days I would certainly not
go for Hills.

As for their dry - cats do not do well on a dry food diet, especially
kittens. stick to tinned and you will have a healthy cat.

--
Bob.

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.

Linda Terrell
November 22nd 03, 05:42 PM
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 UTC, "Graham" >
wrote:

> I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
> suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
> at the moment.
>
> Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
> I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
> might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
> the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
> that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
> kittens wee quite smelly.
>
> Graham.

Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
in magnesium.

Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
it exclusively.

LT

wrote:

> I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
> suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
> at the moment.
>
> Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>
> I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
> might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
> the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
> that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
> kittens wee quite smelly.
>
> Graham.

Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
in magnesium.

Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
it exclusively.

LT

Bob Brenchley.
November 22nd 03, 11:38 PM
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:42:32 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 UTC, "Graham" >
>wrote:
>
>> I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
>> suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
>> at the moment.
>>
>> Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?
>>
>> I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
>> might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
>> the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
>> that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
>> kittens wee quite smelly.
>>
>> Graham.
>
>Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
>fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
>in magnesium.
>
>Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
>content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
>it exclusively.

What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
cat.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Linda Terrell
November 23rd 03, 09:41 AM
> >Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
> >fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
> >in magnesium.
> >
> >Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
> >content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
> >it exclusively.
>
> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
> cat.

Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
so kitten gets a mix.

And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.

And they are Indoor cats, all the time.

Jesus Loves You.

LT

Linda Terrell
November 23rd 03, 09:41 AM
> >Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
> >fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
> >in magnesium.
> >
> >Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
> >content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
> >it exclusively.
>
> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
> cat.

Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
so kitten gets a mix.

And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.

And they are Indoor cats, all the time.

Jesus Loves You.

LT

Ted Davis
November 23rd 03, 05:06 PM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:12 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>> >Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
>> >fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
>> >in magnesium.
>> >
>> >Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
>> >content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
>> >it exclusively.
>>
>> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
>> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
>> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
>> cat.
>

>Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
>so kitten gets a mix.
>
>And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
>
>And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
>
>Jesus Loves You.

I hope you are wearing asbestos underwear the next time you come here
- you made three mistakes in that message:

1) you posted a response to BB
2) you disagreed with him
3) that last line - aside from it being obviously untrue (*nobody*
loves him) - I just can't see it not *really* setting him off.

Too bad I won't see his response to this message, but my filters keep
out the worst of the riff-raff, except when somebody not being
filtered quotes him.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Ted Davis
November 23rd 03, 05:06 PM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:12 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>> >Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
>> >fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
>> >in magnesium.
>> >
>> >Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
>> >content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
>> >it exclusively.
>>
>> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
>> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
>> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
>> cat.
>

>Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
>so kitten gets a mix.
>
>And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
>
>And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
>
>Jesus Loves You.

I hope you are wearing asbestos underwear the next time you come here
- you made three mistakes in that message:

1) you posted a response to BB
2) you disagreed with him
3) that last line - aside from it being obviously untrue (*nobody*
loves him) - I just can't see it not *really* setting him off.

Too bad I won't see his response to this message, but my filters keep
out the worst of the riff-raff, except when somebody not being
filtered quotes him.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Linda Terrell
November 23rd 03, 07:57 PM
> >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> >so kitten gets a mix.
> >
> >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
> >
> >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
> >
> >Jesus Loves You.
>
> I hope you are wearing asbestos underwear the next time you come here
> - you made three mistakes in that message:
>
> 1) you posted a response to BB
> 2) you disagreed with him
> 3) that last line - aside from it being obviously untrue (*nobody*
> loves him) - I just can't see it not *really* setting him off.
>
> Too bad I won't see his response to this message, but my filters keep
> out the worst of the riff-raff, except when somebody not being
> filtered quotes him.
>

> T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Jesus loves Benchley

because He has to...

LT

Linda Terrell
November 23rd 03, 07:57 PM
> >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> >so kitten gets a mix.
> >
> >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
> >
> >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
> >
> >Jesus Loves You.
>
> I hope you are wearing asbestos underwear the next time you come here
> - you made three mistakes in that message:
>
> 1) you posted a response to BB
> 2) you disagreed with him
> 3) that last line - aside from it being obviously untrue (*nobody*
> loves him) - I just can't see it not *really* setting him off.
>
> Too bad I won't see his response to this message, but my filters keep
> out the worst of the riff-raff, except when somebody not being
> filtered quotes him.
>

> T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Jesus loves Benchley

because He has to...

LT

Bob Brenchley.
November 23rd 03, 09:51 PM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:12 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>> >Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
>> >fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
>> >in magnesium.
>> >
>> >Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
>> >content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
>> >it exclusively.
>>
>> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
>> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
>> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
>> cat.
>

>Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
>so kitten gets a mix.

Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
well as the most important ingredient of all - water.

>And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.

You are very lucky - many cats are not.

>And they are Indoor cats, all the time.

Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?

--
Bob.

I've found Jesus! He was behind the sofa the whole time.

Bob Brenchley.
November 23rd 03, 09:51 PM

--
Bob.

I've found Jesus! He was behind the sofa the whole time.

Linda Terrell
November 24th 03, 10:27 AM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> wrote:

> >> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
> >> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
> >> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
> >> cat.
> >

> >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> >so kitten gets a mix.
>
> Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
> well as the most important ingredient of all - water.
> >
> >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
>
> You are very lucky - many cats are not.
> >
> >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
>
> Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?

Jesus still loves you

Because He has to

I only abuse people like you.

LT

Linda Terrell
November 24th 03, 10:27 AM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> wrote:

> >> What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
> >> dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
> >> tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
> >> cat.
> >

> >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> >so kitten gets a mix.
>
> Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
> well as the most important ingredient of all - water.
> >
> >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
>
> You are very lucky - many cats are not.
> >
> >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
>
> Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?

Jesus still loves you

Because He has to

I only abuse people like you.

LT

Graham
November 25th 03, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> > wrote:

> > >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> > >so kitten gets a mix.
> >
> > Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
> > well as the most important ingredient of all - water.
> > >
> > >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
> >
> > You are very lucky - many cats are not.
> > >
> > >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
> >
> > Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?
>

> Jesus still loves you
>
> Because He has to
>
> I only abuse people like you.
>
> LT

Graham
November 25th 03, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> > wrote:

> > >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
> > >so kitten gets a mix.
> >
> > Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
> > well as the most important ingredient of all - water.
> > >
> > >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
> >
> > You are very lucky - many cats are not.
> > >
> > >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
> >
> > Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?
>

> Jesus still loves you
>
> Because He has to
>
> I only abuse people like you.
>
> LT

MaryL
November 25th 03, 03:05 PM
"Graham" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
> that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
> the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Does your vet sell Science plan? If so, could there be a conflict of
interest here?

MaryL

MaryL
November 25th 03, 03:05 PM
"Graham" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
> that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
> the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Does your vet sell Science plan? If so, could there be a conflict of
interest here?

MaryL

Graham
November 25th 03, 06:03 PM
yes they do and this is what was worrying me. Mainly I was looking at the
general opinion of what people thought about the food.

> "Graham" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> > plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten
being
> > that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan'
was
> > the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.
> >

> Does your vet sell Science plan? If so, could there be a conflict of
> interest here?
>
> MaryL

Graham
November 25th 03, 06:03 PM
yes they do and this is what was worrying me. Mainly I was looking at the
general opinion of what people thought about the food.

> "Graham" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> > plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten
being
> > that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan'
was
> > the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.
> >

> Does your vet sell Science plan? If so, could there be a conflict of
> interest here?
>
> MaryL

Linda Terrell
November 25th 03, 06:05 PM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 UTC, "Graham" >
wrote:

> Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
> that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
> the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Science Diet also has tinned food. So I used both

wrote:

> Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
> plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
> that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
> the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Science Diet also has tinned food. So I used both

LT

Luvskats00
November 25th 03, 10:53 PM
>my vet was the one who >recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the >dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still >insisted that the 'Science plan' >was
the best food for him.

Not to confuse things further, but does anyone have any information as to the
truth to this? Consider that the vet sells this and several other brands in the
office and makes a commission. That is incentive to push a certain product.
Medical doctors do it all the time (receiving gifts galore from pharmac.
companies to recommend/prescribe certain meds. Just a thought.

Luvskats00
November 25th 03, 10:53 PM
>my vet was the one who >recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the >dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still >insisted that the 'Science plan' >was
the best food for him.

Not to confuse things further, but does anyone have any information as to the
truth to this? Consider that the vet sells this and several other brands in the
office and makes a commission. That is incentive to push a certain product.
Medical doctors do it all the time (receiving gifts galore from pharmac.
companies to recommend/prescribe certain meds. Just a thought.

Ted Davis
November 26th 03, 12:34 AM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

You have to ignore anything Brenchley has to say - he's a notorious
net.kook/net.troll wannabe who is never wrong , not even when he
contradicts himself, and knows everything about everything - just ask
him.

Search groups.google.com and the web in general on his name - he even
has his own FAQ: <http://badtux.net/bob-faq.html>. The only place
he's popular is in killfiles - he's in an awful lot of those.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Ted Davis
November 26th 03, 12:34 AM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

You have to ignore anything Brenchley has to say - he's a notorious
net.kook/net.troll wannabe who is never wrong , not even when he
contradicts himself, and knows everything about everything - just ask
him.

Search groups.google.com and the web in general on his name - he even
has his own FAQ: <http://badtux.net/bob-faq.html>. The only place
he's popular is in killfiles - he's in an awful lot of those.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Bob Brenchley.
November 28th 03, 09:23 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:27:16 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> wrote:

>> >Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
>> >so kitten gets a mix.
>>
>> Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
>> well as the most important ingredient of all - water.
>> >
>> >And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.
>>
>> You are very lucky - many cats are not.
>> >
>> >And they are Indoor cats, all the time.
>>
>> Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?
>

>Jesus still loves you

how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
your head before posting such utter rubbish.

--
Bob.

Your IQ score is 2 (it takes 3 to grunt).

--
Bob.

Your IQ score is 2 (it takes 3 to grunt).

Bob Brenchley.
November 28th 03, 09:24 PM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:12 GMT, "Linda Terrell"

>> > Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
>> > well as the most important ingredient of all - water.

>> > You are very lucky - many cats are not.

>> > Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?

Moronic posting style corrected.

>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Your vet is 100% wrong.

A kitten cannot drink enough water to make up for the missing water
content of dry food. Your kitten could die if feed a dry food only
diet. Do not risk your kittens life - you vet is only recommending the
SD rubbish because s/he makes lots of money out of selling it.

Stick to a reasonable quality tinned cat food and your kitten will be
much better for it.

It is about time you learnt how to format a proper usenet post/reply.
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html will give you a good start.

Failure to learn will label you either a moron or a selfish,
inconsiderate, illiterate plonker - it is all down to you.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson - however, I reserve the
legal right to charge you for future lessons if you fail to take this
opportunity to correct your errant ways.

Bob Brenchley.
November 28th 03, 09:24 PM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:

>"Linda Terrell" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:51:07 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:12 GMT, "Linda Terrell"

>> > Canned food for kittens has all the fat they are gong to need - as
>> > well as the most important ingredient of all - water.

>> > You are very lucky - many cats are not.

>> > Why do you boast about being an animal abuser?

Moronic posting style corrected.

>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.

Your vet is 100% wrong.

A kitten cannot drink enough water to make up for the missing water
content of dry food. Your kitten could die if feed a dry food only
diet. Do not risk your kittens life - you vet is only recommending the
SD rubbish because s/he makes lots of money out of selling it.

Stick to a reasonable quality tinned cat food and your kitten will be
much better for it.

It is about time you learnt how to format a proper usenet post/reply.
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html will give you a good start.

Failure to learn will label you either a moron or a selfish,
inconsiderate, illiterate plonker - it is all down to you.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson - however, I reserve the
legal right to charge you for future lessons if you fail to take this
opportunity to correct your errant ways.

Paulette
November 29th 03, 02:41 AM
Probably no such thing as "best". And since manufacturers change
ingredients at times, better to feed a variety of brands, flavors, and
quality to keep kitty from becoming picky. After all, what about all the
changes and controversy about the human food groups pyramid? And do we
all eat only what's "good for us"? Here are 2 very good and recent
links.
www.avma.org/convention/recap/news/tuesday16.asp
www.csun.edu/~hbbio464/nutrition.html

Paulette
November 29th 03, 02:41 AM
Probably no such thing as "best". And since manufacturers change
ingredients at times, better to feed a variety of brands, flavors, and
quality to keep kitty from becoming picky. After all, what about all the
changes and controversy about the human food groups pyramid? And do we
all eat only what's "good for us"? Here are 2 very good and recent
links.
www.avma.org/convention/recap/news/tuesday16.asp
www.csun.edu/~hbbio464/nutrition.html

Linda Terrell
November 29th 03, 08:22 PM
> >Jesus still loves you
>
> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
> your head before posting such utter rubbish.

Still talking to your mirror, dear?

LT

Linda Terrell
November 29th 03, 08:22 PM
> >Jesus still loves you
>
> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
> your head before posting such utter rubbish.

Still talking to your mirror, dear?

LT

Bob Brenchley.
November 30th 03, 06:36 PM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:34:45 -0600, Ted Davis
> wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.
>
>You have to ignore anything Brenchley has to say - he's a notorious
>net.kook/net.troll wannabe who is never wrong , not even when he
>contradicts himself, and knows everything about everything - just ask
>him.

Abuse Report Filed.

--
Bob.

Your stupidity sets new standards - even for Usenet.

Bob Brenchley.
November 30th 03, 06:36 PM
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:34:45 -0600, Ted Davis
> wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:04:48 -0000, "Graham"
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for all your input, my vet was the one who recommend the 'Science
>>plan' (dry food), I did think that the dry food may hurt the kitten being
>>that he is teething but the vet still insisted that the 'Science plan' was
>>the best food for him. As you can imagine I am really confused now lol.
>
>You have to ignore anything Brenchley has to say - he's a notorious
>net.kook/net.troll wannabe who is never wrong , not even when he
>contradicts himself, and knows everything about everything - just ask
>him.

Abuse Report Filed.

--
Bob.

Your stupidity sets new standards - even for Usenet.

Bob Brenchley.
November 30th 03, 06:40 PM
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:32 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>> >Jesus still loves you
>>
>> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
>> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
>> your head before posting such utter rubbish.
>> >

>Still talking to your mirror, dear?
>
>LT

Unlike you, I live in the real world and grew out of fairy stories a
very long time ago.

--
Bob.

Your IQ score is 2 (it takes 3 to grunt).

Bob Brenchley.
November 30th 03, 06:40 PM
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:32 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
> wrote:

>> >Jesus still loves you
>>
>> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
>> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
>> your head before posting such utter rubbish.
>> >

>Still talking to your mirror, dear?
>
>LT

Unlike you, I live in the real world and grew out of fairy stories a
very long time ago.

--
Bob.

Your IQ score is 2 (it takes 3 to grunt).

Linda Terrell
December 1st 03, 02:46 AM
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:40:21 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> wrote:

> >> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
> >> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
> >> your head before posting such utter rubbish.
> >> >

> >Still talking to your mirror, dear?
> >
> >LT
> >

> Unlike you, I live in the real world and grew out of fairy stories a
> very long time ago.

Bob, you are boring your mirror.

LT

Linda Terrell
December 1st 03, 02:46 AM
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:40:21 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
> wrote:

> >> how can a half mythical man who has been dead for two thousand years
> >> love anything? Do please learn to engage what passes for a brain in
> >> your head before posting such utter rubbish.
> >> >

> >Still talking to your mirror, dear?
> >
> >LT
> >

> Unlike you, I live in the real world and grew out of fairy stories a
> very long time ago.

Bob, you are boring your mirror.

LT

Linda Terrell
December 2nd 03, 08:06 AM
> >You have to ignore anything Brenchley has to say - he's a notorious
> >net.kook/net.troll wannabe who is never wrong , not even when he
> >contradicts himself, and knows everything about everything - just ask
> >him.
>
> Abuse Report Filed.

Do you say that to all the girls?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

LT

Linda Terrell
December 2nd 03, 08:06 AM