PDA

View Full Version : Heated kitty bed?

Ablang
November 23rd 03, 02:49 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
else similar to the one below?

Two things I like about this product:
1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
2. Uses only 4W of power!

Bad? Shipping at this site is like $10. I'd like to buy it anywhere else.

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?section%5Fid=0&cur%5Findex=1&pcode=40
10&search%5Ftype=normal&search%5Fvalue=4388&imagesoff=1

Heated Kitty Bowl

Cats Love Curling Up In This Comfy Heated Bed
Your cat will purr with pleasure in our warm Kitty Bowl. A thermostat
activates the heated bed when the cat lies down, warming it to 102°. Its
orthopedic foam base and removable, washable faux lambskin cover add to
kitty’s comfort. Energy-efficient heater only uses 4W and is removable. UL
listed for indoor use. USA.

Size
18" Dia. x 7"H.

[Ed. I wonder if this thing is guaranteed not to be a fire hazard?]

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Dee
November 23rd 03, 11:59 PM
On 23 Nov 2003, Ablang wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
> else similar to the one below?
>
> Two things I like about this product:
> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
> 2. Uses only 4W of power!

Drs Foster/Smith have one the size of a small heating pad that pnly
activates when Ceili lays on it (novody else has the nerve!). She loves
it, it was only $20.00. Not sure about the wattage.

Dee

Dee
November 23rd 03, 11:59 PM
On 23 Nov 2003, Ablang wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
> else similar to the one below?
>
> Two things I like about this product:
> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
> 2. Uses only 4W of power!

Drs Foster/Smith have one the size of a small heating pad that pnly
activates when Ceili lays on it (novody else has the nerve!). She loves
it, it was only $20.00. Not sure about the wattage.

Dee

Ablang
November 24th 03, 03:12 AM
Are you sure that isn't one of those space-age bedding materials
that's supposed to reflect the cat's own body heat back to it (save on
electricity)?

Your thing sounds good. I just wish the site had cheaper or free
S&H, or was able to do online coupons often like Petco or PetsMart.com do.

[...]

November 24th 03, 03:45 AM
I tried looking for it on the site, but the closest I came to it was
this item, and it was a little bit more than what you paid for it:

9B-9604 Deluxe Heated Pet Bed (Small) $ 29.99

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3569&Ne=40000
&R=7791&Nao=27&N=2002+2008

"Warmth and comfort are just a few seconds away! Our UL-listed Deluxe Pet
Bed Heater is great for older, arthritic pets or pets intolerant to the
cold. You can slip heater into any bed with removable cover and inner
liner. Covered with soft foam and a faux lambswool removable sleeve, heater
warms to a natural 102° F when in use by pet, remains 10 degrees above room
temperature when not in use. Sleeve and foam are completely washable. 120v,
6 watt, dual thermostat heater uses a standard outlet. 5-foot cord. Indoor
use only."

[...]

philo
November 24th 03, 07:17 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
> else similar to the one below?
>
> Two things I like about this product:
> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
> 2. Uses only 4W of power!

*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
he is too spoiled already :)

philo
November 24th 03, 07:17 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
> else similar to the one below?
>
> Two things I like about this product:
> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
> 2. Uses only 4W of power!

*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
he is too spoiled already :)

m. L. Briggs
November 24th 03, 07:34 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:17:44 -0600, "philo"
<NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote:

>"Ablang" > wrote in message
>> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
>> else similar to the one below?
>>
>> Two things I like about this product:
>> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
>> 2. Uses only 4W of power!
>>

>*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
>he is too spoiled already :)

A long time ago I bought really nice heated cat pad from :"CatNap" in
Sausilito, CA.. You might check online and see if they are still
actively in business.

m. L. Briggs
November 24th 03, 07:34 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:17:44 -0600, "philo"
<NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote:

>"Ablang" > wrote in message
>> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
>> else similar to the one below?
>>
>> Two things I like about this product:
>> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
>> 2. Uses only 4W of power!
>>

>*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
>he is too spoiled already :)

A long time ago I bought really nice heated cat pad from :"CatNap" in
Sausilito, CA.. You might check online and see if they are still
actively in business.

m. L. Briggs
November 24th 03, 07:35 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:17:44 -0600, "philo"
<NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote:

>"Ablang" > wrote in message
>> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
>> else similar to the one below?
>>
>> Two things I like about this product:
>> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
>> 2. Uses only 4W of power!
>>

>*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
>he is too spoiled already :)

How is White Cat doing?

m. L. Briggs
November 24th 03, 07:35 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:17:44 -0600, "philo"
<NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote:

>"Ablang" > wrote in message
>> I was wondering if anyone here has seen any products available anywhere
>> else similar to the one below?
>>
>> Two things I like about this product:
>> 1. Activates only when kitty gets on it
>> 2. Uses only 4W of power!
>>

>*please* do not ever let my cat know about this product...
>he is too spoiled already :)

How is White Cat doing?

-L.
November 25th 03, 12:30 AM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> I tried looking for it on the site, but the closest I came to it was
> this item, and it was a little bit more than what you paid for it:
>
> 9B-9604 Deluxe Heated Pet Bed (Small) $ 29.99
>
> http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3569&Ne=40000
> &R=7791&Nao=27&N=2002+2008
>
> "Warmth and comfort are just a few seconds away! Our UL-listed Deluxe Pet
> Bed Heater is great for older, arthritic pets or pets intolerant to the
> cold. You can slip heater into any bed with removable cover and inner
> liner. Covered with soft foam and a faux lambswool removable sleeve, heater
> warms to a natural 102° F when in use by pet, remains 10 degrees above room
> temperature when not in use. Sleeve and foam are completely washable. 120v,
> 6 watt, dual thermostat heater uses a standard outlet. 5-foot cord. Indoor
> use only."
>

> Drs Foster/Smith have one the size of a small heating pad that pnly
> activates when Ceili lays on it (novody else has the nerve!). She loves
> it, it was only $20.00. Not sure about the wattage.

If you don''t need something that is warm all the time, buy one of
those microwavable heating bean bag things that are full of seeds,
nuke it and put it under a layer of towels. I do this for my Mimi
every night and she's thinks she's in heaven.

Otherwise, the one from Drs F&S is awesome - a friend of mine has one.

-L.

-L.
November 25th 03, 12:30 AM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> I tried looking for it on the site, but the closest I came to it was
> this item, and it was a little bit more than what you paid for it:
>
> 9B-9604 Deluxe Heated Pet Bed (Small) $ 29.99
>
> http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3569&Ne=40000
> &R=7791&Nao=27&N=2002+2008
>
> "Warmth and comfort are just a few seconds away! Our UL-listed Deluxe Pet
> Bed Heater is great for older, arthritic pets or pets intolerant to the
> cold. You can slip heater into any bed with removable cover and inner
> liner. Covered with soft foam and a faux lambswool removable sleeve, heater
> warms to a natural 102° F when in use by pet, remains 10 degrees above room
> temperature when not in use. Sleeve and foam are completely washable. 120v,
> 6 watt, dual thermostat heater uses a standard outlet. 5-foot cord. Indoor
> use only."
>

> Drs Foster/Smith have one the size of a small heating pad that pnly
> activates when Ceili lays on it (novody else has the nerve!). She loves
> it, it was only $20.00. Not sure about the wattage.

If you don''t need something that is warm all the time, buy one of
those microwavable heating bean bag things that are full of seeds,
nuke it and put it under a layer of towels. I do this for my Mimi
every night and she's thinks she's in heaven.

Otherwise, the one from Drs F&S is awesome - a friend of mine has one.

-L.

confidential
January 13th 04, 06:33 AM
The best heated kitty bed is the human's--especially when the human is in
it! :)