PDA

View Full Version : Door Bungee

Ruby Tuesday
December 11th 03, 07:40 PM
Hi folks,

I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that I've
had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
around the plastic door holder part again.

Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic part
behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off almost
immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.

I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find the
string around *his* cat's neck!

And thanks in advance.

Ruby Tuesday
December 12th 03, 02:07 AM
Ok, ok. Reading this again, it looks kinda dumb. The Door Bungees just
aren't safe. I'm not going to buy another one. For the heck of it, has
anyone else here had the same problem? And can anyone suggest a real good,
*safe* toy for my Siamese?

"Ruby Tuesday" > wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that
I've
> had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> around the plastic door holder part again.
>
> Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic
part
> behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off almost
> immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
>
> I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find the
> string around *his* cat's neck!

> And thanks in advance.

Ruby Tuesday
December 12th 03, 02:07 AM
Ok, ok. Reading this again, it looks kinda dumb. The Door Bungees just
aren't safe. I'm not going to buy another one. For the heck of it, has
anyone else here had the same problem? And can anyone suggest a real good,
*safe* toy for my Siamese?

"Ruby Tuesday" > wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that
I've
> had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> around the plastic door holder part again.
>
> Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic
part
> behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off almost
> immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
>
> I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find the
> string around *his* cat's neck!

> And thanks in advance.

Suzie-Q
December 12th 03, 04:21 AM
Ruby Tuesday wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that I've
> had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> around the plastic door holder part again.
>
> Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic part
> behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off almost
> immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
>
> I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find the
> string around *his* cat's neck!

> And thanks in advance.

Anything with a string is bad for a cat. It can be swallowed
and cause serious medical problems, if not death.

I had an eye-opening experience with one of my cats, once. I
used to drink soft drinks from glass bottles with those real
thin, styrofoam labels. I'd peel about a 1/4 inch strip of
the label off of the bottle and let my cats play with it. One
day one of my cats was acting extremely odd and I noticed
something sticking out of his rear. I got a tissue and slowly
pulled the thing out. It was one of those strips of label,
completely intact. I consider it a blessing that it went
completely through his system without killing him. (He went on
to live another 10 years to the ripe old age of 19!)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
December 12th 03, 04:21 AM
Ruby Tuesday wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that I've
> had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> around the plastic door holder part again.
>
> Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic part
> behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off almost
> immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
>
> I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find the
> string around *his* cat's neck!

> And thanks in advance.

Anything with a string is bad for a cat. It can be swallowed
and cause serious medical problems, if not death.

I had an eye-opening experience with one of my cats, once. I
used to drink soft drinks from glass bottles with those real
thin, styrofoam labels. I'd peel about a 1/4 inch strip of
the label off of the bottle and let my cats play with it. One
day one of my cats was acting extremely odd and I noticed
something sticking out of his rear. I got a tissue and slowly
pulled the thing out. It was one of those strips of label,
completely intact. I consider it a blessing that it went
completely through his system without killing him. (He went on
to live another 10 years to the ripe old age of 19!)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

William Berry
December 12th 03, 04:30 AM
Hey Ruby,
Siamese are such intelligent creatures. I had my "Bear" for almost two
decades and he loved to play with almost anything. But he especially loved
balls to chase around. Just don't get the plastic ones with the little
bells in them. Because when he's smacking them off the walls in the middle
of the night, they make quite a racket. But I'll tell you, the most fun he
had was when I got him another cat. I hear from other people that this
doesn't work out sometimes. But when I brought home "Little Momma" who was
a reformed stray, he knew she was pregnant before I did. And "Bear" became
her protector and confidant. And when the kittens came he did everything
but pass out cigars. Cats are so full of love!
--
William Berry - Author of:
"Do You Hear The Cat Voices Singing?"

> [...]

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> > Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that
> I've
> > had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> > around the plastic door holder part again.
> >
> > Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> > bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic
> part
> > behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off
almost
> > immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> > because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
> >
> > I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> > Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find

Ruby Tuesday
December 12th 03, 08:26 AM
I can't get another cat - my place isn't big enough for one thing. For
another, I find one enough of a handful.

My cat loves balls too, especially the aluminum ones I make for him. But
next time I'm in the store, I'll give a look-see at what other balls are
available.

That's amazing that "Bear" knew "Little Momma" was pregnant. How did you
know that he knew before you?

Thanks for your answer,

Ruby

"William Berry" > wrote in message
link.net...
> [...]

> > > Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that
> > I've
> > > had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the
string
> > > around the plastic door holder part again.
> > >
> > > Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> > > bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee
plastic
> > part
> > > behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off
> almost
> > > immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door
bungee,
> > > because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
> > >
> > > I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> > > Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find

Ruby Tuesday
December 12th 03, 08:29 AM
"Suzie-Q" > wrote in message
> Ruby Tuesday wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
> > Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that
I've
> > had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
> > around the plastic door holder part again.
> >
> > Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
> > bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic
part
> > behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off
almost
> > immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
> > because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.
> >
> > I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
> > Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find
the
> > string around *his* cat's neck!

> > And thanks in advance.
>
> Anything with a string is bad for a cat. It can be swallowed
> and cause serious medical problems, if not death.

Guess I learned the hard way today. I think I was still in shock when I
wrote my first message. That's why it sounded so 'off'.

> I had an eye-opening experience with one of my cats, once. I
> used to drink soft drinks from glass bottles with those real
> thin, styrofoam labels. I'd peel about a 1/4 inch strip of
> the label off of the bottle and let my cats play with it. One
> day one of my cats was acting extremely odd and I noticed
> something sticking out of his rear. I got a tissue and slowly
> pulled the thing out. It was one of those strips of label,
> completely intact. I consider it a blessing that it went
> completely through his system without killing him. (He went on
> to live another 10 years to the ripe old age of 19!)

Glad to hear the happy ending to your story!

Thanks for your reply,

Ruby