PDA

View Full Version : The myth of the Siamese cat?

Ablang
December 15th 03, 02:39 AM
So then what breed is the cat, Bucky Katt, featured in the comic
strip "Get Fuzzy"? I just assumed he was Siamese because of their
reputation for trouble, and apparently wild ideas.

<<
A lot of people mistakenly consider any cat with points (darker feet, tail,
ears, and face) to be Siamese, but Siamese is a distinct breed from other
pointed varieties, such as Balinese, Birman, Burmese, Colorpoint Shorthair,
and Himilayan. A lot of people just call any pointed long-haired cat a
Himalayan and any pointed shorthair a Siamese.
<<

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Lee Waun
December 15th 03, 02:47 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> So then what breed is the cat, Bucky Katt, featured in the comic
> strip "Get Fuzzy"? I just assumed he was Siamese because of their
> reputation for trouble, and apparently wild ideas.

Bucky Katt is a siamese. It has been mentioned in the strip on more than one
occasion.

Lee Waun
December 15th 03, 02:47 AM