PDA

View Full Version : Electric mouse

Douglas Clark
February 5th 04, 08:25 AM
Two nights ago the cat brought in this mouse. How he caught it I have no
idea. A pure fluke I suppose. But he cant catch it and I cant catch it cos
it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried about it
starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says the
only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather do what
I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them out the
front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like greased
lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.

--
Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com

Douglas Clark
February 5th 04, 08:28 AM
I should also say that I am worried about the cat sticking its nose into the
mousetrap, he not having seen one before.

--
"Douglas Clark" > wrote in message
> Two nights ago the cat brought in this mouse. How he caught it I have no
> idea. A pure fluke I suppose. But he cant catch it and I cant catch it cos
> it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried about it
> starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says the
> only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather do
what
> I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them out
the
> front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
> continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like
greased
> lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.
>

> --
> Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
> http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com

Douglas Clark
February 5th 04, 08:28 AM
I should also say that I am worried about the cat sticking its nose into the
mousetrap, he not having seen one before.

--
Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com
"Douglas Clark" > wrote in message
> Two nights ago the cat brought in this mouse. How he caught it I have no
> idea. A pure fluke I suppose. But he cant catch it and I cant catch it cos
> it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried about it
> starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says the
> only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather do
what
> I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them out
the
> front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
> continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like
greased
> lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.
>

> --
> Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
> http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com

Douglas Clark
February 5th 04, 10:35 AM
I am advised to get a box moustrap, not the oldfashioned type which could
damage the cat. The alternative is to lock the cat out of the house while
the oldfashioned trap does its job, but that cant really be done as it might
take a day or two. So I will give the cat the weekend to earn its keep then
see about getting a boxtrap next week.

--
> [...]

> > idea. A pure fluke I suppose. But he cant catch it and I cant catch it
cos
> > it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried about
it
> > starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says the
> > only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather do
> what
> > I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them out
> the
> > front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
> > continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like
> greased
> > lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.
> >

> > --
> > Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....

Douglas Clark
February 10th 04, 06:44 PM
I have bought a box mousetrap to try and catch the mouse alive so I can
release it into greenery as I normally do. I bought some ripe cheddar cheese
this morning which I am using as bait. Now we will have to see if this
newfangled technology works. Yesterday morning the cat actually caught the
mouse and spent an hour playing with it before it escaped. The reason for
not buying a traditional mousetrap is that I wouldnt be able to afford the
bills for plastic surgery to repair the cat's nose, cats being cats.

--
> [...]

> > > it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried
about
> it
> > > starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says
the
> > > only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather
do
> > what
> > > I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them
out
> > the
> > > front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
> > > continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like
> > greased
> > > lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....

---MIKE---
February 11th 04, 01:00 AM
First of all, peanut butter usually works better than cheese for bait.
If you use a traditional trap, you could place it in a closet, cupboard
or even a box where that cat can't get to it. I would place 5 or 6
traditional traps in "safe" places.

-MIKE

---MIKE---
February 11th 04, 01:00 AM
First of all, peanut butter usually works better than cheese for bait.
If you use a traditional trap, you could place it in a closet, cupboard
or even a box where that cat can't get to it. I would place 5 or 6
traditional traps in "safe" places.

-MIKE

kaeli
February 16th 04, 07:27 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> Just to say that after a week the boxtrap worked and the mouse is now free
> in the front garden. My useless cat never got near the mouse.

Don't feel bad. Mine play with mice, being careful not to hurt them.
Once, the cat batted my pet rat too hard and he squeaked. The cat was
very careful not to do that again. *LOL*

~kaeli~
I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace