PDA

View Full Version : Re: Need help with a nutcase!!!!

Bob
September 6th 03, 05:39 PM
(fletch) wrote in
> [...]

>to move the cats out of the area so I started leaving the food further
>inside the park and sure enough, they moved inside the park and it
>appeared the problem was solved. Then last night right after I have
>finished feeding the animals I am standing near my truck pulling my
>airplane out of the back (I fly electric Radio controlled airplanes
>and helicopters) a mini van comes speeding up. It slams on the brakes
>and almost hits the front of my truck trying to stop. An irate perhaps
>drugged middle age man starts demanding to know if I was the one
>feeding the cats. I replied "yea what about it." He then starts
>telling me that it's illegal to feed ferals and I replied "well are
>you going to feed them then? "no- I am going to round up all the
>animals and make them disappear" (might not be the exact words as I
>was getting angry at that point). "and If i catch you don't here again
>I will call the cops". He then speeds off so fast I can't get his tag
>number although I see the plate on the back that says Previa-a toyota
>mini van.
>I was going to call the police on this guy and let them know what
>happened but my family thought it was best to let it drop. Later I
>went to a coffee hangout to talk to some of the police I sometimes
>talk with at night . But they were all out patrolling as it's labor
>day weekend but I left a message with someone asking them if there is
>anything I should do.
>
>Is is illegal to feed ferals? The park police have known for several
>years that I feed those cats and the only thing they have ever said
>in 3.5 years is to make sure I get out before dark, which is because
>the park is built in the woods and is an automatic magnet for nuts
>(drug dealers and perverts mostly). It's been on the news several
>times for the raids they have done to try and clean up the place.
>
>I am worried that this nutcase is going to try to kill the animals-he
>didn't say those exact words but that was implied. I dought he will
>catch my cat as she trusts noone and wouldn't come out for him---in
>3.5 years she only trusts me so much..I can just barely touch
>her..still I want to get her out of there. The other cats are not
>really feral and I am sure he could catch/kill them very easily. For
>the past few months a bunch of raccoons have appeared..they steal some
>of food and some are not scared of humans and I am sure he could
>catch/kill them as well. The fox and his "family" would be difficult
>to catch. I rarely see the mother or "child" and the father is very
>timid and fast. I have seen him run across the baseball field at
>probably close to 45 mph. The nutcase would have to put poison in some
>food to catch him. Anyway I am not sure what to do? I am going down
>there tonight with a crowbar in the back of my truck just in case this
>guy shows up again as he was very irate and possibly on something last

1. Start carrying a pocket-sized tape recorder
2. Turn it on the next time that you see him (and, hopefully, are accosted
by him).
3. Get any threats on tape.
4. Take the tape to the police.

I've had neighbors like that.

Daedalus
September 10th 03, 07:53 PM
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:04:21 -0700, "Cat Protector"
>, wrote:

>I think the problem here is that you keep stopping yourself from doing
>something in a way. I would have had one of those fish heads tested for
>poison. Then brought the evidence to the police so they are aware someone is
>poisoning the animals. I also would bring the evidence to the news media. If
>you truly care for these cats then you will do everything you can to protect
>them.

I agree. I'm sick of poser wannabe cat lovers who never want to do
enough. No sacrifice is too great to protect these kitties.

Jade