PDA

View Full Version : missing cat

Don
September 30th 03, 01:00 AM
Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her way
home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are feeling
sick.

LauraK
September 30th 03, 01:37 AM
>Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
>neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
>night.

Are you sure she got out or can you just not find her in the house?
I panicked once after moving into a new house. I'd been in the yard and came
back and the screen door had blown open. My indoor-only cats, who had been
sitting by it, were no where to be seen. I called and searched and asked and
finally went home after a couple of hours. Went in and searched the house,
finally looking under the bed. There they were, huddled together in the middle,
apparently terrified that something would come in and get them.
Look again and look around the edges of the house, in shrubs, under things,
etc. Don't expect her to come to you if she's outside for the first time and
scared.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Don
September 30th 03, 01:50 AM
All is well, she has returned. She was gone for about 5 hours. Came to
back door and started screaming.....We are so happy...........

LauraK
September 30th 03, 07:08 AM
>All is well, she has returned. She was gone for about 5 hours. Came to
>back door and started screaming.....We are so happy...........

So glad you found her! I love happy endings.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 05:47 PM
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:00:32 -0400 (EDT), (Don) wrote:

>Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
>neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
>night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her way
>home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are feeling
>sick.

Sometime ago a man whose cat had disappeared decided to leave a "scent
trail" around his area. He hung his dirty sox on his fence and left
some used clothing in his yard. Then he walked barefooted in a star
pattern for several miles around his house. He hoped the cat would
find the scent and it would lead him home. He said it worked. I had
bookmarked this story, but a computer problem resulted in all my
bookmarks being deleted.

I wish he would write in and give the story again.

Good luck. MLB

Cheryl
September 30th 03, 08:27 PM
"m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:00:32 -0400 (EDT), (Don) wrote:
>
> >Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
> >neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
> >night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her way
> >home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are feeling
> >sick.
>
> Sometime ago a man whose cat had disappeared decided to leave a "scent
> trail" around his area. He hung his dirty sox on his fence and left
> some used clothing in his yard. Then he walked barefooted in a star
> pattern for several miles around his house. He hoped the cat would
> find the scent and it would lead him home. He said it worked. I had
> bookmarked this story, but a computer problem resulted in all my
> bookmarks being deleted.
>
> I wish he would write in and give the story again.

It was in Google. :)
<http://www.google.com/groups?selm=veuccnamasqff5%40corp.supernews.com&oe=UT
F-8&output=gplain>

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 10:28 PM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:27:51 GMT, "Cheryl" > wrote:

>"m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:00:32 -0400 (EDT), (Don) wrote:
>>
>> >Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
>> >neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
>> >night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her way
>> >home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are feeling
>> >sick.
>>
>> Sometime ago a man whose cat had disappeared decided to leave a "scent
>> trail" around his area. He hung his dirty sox on his fence and left
>> some used clothing in his yard. Then he walked barefooted in a star
>> pattern for several miles around his house. He hoped the cat would
>> find the scent and it would lead him home. He said it worked. I had
>> bookmarked this story, but a computer problem resulted in all my
>> bookmarks being deleted.
>>
>> I wish he would write in and give the story again.
>>
>It was in Google. :)
><http://www.google.com/groups?selm=veuccnamasqff5%40corp.supernews.com&oe=UT
>F-8&output=gplain>

Thank you so much! I think every cat owner would do well to read this
story . It is heartbreaking when a pet gets lost.

I wish I knew more about computers to find a story I would like to
re-read. Again, thank you. MLB

Mary
October 1st 03, 12:13 PM
The last time I did that my cat was hiding in my linen closet and
someone had shut her in. I hope you have just such a happy ending.
"Don" > wrote in message
> Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
> neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially
over
> night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her
way
> home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are
feeling
> sick.

Cheryl
October 1st 03, 11:18 PM
In ,
m. L. Briggs > composed with style:

> Thank you so much! I think every cat owner would do well to read
> this
> story . It is heartbreaking when a pet gets lost.

I know! :) I was amazed by the story when it was first posted, too.
So many good suggestions were given, but the OPs trick was so original
and worked, to boot. lol :)

> I wish I knew more about computers to find a story I would like to
> re-read. Again, thank you. MLB

Google groups is pretty easy to use. http://groups.google.com and go
to "advanced search", put in the criteria the best you remember it and
if you remember the group it was originally posted in it helps narrow
down the results.

m. L. Briggs
October 2nd 03, 05:40 PM
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:18:17 -0400, "Cheryl" >
wrote:

>In ,
>m. L. Briggs > composed with style:
>>>
>> Thank you so much! I think every cat owner would do well to read
>> this
>> story . It is heartbreaking when a pet gets lost.
>>
>I know! :) I was amazed by the story when it was first posted, too.
>So many good suggestions were given, but the OPs trick was so original
>and worked, to boot. lol :)
>
>> I wish I knew more about computers to find a story I would like to
>> re-read. Again, thank you. MLB
>
>Google groups is pretty easy to use. http://groups.google.com and go
>to "advanced search", put in the criteria the best you remember it and
>if you remember the group it was originally posted in it helps narrow
>down the results.

Thanks again, I'll give it a try. MLB