PDA

View Full Version : Abducted strays?

October 11th 03, 01:03 PM
Hi. I sometimes lurk here - but now I need to know what other think of this:

I use/watch over an old auto shop of friend who moved away. Its often been a
temporary home of stray cats who come and move on (the location is in-town).
About 6 weeks ago I was there and saw an orange tabby who hissed at me -- and
then fell down. I knew she was weak and hungry. Fed her and discovered a
kitten with her later that day. I've been feeding and socializing them for
weeks. (And it was working too. They were both following me around).

That is in the past tense, because last Tuesday I showed up to feed them and
the woman next door said her sister took them home. -- Now, I was looking for
a home or foster home for them, especially with winter coming in New England
--
but I'm ****ed that someone just decided they were there for the taking --
even if the intentions were good.

But I'm also bothered by the thought that this mother was not a stray. She
socialize with me in a matter of days. She went from shy to running to me when
I showed up -- which I thought was unusual and makes me think she was owned
and loved by someone before. And there is more; for most of the first few
weeks I was feeding them, the mother stayed there near her kitten. Then
starting a couple of weeks ago, I would show up and the mother would not be
around. At first I thought she was just stronger and wondering some -- but on
one of these days, I went looking for her mostly through back yards in the
area. A couple of blocks away a woman to told me she had seen 'that cat,'
wondering through her yard a few times, and it ran when she tried to get close
to it. -- But she didn't run towards the shop -- but in the opposite
direction. At the time I thought that was odd, and wondered if it had a home
in that direction and that is why she was there in the first place.

So I guess I asking about cat behavior here; is it possible that this cat was
pregnant and maybe the owners were off on vacation or something and she
became lost and she had her kitten in an old car, and stayed for a few weeks
knowing she didn't know the way home or couldn't travel with a kitten, etc.

Should I just forget about this whole thing, or make an issue about it? I
know they might be better off with this woman, but they might not be either. A
admittedly I'm guessing at that simply because I know there are two other cats
and two people in a small trailer. But at the same time, I keep having this
thought some little kid is still missing his orange cat.

I also had made arrangements with the local humane society to get help with a
vet -- and picked one that would be the most likely to know if someone as
looking for an orange tabby. I have wondered over the past few days 9since the
abduction) if I was just attached and missing them, but the fact is I also
keep an eye out for someone missing a really pretty, friendly cat.

October 11th 03, 10:48 PM
Most strays that hang around for awhile have been abandoned or are not
taken care of properly. My rule is that if the cat is not neutered then
all bets are off as to prior owners and the cat becomes mine. Be happy
that the cat and the kitten were adopted together, and work on finding
other strays homes.

One thing I would recommend is if you have a stray that is socialized
and will let you near them, don't leave them outside until you decide
what to do. Take them to a vet for FIV/Felv testing, neutering and
vaccinations then keep them safe indoors.This way they will be out of
harm's way and you will know exactly where they are while you decide
whether to keep them or rehome them.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

m. L. Briggs
October 12th 03, 12:26 AM
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:03:15 GMT, wrote:

>Hi. I sometimes lurk here - but now I need to know what other think of this:
>
>I use/watch over an old auto shop of friend who moved away. Its often been a
>temporary home of stray cats who come and move on (the location is in-town).
>About 6 weeks ago I was there and saw an orange tabby who hissed at me -- and
>then fell down. I knew she was weak and hungry. Fed her and discovered a
>kitten with her later that day. I've been feeding and socializing them for
>weeks. (And it was working too. They were both following me around).
>
>That is in the past tense, because last Tuesday I showed up to feed them and
>the woman next door said her sister took them home. -- Now, I was looking for
>a home or foster home for them, especially with winter coming in New England
Why don't you ask your neighbor for her sister's address then go visit
her and the kitties. You may find peace of mind about the new home.
If you had intended to take them home for yourself, you should have
done it sooner. The important thing is they have a home with
someone who apparently wanted them. MLB

October 12th 03, 12:54 AM
In >, on 10/11/03
at 05:26 PM, m. L. Briggs > said:

>On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:03:15 GMT, wrote:

>>Hi. I sometimes lurk here - but now I need to know what other think of this:
>>
>>I use/watch over an old auto shop of friend who moved away. Its often been a
>>temporary home of stray cats who come and move on (the location is in-town).
>>About 6 weeks ago I was there and saw an orange tabby who hissed at me -- and
>>then fell down. I knew she was weak and hungry. Fed her and discovered a
>>kitten with her later that day. I've been feeding and socializing them for
>>weeks. (And it was working too. They were both following me around).
>>
>>That is in the past tense, because last Tuesday I showed up to feed them and
>>the woman next door said her sister took them home. -- Now, I was looking for
>>a home or foster home for them, especially with winter coming in New England
>Why don't you ask your neighbor for her sister's address then go visit her
>and the kitties. You may find peace of mind about the new home. If you had
>intended to take them home for yourself, you should have done it sooner.
>The important thing is they have a home with someone who apparently wanted
>them. MLB

Your tone borders on the obnoxious. You obviously do not have a full handle
on the entire situation. I had everything thing under planned -- this taking
was planned by someone else, who knew better then to ask -- and who refuses to
give me the address or name of the supposed sister. -- Thanks for non-advice.
I'll know where not to go in the future.

October 12th 03, 01:03 AM
In >, on 10/11/03
at 04:48 PM, said:

>Most strays that hang around for awhile have been abandoned or are not taken
>care of properly. My rule is that if the cat is not neutered then all bets
>are off as to prior owners and the cat becomes mine. Be happy that the cat
>and the kitten were adopted together, and work on finding other strays homes.

>One thing I would recommend is if you have a stray that is socialized and
>will let you near them, don't leave them outside until you decide what to do.
>Take them to a vet for FIV/Felv testing, neutering and vaccinations then keep
>them safe indoors.This way they will be out of harm's way and you will know
>exactly where they are while you decide whether to keep them or rehome them.

I didn't just leave them outside. I wasn't waiting to decide -- the kitten was
not completely socialized. Furthermore, the people who took them don't as far
as anyone knows have a good home, nor the means to take the cats to a vet. --
So don't jump to conclusions. And there is still the issue of someone missing
a mother cat who came around quite quickly to have been alone for long --
which is point.

When trying to "help" someone who comes here -- don't make assumptions!

>Megan

>"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
>nothing."

>-Edmund Burke

>Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
>http://www.stopdeclaw.com

>Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
>http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

>"Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
>elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid
>plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves
>too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's
>favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance,
>which no man could have dreamt would have come his way."

>- W.H. Murray

Ted Davis
October 12th 03, 01:18 AM
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:54:02 GMT, wrote:

>In >, on 10/11/03
> at 05:26 PM, m. L. Briggs > said:
>
>>On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:03:15 GMT, wrote:
>
>>>Hi. I sometimes lurk here - but now I need to know what other think of this:
>>>
>>>I use/watch over an old auto shop of friend who moved away. Its often been a
>>>temporary home of stray cats who come and move on (the location is in-town).
>>>About 6 weeks ago I was there and saw an orange tabby who hissed at me -- and
>>>then fell down. I knew she was weak and hungry. Fed her and discovered a
>>>kitten with her later that day. I've been feeding and socializing them for
>>>weeks. (And it was working too. They were both following me around).
>>>
>>>That is in the past tense, because last Tuesday I showed up to feed them and
>>>the woman next door said her sister took them home. -- Now, I was looking for
>>>a home or foster home for them, especially with winter coming in New England
>>Why don't you ask your neighbor for her sister's address then go visit her
>>and the kitties. You may find peace of mind about the new home. If you had
>>intended to take them home for yourself, you should have done it sooner.
>>The important thing is they have a home with someone who apparently wanted
>>them. MLB
>
>Your tone borders on the obnoxious. You obviously do not have a full handle
>on the entire situation. I had everything thing under planned -- this taking
>was planned by someone else, who knew better then to ask -- and who refuses to
>give me the address or name of the supposed sister. -- Thanks for non-advice.
>I'll know where not to go in the future.

It seems to me that you are more concerned with loss of control of the
situation than with the welfare of the cats. Since cats don't react
well to attempts at control - one of the reasons why power seeking
people such as politicians, and especially dictators, generally don't
have much use for cats, but prefer dogs - dogs do respond well to
control. If you are going to be involved in animal rescues, I suggest
you forget about cats and concentrate on dogs - there are plenty of
those that need rescue just as much as do stray cats, and they would
be more in tune with your attitude. And since dog rescue almost
always involves taking control of the dog immediately, there is little
chance of someone else intervening.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

October 12th 03, 01:38 AM
In >, on 10/11/03
at 07:18 PM, Ted Davis > said:

>On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:54:02 GMT, wrote:

>>In >, on 10/11/03
>> at 05:26 PM, m. L. Briggs > said:

>>>Why don't you ask your neighbor for her sister's address then go visit her
>>>and the kitties. You may find peace of mind about the new home. If you had
>>>intended to take them home for yourself, you should have done it sooner.
>>>The important thing is they have a home with someone who apparently wanted
>>>them. MLB
>>
>>Your tone borders on the obnoxious. You obviously do not have a full handle
>>on the entire situation. I had everything thing under planned -- this taking
>>was planned by someone else, who knew better then to ask -- and who refuses to
>>give me the address or name of the supposed sister. -- Thanks for non-advice.
>>I'll know where not to go in the future.

>It seems to me that you are more concerned with loss of control of the
>situation than with the welfare of the cats.

And you know what that situation is from your end of this computer? Amazing.

Since cats don't react well to
>attempts at control - one of the reasons why power seeking people such as
>politicians, and especially dictators, generally don't have much use for
>cats, but prefer dogs - dogs do respond well to control. If you are going to
>be involved in animal rescues, I suggest you forget about cats and
>concentrate on dogs - there are plenty of those that need rescue just as much
>as do stray cats,

What if the momcat wasn't a stray? -- Did you miss and friends here miss that
part here?

and they would be more in tune with your attitude. And
>since dog rescue almost always involves taking control of the dog
>immediately, there is little chance of someone else intervening.

Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't know
how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part in
the initial post).

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 02:03 AM
wrote:

(snip)

> Should I just forget about this whole thing, or make an issue about it? I
> know they might be better off with this woman, but they might not be either. A
> admittedly I'm guessing at that simply because I know there are two other cats
> and two people in a small trailer. But at the same time, I keep having this
> thought some little kid is still missing his orange cat.

If there is a residential area nearby, post signs asking if anyone is
missing an orange tabby female w/kitten. If there is an original owner,
(doubtful, imo), (s)he can probably make a strident enough demand on the
sister of the woman who allegedly has the cats to get the information
needed and secure their return.

I would be more concerned about the relocation of an outdoor adult.
Unless the person now in possession of the cats keeps the female
confined, there is a good chance she will try to go back to her
territory, probably with kitten in tow. This usually means traveling
some distance across inhospitable and dangerous terrain. Cats become
disoriented and reckless; most don't survive the trip.

If I were you, I would revisit the woman whose sister supposedly took
the cats. Tell her whatever you need to in order to see the cats. Tell
her you want to get the female spayed (This needs to be done before she
becomes pregnant again.), that you want to treat the cats for fleas,
contribute food, you're despondent over the loss of the cats, whatever.
It is very odd that the woman doesn't want you to speak with the new
"owner". It's cause to be nervous.

October 12th 03, 02:31 AM
> I didn't just leave them outside. I
> wasn't waiting to decide -- the kitten
> was not completely socialized.

It was socialized enough that somebody else was able to get the kitten,
so it is clear you could have brought both cats inside.

> Furthermore, the people who took them
> don't as far as anyone knows have a good
> home, nor the means to take the cats to
> a vet. -- So don't jump to conclusions.

Then don't expect us to be mindreaders. You didn't say that in your
original post and I don't think you really know anything about who took
them or you would have put it in your original post. This sounds more to
me like you are angry because you were slow to act and now have no
control over the situation.

> And there is still the issue of someone
> missing a mother cat who came around
> quite quickly to have been alone for
> long -- which is point.

Anyone that would allow a cat to remain unspayed, roam and get pregnant
in this day and age does not deserve to have the cat.

> When trying to "help" someone who comes
> here -- don't make assumptions!

When asking for help don't be so rude.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 02:52 AM
I think you are just ****ed because someone came in and decided the cats
needed and deserved a good and loving home. It seems you have a problem with
control and doing what is in the best interest of the cats. Why not just be
happy and hope the person who took the cats has given them a better life.
You also might want to consider the fact the person who took them is
involved with animal rescue and discovered the cats when you weren't around
or they also were picked up by someone who though they were strays (which
they were by your description of the situation) and brought them to a
shelter. Get over your control issue and let it go.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Your tone borders on the obnoxious. You obviously do not have a full
handle
> on the entire situation. I had everything thing under planned -- this
taking
> was planned by someone else, who knew better then to ask -- and who
refuses to
> give me the address or name of the supposed sister. -- Thanks for
non-advice.
> I'll know where not to go in the future.

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 02:54 AM
By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
> socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't
know
> how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in
the
> neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on
here
> then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might
not
> be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part
in
> the initial post).

October 12th 03, 01:32 PM
In >, on 10/11/03
at 08:31 PM, said:

>> I didn't just leave them outside. I
>> wasn't waiting to decide -- the kitten
>> was not completely socialized.

>It was socialized enough that somebody else was able to get the kitten, so it
>is clear you could have brought both cats inside.

They were in inside when *they* wanted to be. They were free to come in and
go out as needed if it was cold. They also had an dry place out side that they
wanted to be in, most of the time.

It also is not a big deal to wait until a cat is hungry and trick they out
with a can of food -- as these people did. So don't try to tell me they were
socialized for adoption. They weren't.

>> Furthermore, the people who took them
>> don't as far as anyone knows have a good
>> home, nor the means to take the cats to
>> a vet. -- So don't jump to conclusions.

>Then don't expect us to be mindreaders. You didn't say that in your original
>post and I don't think you really know anything about who took them or you
>would have put it in your original post. This sounds more to me like you are
>angry because you were slow to act and now have no control over the
>situation.

I don't expect you to be mind readers. I do expect you not to be the pompous
jackasses that some of you people are. -- One point of anger is that someone
stole cats that I was caring for. They waited until they knew I would not be
there instead of asking what the plan was.

>> And there is still the issue of someone
>> missing a mother cat who came around
>> quite quickly to have been alone for
>> long -- which is point.

>Anyone that would allow a cat to remain unspayed, roam and get pregnant in
>this day and age does not deserve to have the cat.

Here you go again being a pompous jackass. -- The first time I saw the momcat
she was so weak she fell down trying to hiss at me.

>> When trying to "help" someone who comes
>> here -- don't make assumptions!

>When asking for help don't be so rude.

Then stop being a know-it-all. People who don't know much, usually do that to
compensate for not being as smart as they want to be.

>Megan

>"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
>nothing."

>-Edmund Burke

>Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
>http://www.stopdeclaw.com

>Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
>http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

>"Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
>elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid
>plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves
>too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's
>favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance,
>which no man could have dreamt would have come his way."

>- W.H. Murray

October 12th 03, 01:36 PM
In <bt2ib.26537$La.6863@fed1read02>, on 10/11/03
at 06:52 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>I think you are just ****ed because someone came in and decided the cats
>needed and deserved a good and loving home. It seems you have a problem with
>control and doing what is in the best interest of the cats. Why not just be
>happy and hope the person who took the cats has given them a better life. You
>also might want to consider the fact the person who took them is involved
>with animal rescue and discovered the cats when you weren't around or they
>also were picked up by someone who though they were strays (which they were
>by your description of the situation) and brought them to a shelter. Get over
>your control issue and let it go.

Well I think your an idiot making one assumption after another. -- They had a
fairly warm place at night, a dry atrium during the day, food and someone who
was working with them so they became accustomed to human touch.

This was not animal rescue at work. I was in contact with them and working
with them. This was someone who knew they were pretty cats and decided to
take them rather then ask about keeping them.

October 12th 03, 01:37 PM
In <Jv2ib.26539$La.9836@fed1read02>, on 10/11/03
at 06:54 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down, beat
>the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be no-kill
>only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip here
>because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

You're a complete idiot. Isn't there some where else you should be?

October 12th 03, 02:03 PM
In <Vx2ib.26540$La.5150@fed1read02>, on 10/11/03
at 06:57 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>How long did you plan on leaving them there 1 day, 1 month, 1 year? Maybe you
>should stop with the bruised ego and hope for the best. You might also
>consider that maybe it was the cat's original human who found them and took
>them home.

It wasn't the original owner. That's who I wanted to find. It was someone
who decided she liked the look of orange tabby an kitten. People who didn't
ask for them, and who have themselves and two other cats in a cold bedroom
sized place in a cold Newengland winter, a rusted out car that can't pass
inspection (e.g., not money there for proper care), and who may not keep them
together -- probably pointed to the cats by a sister who somehow decided that
she -- who hadn't done one thing for them,. and who was probably annoyed that
they ran from her, but came to me when I showed up and followed me around --
had the right to take them. -- When in fact she ought to be working on the
four kittens she has to get rid of.

Now, start asking for facts instead of assuming. -- We had a momcat who once
she was strong enough and not dehydrated and falling down, as she was the
first time I saw her -- who was seen on at least three occasions a few blocks
away and going further away. She never wandered anywhere else and there was a
network of neighbors and kids who were watching them and for them. I had cats
all my life, and I think the momcat was looking for someplace she once was --
because she had become strong enough to move around, and she was sure the
kitten was protected. And she did take care of her kitten more then most
momcats do.

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 05:33 PM
Cat Protector wrote:

> By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
> beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
> no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
> here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

Anyone that snatches cats, won't say exactly where they are and refuses
to allow an interested party to see the cats is behaving _very_
suspiciously. I'm beginning to think the cats are dead.

Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
cats?

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 05:33 PM
wrote:

> This sounds more to
> me like you are angry because you were slow to act and now have no
> control over the situation.

Let's say you are feeding a newly discovered colony of feral cats,
you've trapped and altered some, others you haven't got to yet. Someone
traps and removes five of them, they tell you they went to a good home,
but won't tell you where and won't let you see them. Would you be
concerned? If so, could you justly be accused of being a control freak?

You have a unrealistic view of the kindness of strangers.

If this happened to me, I'd be homocidal.

(snip)

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 05:33 PM
Cat Protector wrote:

> I think you are just ****ed because someone came in and decided the cats
> needed and deserved a good and loving home.

The woman will not allow this guy to see the cats. If they were, in
fact, in a "good and loving home", why would she stonewall his request
for information? My guess is the cats are dead and you're insane.

> It seems you have a problem with
> control and doing what is in the best interest of the cats. Why not just be
> happy and hope

I hope you don't do a lot of feral adoptions because "be happy and hope"
doesn't cut it.

(snip)

Ted Davis
October 12th 03, 06:10 PM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:38:48 GMT, wrote:

>Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
>socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't know
>how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
>neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
>then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
>be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part in
>the initial post).

Try some other group - all you'll find here are cat people, especially
people who have rescued many cats already and continue to rescue them,
mostly successfully.

"but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
>neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
>then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
>be as noble as you people are assuming"

We know nothing about that person's motives, and so can make no
assumptions other than that the cat and kitten may have found a home
with someone who wants them, but there is definitely something wrong
in what we do know, and that's about you. I can easily understand why
the neighbor is unwilling to give you the sister's address - in a
situation such as you have described, I would want to get the cat and
kitten out of it as quickly as possible and not to let you find out
where they went. While there might be something nefarious going on,
it seems more likely that the neighbor is acting in the interests of
the cats and being cautious toward you to protect the sister and the
cats from you.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 07:28 PM
Ted Davis wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:33:15 GMT, frlpwr > wrote:
>
> >Cat Protector wrote:
> >>
> >> By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
> >> beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
> >> no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
> >> here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.
> >>
> >Anyone that snatches cats, won't say exactly where they are and refuses
> >to allow an interested party to see the cats is behaving _very_
> >suspiciously. I'm beginning to think the cats are dead.
>
> Or, thinks that the cats and/or the person who actually has them are
> at risk from the person to whom he/she is refusing to give
> information.

Huh?

> If the OP is as hostile in person as here, I would
> refuse to give out any information at all, not even the time of day.

He's more calm than I would be in the same situation.

> >Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
> >cats?
>
> There is more evidence that the OP is a control freak than that he has
> any real feelings for the cats.

I don't see it.

> Note that most of the people
> objecting to the OP mostly have years of experience rescuing cats ...
> and dealing with people on the fringes of the rescue efforts.

I've been involved in feral cat rescue for over 17 years. This includes
daily management of 100+ cats in outdoor colonies in San Francisco and
San Mateo counties, trapping and altering more cats over the years than
I can count, socializing and rehoming feral kittens, rehabilitating and
rehoming strays, nursing sick kittens rejected by local shelters.
Today, I'll be shlepping 8 socialized, former feral kittens to an
adoption fair and I would not dream of letting a kitten go to any person
who refused to tell me where (s)he lived or would refuse a request to
visit the cat.

It sounds like the orange tabby's outdoor life (provided she is spayed),
as described, is preferrable to an indoor life crowded into a small
trailer with two humans and four cats.

I'm not the type of feral cat rescuer who believes all feral cats have
"short, miserable lives filled with suffering and pain". I don't
believe it because it's not true.

Oh, my user name of "frlpwr" stands for Feralpower!

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 07:28 PM
Ted Davis wrote:

(snip)

> Try some other group - all you'll find here are cat people, especially
> people who have rescued many cats already and continue to rescue them,
> mostly successfully.

Do you think all feral cats should be living in human households?

> "but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
> >neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
> >then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
> >be as noble as you people are assuming"
>
> We know nothing about that person's motives,

We can deduce her motives. All the woman has to do is allow the OP to
see the cats and check out where and how they are living. What if the
cats are housed in carriers within the trailer? What if she is using
the female as a breeder? (Lots of people are obsessed with orange
kittens, you know.) What if she feeds her cats nothing but tablescraps
or keeps them as unfed mousers?

The simple fact that she is not willing to let the OP know any details
about the cats is reason enough to be suspect.

> and so can make no
> assumptions other than that the cat and kitten may have found a home
> with someone who wants them

Apparently your years of experience in cat rescue have not taught you
any lessons about the frequency of animal abuse, neglect and animal
hoarding. What makes you think that trading the certainty of food and
shelter offered by the OP for "may have found a home", a home of unknown
quality, is a good deal for the cats?

A home is not necessarily a good home. I recently rescued seven old
tomcats from a woman's trailer. They were kept in carriers for extended
periods of time, their fur was matted with their own feces and their
skin was burnt from urine. They were walking skeletons. None of them
weighed over 6 pounds and one weighed just 4 pounds. Their muscle tone
was so compromised that five of them required surgery after developing
hernias from just walking around my cat room. Two were untreated
diabetics now on daily insulin injections. All of them have kidney
problems as a consequnce of poor quality food. They were infested with
fleas, tapeworms and earmites. The few teeth they still had among them
needed to be cleaned.

The critical point of this man's dilemma is why isn't he permitted to
see the cats and their surroundings? He doesn't seem unreasonable to
me. I think if he was assured about the cats' quality of care, he would
be happily relieved.

, but there is definitely something wrong
> in what we do know, and that's about you. I can easily understand why
> the neighbor is unwilling to give you the sister's address - in a
> situation such as you have described, I would want to get the cat and
> kitten out of it as quickly as possible

What had he done to the cats that would warrant this? He was providing
food and shelter, more than most people do for stray cats. I have to
doubt your claim of years of rescue experience if you are going to act
shocked if someone doesn't jump right on the T/N/R express.

> and not to let you find out
> where they went.

Do you feed feral and/or stray cats? Would you accept their
disappearance so easily? If so, I suggest you are unfit for feral cat
management.

> While there might be something nefarious going on,
> it seems more likely that the neighbor is acting in the interests of
> the cats

Why? Nothing in their behavior would indicate this.

> and being cautious toward you to protect the sister and the
> cats from you.

Crikey! The guy was feeding and sheltering a stray cat and kitten! Why
are you acting as if he mistreated them?

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 08:28 PM
I guess I rest my case about you. If you have to resort to name calling then
it only makes you look even worse.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> You're a complete idiot. Isn't there some where else you should be?

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 08:34 PM
Once again you resort to name calling? I guess you have proven my case to be
a bit true. How do you know it was not a case of animal rescue? You
originally stated that this building was abandoned. Also, why does someone
need to ask your permission to remove them? According to your original post
they appeared to be strays or possibly a feral colony. If they were ferals
then a rescue group or someone experienced in feral rescue could have been
called in and moved the colony to a safe haven. Of course because of this
issue of control you assume the worse or are mad because they didn't seem to
ask you for permission to take them. Of course, they weren't your cats to
begin with so why would they? I think you need to hope for the best and if
someone does step forward to say they took them, don't come down on them
like a bunch of bricks.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Well I think your an idiot making one assumption after another. -- They
had a
> fairly warm place at night, a dry atrium during the day, food and someone
who
> was working with them so they became accustomed to human touch.
>
> This was not animal rescue at work. I was in contact with them and
working
> with them. This was someone who knew they were pretty cats and decided to
> take them rather then ask about keeping them.

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 08:44 PM
How do you know it wasn't their original human (any cat person knows that
the cat is never owned by a human)? You seem to assume that it wasn't. For
someone who keeps saying we should learn the facts maybe you need to learn
them yourself. Also stop with the ego trip. You came here asking for advice
and help but when you didn't like the answers given, you got rude, obnoxious
and started with calling people names. The scenario you painted from
origianl post said this was abandoned building and therefore someone in the
community possibly opened their heart to these felines and brought them home
to care for them. Now you are upset because someone didn't give you that
person's name and address? You also seem to think cats are more like dogs
and therefore their main mission in life is to bond to you. You may have had
cats all your life but your postings show all of us that you have a lot to
learn about both rescue and cats. If your ego is really that important
perhaps you would be more suited for dog rescue. Let this incident go and
move on.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> It wasn't the original owner. That's who I wanted to find. It was
someone
> who decided she liked the look of orange tabby an kitten. People who
didn't
> ask for them, and who have themselves and two other cats in a cold bedroom
> sized place in a cold Newengland winter, a rusted out car that can't pass
> inspection (e.g., not money there for proper care), and who may not keep
them
> together -- probably pointed to the cats by a sister who somehow decided
that
> she -- who hadn't done one thing for them,. and who was probably annoyed
that
> they ran from her, but came to me when I showed up and followed me
around --
> had the right to take them. -- When in fact she ought to be working on the
> four kittens she has to get rid of.
>
> Now, start asking for facts instead of assuming. -- We had a momcat who
once
> she was strong enough and not dehydrated and falling down, as she was the
> first time I saw her -- who was seen on at least three occasions a few
blocks
> away and going further away. She never wandered anywhere else and there
was a
> network of neighbors and kids who were watching them and for them. I had
cats
> all my life, and I think the momcat was looking for someplace she once
was --
> because she had become strong enough to move around, and she was sure the
> kitten was protected. And she did take care of her kitten more then most
> momcats do.

Cat Protector
October 12th 03, 08:52 PM
How do you know that they weren't socialized for adoption? Were you there at
the birth when the cats were kittens? Were you there when the momma cat
tought them how to use a litterbox with a little help from their original
humans? You say you do expect us to not be pompous jackasses yet the only
one I see being that is you. You may be upset but just because you found
these cats doesn't make them yours. You also came in here asking for help
and then decided to be rude and obnoxious with a know-it-all attitude. Just
admit you are not perfect and know everything. You would have gotten a lot
further if you didn't call people names, and got on an ego trip.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> It also is not a big deal to wait until a cat is hungry and trick they out
> with a can of food -- as these people did. So don't try to tell me they
were
> socialized for adoption. They weren't.

> I don't expect you to be mind readers. I do expect you not to be the
pompous
> jackasses that some of you people are. -- One point of anger is that
someone
> stole cats that I was caring for. They waited until they knew I would not
be
> there instead of asking what the plan was.

> >Anyone that would allow a cat to remain unspayed, roam and get pregnant
in
> >this day and age does not deserve to have the cat.
>
> Here you go again being a pompous jackass. -- The first time I saw the
momcat
> she was so weak she fell down trying to hiss at me.
>
> >When asking for help don't be so rude.
>
> Then stop being a know-it-all. People who don't know much, usually do that
> compensate for not being as smart as they want to be.
>

> >Megan
>

> >"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> >nothing."
>
> >-Edmund Burke
>
> >Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
> >http://www.stopdeclaw.com
>
> >Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
> >http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22
>
> >"Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
> >elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and
splendid
> >plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence
moves
> >too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's
> >favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material
assistance,
> >which no man could have dreamt would have come his way."
>
> >- W.H. Murray

frlpwr
October 12th 03, 10:21 PM
Cat Protector wrote:

> Once again you resort to name calling? I guess you have proven my case to be
> a bit true. How do you know it was not a case of animal rescue?

How do you know it was? The point is without the woman or her sister or
a friend of a friend of a friend of the sister permitting the OP to
follow up on the cats, NO ONE knows what's happened to them. You are
faulting letoured for his concern. Would you be happy if he had washed
his hands of the cats and not given them a second thought? I doubt it.

> You originally stated that this building was abandoned.

He also stated that he was overseeing the property for a friend.
Abandoned real estate, especially with accessible outbuildings, makes
excellent feral cat territory.
How can you be a feral cat rescuer and not know this?

> Also, why does someone need to ask your permission to remove them?

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Ted. Do you feed feral cats? How
would you feel if they started disappearing and a neighbor told you her
sister had taken them, but you can't talk to her about them and you
can't see the cats?

If you are any kind of "rescuer" at all, you would be sick with worry
and rightly so.

>According to your original post they appeared to be strays or possibly a feral
> colony. If they were ferals
> then a rescue group or someone experienced in feral rescue could have been
> called in and moved the colony to a safe haven.

What kind of feral cat rescue do you run? First of all, how many feral
cat rescue groups go around collecting well-fed and sheltered cats for
relocation? Suitable relocation sites are practically impossible to
find, even for cats in urgent need of a new place to live. Relocation
of ferals is time consuming, energy draining and often unsuccessful. It
is generally limited to cats in dire need, not a mother and kitten who
are being fed and sheltered in their own territory.

Second, feral rescuers would be unbelievably thoughtless and cruel to
remove cats without first talking to the caregiver. If you or any of
your goofy "rescuer" friends tried to remove cats from any of my
colonies, you'd have a serious fight on your hands. Who the hell are
you to move cats around like they are chess pieces?

> Of course because of this issue of control

You've got a lot of nerve talking about "control" after plainly
approving of feral cat "rescuers" removing well-fed and sheltered cats
on their whim.

> you assume the worse

How many times does this have to be explained to you? He assumes the
worse because he can't talk to the women who supposedly has the cats nor
can he see the cats!!!

> or are mad because they didn't seem to
> ask you for permission to take them.
< Of course, they weren't your cats to
> begin with so why would they?

Because feral cat rescuers are not heartless assholes?

Feral cats belong to no one. This doesn't mean that anyone who feels
like it should move them around for NO GOOD REASON.

> I think you need to hope for the best

What are you going to suggest next? Say a little prayer? Light a
candle? He needs to see the cats and he needs to see where they are
living. I'd be pounding on the bitch's door everyday until she told me
what she did with the cats. Anything less would be irresponsible.

> and if someone does step forward to say they took them, don't come down on them
> like a bunch of bricks.

If it takes bricks to educate this women on the need for cooperative
feral cat management, so be it. If I was caregiver for these cats, she
would be lucky to escape with brick dust in her hair.

October 12th 03, 11:47 PM
In <caiib.27749$La.458@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 12:44 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>How do you know it wasn't their original human (any cat person knows that the
>cat is never owned by a human)? You seem to assume that it wasn't.

Because the woman would have said that -- and she would not have watched me
play with them for 6 weeks if her "sister" -- who reportedly lives around 7
miles away lost them.

Funny thing about the sister too. I have a description of the car, and when
looking today. No car like that where she is reported to live.

For
>someone who keeps saying we should learn the facts maybe you need to learn
>them yourself. Also stop with the ego trip. You came here asking for advice
>and help but when you didn't like the answers given, you got rude, obnoxious
>and started with calling people names. The scenario you painted from origianl
>post said this was abandoned building and therefore someone in the community
>possibly opened their heart to these felines and brought them home to care
>for them. Now you are upset because someone didn't give you that person's
>name and address? You also seem to think cats are more like dogs and
>therefore their main mission in life is to bond to you. You may have had cats
>all your life but your postings show all of us that you have a lot to learn
>about both rescue and cats.

Really? Hows that?

If your ego is really that important perhaps you
>would be more suited for dog rescue. Let this incident go and move on.

No I need to find out what happened to these cats -- who were being cared for
and who ran from the lady who stole them and followed me around.

You have a very distorted sense of what is correct here.

October 12th 03, 11:47 PM
In <h1iib.27748$La.8562@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 12:34 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>Once again you resort to name calling?

Some people are so dence they need to be called names. Call it shock therpy
showing a side of you that others see.

I guess you have proven my case to be
>a bit true. How do you know it was not a case of animal rescue? You
>originally stated that this building was abandoned. Also, why does someone
>need to ask your permission to remove them? According to your original post
>they appeared to be strays or possibly a feral colony.

I never said feral. You made it up in your head.

If they were ferals
>then a rescue group or someone experienced in feral rescue could have been
>called in and moved the colony to a safe haven. Of course because of this
>issue of control you assume the worse or are mad because they didn't seem to
>ask you for permission to take them. Of course, they weren't your cats to
>begin with so why would they? I think you need to hope for the best and if
>someone does step forward to say they took them, don't come down on them like
>a bunch of bricks.

You and other came down on me -- I was doing the rescue. Someone stopped it
and refuses to explain, or tell where they are. You explain that.

October 12th 03, 11:47 PM
In >, on 10/12/03
at 12:19 PM, Ted Davis > said:

>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:33:15 GMT, frlpwr > wrote:

>>Cat Protector wrote:
>>>
>>> By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
>>> beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
>>> no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
>>> here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.
>>>
>>Anyone that snatches cats, won't say exactly where they are and refuses
>>to allow an interested party to see the cats is behaving _very_
>>suspiciously. I'm beginning to think the cats are dead.

>Or, thinks that the cats and/or the person who actually has them are at risk
>from the person to whom he/she is refusing to give
>information. If the OP is as hostile in person as here, I would refuse to
>give out any information at all, not even the time of day.

The hostile person here is you and the people like you. -- You should be
checked out before bellowed near living things.

>>Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
>>cats?

>There is more evidence that the OP is a control freak than that he has any
>real feelings for the cats. Note that most of the people objecting to the OP
>mostly have years of experience rescuing cats ... and dealing with people on
>the fringes of the rescue efforts.

There is more evidence that you don't know what in the hell you are talking
about.

>T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig
>in the body)

October 12th 03, 11:47 PM
In >, on 10/12/03
at 12:10 PM, Ted Davis > said:

>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:38:48 GMT, wrote:
>>
>>Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
>>socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't know
>>how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
>>neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
>>then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
>>be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part in
>>the initial post).

>Try some other group - all you'll find here are cat people, especially people
>who have rescued many cats already and continue to rescue them, mostly
>successfully.

>"but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
>>neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
>>then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
>>be as noble as you people are assuming"

>We know nothing about that person's motives, and so can make no
>assumptions other than that the cat and kitten may have found a home with
>someone who wants them, but there is definitely something wrong in what we do
>know, and that's about you. I can easily understand why the neighbor is
>unwilling to give you the sister's address - in a situation such as you have
>described, I would want to get the cat and kitten out of it as quickly as
>possible and not to let you find out where they went.

Lets see: they had a shelter in the night, a dry atrium where they could out
in the sunshine where they **wanted** to be in the day, food and water -- and
someone the momcat ran to when he arrived and who stayed and played with them
trying to get them use to human contact -- Really bad for them eh?

I think you're a jerk without a clue that something is wrong here.

While there might be
>something nefarious going on, it seems more likely that the neighbor is
>acting in the interests of the cats and being cautious toward you to protect
>the sister and the cats from you.

Lets see; the Friday before this lady stole the cats she walked off her job,
whined about her favorite cats disappearing, and said she wanted the dump one
oh her cats --the mother of four 5 week old kittens and keep the kittens. --
Connect those dots!

>T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig
>in the body)

October 13th 03, 12:01 AM
In <0iiib.27751$La.22698@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 12:52 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>How do you know that they weren't socialized for adoption?

Ah.. the socialization they had was coming from me and the neighbors across
the street. -- What part of that confuses you?

>Were you there at
>the birth when the cats were kittens? Were you there when the momma cat
>tought them how to use a litterbox with a little help from their original
>humans?

Hmmm. You set up a litter box for outdoor cats -- Who in this case were very
nicely using some favorite bushes for that. -- Funny thing too; I had one
party willing to adopt them -- after they saw the vet -- **because** they were
using the outdoors for a litter box.

You say you do expect us to not be pompous jackasses yet the only one >I see
being that is you.

Really! I'm not the one making assumptions. Ever here the phrase, "Think
before you speak?" And the other one about 'don't open your mouth and
convince everyone you're an idiot!'

You may be upset but just because you found these
>cats doesn't make them yours. You also came in here asking for help and then
>decided to be rude and obnoxious with a know-it-all attitude.

Ah.. I responded to YOUR know-it-all attitude. You need to work on it.

Just admit you
>are not perfect and know everything. You would have gotten a lot further if
>you didn't call people names, and got on an ego trip.

If I knew everything I would not have come here in the first place. You on
the other hand seem to think that everything is just great and wanting to know
what happened to cats I was caring -- and the person who took them was not
doing anything for -- is wrong.

Rephrased; I'm the person who was doing the caring. The person who took them
wasn't do the caring. What part of that is confusing to you?

frlpwr
October 13th 03, 12:40 AM
wrote:

> In <h1iib.27748$La.8562@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
> at 12:34 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

(snip)

> > I think you need to hope for the best and if
> >someone does step forward to say they took them, don't come down on them like
> >a bunch of bricks.
>
> You and other came down on me -- I was doing the rescue. Someone stopped it
> and refuses to explain, or tell where they are. You explain that.

This meddling imbecile can't explain since (s)he clearly thinks juggling
stray cats is a noble pasttime.

frlpwr
October 13th 03, 12:40 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

> Let this incident go and
> move on.

Is that what you do when a cat you care for goes missing?

Cat Protector
October 13th 03, 01:06 AM
Funny. It seems everyone is saying the same thing here about you. You have
been nothing but hostile, rude and obnoxious. You have resorted to name
calling to try and drive your point. You show you have control and anger
issues as well as an inflated ego. I'd go on with the list but you will only
to be in denial.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> The hostile person here is you and the people like you. -- You should be
> checked out before bellowed near living things.
>

> >>Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
> >>cats?
>
> >There is more evidence that the OP is a control freak than that he has
any
> >real feelings for the cats. Note that most of the people objecting to
the OP
> >mostly have years of experience rescuing cats ... and dealing with people
on
> >the fringes of the rescue efforts.
>
> There is more evidence that you don't know what in the hell you are
talking
> about.
>

> >T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my
..sig
> >in the body)

Cat Protector
October 13th 03, 01:08 AM
What you call shock therapy I call being simply obnoxious, rude and
childish. Obviously you are incapable of stating your point without rude and
nasty.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Some people are so dence they need to be called names. Call it shock
therpy
> showing a side of you that others see.

Cat Protector
October 13th 03, 01:10 AM
Oh so now you're a professional detective? What was your next tactic? Find
the woman, bust into her house and take the cats by force. Leave the law to
the police.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Because the woman would have said that -- and she would not have watched
me
> play with them for 6 weeks if her "sister" -- who reportedly lives around
7
> miles away lost them.
>
> Funny thing about the sister too. I have a description of the car, and
when
> looking today. No car like that where she is reported to live.

Cat Protector
October 13th 03, 01:15 AM
It is not your decision for adopting out cats. Rescue groups are supposed to
be the ones to that. Since you do not have legal custody of the cats then
you can't adopt them out. I suggest you study the laws in your state
regarding this. If you really feel they were dumped then you should go to
the police or the agency that handles the animal cruelty laws in your state
or city. Of course with your anger issues and previous posts you'll probably
no doubt say you know everything and that you have the right to take the law
into your own hands. I have to wonder why you bothered posting for help here
when all you seem to want to do is toot your own horn, name call, and say
how you seem to know it all. I think I'll just killfile you now since you
obviously will not listen.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
> wrote in message
t...

> Hmmm. You set up a litter box for outdoor cats -- Who in this case were
very
> nicely using some favorite bushes for that. -- Funny thing too; I had one
> party willing to adopt them -- after they saw the vet -- **because** they
were
> using the outdoors for a litter box.

> Really! I'm not the one making assumptions. Ever here the phrase, "Think
> before you speak?" And the other one about 'don't open your mouth and
> convince everyone you're an idiot!'
>
> You may be upset but just because you found these
> >cats doesn't make them yours. You also came in here asking for help and
then
> >decided to be rude and obnoxious with a know-it-all attitude.
>
> Ah.. I responded to YOUR know-it-all attitude. You need to work on it.
>

> Just admit you
> >are not perfect and know everything. You would have gotten a lot further
if
> >you didn't call people names, and got on an ego trip.
>
> If I knew everything I would not have come here in the first place. You
on
> the other hand seem to think that everything is just great and wanting to
know
> what happened to cats I was caring -- and the person who took them was not
> doing anything for -- is wrong.
>
> Rephrased; I'm the person who was doing the caring. The person who took
them
> wasn't do the caring. What part of that is confusing to you?

October 13th 03, 01:16 AM
In >, on 10/12/03
at 11:40 PM, frlpwr > said:

wrote:

>> In <h1iib.27748$La.8562@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
>> at 12:34 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:
>>
>(snip)

>> > I think you need to hope for the best and if
>> >someone does step forward to say they took them, don't come down on them like
>> >a bunch of bricks.
>>
>> You and other came down on me -- I was doing the rescue. Someone stopped it
>> and refuses to explain, or tell where they are. You explain that.

>This meddling imbecile can't explain since (s)he clearly thinks juggling
>stray cats is a noble pasttime.

Juggling is kind word for what happened.

I also thought some of the comments about moving faster were absurd, since it
took a month before I knew I get my hands on the kitten when needed -- and the
local humane program that was going to help with the vet costs took two more
weeks before telling me to go ahead. It was also a little difficult finding
people willing to adopt two at one time -- when one was a wild kitten. -- And
I did think they belonged together and shouldn't be separated because of a
number of things I watched the momcat do that were pretty unusual.

Cheryl
October 13th 03, 01:38 AM
In news:a9mib.27785$La.27020@fed1read02,
Cat Protector > composed with style:
]
> It is not your decision for adopting out cats. Rescue groups are
> supposed to be the ones to that. Since you do not have legal
> custody of the cats then you can't adopt them out.

Oh bull****. I am adopting out strays independently and with the
blessing of the local SPCA. They don't have the manpower to get
involved other than neutering them.

October 13th 03, 01:58 AM
In <l0mib.27782$La.2000@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 05:06 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>Funny. It seems everyone is saying the same thing here about you.

No. Just assholes like you -- and you are the one in denial. I suggest you
stop mixing your meds -- because its not working and leaving you mentally
unbalanced.

You have
>been nothing but hostile, rude and obnoxious. You have resorted to name
>calling to try and drive your point. You show you have control and anger
>issues as well as an inflated ego. I'd go on with the list but you will only
>to be in denial.

October 13th 03, 02:12 AM
In <a9mib.27785$La.27020@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 05:15 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>It is not your decision for adopting out cats.

Lets see; According to you I'm wrong for objecting to what happened -- in the
context of its okay (according to you) for the other person to do it -- is
also not in a formal rescue group.

You really need to stop mixing your meds, and posting on the internet.

Rescue groups are supposed to
>be the ones to that. Since you do not have legal custody of the cats then you
>can't adopt them out. I suggest you study the laws in your state regarding
>this.

So you know that for a fact? Like you know where I am and can tell us here
and now? I'm impressed. Say, do you think the space four cats have in a
trailer meets the new animal cruelty law? Or do we need to take their paw
prints, and measure floor space and subtract for everything they can't jump
over while playing -- to know?

> If you really feel they were dumped

Who said anything about being dumped? They were there one day. The mother was
so weak she couldn't stand up. I took care of her, while the person who stole
her did nothing -- but you somehow think I'm the problem here. -- What is
your medication anyway. It sure makes you see things in a funny way.

then you should go to the police or
>the agency that handles the animal cruelty laws in your state or city.

So you think the police have the time to find the "unknown" person who might
have dumped this cat?

Of
>course with your anger issues and previous posts you'll probably no doubt say
>you know everything and that you have the right to take the law into your own
>hands.

Really? What is I took into my own hands?

I have to wonder why you bothered posting for help here when all you >seem to
want to do is toot your own horn, name call, and say how you seem to >know it
all. I think I'll just killfile you now since you obviously will not >listen.

I have to wonder why an idiot like you keeps posting. See your doctor about
the meds you obviously mixing -- or need to be taking.

October 13th 03, 02:16 AM
In <62mib.27783$La.46@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 05:08 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>What you call shock therapy I call being simply obnoxious, rude and childish.
>Obviously you are incapable of stating your point without rude and nasty.

I figured you would be upset at hearing the truth about you.

October 13th 03, 02:17 AM
In <Z3mib.27784$La.7545@fed1read02>, on 10/12/03
at 05:10 PM, "Cat Protector" > said:

>Oh so now you're a professional detective? What was your next tactic? Find
>the woman, bust into her house and take the cats by force. Leave the law to
>the police.

Of course not. But once I was involved in military intelligence. Back then
I would have reported that you are on something and no one knows what, or
where you're getting it -- but its making you crazy.

m. L. Briggs
October 13th 03, 05:38 AM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:40:47 GMT, frlpwr > wrote:

>Cat Protector wrote:
>>
>> Let this incident go and
>> move on.
>
>Is that what you do when a cat you care for goes missing?

If you think this trip hasn't been fun you are absolutely right!

Cat Protector
October 13th 03, 07:01 AM
They weren't his cats to begin with. He also wants to take the law into his
own hands by investigating witnesses and even going so far to find the name
and address of the person who may or may not have taken them. We have police
for this very reason. If he thinks someone just maliciously took them they
he needs to go to the police instead of being a control freak and taking
matters into his own hands.

"m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message

> If you think this trip hasn't been fun you are absolutely right!

frlpwr
October 13th 03, 08:41 PM
Cat Protector wrote:

> It is not your decision for adopting out cats. Rescue groups are supposed to
> be the ones to that.

What the hell? Look at your local newspaper under the "Pets for Sale"
column. Any person who feels like it can adopt out or sell an animal.

> Since you do not have legal custody of the cats then
> you can't adopt them out.

How would I establish legal custody of the eight feral kittens I had up
for adoption today?

In San Francisco, if you feed a stray animal for three consecutive days
you are considered the guardian and are liable for all the
responsibilities that implies.

> I suggest you study the laws in your state regarding this.

I suggest you stop yammering about things you know nothing about.

> If you really feel they were dumped then you should go to
> the police or the agency that handles the animal cruelty laws in your state
> or city.

What do you suppose the conviction rate is for animal abandonment?

Do all of us a favor. Contact your local animal control agency tomorrow
and ask them what they would do about a suspected month-old animal
abandonment case that occurred in a location other than the property on
which the animals normally resided.

> Of course with your anger issues and previous posts you'll probably
> no doubt say you know everything and that you have the right to take the law
> into your own hands.

I must have missed the post where letoured plots the lynching.

Holy ****! There's no "seem" about it, you are certifiably insane.

> I think I'll just killfile you now since you
> obviously will not listen.

I've only read a few of your posts and even I know that no one in their
right mind would listen to you.

(snip)

MaryL
October 14th 03, 12:42 AM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:38:48 GMT, wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>

> >Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
> >socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't
know
> >how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in
the
> >neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on
here
> >then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them
might not
> >be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part
in
> >the initial post).

I haven't responded to your earlier messages, but I would like to point out
that those who did reply could only use the information that you provided.
You now say that "I just didn't go into that part in the initial post." It
is important to include as much information as possible because we can't
infer information that isn't provided. If you are seriously concerned (as
it now sounds), could you get someone else in the neighborhood to look for a
license plate and then give that information to a rescue group for