PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Kitten

J B Muffin
November 21st 03, 09:51 PM
I am so worried. We feed about 10 feral cats in our yard for about 5 years now.
We had them all fixed except one that gets away and lo and behold she had 3
kittens. Well the other day on my way out to feed them one got in and down into
our finished basement. He was so frightened he got up into the ceiling. There
is no way to get to him and I can't even hear him. We put up a humane trap with
tuna, but he is still hiding. We have tenants down there so I don't have the
option of tearing the ceiling down. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Guess Wh@-- U got Mail.!!!
November 22nd 03, 10:57 AM

m. L. Briggs
November 25th 03, 05:53 AM
On 21 Nov 2003 21:51:33 GMT, (J B Muffin) wrote:

>I am so worried. We feed about 10 feral cats in our yard for about 5 years now.
>We had them all fixed except one that gets away and lo and behold she had 3
>kittens. Well the other day on my way out to feed them one got in and down into
>our finished basement. He was so frightened he got up into the ceiling. There
>is no way to get to him and I can't even hear him. We put up a humane trap with
>tuna, but he is still hiding. We have tenants down there so I don't have the
>option of tearing the ceiling down. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
Perhaps if you bated the humane trap and then left the house for
several hours -- so it is absolutely quiet, the kitten might venture
out. I hope your tenants will cooperate. Let us know what happens.
MLB

Chris
November 25th 03, 03:28 PM
one of my cats was a kitten who got stuck in the wall of my parents' apt.
Took a week but mother was on the roof howling each night & probably dropped
food down the ac vent... Turned out there were two kitties. Anyway, we
finally got the management to come when I reminded them of what would happen
if the kitty died in the wall.... they had to punch holes into 3 apts & it
turned out one kitty could not have gotten out on her own as she had gotten
wedged in some pipes... Your kitty may not be able to come out by itself!