PDA

View Full Version : Poor Frank

Marina
August 26th 03, 03:53 PM
I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
draw lots of blood.

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marina, worry-wart

JBHajos
August 26th 03, 03:58 PM
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, many more than a few!!! Multiple purrs from Hobo and Speckles,
doggy woofs & wags from Sandy, and the best good thoughts and vibes
from me. I know what you mean about the anesthetics, they scare me to
death!! Sincerest hopes that all turns out well.

Jeanne

Julie Cook
August 26th 03, 04:09 PM
Marina wrote:

>If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
>teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
>(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
>like Frank).
>
>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
>--
>Marina, worry-wart

Lots of purrs from Hobbes, Selena and Lacey. Hobbes has issues with the
vet as well so he sends his most sincere "I hate TED" purrs and Selena
sends her best "dental" purrs. Lacey just sends get well soon Frank
purrs. I will send human purrs for both Frank and his worried Meowmie. I
can certainly relate to the worries you will experience.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey
(hunting bugs and worms, tis a pity that cute little cursor kitty can't
control computer bugs)

Karen Chuplis
August 26th 03, 04:51 PM
Many purrs for Frank to have a very non-stressful trip to the vet.

Karen

"Marina" > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase
his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it
should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him
and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder
cat
> like Frank).
>
> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Marina, worry-wart

fuga =^o^=
August 26th 03, 05:52 PM
Please keep us posted on how he's doing.. Purrs and Huggs to you Marina..

fuga

bewtifulfreak
August 26th 03, 06:22 PM
Marina wrote:

> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Purrs to Frank for the least stressful vet visit possible, and to you as
well, because we know how worried Meowmies get about their furbabies!

Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Steve Touchstone
August 26th 03, 06:34 PM
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
>level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
>because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
>have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
>shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
>hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
>be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
>So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
>be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
>was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
>diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
>draw lots of blood.
>
>If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
>teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
>(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
>like Frank).
>
>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

purrs from my tuxedos to Frank, and Rocky will throw in a few now that
he's learned how

Tanada
August 26th 03, 06:35 PM
Marina wrote:

> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
> draw lots of blood.

Awww, purrs and good thoughts for Frank and his family. Please give him
scritches and hugs for us and let us know how he does.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

CK
August 26th 03, 06:53 PM
Hopefully everything goes well with Frank's bloodworks and teeth etc.

But then I'll have to brag a bit about our good little fur-baby. A
couple of weeks ago when Laku was due for a booster-shot and general
check-up, the vet also checked his teeth. And as Laku was so well
behaved during the checkup and vaccination, the vet cleaned his teeth
right then and there, no sedation or anything, using some kind of
tong-like instrument, and just "clipped" the tartar away. I only held
Laku gently, and he didn't put up too much of a struggle, just something
like "oh man, does he really have to do that...".
He's such a *good boy*!! :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

bewtifulfreak
August 26th 03, 07:00 PM
CK wrote:

> But then I'll have to brag a bit about our good little fur-baby.

He *is* a good boy! Mine are usually pretty good at the vets as well,
although I'm not sure how they'd handle that! But they're amazingly mellow,
considering that's the place they got snipped, LOL....they're a little more
wary since then, but still fairly calm. Sometimes it takes a lot of
persuading once one gets his shot or whatever to shift out of the way and
get back in the carrier so the other one can get his, because they love all
the fussing the vet gives them, she makes them feel so comfortable (you can
tell she really loves animals). :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Christine Burel
August 26th 03, 07:47 PM
Many heartfelt purrs coming from us to Frank and you. Hugs,
Christine
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase
his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it
should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him
and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder
cat
> like Frank).
>
> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Marina, worry-wart

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 26th 03, 09:54 PM
>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

A few purrs???? I shall be purring non-stop, extra-loud, overtime, twice the
speed, etc., etc for my Frank!!!

Frank, my Frank... what is wrong my love???

Worried.... Waffles

(and hoomin too)

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

m. L. Briggs
August 26th 03, 11:26 PM
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
>level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
>because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
>have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
>shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
>hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
>be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
>So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
>be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
>was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
>diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
>draw lots of blood.
>
>If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
>teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
>(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
>like Frank).
>
>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Many heartfelt purrs for Frank. Please update when you know something
new. Also I wish for updates on our other sick kitties. When we
don't hear anything it is like reading a book with chapters missing.

best wishes to all. MLB

Jeanne Hedge
August 26th 03, 11:30 PM
Best of luck and lots of purrs for Frank!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/anime ***

Motherthing
August 26th 03, 11:33 PM
Pookie sat in my lap for a good long time this afternoon, just to send purrs
to poor Frankie.

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

"Marina" > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level.

Brenda Watkins
August 27th 03, 12:18 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase
his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it
should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him
and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder
cat like Frank).

> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Marina, worry-wart

Emily and Pea are purring full tilt for Frank.
Brenda

Sam Nash
August 27th 03, 02:19 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase
his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it
should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him
and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder
cat
> like Frank).
>
> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Marina, worry-wart
Double doses of purrs for Sir Frank.
Sam

LOL
August 27th 03, 07:08 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message >...
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
> like Frank).
>
> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Poor Frank indeed! We are sending many purrs that he get through his
TED visit with a minimum of stress, and that he checks out fine.
------
Krista

Marina
August 27th 03, 02:38 PM
"Marina" > wrote

> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates.

Well, we are happily back home again, though Frank is still a bit wobbly in
the legs. The vet thought he looked fine enough to sedate him a little and
clean his teeth. They took the blood while he was under, so we didn't have a
terrible struggle this time. Though he did fight the sedative - he
absolutely refused to go to sleep. Poor boy, he just hid his head in my
armpit and stayed determinedly awake. Finally he couldn't stand any longer,
so they could start cleaning his teeth.

When they brought him out, he was coming around, and before he had quite
woken up, he started talking and making the strangest sounds. And he didn't
stop for the next three hours! I took him to work so I could keep an eye on
him, but I just couldn't stay there with him, because he kept talking and
talking and wobbling around my office. So I brought him home, and here, he
stopped talking.

I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than it
was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

--
Marina

dsh-diva
August 27th 03, 03:57 PM
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
>teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
>(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
>like Frank).
>
>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Oh my goodness, many purrs coming immediately for poor Frank. (And
for you too Marina) Hope all goes well, and keep us posted.
Jennie, Xena and Callisto

Tanada
August 27th 03, 05:03 PM
Marina wrote:

> I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
> least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
> fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than it
> was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

Awwww, glad he came through it all right. We'll continue to purr and
think good thoughts for his tests to come out ok.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

polonca12000
August 27th 03, 05:47 PM
Poor baby! I'm so glad he is ok now.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" > wrote in message
<snip>Though he did fight the sedative - he
> absolutely refused to go to sleep. Poor boy, he just hid his head in my
> armpit and stayed determinedly awake.

SUQKRT
August 27th 03, 07:37 PM
In article >, "Marina"
> wrote:

>A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Purrs on their way.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 27th 03, 08:16 PM
> I think it was harder on me than it
>was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

Err, I *love strawberry... (removes tongue from Frank's throat... )

Purrs, Waffles

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

CAROL HUTCHINNGS
August 27th 03, 08:18 PM
Dear Frank,
I know just what it's like to go to the vet - a great big YUK! I do have a
habit of sticking a paw in when it's not wanted and then my human has to
take me to get it fixed. So heres a few purrs from me & the rest of the
furry mob.
Get well soon.Purrrrrrrrrr.
Buzz Cat,Annie, Muppet & Paddy
Marina > wrote in message
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
> because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
> have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
> shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase
his
> hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it
should
> be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.
>
> So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used
> be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
> was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
> diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him
and
> draw lots of blood.
>
> If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
> teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
> (though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder
cat
> like Frank).
>
> A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Marina, worry-wart

Karen Chuplis
August 27th 03, 08:59 PM
Glad he is home! I hope the tests come out fine.

Karen

"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> >
> > So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates.
>
> Well, we are happily back home again, though Frank is still a bit wobbly
in
> the legs. The vet thought he looked fine enough to sedate him a little and
> clean his teeth. They took the blood while he was under, so we didn't have
> terrible struggle this time. Though he did fight the sedative - he
> absolutely refused to go to sleep. Poor boy, he just hid his head in my
> armpit and stayed determinedly awake. Finally he couldn't stand any
longer,
> so they could start cleaning his teeth.
>
> When they brought him out, he was coming around, and before he had quite
> woken up, he started talking and making the strangest sounds. And he
didn't
> stop for the next three hours! I took him to work so I could keep an eye
on
> him, but I just couldn't stay there with him, because he kept talking and
> talking and wobbling around my office. So I brought him home, and here, he
> stopped talking.
>
> I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
> least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
> fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than it
> was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)
>
> --
> Marina

LOL
August 28th 03, 06:04 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message >...
> "Marina" > wrote
> >
> > So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates.
>
> Well, we are happily back home again, though Frank is still a bit wobbly in
> the legs. The vet thought he looked fine enough to sedate him a little and
> clean his teeth. They took the blood while he was under, so we didn't have a
> terrible struggle this time. Though he did fight the sedative - he
> absolutely refused to go to sleep. Poor boy, he just hid his head in my
> armpit and stayed determinedly awake. Finally he couldn't stand any longer,
> so they could start cleaning his teeth.
>
> When they brought him out, he was coming around, and before he had quite
> woken up, he started talking and making the strangest sounds. And he didn't
> stop for the next three hours! I took him to work so I could keep an eye on
> him, but I just couldn't stay there with him, because he kept talking and
> talking and wobbling around my office. So I brought him home, and here, he
> stopped talking.
>
> I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
> least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
> fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than it
> was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

I'm glad to hear the visit to TED went about as well as possible;
purrs to Mr. Loudmouth that his bloodwork turn out fine. ;-)

------
Krista

SUQKRT
August 28th 03, 04:38 PM
In article >, "Marina"
> wrote:

>I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
>least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
>fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than
>it
>was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

Purrs for good results.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

Marina
August 28th 03, 04:59 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote
> > I think it was harder on me than it
> >was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)
>
> Err, I *love strawberry... (removes tongue from Frank's throat... )
>
> Purrs, Waffles

Mrowr!

--
Frank

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 28th 03, 10:40 PM
>Mrowr!
>
>--
>Frank

I love it when you talk dirty, my sweet.

Purrs, Waffles

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Marina
September 3rd 03, 03:39 PM
"Marina" > wrote
> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> level.

I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take him
in for yet another test in about a month's time.

--
Marina

Victor M. Martinez
September 3rd 03, 03:59 PM
Purrs for Frank, hoping the higher dosage will do the trick.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Christine Burel
September 3rd 03, 04:00 PM
poor Frank--tell him we think he deserves some shrimpies in compensation.
Christine
"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

lrulan
September 3rd 03, 04:11 PM
dang, give Frankie some extra skritches and love from us.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

lewe
September 3rd 03, 04:25 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.

Megapurrs for Frank!

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

fuga =^o^=
September 3rd 03, 06:24 PM
: o (

polonca12000
September 3rd 03, 06:55 PM
I do hope everything works out alright for Frank.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" > wrote in message
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

Tanada
September 3rd 03, 06:59 PM
Marina wrote:

> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.

At least you know what it is and it can be remedied easily. Purrs and
take your medicine and feel better thoughts for Frank, and hang in there
meowmie thoughts for you. Frank and Nikki chose a great servant.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

m. L. Briggs
September 3rd 03, 07:16 PM
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:25:15 +0200, "lewe" >
wrote:

>"Marina" > wrote in message
>> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
>> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
>him
>> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
>Megapurrs for Frank!
Ditto the mega purrs for Frank. Does he take his meds without a
struggle? Best wishes for all your furry ones. MLB

Alan Erskine
September 3rd 03, 10:05 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

Best wishes for the little fella - give him a scritch for me, ok?

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au
Winston Churchill, October 19, 1940

Yoj
September 3rd 03, 10:31 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the
thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and
take him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

Aw! Purrs for Frank, and for you.

Joy

Brenda Watkins
September 4th 03, 12:49 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

special thyroid purrs for Frank.
Brenda

Angela Ryan
September 4th 03, 01:43 AM
Purrs for poor little Frank

and his meowmie, of course

Angela and Gizmo

"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina

Cheryl
September 4th 03, 02:20 AM
In ,
Marina > composed with style:
> "Marina" > wrote
>> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
>> thyroid level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the
> thyroid level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his
> dosage, and take him in for yet another test in about a month's
> time.

Poor Frank. Purrs that the dosage increase makes him feel better.

Steve Touchstone
September 4th 03, 03:11 AM
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:39:37 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>"Marina" > wrote
>> I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
>> level.
>
>I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
>level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take him
>in for yet another test in about a month's time.

Purrs that you can get it under control

Sam Nash
September 4th 03, 04:00 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his
thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take
him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.
>
> --
> Marina
Darn! Purrs for Mr. Frank to tolerate his increased dosage well and get
himself better.
Sam

Marina
September 4th 03, 04:28 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote

> I hope he is feeling better too. At least you recognize something is up
> right away!

The vet was very sceptical when I told her my suspicions. She thought he
looked fine. But the test proved her wrong. I'm glad I was able to spot the
change in him.

--
Marina

Marina
September 4th 03, 04:51 AM
"Christine Burel" > wrote
> poor Frank--tell him we think he deserves some shrimpies in compensation.

Frank agrees with you wholeheartedly. <g>

--
Marina

Marina
September 4th 03, 04:54 AM
"lrulan" > wrote
> dang, give Frankie some extra skritches and love from us.

I just did. He got overstimulated and trapped my hand. ;o)

--
Marina

Marina
September 4th 03, 04:55 AM
"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote
> Purrs for Frank, hoping the higher dosage will do the trick.

Thank you, Victor, and everyone else who sent purrs and good wishes.

--
Marina

Marina
September 4th 03, 04:56 AM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote

> Best wishes for the little fella - give him a scritch for me, ok?

OK, when he comes down from on top of the bookcase.

--
Marina

LOL
September 4th 03, 07:30 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message >...
> "Marina" > wrote
> > I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
> > level.
>
> I got the results for his blood test today, and I was right, the thyroid
> level was elevated again. So we'll have to increase his dosage, and take him
> in for yet another test in about a month's time.

We are sending special thyroid-stabilizing purrs to Frank, and calming
purrs to you. It's wonderful that you can pick up on what's ailing
your boy so quickly.

------
Krista