PDA

View Full Version : I have a 2 year old beautiful cat name Nature-boy

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 4th 04, 11:42 AM
He's one of my 5 cats.He's beautiful with long blondish hair. He
constantly cleans himself especially in one spot where now his raw skin
is showing.He does not have fleas & he's happy as a lark.Could someone
here give me some advice or at least help me understand why he does
that? He's constantly cleaning that one spot so that there's no hair and
his raw pinkish red skin is showing

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 5th 04, 12:04 AM
I am.Tomorrow. Just left a message on the vets answering machine & said
what was going on & asked if my cat could be seen by him tomorrow & if
they could bill me. I have good credit there so I'm pretty sure it'll be
alright.Got a feeling it might be a hot spot like my dog Kathrin had.
I'll find out for sure tomorrow

Linda Terrell
January 5th 04, 12:08 AM
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:42:37 UTC,
(Fr0m My Petz and I)
wrote:
> He's one of my 5 cats.He's beautiful with long blondish hair. He
> constantly cleans himself especially in one spot where now his raw skin
> is showing.He does not have fleas & he's happy as a lark.Could someone
> here give me some advice or at least help me understand why he does
> that? He's constantly cleaning that one spot so that there's no hair and
> his raw pinkish red skin is showing

Take him to a Vet.

LT

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 5th 04, 05:48 PM
Just got back from the vets & he has no fleas but has ear mites & he's
allergic to both.Make a long story short.The vet put medicine in his
ears,gave him a shot for pain & showed me what the ear mites in
Nature-boy's ears look like.I thought it was the black stuff but it's
not, They're white crabs crawling inside him. So far I owe $98.77 & I
have to take him back in 2 weeks

GL1103
January 6th 04, 10:48 PM
It sounds like Mr Happy cat may be suffering from a skin allergy or possibly
psoriasis. I have to bring my 16 y/o female in 2x/yr for a "Depo" shot to
keep her from chewing one little spot raw......
Let me know how you make out.

Lesgin
"Fr0m My Petz and I" > wrote in
message ...
> He's one of my 5 cats.He's beautiful with long blondish hair. He
> constantly cleans himself especially in one spot where now his raw skin
> is showing.He does not have fleas & he's happy as a lark.Could someone
> here give me some advice or at least help me understand why he does
> that? He's constantly cleaning that one spot so that there's no hair and
> his raw pinkish red skin is showing

Cat Protector
January 7th 04, 02:12 AM
Is your cat stressed for some reason? Grooming themselves way above normal
could be a sign of this.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Fr0m My Petz and I" > wrote in
message ...
> He's one of my 5 cats.He's beautiful with long blondish hair. He
> constantly cleans himself especially in one spot where now his raw skin
> is showing.He does not have fleas & he's happy as a lark.Could someone
> here give me some advice or at least help me understand why he does
> that? He's constantly cleaning that one spot so that there's no hair and
> his raw pinkish red skin is showing

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 7th 04, 02:19 PM

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 7th 04, 02:22 PM
one of the meds was Depo-Medrol though.

Fr0m My Petz and I
January 7th 04, 02:25 PM
No he had ear mites & I found out he's allergic to ear mites
,fleas.Fleas he didn't have though.