PDA

View Full Version : cat bait

JaneK
May 25th 04, 06:53 AM
can one use a cat bait with added tranqualizer or poisen to catch/dispose of
wild cats that
are killing the wildlife on our property?

How would you recommend to do this?

thank you

Ted Davis
May 25th 04, 02:09 PM
On Mon, 24 May 2004 22:53:18 -0700, "JaneK" >
wrote:

>can one use a cat bait with added tranqualizer or poisen to catch/dispose of
>wild cats that
>are killing the wildlife on our property?
>
>How would you recommend to do this?

A group dedicated to rescuing cats is hardly the place to ask about
killing them.

BTW, wild cats are part of the wildlife.

I suspect you are trolling.

T.E.D. )

wrote:

>can one use a cat bait with added tranqualizer or poisen to catch/dispose of
>wild cats that
>are killing the wildlife on our property?
>
>How would you recommend to do this?

A group dedicated to rescuing cats is hardly the place to ask about
killing them.

BTW, wild cats are part of the wildlife.

I suspect you are trolling.

T.E.D. )

Barbara
May 28th 04, 07:11 PM
"JaneK" > wrote in message
> can one use a cat bait with added tranqualizer or poisen to catch/dispose
of
> wild cats that
> are killing the wildlife on our property?
>
> How would you recommend to do this?
>
> thank you

I don't think this is an appropriate question for a cat rescue group.

Why don't you call your local Animal Control and think humane solutions?

Feral Cats do not kill very much local wildlife. They are probably more
interested in your trash/garbage.

Or try a Trap/Neuter/Return and then feed them. They may hunt for fun, but
they do not decimate the wildlife. I don't think they are very successful.

We have two colonies of Feral cats where I work. I feed them every day and I
have never seen more birds, mice, possums, skunks, etc.

I also maintain a BLuebird Trail here and have more trouble with House
Sparrows. I never even saw the cats near any of the houses.

Just my opinion.

Barb

Barbara
May 28th 04, 07:11 PM