PDA

View Full Version : Purrs Needed - Banana has Pneumonia

Arthur Shapiro
August 28th 03, 09:42 PM
My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.

Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
any better, so I took her in yesterday.

A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..

Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.

If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.

Art

Lois Reay
August 28th 03, 11:05 PM
Purrs on the way from NZ - hope Banana improves soon.
Best Wishes

Lois

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie
noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been
getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They
kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right
now..

> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem
isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to
skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will
show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the
girl.

> Art

Tanada
August 28th 03, 11:09 PM
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..
>
> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.

Purrs and healing thoughts going out to Banana from us all. Poor girl
has been through the wars, hasn't she? Please keep us updated on her
progress. We do care in here.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

lrulan
August 28th 03, 11:24 PM
Purrs and prayers indeed for poor Banana Sim. We hope he recovers quickly.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie
noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been
getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They
kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right
now..

> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem
isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to
skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will
show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the
girl.

> Art

Yoj
August 28th 03, 11:36 PM
Purrs and warm thoughts are headed Banana's way (with a few to spare for
you).

--
Joy

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in
pain.

> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie
noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly
elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days,
and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been
getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays.
They kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed
via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today
through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right
now..

> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem
isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears
to skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously
I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm
will show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the
girl.

> Art

Victor M. Martinez
August 28th 03, 11:37 PM
Purrs for a speedy recovery!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Shirley
August 29th 03, 12:00 AM
Purrs and warm thoughts for Banana to recover quickly.

She is very regal looking.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored,
constantly audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in
pain.

> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather
eerie noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly
elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days,
and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't
been getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays.
They kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications
air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today
through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there
right now..

> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me)
problem isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her
ears to skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously
I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm
will show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for
the girl.

> Art

Karen Chuplis
August 29th 03, 12:46 AM
in article , Arthur Shapiro at
wrote on 8/28/03 3:42 PM:

> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..
>
> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.
>
> Art

Very warm thoughts and purrs that Banana is now on the right course to
recovery. I always remember Banana's story.

Karen

Steve Touchstone
August 29th 03, 02:30 AM
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:42:31 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

>My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
>breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
>Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
>were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
>reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
>kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
>antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
>any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
>A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
>her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
>nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
>Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..
>
>Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
>clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
>cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
>hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
>If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
>some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.
>
>Art

Sending purrs that this treatment will in fact clear up her problems

Brenda Watkins
August 29th 03, 02:31 AM
"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie
noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been
getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They
kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right
now..

> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem
isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to
skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will
show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the
girl.

> Art

purrs enroute.
Brenda

Cheryl
August 29th 03, 03:30 AM
"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message

> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm
will show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for
the girl.

> Art

Purrs for poor Banana. Thanks for sharing her story and I love the
manx heart-shaped face. Even without ears she is an exotic beauty.
She is lucky to have you and I'm sure that the feeling is mutual.

Marina
August 29th 03, 05:19 AM
"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote
<snip>

> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They
kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right
now..
<snip>

Many purrs for poor Banana that this treatment helps clear up her problem.
She looks like such a sweet girl.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Helen Wheels
August 29th 03, 06:35 AM
Arthur Shapiro wrote:
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.

<snip>

Purrs for the very beautiful Banana to feel better soon. There's
something special about those older cats.
Helen Wheels

polonca12000
August 29th 03, 12:24 PM
Oh, Art, I do hope the pneumonia really is mild as the vet said and that
Banana will be feeling better in no time at all. Lots of purrs and best
wishes for her and calming hugs for you,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
<snip>

Arthur Shapiro
August 29th 03, 05:24 PM
In article >, (LOL) wrote:

>She is a beautiful girl - I would love to hear how she got her name.

Thanks for the good wishes, folks. You can still hear her 20 feet away, and
she had lost a good half pound (10 3/4) when we first took her in. I'm
getting quite concerned as the days stretch on.

Regarding her name, well, she was a victim of that name. In the mid-80's I
had a couple business trips to a client in New Orleans. Let's just say that
we had some problems comprehending the incredibly thick southern accents down
there. I could tell some stories about that you wouldn't believe. But this
company had an astounding number of pages over the PA system - people were
constantly being summoned. I remember that the one that got the most pages
seemed to be "No Avail", which seemed funny for a business; I was told that
was "Nora Bell", which is just within the realm of believeability.

Another time, I was astonished to hear, plain as day, a page for "Ring A Ding
Queer". I immediately thought that would be a great cat's name, but haven't
done it yet. My host swore up and down that it was a page for a French name
"Mary de Kwa" (or however it would be spelled in French) but there's no way
I'd confuse "Mary" with "Ring a Ding".

Then it happened. Over the intercom, perfectly clear, was a page for "Banana
Simian". The people with whom I was dealing didn't notice the page - guess it
wasn't for them - and consequently couldn't translate "Banana Simian" into
English for me. I never heard the name paged again. But this too seemed like
a perfect name for a cat. I kept it in the back of my mind as various cats
entered my life, and this time it just seemed appropriate for reasons I
couldn't really begin to tell you.

Art

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 29th 03, 06:19 PM
Poor Banana. Here's purring that her pneumonia will be cleared up
quickly and she will be back to feeling good in no time flat.

Ginger-lyn

Shapiro) wrote:

>My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
>breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
>Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
>were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
>reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
>kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
>antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
>any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
>A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
>her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
>nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
>Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..
>
>Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
>clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
>cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
>hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
>If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
>some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.
>
>Art

Bob M
August 29th 03, 07:49 PM
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>
> Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
> were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
> reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
> kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
> antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
> any better, so I took her in yesterday.
>
> A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
> her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
> nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
> Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..
>
> Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
> clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
> cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
> hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.
>
> If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
> some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.
>
> Art

Purrs from Psycho and Mouse here in Dallas,Texas. Banana is beautiful.

Bob

Arthur Shapiro
September 6th 03, 09:45 PM
In article >, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
>My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
>breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.

It's pretty grim around here.

The pneumonia was cleared up fairly easily, but the labored breathing
remained. It was fairly obvious that the antibotics and daily respiratory
theraputic treatments weren't helping.

Yesterday I spent five hours at a veterinary imaging center for a CAT scan.

Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the nasal/sinus area,
although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few days.

She hasn't eaten since coming home, and is really not breathing well at all.
I was resigned to putting her down today, but in consultation with the regular
vet we're going to try that old standby, short-acting steroid shots, in hopes
of alleviating things and buying a few days. I'm going to go over just before
closing.

Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with me have
been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's apparently
going to receive.

Art

Tanada
September 6th 03, 10:04 PM
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

> It's pretty grim around here.

Purrs and healing thoughts for you and for Banana. Cancer is no fun,
however, it may not be as grim as it currently looks. Please take care
of yourself and Banana. Our hearts go out to you. Let us know how
you're going on, and keep us informed about Banana.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Karen Chuplis
September 6th 03, 10:06 PM
in article 3Ir6b.17810$n94.13417@fed1read04, Arthur Shapiro at
wrote on 9/6/03 3:45 PM:

> In article >,
> (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
>> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
>> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>>
> It's pretty grim around here.
>
> The pneumonia was cleared up fairly easily, but the labored breathing
> remained. It was fairly obvious that the antibotics and daily respiratory
> theraputic treatments weren't helping.
>
> Yesterday I spent five hours at a veterinary imaging center for a CAT scan.
>
> Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
> constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the nasal/sinus area,
> although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few days.
>
> She hasn't eaten since coming home, and is really not breathing well at all.
> I was resigned to putting her down today, but in consultation with the regular
> vet we're going to try that old standby, short-acting steroid shots, in hopes
> of alleviating things and buying a few days. I'm going to go over just before
> closing.
>
> Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with me have
> been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's apparently
> going to receive.
>
> Art

Oh Art, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Bananas has at least know 6 and half
years of happiness with you and a lot of cats can't say that. My thoughts
are with you and your family.

Karen

Hopitus2
September 6th 03, 11:52 PM
Tears in our eyes for Banana....loving, warm, healing purrs beaming up for
her from here.

"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
: in article 3Ir6b.17810$n94.13417@fed1read04, Arthur Shapiro at
: wrote on 9/6/03 3:45 PM:
:
: > In article >,
: > (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
: >> My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
: >> breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in
pain.
: >>
: > It's pretty grim around here.
: >
[...]

September 7th 03, 12:25 AM
So sorry to hear about the results of the tests. Purrs for some good
results from the steriod treatments

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:45:53 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

>In article >, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
>>My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
>>breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>>
>It's pretty grim around here.
>
>The pneumonia was cleared up fairly easily, but the labored breathing
>remained. It was fairly obvious that the antibotics and daily respiratory
>theraputic treatments weren't helping.
>
>Yesterday I spent five hours at a veterinary imaging center for a CAT scan.
>
>Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
>constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the nasal/sinus area,
>although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few days.
>
>She hasn't eaten since coming home, and is really not breathing well at all.
>I was resigned to putting her down today, but in consultation with the regular
>vet we're going to try that old standby, short-acting steroid shots, in hopes
>of alleviating things and buying a few days. I'm going to go over just before
>closing.
>
>Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with me have
>been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's apparently
>going to receive.
>
>Art

Christine Burel
September 7th 03, 06:00 AM
My heartfelt wishes and purrs from my kitties for you and Banana that you
may find some viable treatment for her.
Christine

(Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
> >My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> >breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.
> >
> It's pretty grim around here.
>
> The pneumonia was cleared up fairly easily, but the labored breathing
> remained. It was fairly obvious that the antibotics and daily respiratory
> theraputic treatments weren't helping.
>
> Yesterday I spent five hours at a veterinary imaging center for a CAT
scan.

> Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
> constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the nasal/sinus
area,
> although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few
days.

> She hasn't eaten since coming home, and is really not breathing well at
all.
> I was resigned to putting her down today, but in consultation with the
regular
> vet we're going to try that old standby, short-acting steroid shots, in
hopes
> of alleviating things and buying a few days. I'm going to go over just
before
> closing.
>
> Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with me
have
> been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's apparently
> going to receive.
>
> Art

Yoj
September 7th 03, 09:05 AM
I hurt for both of you. Purrs and sympathy.

--
Joy

(Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
> >My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly
audible
> >breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in
pain.

> It's pretty grim around here.
>
> The pneumonia was cleared up fairly easily, but the labored breathing
> remained. It was fairly obvious that the antibotics and daily
respiratory
> theraputic treatments weren't helping.
>
> Yesterday I spent five hours at a veterinary imaging center for a CAT
scan.

> Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
> constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the
nasal/sinus area,
> although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few
days.

> She hasn't eaten since coming home, and is really not breathing well
at all.
> I was resigned to putting her down today, but in consultation with the
regular
> vet we're going to try that old standby, short-acting steroid shots,
in hopes
> of alleviating things and buying a few days. I'm going to go over
just before
> closing.
>
> Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with
me have
> been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's
apparently
> going to receive.
>
> Art

Lisa Katt
September 7th 03, 11:20 AM
Marina skrev i meddelandet ...

>"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote
><snip for length>
>>
>> Banana has had a pretty tough life, although the last 6 1/2 years with me
>have
>> been happy ones I think. She deserves a better fate than she's
apparently
>> going to receive.
>
>I'm so sorry to hear your news. We will be purring for Banana to be as
>comfortable as possible, and you to have the strength to do what's best for
>her when the time comes.
>
>--
>Marina, Frank and Nikki

What Marina said. And purrs!!!!
from Elisabet and Hugo Katt

polonca12000
September 7th 03, 05:16 PM
Lots of best wishes and hopes for the test results to be negative and hugs
for you for taking such good care of Banana,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Arthur Shapiro" > wrote in message
<snip>> Poor Banana has something, almost certainly cancer, thickening and
> constricting her windpipe. Something else is growing in the nasal/sinus
area,
> although it isn't as urgent an issue. Biopsies will be back in a few
days.

Ginger-lyn Summer
September 7th 03, 05:57 PM
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:45:53 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

{{{Art}}} I am so sorry. I hope the steroids help, even if only for a
bit. You and banana are in my thoughts.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

SUQKRT