PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gem (Patty?) Gets Smart

David Yehudah
August 29th 03, 07:35 PM
Annie, this sounds so much like my wife I edited it to apply. . .well,
read it and see what you think. :-)

Annie Benson-Lennaman wrote:
> Or rather, Patty is starting to show real sign that she is smart. I'd
> always suspected it, of course. Of course one could take the position that the reason she's alive is
> because she was the only one stupid enough to get caught (she don't know that the local humans around
> here prefer fried chicken and mashed potatoes to scrawny starving
Tanglefoot), but I have never
> [...]
> move it. I nailed it to the threshold from our living room to the
> dining room. She immediately checked it out, and started pulling on it
> trying to... well, I'm not sure what she was trying to do, but whatever
> it was, she really wanted to do it. But before very long, she ran into
> the living room and climbed up on a chair that was fairly close to it
> and approached it from a different angle! Ah ha! Smart Patty!
>
> She's showing other signs. She found the litter box in the bathroom
> without my showing it to her, and started using it (she has her own
> litterbox in the bedroom). Actually, come to think on it, I never
> really showed her that that was the place to do her business, either.
> She just knew. She's getting pretty good at finding toys that get lost
> behind the desk or sofa. And I only had to show her the "cat shelf"
> where the sun shines in the morning once.
>
> But this is my very, very favorite one. She was laying on the bed
> when I came in to give her a pat. I saw that she
> was out of food, and she asked me to give her some more. As I reached into
> the drawer where the bag is and poured the pellets into her bowl, she
> began to purr much louder. She didn't go to bowl; she wasn't hungry.
> The bowl had only very recently been emptied. She just stayed where she
> was purring like mad. I have to conclude that she was content with the
> knowledge her needs would continue to be met the next time she got
> hungry. She was happy that I was showing her that I wouldn't let her
> starve. Maybe even grateful. Such a good Patty!
>
> Well, it would take her a while to starve, now. She's actually got
> what can only be described as a little pot belly, the kind you would
> hope to see on a little Patty. I swear I can almost see her getting bigger
> daily. She's showing other signs of recovery as well. When she first
> left the safety of the bedroom, I rarely saw her... she spent most of
> her time under stuff. If I approached her, she would run. Now she is
> starting to sprawl out on top of furniture instead of always under it.
> It is getting easier to pet her and even catch her, though she still
> doesn't really like to be held (but loves to be petted when she is lying
> on something). Her breathing is still bad... but most of the time that
> doesn't seem to slow her down very much. The next time I talk to the
> vet, I will ask about that supplement (lysine, or something like that?
> I saved the post) and ask if that can help.
>
> But even if it doesn't, it's hard to think that she doesn't feel she has
> a good life when she is laying on her back, purring, and waving her paws
> over her pot belly!
>
> --
> Annie
>
> Currently playing:
> Teapray-- 43 High Elf Cleric on Firiona Vie
>
> Lentea-- 27 Ogre Beastlord On Firiona Vie
>
> --
> If you can't figure out my email address, you're not supposed to write

Tanada
August 29th 03, 10:03 PM
David Yehudah wrote:

> Annie, this sounds so much like my wife I edited it to apply. . .well,
> read it and see what you think. :-)

I hope you got air conditioning installed in your d*g house, Dave. I'm
sure Patty will send you right out there, without your supper, after she
reads this one.

Pam S.

David Yehudah
August 30th 03, 05:35 PM
Whattya mean, "after she reads this one?"

Tanada wrote:
> David Yehudah wrote:
>
>>Annie, this sounds so much like my wife I edited it to apply. . .well,
>>read it and see what you think. :-)
>>

> I hope you got air conditioning installed in your d*g house, Dave. I'm
> sure Patty will send you right out there, without your supper, after she
> reads this one.
>
> Pam S.

Tanada
August 30th 03, 07:00 PM
You mean she already has you living in the d*g house? Daaaavvvveee, you
know better. You won't be out before Hanukah at this rate.

Pam S.