PDA

View Full Version : Bandit's Boo-boo - More Pictures

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 05:49 PM
Cats are truly amazing - not that I have to tell you guys that!

Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).

Again, gross-out warning for those of you who don't like this kind of stuff,
but interesting for the vet techs and others who like medical stuff. Here
are pictures of the wound. It looks *SO* much better than it did just two
days ago! It's dry, no weeping or drainage, no redness or puffiness - it's
well on its way to being healed (I am ecstatic!!). You can also see by her
demeanor that she is perking up a lot too.

Pictures from today:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo_Two/

Pictures from 2 days ago to compare:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo/

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Mary
March 12th 05, 05:57 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Cats are truly amazing - not that I have to tell you guys that!
>
> Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
> morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
> need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
> perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).
>
> Again, gross-out warning for those of you who don't like this kind of
stuff,
> but interesting for the vet techs and others who like medical stuff. Here
> are pictures of the wound. It looks *SO* much better than it did just two
> days ago! It's dry, no weeping or drainage, no redness or puffiness -
it's
> well on its way to being healed (I am ecstatic!!). You can also see by
her
> demeanor that she is perking up a lot too.
>
> Pictures from today:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo_Two/
>
> Pictures from 2 days ago to compare:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo/

Lori, that is wonderful. I know you feel good. She looks happier
too. Way to go!!

ElvisRocks
March 12th 05, 09:24 PM
OMG! Your cats are gorgeous! Bandit looks just like my Maine Coon, Fonzie
I had
years & years ago.
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Cats are truly amazing - not that I have to tell you guys that!
>
> Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
> morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
> need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
> perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).
>
> Again, gross-out warning for those of you who don't like this kind of
> stuff,
> but interesting for the vet techs and others who like medical stuff. Here
> are pictures of the wound. It looks *SO* much better than it did just two
> days ago! It's dry, no weeping or drainage, no redness or puffiness -
> it's
> well on its way to being healed (I am ecstatic!!). You can also see by
> her
> demeanor that she is perking up a lot too.
>
> Pictures from today:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo_Two/
>
> Pictures from 2 days ago to compare:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo/
>

> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 09:31 PM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> OMG! Your cats are gorgeous! Bandit looks just like my Maine Coon,
Fonzie
> I had
> years & years ago.

Thank you - *they* certainly think so! ;> I *LOVE* Maine Coons - both
Bandit and Sammy have more than a bit in their ancestry, I believe. But all
my babies are rescues.

Hugs,

CatNipped

kitkat
March 12th 05, 09:35 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
>
>>OMG! Your cats are gorgeous! Bandit looks just like my Maine Coon,
>
> Fonzie
>
>>I had
>>years & years ago.
>

> Thank you - *they* certainly think so! ;> I *LOVE* Maine Coons - both
> Bandit and Sammy have more than a bit in their ancestry, I believe. But all
> my babies are rescues.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

My favorite of all the pics are of Demi as a kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your cats are FABULOUS!! :)

Pam

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 09:44 PM
"kitkat" > wrote in message

> My favorite of all the pics are of Demi as a kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Your cats are FABULOUS!! :)
>
> Pam

Yeah, she was a cutie! But my favorite of Demi is the top picture on this
page: http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Demi5/ that was in her full
winter coat - gorgeous!

Thank you. I think they're great too, there's just not enough of them!! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

ElvisRocks
March 12th 05, 10:26 PM
Fonzie was an SPCA boy but the vet thought he was a pure bred Maine Coon.
He was HUGE! 36" from his nose to the end of his tail!

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
>> OMG! Your cats are gorgeous! Bandit looks just like my Maine Coon,
> Fonzie
>> I had
>> years & years ago.
>
> Thank you - *they* certainly think so! ;> I *LOVE* Maine Coons - both
> Bandit and Sammy have more than a bit in their ancestry, I believe. But
> all
> my babies are rescues.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Joe Canuck
March 12th 05, 10:59 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> Cats are truly amazing - not that I have to tell you guys that!
>
> Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
> morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
> need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
> perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).
>
> Again, gross-out warning for those of you who don't like this kind of stuff,
> but interesting for the vet techs and others who like medical stuff. Here
> are pictures of the wound. It looks *SO* much better than it did just two
> days ago! It's dry, no weeping or drainage, no redness or puffiness - it's
> well on its way to being healed (I am ecstatic!!). You can also see by her
> demeanor that she is perking up a lot too.
>
> Pictures from today:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo_Two/
>
> Pictures from 2 days ago to compare:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo/
>

> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

I don't know what the surgery was for... as I have not be following all
the threads in here but that incision looks rather nasty.

They used subcutaneous sutures on my female Ragdoll for her spay several
years ago. It was all very clean with no return visit for suture removal.

I'm pleased to hear that it is healing!

Good luck!

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 11:01 PM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Fonzie was an SPCA boy but the vet thought he was a pure bred Maine Coon.
> He was HUGE! 36" from his nose to the end of his tail!

That sounds like my Samantha. Sammy is only 11 months old, but she's
*HUGE*. She can stand on her hind feet and put her front feet on my kitchen
counter! You can get an idea of her size here:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Squirrel/. The top of the bottom
half of the window she's standing at is 26" high. And she weighs 15+
pounds.

She also has all the other Maine Coon characteristics - an extremely thick,
plush (the softest I've ever felt) coat that repels water (it just beads up
and rolls off like a duck), lots and lots of tufts of hair on the bottom of
her (*HUGE* - over an inch in diameter) paws (which act as snowshoes for
MCs), a loooooong, bushy tail that wraps completely around her (to help keep
MCs warm when sleeping), lots of tufts of hair on the inside of her ears
(again for warmth), a high-pitched squeaky meow, and she loves to play in
water.

So even though she's a rescue, I would bet all those MC genes came to the
fore in her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 11:34 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message

> I don't know what the surgery was for... as I have not be following all
> the threads in here but that incision looks rather nasty.
>
> They used subcutaneous sutures on my female Ragdoll for her spay several
> years ago. It was all very clean with no return visit for suture removal.
>
> I'm pleased to hear that it is healing!
>
> Good luck!

It was a long horror story starting with when she went in for a routine
teeth cleaning on Feb. 25th.

The problem is that Bandit is a *BAD* cat. She screams like a mountain lion
and backs it up by biting or scratching down to the bone. At another vet's
office, quite a few years ago, it was "policy" that the owner not hold the
pet for insurance reasons. I tried to tell them that it was a mistake and
to let me hold her, that I would not hold them liable if she injured me, but
it was no go. The vet tech put on leather gloves and tried to hold her
down. She managed to flip around in his hands and, with her back claws,
laid his arm open down to the bone from elbow to wrist. He must have needed
more than 50 stitches. Blood was everywhere - I was horrified. Later, I
demonstrated to the vet my technique of flipping her over, burying my face
in her belly and, shaking my face back and forth, murmuring "bugga, bugga,
bugga". The vet didn't argue with me any more about holding her myself.

Anyway, with this history, the vet techs at my new vet were too afraid of
her to check on her and turn her like they should have while she was in
recovery from the anesthetic after the teeth cleaning. They had wrapped her
in towel and set her on a fluid-filled heating pad. She must have moved the
towel and was laying, sedated, directly on the heating pad. When she got
home that day I didn't see anything wrong. For the next couple of days she
was grouchy and hissy-spitty, but that's normal for Bandit. I'd been
working 12 hour days and I just figured she was having a touch of arthritis,
so I left her alone. Last Monday I picked her up and noticed a wet feeling
on her belly and an awful smell. Since she is a long-haired cat I thought
she had squatted too low in the litter box and had gotten wet litter stuck
to her belly.

I got out the brush and turned her over to clean her belly and I got the
shock of my life. She had an area, 2 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches long that
had lost all hair and was oozing fluids. She had been burned and the burn
had turned gangrenous. I felt awful!!!! I can't imagine how she hid this
from me for 10 days! I felt like the biggest sh*t on the planet and
wallowed in guilt while I started throwing on clothes and screaming for my
husband to get downstairs.

We rushed her to the emergency vet that night and then brought her to her
regular vet the next day. The vet, who admitted it was their fault even
before we could, reimbursed us for the emergency vet bill. The next morning
(last Wednesday), she performed surgery to cut out all the necrotic tissue
(we were lucky that it didn't extend to the subcutaneous layer of skin which
still had good vascular flow). Anyway, she's on the mend now, the vet techs
got chewed out supremely, the vet couldn't have been more apologetic for
what Bandit had to go through, and hopefully all will be well in the end.

Hugs,

CatNipped

ElvisRocks
March 12th 05, 11:38 PM
What was the burn from????

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> from me for 10 days! I felt like the biggest sh*t on the planet and
> wallowed in guilt while I started throwing on clothes and screaming for my
> husband to get downstairs.
>
> We rushed her to the emergency vet that night and then brought her to her
> regular vet the next day. The vet, who admitted it was their fault even
> before we could, reimbursed us for the emergency vet bill. The next
> morning
> (last Wednesday), she performed surgery to cut out all the necrotic tissue
> (we were lucky that it didn't extend to the subcutaneous layer of skin
> which
> still had good vascular flow). Anyway, she's on the mend now, the vet
> techs
> got chewed out supremely, the vet couldn't have been more apologetic for
> what Bandit had to go through, and hopefully all will be well in the end.

CatNipped
March 12th 05, 11:41 PM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> What was the burn from????

The heating pad. It's the reason they warn you not to fall asleep on a
heating pad. It doesn't feel hot at first, but just like a pot simmering on
a burner turned on low, the accumulation of heat over time will cook the
skin!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Rhonda
March 12th 05, 11:59 PM
Your Bandit is such a gorgeous cat. I'll give you $50 for her! :)

At first I thought you used a picture editor on her eyes, they are such
an incredible color.

She's pretty amazing to just lay there on her back while you touch her
tummy. She must be very easy-going, except at the vet's?

I'm very relieved she's sailing through all of this,

Rhonda

CatNipped wrote:

> Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
> morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
> need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
> perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 12:10 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Your Bandit is such a gorgeous cat. I'll give you $50 for her! :)
>
> At first I thought you used a picture editor on her eyes, they are such
> an incredible color.

On a few of them I had to use Photoshop to get out "red eye", so they may
look funny, but most of them show her natural color.

> She's pretty amazing to just lay there on her back while you touch her
> tummy. She must be very easy-going, except at the vet's?

ROTFLMAO! No, not hardly - not even with my husband, only with me. We
always warn guests not to go near her. Once we had this guy over who owned
two big pit bulls and we told him to stay away from her. He laughed and
when my husband and I went into the kitchen to get some drinks for everyone
he walked by her and moved his foot at her like he was going to poke her.
She let out her trademark cougar scream and took off after him. My husband
and I heard her screaming and him screaming and rushed back into the room to
see him standing on the back rest of our sofa hugging the wall and screaming
like a little girl to "Get her away from me, get her away from me!" ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> I'm very relieved she's sailing through all of this,
>
> Rhonda

Betsy
March 13th 05, 12:53 AM
you made that up :)

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>> Your Bandit is such a gorgeous cat. I'll give you $50 for her! :)
>>
>> At first I thought you used a picture editor on her eyes, they are such
>> an incredible color.
>
> On a few of them I had to use Photoshop to get out "red eye", so they may
> look funny, but most of them show her natural color.
>
>> She's pretty amazing to just lay there on her back while you touch her
>> tummy. She must be very easy-going, except at the vet's?
>
> ROTFLMAO! No, not hardly - not even with my husband, only with me. We
> always warn guests not to go near her. Once we had this guy over who
> owned
> two big pit bulls and we told him to stay away from her. He laughed and
> when my husband and I went into the kitchen to get some drinks for
> everyone
> he walked by her and moved his foot at her like he was going to poke her.
> She let out her trademark cougar scream and took off after him. My
> husband
> and I heard her screaming and him screaming and rushed back into the room
> see him standing on the back rest of our sofa hugging the wall and
> screaming
> like a little girl to "Get her away from me, get her away from me!" ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
>> I'm very relieved she's sailing through all of this,
>>
>> Rhonda

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 01:21 AM
"Betsy" -0> wrote in message
> you made that up :)

Nope, I swear it's the truth - funniest thing I ever saw in my life!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Betsy
March 13th 05, 03:07 AM
In spite of my remark, I believe you.

Ferdinand has always been a screamer, and won't tolerate anyone but me
either. When he was young and at the vet for a routine booster, I asked for
a towel so I could hold him down. The vet, cocky, said, "Oh, no, I do this
everyday". I said, "You don't know Ferd". Trust me, he said.

Ferd saw the needle, let out a scream that would curdle blood, slipped
through the vets hands like a greased pig, flipped up into the air, and as
he came down he hit the doorknob. He took off running through the vet
practice, which was under construction. We chased him while he screamed and
dashed, limping. When caught behind some stacked up drywall, it was
discovered that he had broken his leg in the hip socket, and it couldn't be
repaired--he had to just mend and form a "false joint". I only hope that
was the truth.

I don't think I ever went back to that vet after he fixed Ferd up. But that
was almost 17 years ago--he still walks funny, he still screams, and nobody
can pet him but me. And he'll attack me out of the blue when
overstimulated.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> from me for 10 days! I felt like the biggest sh*t on the planet and
> wallowed in guilt while I started throwing on clothes and screaming for my
> husband to get downstairs.
>
> We rushed her to the emergency vet that night and then brought her to her
> regular vet the next day. The vet, who admitted it was their fault even
> before we could, reimbursed us for the emergency vet bill. The next
> morning
> (last Wednesday), she performed surgery to cut out all the necrotic tissue
> (we were lucky that it didn't extend to the subcutaneous layer of skin
> which
> still had good vascular flow). Anyway, she's on the mend now, the vet
> techs
> got chewed out supremely, the vet couldn't have been more apologetic for
> what Bandit had to go through, and hopefully all will be well in the end.

Karen
March 13th 05, 03:20 AM
in article , Betsy at -0 wrote on
3/12/05 9:07 PM:

> In spite of my remark, I believe you.
>
> Ferdinand has always been a screamer, and won't tolerate anyone but me
> either. When he was young and at the vet for a routine booster, I asked for
> a towel so I could hold him down. The vet, cocky, said, "Oh, no, I do this
> everyday". I said, "You don't know Ferd". Trust me, he said.
>
> Ferd saw the needle, let out a scream that would curdle blood, slipped
> through the vets hands like a greased pig, flipped up into the air, and as
> he came down he hit the doorknob. He took off running through the vet
> practice, which was under construction. We chased him while he screamed and
> dashed, limping. When caught behind some stacked up drywall, it was
> discovered that he had broken his leg in the hip socket, and it couldn't be
> repaired--he had to just mend and form a "false joint". I only hope that
> was the truth.
>
> I don't think I ever went back to that vet after he fixed Ferd up. But that
> was almost 17 years ago--he still walks funny, he still screams, and nobody
> can pet him but me. And he'll attack me out of the blue when
> overstimulated.

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Poor baby :( I bet that vet actually listened better to
owners after that.

Elizabeth Blake
March 13th 05, 03:28 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Cats are truly amazing - not that I have to tell you guys that!
>
> Bandit is getting better at an incredible rate. I went to the vet this
> morning to pick up some more pain meds, but I don't think she's going to
> need them. She hasn't had one since last night and she seems to be quite
> perky and feeling well (you can see it in her face in these pictures).
>
> Again, gross-out warning for those of you who don't like this kind of
stuff,
> but interesting for the vet techs and others who like medical stuff. Here
> are pictures of the wound. It looks *SO* much better than it did just two
> days ago! It's dry, no weeping or drainage, no redness or puffiness -
it's
> well on its way to being healed (I am ecstatic!!). You can also see by
her
> demeanor that she is perking up a lot too.
>
> Pictures from today:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo_Two/
>
> Pictures from 2 days ago to compare:
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Boo_Boo/

Bandit is a beauty!

My cat Tiger had a breast tumor removed in October, and her incision looked
a lot like Bandit's, only a little lower and more to the side. I was
horrified when I saw it. The night I was able to take Tiger home, she was
acting as if nothing had happened. She wanted food, she wanted attention.
She healed incredibly fast & well, and she's not a young cat (she'll be15 in
April). She was so happy to be home. She's an excellent patient but when I
brought her back to have her stitches removed, and again for a follow-up,
she started trying to escape from the exam room whenever she had a chance.
She was also growling at the vet, which she had never done before.

--
Liz

Rhonda
March 13th 05, 07:33 AM
Wow!

That is the kind of thing that can scar you for life. :)

Did you have to pay for the guy's therapy after that?

Rhonda

CatNipped wrote:

> She let out her trademark cougar scream and took off after him. My husband
> and I heard her screaming and him screaming and rushed back into the room to
> see him standing on the back rest of our sofa hugging the wall and screaming
> like a little girl to "Get her away from me, get her away from me!" ;>

Joe Canuck
March 13th 05, 12:30 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> [...]
> had turned gangrenous. I felt awful!!!! I can't imagine how she hid this
> from me for 10 days! I felt like the biggest sh*t on the planet and
> wallowed in guilt while I started throwing on clothes and screaming for my
> husband to get downstairs.
>
> We rushed her to the emergency vet that night and then brought her to her
> regular vet the next day. The vet, who admitted it was their fault even
> before we could, reimbursed us for the emergency vet bill. The next morning
> (last Wednesday), she performed surgery to cut out all the necrotic tissue
> (we were lucky that it didn't extend to the subcutaneous layer of skin which
> still had good vascular flow). Anyway, she's on the mend now, the vet techs
> got chewed out supremely, the vet couldn't have been more apologetic for
> what Bandit had to go through, and hopefully all will be well in the end.

Oh. My. God.

The vet clinic who are supposed to help animals causes further injury.
They are supposed to be monitoring the animals for issues just like
this... that is why they are left in their care. This very likely would
not have happened had you been taking care of her at home.

I'd be ****ed.

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 02:35 PM
"Betsy" -0> wrote in message
> In spite of my remark, I believe you.
>
> Ferdinand has always been a screamer, and won't tolerate anyone but me
> either. When he was young and at the vet for a routine booster, I asked
for
> a towel so I could hold him down. The vet, cocky, said, "Oh, no, I do
this
> everyday". I said, "You don't know Ferd". Trust me, he said.
>
> Ferd saw the needle, let out a scream that would curdle blood, slipped
> through the vets hands like a greased pig, flipped up into the air, and as
> he came down he hit the doorknob. He took off running through the vet
> practice, which was under construction. We chased him while he screamed
and
> dashed, limping. When caught behind some stacked up drywall, it was
> discovered that he had broken his leg in the hip socket, and it couldn't
be
> repaired--he had to just mend and form a "false joint". I only hope that
> was the truth.
>
> I don't think I ever went back to that vet after he fixed Ferd up. But
that
> was almost 17 years ago--he still walks funny, he still screams, and
nobody
> can pet him but me. And he'll attack me out of the blue when
> overstimulated.

Oh! Poor baby. I *HATE* it when a vet (or my doctor) doesn't listen to me.
After all, I've been *living* with this cat 24/7 for 15 years. What makes
him think he can control her better than me??! Same thing with doctors -
I'm living inside of this body, I know what's normal for me and what's not
[my "normal" temperature is 96.8F - always has been, I joke that it's
because I'm dyslexic - so if the doctor takes my temperature and it's 98.6
than I have a low-grade fever, but does he believe that - NO!].

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 02:37 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message

> Oh. My. God.
>
> The vet clinic who are supposed to help animals causes further injury.
> They are supposed to be monitoring the animals for issues just like
> this... that is why they are left in their care. This very likely would
> not have happened had you been taking care of her at home.
>
> I'd be ****ed.

Yeah, I was - I'm even more so this morning after I found an additional burn
on her back! But what can you do - the vet tech made a huge mistake (out of
fear of her), and was thoroughly chewed out because of it. Treatment was
free, and there's not much else I can do. Even if Bandit had died (gawd
forbid) the most you can do in the US is sue for the value of the animal -
lost "property"!! :<

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 02:38 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Wow!
>
> That is the kind of thing that can scar you for life. :)
>
> Did you have to pay for the guy's therapy after that?
>
> Rhonda

LOL! No, but strangely he never visited our house again and I think he
developed a twitch in his left eye every time he saw a cat after that! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 03:23 PM
"Diane L. Schirf" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> In article >,
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
> > my "normal" temperature is 96.8F
>
> Mine is, too. And when it approaches "normal" of 98.6ºF, then I usually
> start feeling hot and sick.

Yep, and how hard is it to convince a doctor that you're running almost 2
degrees of temperature when you're registering "normal" on the
thermometer??!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> http://www.slywy.com/

Karen
March 13th 05, 04:55 PM
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 3/13/05 9:23AM:

> "Diane L. Schirf" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> In article >,
>> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>>
>>> my "normal" temperature is 96.8F
>>
>> Mine is, too. And when it approaches "normal" of 98.6ºF, then I usually
>> start feeling hot and sick.
>
> Yep, and how hard is it to convince a doctor that you're running almost 2
> degrees of temperature when you're registering "normal" on the
> thermometer??!!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
>> --
>> http://www.slywy.com/

Both my father and sister had low normal temps. I don't think it is
uncommon. I don't know why a doctor would not believe that!

Betsy
March 13th 05, 05:05 PM
Wow, so is mine. I wonder if it is related to being cat people? Kind of
like low blood pressure (which I no longer have!) <bg>

"Diane L. Schirf" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> In article >,
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
>> my "normal" temperature is 96.8F
>
> Mine is, too. And when it approaches "normal" of 98.6ºF, then I usually
> start feeling hot and sick.
>
> --
> http://www.slywy.com/

Mary
March 13th 05, 05:12 PM
"Diane L. Schirf" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> In article >,
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
> > my "normal" temperature is 96.8F
>
> Mine is, too. And when it approaches "normal" of 98.6ºF, then I usually
> start feeling hot and sick.
>
> --

Mine is 99.8. All the time, unless I have a fever.