PDA

View Full Version : Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat

Phil P.
March 13th 05, 10:15 AM
"NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His
Cat

Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat attack. He
was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police, Stanton, 29,
was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen counter.
Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor, causing it to
fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an Upper
Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for treatment.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."

Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting even! LOL! Now
watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in Michigan
because of that moron's stupidity.

Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their proposal
to shoot cats.

Phil

March 13th 05, 02:49 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being Shot
By His
> Cat
>
> Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
> POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005
>
> BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat
attack. He
> was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police, Stanton,
29,
> was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen
counter.
> Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor, causing
it to
> fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an
Upper
> Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for
treatment.
> Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material
> may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
>
> Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting even!
LOL! Now
> watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in
Michigan
> because of that moron's stupidity.
>
> Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their
proposal
> to shoot cats.
>
> Phil

Well, I think it's pretty funny, too. The guy actually should be
charged with something -- I don't know what -- extreme stupidity? Cat
endangerment? Who leaves a loaded piece on the counter while they're
cooking?
I wouldn't admit this anywhere but this group, but the initial, first
thought that popped into my brain was "I'm glad the cat wasn't shot."

Sherry

CatNipped
March 13th 05, 03:20 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
ink.net...
> "NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His
> Cat
>
> Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
> POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005
>
> BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat attack. He
> was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police, Stanton, 29,
> was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen counter.
> Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor, causing it to
> fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an Upper
> Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for treatment.
> Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
> may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
>
> Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting even! LOL!
Now
> watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in Michigan
> because of that moron's stupidity.
>
> Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their proposal
> to shoot cats.
>
> Phil

This guy is blaming the cat for his own stupidity. Dropping a 9mm handgun
will not make it go off. Maybe a revolver with the trigger guard removed
and a hair-trigger, but not a 9 mm. He either shot himself or his
girlfriend shot him when she caught him boffing somebody else. The cat is
innocent! The man is stupid!! The press may have fell for it because it
was a catchy headline and a slow news day, but the police won't buy it for a
second!

Hugs,

CatNipped

sarah
March 13th 05, 04:28 PM
Why does such a person feel the need to have a loaded gun beside them whilst
they cook dinner?

Serves him right for being so stupid. An innocent passerby could have copped
it instead. Or more importantly - a cat!

sarah

Mary
March 13th 05, 04:58 PM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:15:54 GMT, "Phil P." > wrote:
>
> >"NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By
His
> >Cat
> >
> >Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
> >POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005
> >
> >BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat attack.
He
> >was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police, Stanton, 29,
> >was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen counter.
> >Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor, causing it to
> >fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an Upper
> >Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for treatment.
> >Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material
> >may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
> >
> >Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting even! LOL!
Now
> >watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in Michigan
> >because of that moron's stupidity.
> >
> >Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their
proposal
> >to shoot cats.
> >
> >Phil
> >

> That's funny, but this is hilarious:
>
> http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/4272832/detail.html

Hahahahaa!!! You posted his info, too. I know you hope that helped.

Mary
March 13th 05, 05:08 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
> > "NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being Shot
> By His
> > Cat
> >
> > Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
> > POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005
> >
> > BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat
> attack. He
> > was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police, Stanton,
> 29,
> > was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen
> counter.
> > Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor, causing
> it to
> > fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an
> Upper
> > Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for
> treatment.
> > Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
> material
> > may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
> >
> > Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting even!
> LOL! Now
> > watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in
> Michigan
> > because of that moron's stupidity.
> >
> > Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their
> proposal
> > to shoot cats.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Well, I think it's pretty funny, too. The guy actually should be
> charged with something -- I don't know what -- extreme stupidity? Cat
> endangerment? Who leaves a loaded piece on the counter while they're
> cooking?
> I wouldn't admit this anywhere but this group, but the initial, first
> thought that popped into my brain was "I'm glad the cat wasn't shot."

I would admit that anywhere!

Mary
March 13th 05, 05:16 PM
"sarah" > wrote in message
> Why does such a person feel the need to have a loaded gun beside them
whilst
> they cook dinner?

Extremely rare meat? :)

> Serves him right for being so stupid. An innocent passerby could have
copped
> it instead. Or more importantly - a cat!

Amen, sister.

March 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Mary wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Phil P. wrote:
> > > "NBC 4 - Irresistible Headlines - Man Hospitalized After Being
Shot
> > By His
> > > Cat
> > >
> > > Man Hospitalized After Being Shot By His Cat
> > > POSTED: 4:58 am PST March 10, 2005
> > >
> > > BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Joseph Stanton is the victim of a cat
> > attack. He
> > > was shot by his pet cat. According to Michigan State Police,
Stanton,
> > 29,
> > > was cooking and had left a loaded 9 mm handgun on the kitchen
> > counter.
> > > Police said one of Stanton's cats knocked the gun to floor,
causing
> > it to
> > > fire. The man was wounded in the his lower torso and taken to an
> > Upper
> > > Peninsula hospital. Stanton was taken to a county hospital for
> > treatment.
> > > Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
> > material
> > > may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
> > >
> > > Sorry, but I think this is funny. Maybe the cat was getting
even!
> > LOL! Now
> > > watch some asshole try to get a billed passed banning cats in
> > Michigan
> > > because of that moron's stupidity.
> > >
> > > Maybe after a few hunting accidents, Wisconsin will rethink their
> > proposal
> > > to shoot cats.
> > >
> > > Phil
> >
> > Well, I think it's pretty funny, too. The guy actually should be
> > charged with something -- I don't know what -- extreme stupidity?
Cat
> > endangerment? Who leaves a loaded piece on the counter while
they're
> > cooking?
> > I wouldn't admit this anywhere but this group, but the initial,
first
> > thought that popped into my brain was "I'm glad the cat wasn't
shot."

> I would admit that anywhere!

Maybe he was going to cook the cat after he shot it