PDA

View Full Version : Cali :)

ElvisRocks
April 5th 05, 02:39 AM
Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
nasties. She does, however, have
earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.

She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her room.
She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled her butt
& she didn't even pay any attention to him.

I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Mary
April 5th 05, 02:44 AM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
room.
> She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled her
butt
> & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

I share your excitement! A new kitty to get to know! We want lots
of photos. You may have to buy a digital if you don't have one! :)

Karen
April 5th 05, 03:28 AM
in article , ElvisRocks at
wrote on 4/4/05 8:39 PM:

> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her room.
> She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled her butt
> & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Congratualations!

Betsy
April 5th 05, 03:31 AM
Need more pictures! Need more pictures!

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Cathy Friedmann
April 5th 05, 03:32 AM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
room.
> She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled her
butt
> & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Congrats on her arrival, & glad she tested neg. for the nasties! Here's to
a long, happy life for her. :-)

Cathy

.oO rach Oo.
April 5th 05, 04:07 AM
Congrats on the new furry addition to your home. It sounds like she rules by
indifference already!

--
..oO rach Oo.

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

ElvisRocks
April 5th 05, 06:22 PM
Today she was on a chair looking out the window and I put Randi on the chair
with her. He crouched down
but then she started licking his head. It was so cute. Then she rubbed her
head on his and started
licking his ear. So cute.
Are we allowed to send pictures as attachments on here?
C.

".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
.. .
> Congrats on the new furry addition to your home. It sounds like she rules
> by indifference already!
>

> --
> .oO rach Oo.
>

> "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
>> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for
>> the nasties. She does, however, have
>> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
>> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>>
>> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she &
>> Randi already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
>> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
>> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
>> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>>
>> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
>> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
>> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
>> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Slimpickins
April 5th 05, 06:40 PM
"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
room.
> She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled her
butt
> & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

**Congratulations Carole!

I'm so happy for you! That's fantastic that she has a "laid back"
disposition. Wow, that is* really great! That's my* most ideal kind of cat
to have :-)!

Please continue to keep us informed with how she is progressing. So when are
the kittens due?

ML

Slimpickins
April 5th 05, 06:50 PM
Please sent us a picture. I can see them fine although not sure about others
here. I just haaave to see her. :-) I, also, had a wonderfully sweet calico
kitten many years ago and I named her "Cali". She was verrry sweet, and was
a truly special kitty and so, so beautiful! She was a medium hair, and her
markings were such that she looked liked a beautiful painting.

ML

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Today she was on a chair looking out the window and I put Randi on the
chair
> with her. He crouched down
> but then she started licking his head. It was so cute. Then she rubbed
her
> head on his and started
> licking his ear. So cute.
> Are we allowed to send pictures as attachments on here?
> C.
>
> ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Congrats on the new furry addition to your home. It sounds like she
rules
> > by indifference already!
> >

> > --
> > .oO rach Oo.
> >

> > "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> >> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for
> >> the nasties. She does, however, have
> >> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> >> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
> >>
> >> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she &
> >> Randi already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> >> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
> >> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and
smelled
> >> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
> >>
> >> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair
calico.
> >> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> >> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> >> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

.oO rach Oo.
April 5th 05, 10:56 PM
I would love to see a few pics!

--
..oO rach Oo.

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Today she was on a chair looking out the window and I put Randi on the
> chair with her. He crouched down
> but then she started licking his head. It was so cute. Then she rubbed
> her head on his and started
> licking his ear. So cute.
> Are we allowed to send pictures as attachments on here?
> C.
>
> ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Congrats on the new furry addition to your home. It sounds like she rules
>> by indifference already!
>>

>> --
>> .oO rach Oo.
>>

>> "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
>>> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for
>>> the nasties. She does, however, have
>>> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
>>> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>>>
>>> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she &
>>> Randi already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
>>> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
>>> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
>>> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>>>
>>> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
>>> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
>>> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
>>> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

Betsy
April 6th 05, 03:00 AM
No, pictures aren't allowed here, but you can post them in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals, and notify us here when they are up.

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Today she was on a chair looking out the window and I put Randi on the
> chair with her. He crouched down
> but then she started licking his head. It was so cute. Then she rubbed
> her head on his and started
> licking his ear. So cute.
> Are we allowed to send pictures as attachments on here?
> C.
>
> ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Congrats on the new furry addition to your home. It sounds like she rules
>> by indifference already!
>>

>> --
>> .oO rach Oo.
>>

>> "ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
>>> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for
>>> the nasties. She does, however, have
>>> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
>>> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>>>
>>> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she &
>>> Randi already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
>>> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
>>> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
>>> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>>>
>>> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
>>> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
>>> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
>>> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

ElvisRocks
April 6th 05, 03:28 AM
Ok - one picture is up on the alt.binaries.pic.animals....taken with my
camera phone so the quality is not good.
I lost my digital camera last year; guess I'll have to get another one now.
lol
She's so darn cute!

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
> Got my new girl today!!! Took her to the vet; she tested negative for the
> nasties. She does, however, have
> earmites in one ear and conjunctivitis....they said since she was in a
> shelter for 3+ months, that's not abnormal.
>
> She is SO SWEET! I kept her confined when I brought her home; she & Randi
> already met. She is the most laid back cat I've
> ever seen! So when I got home from work tonite I let her out of her
> room. She's investigating, of course. Randi ran over to her and smelled
> her butt & she didn't even pay any attention to him.
>
> I thought she was longhair but she's more a domestic medium hair calico.
> She ate right away and was purring up a storm when I brought her home.
> After all the trauma, that's pretty good.
> My kittens will be ready soon!!! Carol

ElvisRocks
April 6th 05, 01:40 PM
LOL - she was like that the first day!!! Poor Randi doesn't know what to
make of her.
She's slept with me both nights. Last night she wrapped herself around my
head on my pillow
a few times! She is too funny.
How are you doing??