PDA

View Full Version : Good News! (OT)

David Yehudah
August 30th 03, 08:14 PM
Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
-- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!

Hopitus2
August 30th 03, 08:56 PM
Bless you, David and congrats on the echo improvement! While you brought up
the subject, I had an echo this last week and my doc says the heart attack
did *no* damage and "things look good!" (he didn't quote any percents). He
attributes this to me being at work in the heart center hospital when I had
it. BTW I don't do any of those 3 things either. But remember this: Jackie
Kennedy was filthy rich and did "everything right" AFA lifestyle, with the
questionable habit of possible smoking (she hid that well!)......look what
she ended up with: something far worse than a non-perfect heart.

"David Yehudah" > wrote in message
: Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
: My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
: to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
: up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
: -- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
: bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
: sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!
:

Yoj
August 30th 03, 09:07 PM
"David Yehudah" > wrote in message
> Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good
news.
> My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from
45%
> to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
> up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean
lifestyle
> -- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
> bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
> sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing
about!

That is great news, David! It far eclipses mine. My blood pressure has
never been dangerously high, but it has been high for the last few
years. I saw my cardiologist yesterday, and my BP was 114/70.

Joy

polonca12000
August 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Great news! I'm so happy for you and Patty.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"David Yehudah" > wrote in message
> Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
<snip>

Karen Chuplis
August 30th 03, 11:38 PM
in article , David Yehudah at
wrote on 8/30/03 2:14 PM:

> Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
> My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
> to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
> up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
> -- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
> bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
> sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!

That's GREAT!!!

Karen

Christine Burel
August 31st 03, 03:31 AM
Yay! Wonderful to hear this, Dave!
Christine
"polonca12000" > wrote in message
> Great news! I'm so happy for you and Patty.
> Best wishes,
> --
> Polonca & Soncek
>
> "David Yehudah" > wrote in message
> > Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
> <snip>

LOL
August 31st 03, 07:39 AM
David Yehudah > wrote in message >...
> Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
> My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
> to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
> up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
> -- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
> bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
> sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!

Good news, indeed! Congratulations!
------
Krista

Sherry
August 31st 03, 09:24 PM
>I feel like Fred Sanford in Sanford and Son. Remember how he was always
>clutching his chest and crying, "This is the big one, Elizabeth. I'm
>coming." It's been like that with me for about 13 years now. It gets old
>after a while. In fact, it got old about 12 1/2 years ago.

Be very grateful. A wonderful friend of ours, an AWACS pilot who was
Scoutmaster at my son's troop, dropped dead two days ago. He was the pictture
of health, but had advanced coronary artery disease and didn't know it. The
only pain he had prior was pain in the back of his throat. He will so be
missed. 44 years old.
When it's your time, it's your time.

Sherry

Steve Touchstone
August 31st 03, 09:41 PM
On 31 Aug 2003 20:24:21 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>I feel like Fred Sanford in Sanford and Son. Remember how he was always
>>clutching his chest and crying, "This is the big one, Elizabeth. I'm
>>coming." It's been like that with me for about 13 years now. It gets old
>>after a while. In fact, it got old about 12 1/2 years ago.
>
>Be very grateful. A wonderful friend of ours, an AWACS pilot who was
>Scoutmaster at my son's troop, dropped dead two days ago. He was the pictture
>of health, but had advanced coronary artery disease and didn't know it. The
>only pain he had prior was pain in the back of his throat. He will so be
>missed. 44 years old.
> When it's your time, it's your time.
>
>Sherry

prayers going out to his family and friends

Jeanette
August 31st 03, 11:02 PM
David Yehudah > wrote in message
> Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
> My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
> to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
> up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
> -- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
> bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
> sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!

That's great news Dave.

SUQKRT
September 1st 03, 05:46 PM
In article >, David Yehudah >
wrote:

>Patty let me out of the d*ghouse long enough to give you the good news.
>
>My previous echocardiogram showed my heart capacity had dropped from 45%
>
>to 27%. Bad news. My new echocardiogram yesterday showed capacity back
>
>up to 40%. Good news. I attribute the improvement to my clean lifestyle
>
>-- I don't drink, smoke, or kiss girls. Well, one out of three ain't
>bad. :-) The doc said I had to cut out the wine and women, but I could
>
>sing all I wanted to. Of course, I no longer have anything to sing about!

Great work Dave.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One