PDA

View Full Version : great stuff!

Brenda Watkins
August 31st 03, 04:09 AM
Mr Peabody here. Today the humans went to something called a Farmer's
Market, and brought me a bag of fresh catnip. Woo hoo! Meowmie only gave
me a few leaves, but I was rolling on the floor in no time. I may never go
back to the dry stuff after this!

Pea
ps I let Emily have some.

JHBennett
August 31st 03, 05:32 AM
Oh the shame of it, a kitty *using* and with the help of a human. Tisk,
tisk..... What next? A life on the streets, pandering for the next fix?
Fur all matted, tail tattered...... indiscriminate lap sitting with
strangers?
Seriously, I've always wondered what is going on in their minds when
they get the stuff. Holding it to your nose with all four paws bespeaks
something delightful, I think. Incidentally, in case you were wondering,
I've read that Goosefoot, a common weed about these parts, has a similar
effect on dogs. When they find it, they will roll in it, sniff, and roll in
it again...and again...and again....
Cheers,
Jack
"Brenda Watkins" > wrote in message
> Mr Peabody here. Today the humans went to something called a Farmer's
> Market, and brought me a bag of fresh catnip. Woo hoo! Meowmie only gave
> me a few leaves, but I was rolling on the floor in no time. I may never
go
> back to the dry stuff after this!
>
> Pea
> ps I let Emily have some.

Marina
August 31st 03, 06:02 AM
"Brenda Watkins" > wrote

> Mr Peabody here. Today the humans went to something called a Farmer's
> Market, and brought me a bag of fresh catnip. Woo hoo! Meowmie only gave
> me a few leaves, but I was rolling on the floor in no time. I may never
go
> back to the dry stuff after this!
>
> Pea
> ps I let Emily have some.

Oh, my hoomin once brought us some of that fresh stuff, too. She said a
co-worker of hers has it growing in her garden. That was some good stuff.
Lately, she's only been giving us the dried stuff.

--
Frankie

Jill McQuown
August 31st 03, 02:51 PM
Brenda Watkins wrote:
> Mr Peabody here. Today the humans went to something called a Farmer's
> Market, and brought me a bag of fresh catnip. Woo hoo! Meowmie only
> gave me a few leaves, but I was rolling on the floor in no time. I
> may never go back to the dry stuff after this!
>
> Pea
> ps I let Emily have some.

It's easy enough to grow, but I hear it does spread quickly and will
overtake your herb patch. Can be grown in a pot, however. Hmmm, catnip,
pot. Cannabis?

Catnip has very little affect on Persia. She likes her catnip filled sock,
but I think that's more just because she likes to roll around with it and
hug it. She ignores the catnip filled mouse that hangs from her cat perch.
She's more into the crinkly mylar balls that she can bat all over the place.

Jill

LOL
August 31st 03, 09:43 PM
"Jill McQuown" > wrote in message >...
> Brenda Watkins wrote:

Hmmm, catnip, pot. Cannabis?

> Jill

<giggle> Our vet once told me that his mother had come over to his
house while he was making catnip toys for the cats, with baggies full
of catnip all over the table. She got all upset because she thought
it was pot. <giggle>

The baggies of little dried catnip flakes sure do *look* like pot.
Various law enforcement people do come to the house fairly often to
talk to DH, who is a criminal defense lawyer, and I have had the odd
paranoid thought that they might think that's what it is. Wouldn't
that be funny? (Not!)

------
Krista