PDA

View Full Version : My cat pets *me*!

223rem
July 21st 05, 01:40 AM
He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my desk, walks up to
me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches my face with his front paw.

It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually harasses
regularly.

She never does that.

MaryL
July 21st 05, 02:35 AM
"223rem" > wrote in message
> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my desk,
> walks up to
> me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches my face with his front
> paw.
>
> It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
> harasses
> regularly.
>
> She never does that.

Holly does that frequently, especially when I am lying down. She will sit
down beside me and very gently reach out with the tip of her paw and touch
me on the nose or cheek. She will do that a couple of time or until I reach
out to pet her. I look at it as a sign of affection.

MaryL

Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Karen
July 21st 05, 03:46 AM
in article VZCDe.119966$yV4.108329@okepread03, MaryL at
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote on 7/20/05 8:35 PM:

> "223rem" > wrote in message
>> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my desk,
>> walks up to
>> me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches my face with his front
>> paw.
>>
>> It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
>> harasses
>> regularly.
>>
>> She never does that.
>
> Holly does that frequently, especially when I am lying down. She will sit
> down beside me and very gently reach out with the tip of her paw and touch
> me on the nose or cheek. She will do that a couple of time or until I reach
> out to pet her. I look at it as a sign of affection.
>
> MaryL
>
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

This is how Pearl wakes me up. Grant used to be the waker upper. He sat and
stared at me making tiny mrrping noises until I finally woke up. Now that he
is gone, usually it is Pearl. She reaches out and WITH claws pats my face
gently. It's pretty clever. Without her claws, it would probably not wake me
up, but she EVER so gently uses a bit of claw, which does no damage but is
annoying as hell. It's also very cute.

Steve Touchstone
July 21st 05, 08:15 AM
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:40:59 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my desk, walks up to
>me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches my face with his front paw.
>
>It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually harasses
>regularly.
>
>She never does that.

Sammy is also very hands(paws)-on. When she wants something, or is
nervous about something, she seems to want to touch me. When she's
nervous she doesn't want to be petted or fussed over, it's more like
she just wants to know I'm around. This is especially the case when we
have a storm and she's hiding under the covers. If I lay on the bed
with her she wraps her front paws around my leg.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

jmcquown
July 21st 05, 09:57 AM
223rem wrote:
> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my
> desk, walks up to me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches
> my face with his front paw.
>
> It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
> harasses regularly.
>
> She never does that.

Any reason why he's not been neutered? Not that it has anything to do with
him "petting" you... Persia does that all the time. She taps me gently with
her paw on the shoulder, neck or face when she wants more attention. Like
she doesn't get enough attention as it is!

Jill

223rem
July 21st 05, 10:11 AM
jmcquown wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
>>He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my
>>desk, walks up to me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches
>>my face with his front paw.
>>
>>It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
>>harasses regularly.
>>
>>She never does that.
>

> Any reason why he's not been neutered?

He needs his testorerone for full, normal development.

jmcquown
July 21st 05, 10:53 AM
223rem wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> 223rem wrote:
>>
>>> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my
>>> desk, walks up to me and very gently reaches out and lightly
>>> touches my face with his front paw.
>>>
>>> It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
>>> harasses regularly.
>>>
>>> She never does that.
>>

>> Any reason why he's not been neutered?
>
> He needs his testorerone for full, normal development.

Uh, who told you that?

Jill

223rem
July 21st 05, 10:59 AM
jmcquown wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote:

>>>Any reason why he's not been neutered?
>>
>>He needs his testorerone for full, normal development.
>

> Uh, who told you that?

Physiology textbooks. Think of human eunuchs, castratd in childhood--do
they develop normally?

Debbie Wilson
July 21st 05, 11:44 AM
223rem > wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Any reason why he's not been neutered?
>
> He needs his testorerone for full, normal development.

/female support: Didn't the sister need her hormones, too? Or is it OK
for her not to fully develop?

I'm very glad to hear she has been spayed, but if you're going to do one
- please do both. You will save him from risks such as catching feline
leukemia or getting injuries and abscesses from fights, roaming and
getting into danger, catching the FIV virus if he mates with an infected
female, and contributing to the huge kitten overpopulation problem.
Apart from spraying around his territory (i.e your home) with that
delightful tomcat perfume we know and love ;-)

Just my 2 cents from a cat rescuer and fosterer....

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Kreisleriana
July 21st 05, 02:20 PM
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:59:26 GMT, 223rem >
yodeled:

>jmcquown wrote:
>> 223rem wrote:

>>>He needs his testorerone for full, normal development.
>>

>> Uh, who told you that?
>
>Physiology textbooks. Think of human eunuchs, castratd in childhood--do
>they develop normally?

It's been discovered that both male and female kittens can be
neutered with no ill effects, considerably earlier than the
previously-thought six months. And you don't have to clean up
"fully-developed" male cat pee. :P

Theresa

Adrian
July 21st 05, 05:07 PM
223rem wrote:
> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my
> desk, walks up to me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches
> my face with his front paw.
>
> It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
> harasses regularly.
>
> She never does that.

When will he be fixed?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

223rem
July 21st 05, 05:47 PM
Adrian wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
>>He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my
>>desk, walks up to me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches
>>my face with his front paw.
>>
>>It is not that he's lonely, he has a (fixed) sister whom he sexually
>>harasses regularly.
>>
>>She never does that.
>

> When will he be fixed?

In due time. But thanks for your concern.

223rem
July 21st 05, 05:48 PM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:59:26 GMT, 223rem >
>

> It's been discovered that both male and female kittens can be
> neutered with no ill effects, considerably earlier than the
> previously-thought six months.

Sure. If you dont consider lack of normal male muscular and
skeletal development an 'ill effect'.

Kreisleriana
July 21st 05, 06:14 PM
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:33 GMT, 223rem >
yodeled:

>Kreisleriana wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:59:26 GMT, 223rem >
>>

>> It's been discovered that both male and female kittens can be
>> neutered with no ill effects, considerably earlier than the
>> previously-thought six months.
>
>Sure. If you dont consider lack of normal male muscular and
>skeletal development an 'ill effect'.

Your information is out of date.

Theresa

Nan
July 21st 05, 07:06 PM
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:33 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Kreisleriana wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:59:26 GMT, 223rem >
>>

>> It's been discovered that both male and female kittens can be
>> neutered with no ill effects, considerably earlier than the
>> previously-thought six months.
>
>Sure. If you dont consider lack of normal male muscular and
>skeletal development an 'ill effect'.

My Tiger was neutered at age 6 months. It didn't affect his muscular
and skeletal development one iota. He is much larger and a lot more
muscular than his sister. I see his intact nephew periodically and
that cat is much smaller than he is.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan

Enfilade
July 22nd 05, 01:40 AM
223rem wrote:
> He's 6mo, intact. When I work the computer he sometimes leaps on my desk, walks up to
> me and very gently reaches out and lightly touches my face with his front paw.

We have a kitten who does this. Actually she is 2 years old now, btu
she was raised by my partner from age 3 weeks on.

She never learned to rub against people the way most cats do. She
imitate dhis behaviour, and since he pets her regularly to show
affection, she pets US for the same reason.

Whenever she can get above our heads--when we are on the couch or
bed--she is petting our foreheads with her paw.

--Fil

SuzQ
July 26th 05, 11:35 PM
Whenever she can get above our heads--when we are on the couch or
bed--she is petting our foreheads with her paw.

--Fil
That is soooooooooooooo cute.
Suz