PDA

View Full Version : Re: Evil, Stupid Neighbors

July 25th 05, 01:29 AM
Mark Edwards wrote:
> First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
> cat people".
>
> We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
> marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
> chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
> this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
> white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
> too.
>
> She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
> the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
>
> I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
> sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
> and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
> bigger than usual too.
>
> Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
> people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
> to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
> stupid part.
>
> Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
> and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>
> Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
> not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
> lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
> necessary three or four months.
>
> These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
> her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
> way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
> opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
> spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
>
> I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
> regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
> them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
> convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
> secretly...).
>
> Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
> no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
> GAAAAH!!
>

> Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
> Mark

Mark, I'd like to be able to say I'm totally outraged, and have never
heard of such irresponsibility and stupidity in all my life.
But the sad fact is, there are lots of people out there like that. I
hear stories like yours via the shelter people, a lot. It's just so
hard to imagine being so stupid and callous and irresponsible, isn't
it. And to expect other people to take the problem off their hands.
That's the part that just slays me. Some people bring those litters in,
and they honestly act like they're bring us a gift, they act just real
proud of themselves. Like they're doing us a favor. I've even heard one
say "We want to donate some kittens."

Sherry

Snittens
July 25th 05, 01:35 AM
> wrote
>
> Mark, I'd like to be able to say I'm totally outraged, and have never
> heard of such irresponsibility and stupidity in all my life.
> But the sad fact is, there are lots of people out there like that. I
> hear stories like yours via the shelter people, a lot. It's just so
> hard to imagine being so stupid and callous and irresponsible, isn't
> it. And to expect other people to take the problem off their hands.
> That's the part that just slays me. Some people bring those litters in,
> and they honestly act like they're bring us a gift, they act just real
> proud of themselves. Like they're doing us a favor. I've even heard one
> say "We want to donate some kittens."
>
> Sherry

Gah!! IKWYM! We have a form that people fill out when surrendering an
animal, and someone actually wrote in the spot for "Donation Amount"
(meaning money) - Four kittens!!!

Mark, are there any spay/neuter resources in your area?

-Kelly

Pat
July 25th 05, 02:08 AM
And I thought the guy wanting me to take Beatrice @ 2-3 weeks of age was an
idiot :(

Those neighbors of yours belong in jail.

Enfilade
July 25th 05, 02:45 AM
> Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
> no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
> GAAAAH!!

People like this disgust me.

I had a friend who had an outdoor female and she got pregnant at less
than a year old. He hadn't realized she would be breeding age so soon.
He, however, had the good sense to care for the kits until they were 8
weeks, arrange with a pet store to have them adopted, and spay the
mother afterwards. I think he was teasing when he called the mom-cat a
slut, but still--they are not humans, they do not have a concept of
"sexual immorality" or a means to control their urge to breed. It was
his fault for not fixing her sooner, not hers for being "slutty."

Sometimes I wonder if Kumani and Tyche were on that trash pile at age 3
weeks because some loathsome human dumped them there. We'll never
know.

--Fil

wafflycat
July 25th 05, 10:38 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
> and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.

Some people have no brains. To say they have the IQ of a retarded amoeba is
an insult to retarded amoebas :-(

helen s

Adrian
July 25th 05, 12:39 PM
Mark Edwards wrote:
> First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
> cat people".
>
> We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
> marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
> chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
> this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
> white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
> too.
>
> She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
> the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
>
> I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
> sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
> and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
> bigger than usual too.
>
> Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
> people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
> to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
> stupid part.
>
> Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
> and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>
> Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
> not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
> lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
> necessary three or four months.
>
> These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
> her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
> way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
> opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
> spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
>
> I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
> regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
> them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
> convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
> secretly...).
>
> Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
> no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
> GAAAAH!!
>

> Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
> Mark

I do despair that the number of ignorant people in this world cause
animals so much suffering. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Adrian
July 25th 05, 12:42 PM
Snittens wrote:

> Mark, are there any spay/neuter resources in your area?
>
> -Kelly

For the neighbours or just the cat?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Lesley
July 25th 05, 12:53 PM
For the neighbours or just the cat?

LOL!!!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Magic Mood JeepŠ
July 25th 05, 01:26 PM
wafflycat wrote:
> "Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
>

>> Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
>> and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>>

> Some people have no brains. To say they have the IQ of a retarded
> amoeba is an insult to retarded amoebas :-(
>
> helen s

LOL - brings to mind the Ameoba Boys off the cartoon Power Puff Girls!

Denise Clere
July 25th 05, 03:50 PM
if i lived closer,i'd certainly take them!
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
> cat people".
>
> We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
> marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
> chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
> this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
> white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
> too.
>
> She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
> the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
>
> I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
> sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
> and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
> bigger than usual too.
>
> Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
> people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
> to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
> stupid part.
>
> Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
> and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>
> Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
> not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
> lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
> necessary three or four months.
>
> These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
> her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
> way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
> opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
> spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
>
> I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
> regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
> them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
> convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
> secretly...).
>
> Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
> no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
> GAAAAH!!
>

> Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
> Mark

Christine Burel
July 25th 05, 06:46 PM
Denise, don't know if this info might make a difference for you re having
the chance to get the kittens but if you're interested:
http://www.furryfolks.com/products/rescue_transport_resources.htm
Christine
"Denise Clere" > wrote in message
> if i lived closer,i'd certainly take them!
> "Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
> >
> > First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
> > cat people".
> >
> > We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
> > marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
> > chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
> > this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
> > white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
> > too.
> >
> > She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
> > the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
> >
> > I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
> > sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
> > and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
> > bigger than usual too.
> >
> > Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
> > people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
> > to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
> > stupid part.
> >
> > Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
> > and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
> >
> > Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
> > not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
> > lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
> > necessary three or four months.
> >
> > These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
> > her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
> > way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
> > opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
> > spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
> >
> > I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
> > regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
> > them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
> > convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
> > secretly...).
> >
> > Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
> > no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
> > GAAAAH!!
> >

> > Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
> > Mark

July 25th 05, 06:50 PM
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:39:48 -0500, Mark Edwards
> wrote:

>First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
>cat people".
>
>We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
>marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
>chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
>this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
>white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
>too.
>
>She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
>the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
>
>I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
>sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
>and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
>bigger than usual too.
>
>Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
>people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
>to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
>stupid part.
>
>Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
>and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>
>Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
>not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
>lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
>necessary three or four months.
>
>These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
>her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
>way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
>opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
>spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
>
>I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
>regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
>them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
>convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
>secretly...).
>
>Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
>no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
>GAAAAH!!
>

>Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
>Mark

{{{{Mark}}}}

I really sympathize and understand your anger and frustration. We
have the same kind of neighbors, or have had. You can talk until
you're blue in the face, and some won't ever get it. Some will. Some
need led by the hand (I had to set it all up to get a former
neighbor's cats spayed through a free program before he would do it).
But keep trying to get through.

Purrs for momma and the kitties on the way.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Denise Clere
July 26th 05, 05:49 AM
o,poo,hubby said no way,1 inside cat & 1 outside is enuf,sorry,hope things
go OK for 'em all.
"Christine Burel" > wrote in message
> Denise, don't know if this info might make a difference for you re having
> the chance to get the kittens but if you're interested:
> http://www.furryfolks.com/products/rescue_transport_resources.htm
> Christine
> "Denise Clere" > wrote in message
>> if i lived closer,i'd certainly take them!
>> "Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > First of all, it appears that we are officially known as "The local
>> > cat people".
>> >
>> > We have some neighbors, a few doors down, who bought a beautifully
>> > marked little kitten some time back. She is cream-colored, with light
>> > chocolate points and highlights (note to self: I need to get pix of
>> > this pretty little girl). When I put some food out for Aqui (the evil
>> > white kitty who even hates his people), she sometimes comes running
>> > too.
>> >
>> > She is really cute and funny. When I pet her, she growls and purrs at
>> > the same time, and growls at her food when she eats it.
>> >
>> > I recently noticed that she seems to be putting on some weight. Her
>> > sides are a lot wider than they were. When I picked her up (growling
>> > and purring all the way - big grin), I could feel that her nipples are
>> > bigger than usual too.
>> >
>> > Now this little girl is only about a year, a year and a half old. Her
>> > people did not see the need to have her spayed. And they aren't trying
>> > to breed her. She is just pregnamt from neglect. But this is just the
>> > stupid part.
>> >
>> > Today, they came to our door and asked if we could take the kittens
>> > and find homes for them. AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN.
>> >
>> > Now, I would love to temporarily have a house full of little ones, but
>> > not with the three wde have (we are two over what is allowed on our
>> > lease). And not without their mommy-kitten (for such, she is) for the
>> > necessary three or four months.
>> >
>> > These are apparently the kind of people who get a cute kitten, leave
>> > her outside all the time, don't get her spayed, then try to figure a
>> > way to dump the helpless, inconvenient kittens at the first
>> > opportunity. I can almost guarantee they will not even think of
>> > spaying mommy-kitten afterwards.
>> >
>> > I am so infuriated by this, I can barely keep from saying some very
>> > regrettable things to their faces. and I know I *do* need to speak to
>> > them about getting poor mommy-kitten spayed at the earliest
>> > convenience, at the very least (or sneak her out and get it done
>> > secretly...).
>> >
>> > Anyway, I just had to vent. We live in Arlington Texas, where there is
>> > no shortage of homeless kittens, and these irresponsible people...
>> > GAAAAH!!
>> >

>> > Hugs, Purrs, Rants and Raves,
>> > Mark

Shiral
July 26th 05, 07:08 AM
Aint it the truth, Helen! Separating newborn kittens from their mother
is inhumane to both the kittens and the mother cat! And she is the one
best equipped to care for them, anyway. Arrrgh, a conk on the head for
those neighbors of yours, Mark.

I do wonder what would have become of Francesca, sometimes, given
another adoptive hoomin. There she was, unexpectedly pregnant AND she
turned out to need a rather costly medical procedure when she and I
were still getting acquainted. In all the brouhaha over Conan, we
learned there are people who would return a cat to the pound for having
a cold. But now I have two lovely spayed girls to keep me company at
the price of having adopted only one. Now I can't imagine life without
either of my girls. I'm equally thankful that they'll never have more
kittens.

Melissa