PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Wrist Pulse Monitor

CatNipped
July 27th 05, 03:22 AM
Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that will
monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate range for
exercising.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Karen
July 27th 05, 03:25 AM
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 7/26/05 9:22 PM:

> Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
> cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that will
> monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate range for
> exercising.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I have one called the Poltek (I think). It has a band you put around your
rib cage and wear a wrist monitor. It was 50$ Works really well.

CatNipped
July 27th 05, 03:31 AM
"Karen" > wrote in message
> in article , CatNipped at

> wrote on 7/26/05 9:22 PM:
>
> > Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
> > cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that will
> > monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate range
for
> > exercising.
> >
> > Hugs,
> >
> > CatNipped
> >

> I have one called the Poltek (I think). It has a band you put around your
> rib cage and wear a wrist monitor. It was 50$ Works really well.

Well, I was looking for something for *just* around my wrist and a little
cheaper. So far I've found this:
http://www.everythinghome.com/ti54fisy2.html for $38.00 (but I'm *really*
cheap)! ;> They wanted $150 at the bike shop and just the mention of that
price made me pale! LOL!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Bill Stock
July 27th 05, 03:47 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Karen" > wrote in message
>> in article , CatNipped at
>
>> wrote on 7/26/05 9:22 PM:
>>
>> > Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
>> > cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that will
>> > monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate range
> for
>> > exercising.
>> >
>> > Hugs,
>> >
>> > CatNipped
>> >

>> I have one called the Poltek (I think). It has a band you put around your
>> rib cage and wear a wrist monitor. It was 50$ Works really well.
>
> Well, I was looking for something for *just* around my wrist and a little
> cheaper. So far I've found this:
> http://www.everythinghome.com/ti54fisy2.html for $38.00 (but I'm *really*
> cheap)! ;> They wanted $150 at the bike shop and just the mention of
> that
> price made me pale! LOL!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Try here. C.E., I have not bought from them, they were the first to pop up
in Google.

http://bodytronics.com/shop/index.cgi?code=3&cat=3?s=g&kw=polar+heart+monitor

$39 for a wireless chest monitor. I've got the same brand, but a slightly
different model. Don't cheap out on the wrist version, they don't work that
well.

CatNipped
July 27th 05, 03:56 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
> On 2005-07-27, CatNipped penned:
> >
> > Well, I was looking for something for *just* around my wrist and a
> > little cheaper. So far I've found this:
> > http://www.everythinghome.com/ti54fisy2.html for $38.00 (but I'm
> > *really* cheap)! ;> They wanted $150 at the bike shop and just the
> > mention of that price made me pale! LOL!
>
> I've never heard of wrist ones -- just ones for around your chest --
> which makes me suspicious of the wrist one. Possibly wrongly.

Hm, I would think, for non-medical monitoring, a wrist one (that counts the
pulse in your wrist) should be fine. But then again, I know zip about these
things.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully
>
> pictures: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca

Monique Y. Mudama
July 27th 05, 05:26 AM
On 2005-07-27, CatNipped penned:
> "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
>> I've never heard of wrist ones -- just ones for around your chest
>> -- which makes me suspicious of the wrist one. Possibly wrongly.
>
> Hm, I would think, for non-medical monitoring, a wrist one (that
> counts the pulse in your wrist) should be fine. But then again, I
> know zip about these things.

Maybe wrist ones get annoying if you're doing stuff? I've always
thought a HR monitor of any type sounds annoying. A friend of mine
has one integrated into her sports bra ... so I guess that would be
slightly less annoying if the bra happens to fit well and work for
your body type ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

wafflycat
July 27th 05, 08:59 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
> cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that will
> monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate range for
> exercising.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

We've got cheapie & expensive ones. The cheapie is, sadly, one you can't get
on your side of the pond, but perhaps it can give you an idication of
price?? It cost £12.99 (about $23??) and it's a combined cycle computer and
HRM. The basic functions are current/average/max speed distance covered on
current trip/total distance covered, time/date and the HRM functions are
current, max & average HR.

The all-singing, all dancing one is a different kettle of fish, it's a
Ciclosport HAC4 Plus, costing about £200, and does everything bar empty the
dirty litterboxes. All data can be downloaded to computer to be analysed.

Cheers, helen s

Duke of URL
July 27th 05, 09:54 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> Anyone have one of these? Can anyone make any recommendations for a
> cheapie? I'd just need something that I can wear on my wrist that
> will monitor my pulse as I bike so I can stay in my ideal heart rate
> range for exercising.

I used to have a Heart Monitor wris****ch. Made by Seiko, IIRRC. Wasn't
terribly expensive - seems to me is was about $90. It monitored/recorded
BP/Pulse. Worked very well ... up until it was stolen from me.
--
Once a suicide bomber, always a suicide bomber