PDA

View Full Version : New Cat

July 30th 05, 03:49 AM
I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
feral-acting.
I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
to find it a home.
Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
back.
So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
wormy. I really hope so.

Sherry

CatNipped
July 30th 05, 03:50 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
> on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
> down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
> to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

Aw, Sherry, thank you for taking care of all the lost ones dumped in your
area. You've many times over earned your place in heaven for what you do
for them all.

Mega purrs on the way that the poor little won will make it.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Karen
July 30th 05, 04:04 AM
in article . com,
at wrote on 7/29/05 9:49 PM:

> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
> on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
> down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
> to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

Purrs for your new wayward soul. I hope kitty is relatively healthy.

jmcquown
July 30th 05, 04:16 AM
wrote:
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV (snippage) If it tests positive, I will probably have
to put it
> down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and
> try to find it a home.

> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

I have no personal experience with this so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Aren't there people who have other FIP/FeLV positive cats who will adopt
another one if it's fairly socialized? My reaction wouldn't be immediately
to have the cat put down even if he/she does test positive, unless it's the
vet's professional recommendation. But again, I don't speak from experience
on this issue. Persia is the only cat I've ever been asked (by her) to take
in.

Purrs on the way for whatever the right descision may be for this young-un.

Jill

July 30th 05, 04:39 AM
jmcquown wrote:
> wrote:
> > I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> > it's got FIP / FeLV (snippage) If it tests positive, I will probably have
> to put it
> > down.
> > If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and
> > try to find it a home.
>
> > So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> > FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> > wormy. I really hope so.
> >
> > Sherry
>
> I have no personal experience with this so please correct me if I'm wrong.
> Aren't there people who have other FIP/FeLV positive cats who will adopt
> another one if it's fairly socialized? My reaction wouldn't be immediately
> to have the cat put down even if he/she does test positive, unless it's the
> vet's professional recommendation. But again, I don't speak from experience
> on this issue. Persia is the only cat I've ever been asked (by her) to take
> in.
>
> Purrs on the way for whatever the right descision may be for this young-un.
>
> Jill

Theoretically you're right, in a perfect world. An FeLV positive cat
can live for many years and it's perfectly fine to keep them, as long
as there are no other FeLV-negative cats in the household, because they
would likely become infected.
The problem is, there is nobody willing (here) to foster or adopt an
FeLV positive cat. There isn't even enough people willing to foster
healthy cats. I certainly can't, because Yoda cannot be vaccinated and
I can't risk it. It might very well be healthy. But I've just seen so
many of them, it's just got that "look" to me. I just already know
that an FeLV+ cat would be impossible to place in either a forever home
or a foster home. There's too many homeless healthy ones here.
I'm probably getting the cart before the horse, like I always do. I
ought not to worry about it until I know whether I have something to
worry about or not.
I forgot to mention, it is one of those cats that has big tabby
splotches on a white coat. It has a real unusual face, a real pointy
muzzle, short haired.

Good news that I want to tell kinda on this subject but didn't want to
start another thread--I called the shelter manager today to tell her I
was bringing Angel on Monday. She said there are NO kittens down there.
Zero kittens. And only about a dozen adults. This is a record for
mid-summer! For two years we have been real aggressive about
spay/neuter, and got a couple of grants for low-income spay/neuter, and
have paid ourselves for our "worst offenders", the ones who bring us
litters, to have their animals done. I wonder if this is the fruit from
that program we are seeing. Anyway, if this new cat does end up there,
it means it will have a really good chance of getting adopted quickly.

Sherry

Jo Firey
July 30th 05, 04:46 AM
> wrote in message
>
> Theoretically you're right, in a perfect world. An FeLV positive cat
> can live for many years and it's perfectly fine to keep them, as long
> as there are no other FeLV-negative cats in the household, because they
> would likely become infected.
> The problem is, there is nobody willing (here) to foster or adopt an
> FeLV positive cat. There isn't even enough people willing to foster
> healthy cats. I certainly can't, because Yoda cannot be vaccinated and
> I can't risk it. It might very well be healthy. But I've just seen so
> many of them, it's just got that "look" to me. I just already know
> that an FeLV+ cat would be impossible to place in either a forever home
> or a foster home. There's too many homeless healthy ones here.
> I'm probably getting the cart before the horse, like I always do. I
> ought not to worry about it until I know whether I have something to
> worry about or not.

We had two FeLV+ cats some time ago. Kind of before much was known about
it. Oddly the first to show symptoms was our stay at home five year old
pure bred Siamese. He didn't live very long after that, but didn't have a
horrible death either. We had our other stop in when I feel like it
semi-feral tested at the same time. She was positive, but healthy. And
more than like the one that infected the first cat. She live nearly eight
years. Then just kind of faded out over a couple of days.

We didn't get another cat for several years until it got easier to keep a
negative cat negative.
Jo

Rhonda
July 30th 05, 05:43 AM
Good luck, Sherry. I have my fingers crossed for worms.

Rhonda

wrote:

> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
> on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
> down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
> to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

Marina
July 30th 05, 06:10 AM
wrote:

> Good news that I want to tell kinda on this subject but didn't want to
> start another thread--I called the shelter manager today to tell her I
> was bringing Angel on Monday. She said there are NO kittens down there.
> Zero kittens. And only about a dozen adults. This is a record for
> mid-summer! For two years we have been real aggressive about
> spay/neuter, and got a couple of grants for low-income spay/neuter, and
> have paid ourselves for our "worst offenders", the ones who bring us
> litters, to have their animals done. I wonder if this is the fruit from
> that program we are seeing. Anyway, if this new cat does end up there,
> it means it will have a really good chance of getting adopted quickly.

Wonderful news, Sherry! Purrs that this latest newcomer is alright, in
spite of your fears, and that s/he and Angel are adopted soon. Also
purrs of gratitude for everything you do for the feline population in
your area.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Steve Touchstone
July 30th 05, 07:22 AM
On 29 Jul 2005 19:49:48 -0700, wrote:

>I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
>it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
>skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
>feral-acting.
>I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
>the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
>on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
>down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
>If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
>to find it a home.
>Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
>It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
>back.
>So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
>FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
>wormy. I really hope so.

Many purrs on the way for the new kitty's tests to come back showing a
skinny, but otherwise healthy cat.

That was my big fear when Spotty showed up with her kittens. The
bitties looked healthy, except for the weepy eyes, but Spotty was so
skinny and ragged looking - especially since she had that leg wound
with a big bare spot where it had abcessed.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Alison
July 30th 05, 07:47 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager,
real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
[..]
> > So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry>.

Paws crossed this little fella tests negative. Good on you for
rescuing him:)
Alison

Adrian
July 30th 05, 12:15 PM
wrote:
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager,
> real skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house
> around the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to
> the vet on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and
> tame it down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it
> down. If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it
> and try to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

Purrs for the poor little thing to be basically healthy. If not, at
least he won't suffer months of pain.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Snittens
July 30th 05, 12:56 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote>
> I have no personal experience with this so please correct me if I'm wrong.
> Aren't there people who have other FIP/FeLV positive cats who will adopt
> another one if it's fairly socialized? My reaction wouldn't be
> immediately
> to have the cat put down even if he/she does test positive, unless it's
> the
> vet's professional recommendation. But again, I don't speak from
> experience
> on this issue. Persia is the only cat I've ever been asked (by her) to
> take
> in.
>
> Purrs on the way for whatever the right descision may be for this
> young-un.
>
> Jill

If the cat has FIP, there's really no cure for it (I believe, please correct
me someone if I'm wrong) and it's a pretty horrible death. If the cat has
FeLV on top of that, I would probably have him PTS. There's little chance
he would be healthy. Sometimes cats with FeLV can live a decent life,
sometimes not. The big problem is that it is much more transmittable than
FIV. FIV needs a deep bite wound, FeLV can be transferred through saliva
and sharing of dishes. We had a litter of FeLV+ kittens at the shelter last
year. Two are still alive, but one died a few months ago, didn't even make
it to one year old.
It's a very tough decision.

-Kelly

Victor Martinez
July 30th 05, 01:46 PM
wrote:
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.

Lots and lots of purrs for the little one to be healthy soon.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

SuzQ
July 30th 05, 01:54 PM
Sherry purrs for you if you have to make this decision, it isn't an easy
one. Purrs that the cat isn't positive.
Suz&Spicey

Wayne Mitchell
July 30th 05, 03:50 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote:

>Aw, Sherry, thank you for taking care of all the lost ones dumped in your
>area. You've many times over earned your place in heaven for what you do
>for them all.

Though I'm not a True Believer, I can't help wishing I could be
on hand to see Sherry (or any of the other frequent rescuers
here) cross the Rainbow Bridge with a whole Pied Piper's retinue
of grateful and happy cats for escort.

--

Wayne M.

CatNipped
July 30th 05, 03:51 PM
"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
> >Aw, Sherry, thank you for taking care of all the lost ones dumped in your
> >area. You've many times over earned your place in heaven for what you do
> >for them all.
>
> Though I'm not a True Believer, I can't help wishing I could be
> on hand to see Sherry (or any of the other frequent rescuers
> here) cross the Rainbow Bridge with a whole Pied Piper's retinue
> of grateful and happy cats for escort.

That *would* be an inspiring sight to see. Until then we can just imagine
what it will be like and send purrs that Karma in this life will bring them
very good fortune.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
>
> Wayne M.

Victor Martinez
July 30th 05, 04:05 PM
Wayne Mitchell wrote:
> Though I'm not a True Believer, I can't help wishing I could be
> on hand to see Sherry (or any of the other frequent rescuers
> here) cross the Rainbow Bridge with a whole Pied Piper's retinue
> of grateful and happy cats for escort.

That's a beautiful image indeed.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Mishi
July 30th 05, 04:45 PM
Sherry,
Someone posted this to another list and it made me think of you. Thank you
for taking care of the 'lost' ones!
Patti

The Rescuer's Quilt

As I arrived at the Bridge, I faced all the animals who had gone there
before me. Before each of us go to the Bridge, we live our lives like the
squares of a quilt in many piles, mirrored in the eyes of the animals
awaiting us. An animal Angel sits before each of us sewing our quilt squares
together in a tapestry that is our life. But as my animal Angel took each
piece of cloth off the pile, I noticed how ragged and empty each of my
squares was. They were filled with giant holes.

Each square was labeled with a part of my life as a rescuer that had been
difficult, the challenges I was faced with in my quest to save lives and the
times I had been tempted to take the easy way out and avoid the controversy
rather than speak for the animals who could not speak for themselves. I saw
hardships that I had endured for the sake of the animals, which were the
largest holes of all.

I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares. Other than a tiny hole
here and there, the other tapestries were filled with rich color and the
bright hues of worldly fortune. I gazed upon my own life and was
disheartened. My animal Angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth
together, threadbare and empty, like binding air. Finally, the time came
when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of
truth. The others rose, each in turn, holding up their tapestries. So filled
their lives had been with the riches of the Earth.

My animal Angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise. My gaze dropped
to the ground in shame. I hadn't had all the earthly fortunes. I had love in
my life, and laughter and the sweet kisses of the precious animals who
honored my life with their presence. But there had also been the trials of
illness, and death, and false accusations that took me from their world as I
knew it. I had to start over many times.

I often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to somehow muster the
strength to pick up and begin again. I spent many nights crying and praying
that somehow the strength would come to go on, asking for help and guidance
as I tried to help the helpless. I had often been held up to ridicule, which
I endured painfully, each time enduring it for the sake of the animals who
looked at me with trust and love in their eyes.

And now, I had to face the truth. My life was what it was, and I had to
accept it for what it was. I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of
my life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air. I gazed around at
the animals gathered there, who stared at me with wide eyes. Then, I looked
upon the tapestry before me.

Light flooded the many holes, creating an image of an animal who had
depended on me. All the animals at the Bridge stood before me, with warmth
and love in their eyes. They said, "Every time you gave over your life to
help us, it gave us life. Each point of light in your life is when you
stepped aside and let us shine through, until there was more of us than
there was of you."

May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing the animals to shine
through.

Author Unknown

Adrian
July 30th 05, 04:55 PM
Mishi wrote:
> [...]
> their eyes.
>
> And now, I had to face the truth. My life was what it was, and I had
> to accept it for what it was. I rose and slowly lifted the combined
> squares of my life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air. I
> gazed around at the animals gathered there, who stared at me with
> wide eyes. Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me.
>
> Light flooded the many holes, creating an image of an animal who had
> depended on me. All the animals at the Bridge stood before me, with
> warmth and love in their eyes. They said, "Every time you gave over
> your life to help us, it gave us life. Each point of light in your
> life is when you stepped aside and let us shine through, until there
> was more of us than there was of you."
>
> May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing the animals to

Thank you, Mishi. That brought tears to my eyes.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Hopitus
July 30th 05, 05:57 PM
Yes, it truly is! BTW, Victor, did you get any of my emails (tried about 6
times so far.....two of my firewalls balk @ me sending email to very odd
addresses (like what you got for your real addy) and I got failure notices
from my own firewalls for outgoing mail but yet it looks like I "sent" you
mail on OE. Help.

"Victor Martinez" > wrote in message
> Wayne Mitchell wrote:
>> Though I'm not a True Believer, I can't help wishing I could be
>> on hand to see Sherry (or any of the other frequent rescuers
>> here) cross the Rainbow Bridge with a whole Pied Piper's retinue
>> of grateful and happy cats for escort.
>
> That's a beautiful image indeed.
>
> --
> Victor M. Martinez
> Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
> Send your spam here:
> Email me here:

July 30th 05, 07:58 PM
On 29 Jul 2005 19:49:48 -0700, wrote:

>I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
>it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
>skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
>feral-acting.
>I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
>the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
>on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
>down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
>If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
>to find it a home.
>Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
>It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
>back.
>So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
>FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
>wormy. I really hope so.
>
>Sherry

I hope so, too, Sherry. Purrs for things to be okay with this little
lost one.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Enfilade
July 30th 05, 10:12 PM
wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2005 19:49:48 -0700, wrote:
>
> >I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> >it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> >skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> >feral-acting.

Purrs for this little one's health and for Angel to be adopted to a
loving home.

--Fil

Sam Nash
July 31st 05, 12:28 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
> on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
> down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
> to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

Purrs that the new *guest* is FIP/FeLV-free.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

mlbriggs
July 31st 05, 01:45 AM
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:49:48 -0700, sriddles wrote:

> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it, it's
> got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real skinny
> and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet on
> Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it down. If
> it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down. If it doesn't test
> positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday. It's so
> frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have FeLV. I
> guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and wormy. I really
> hope so.
>
> Sherry

Will send heartfelt purrs for dumped kitty to be OK. MLB & TuTu

Gabey8
July 31st 05, 09:56 AM
Purrs and purr-ayers are en route for the kitty to pass all his/her tests
with flying colors, and for the new kitty and Angel to soon have forever
homes.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Krista
July 31st 05, 10:40 AM
wrote:
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
(snipped)

Aww, purrs for the little one. I do hope it turns out healthy, and I
do understand going ahead and sending it to the RB if not. I've done
it too, though I feel awfully guilty, knowing how many people have
FIV/FeLV kitties who have good lives. But it's sooo hard to find a
home for even a healthy cat. Shortly before I resumed posting here we
had a little half-grown stray girl appear; she was a gorgeous little
thing and very sweet and friendly, and we had her tested and vaccinated
and spayed, and it *still* took weeks to find a home for her. Purrs
for you too, for all you do for these little ones who need you.

------
Krista

July 31st 05, 03:24 PM
Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too afraid
it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to anyway.
This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure Angel will be
the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg

Sherry

Adrian
July 31st 05, 03:50 PM
wrote:
> Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too
> afraid it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to
> anyway. This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure
> Angel will be the first one to get picked because of her looks, this
> one is truly the best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a
> pointy nose.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
> Sherry

Those ears are amazing. What a pretty little thing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Victor Martinez
July 31st 05, 04:04 PM

Awwww.... those are huge ears!!! :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

jmcquown
July 31st 05, 04:36 PM
wrote:
> Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too
> afraid it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to
> anyway. This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure
> Angel will be the first one to get picked because of her looks, this
> one is truly the best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a
> pointy nose.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
> Sherry

Awww! I think she's cute :) She does have very big ears, though!

Jill

mlbriggs
July 31st 05, 06:21 PM
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:24:19 -0700, sriddles wrote:

> Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too afraid it
> will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to anyway. This is
> really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure Angel will be the first
> one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the best cat.
> She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
> Sherry

She looks great to me! MLB

Karen
July 31st 05, 06:23 PM
in article . com,
at wrote on 7/31/05 9:24AM:

> Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too afraid
> it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to anyway.
> This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure Angel will be
> the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
> best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
> Sherry

What a SWEET looking kitty!! I sure hope she is healthy. Still got lots of
growing to do.

Kreisleriana
July 31st 05, 06:55 PM
On 31 Jul 2005 07:24:19 -0700, yodeled:

>Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too afraid
>it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to anyway.
>This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure Angel will be
>the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
>best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
>Sherry

Bat ears! That is a lot how Stinky looked when I brought him home.
He grew up great. ;)

Theresa

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 31st 05, 09:56 PM
jmcquown wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>Alright, I said I wasn't going to take a picture because I'm too
>>afraid it will turn out to be sad to look at later. But I decided to
>>anyway. This is really a sweet cat, it turns out. Though I'm sure
>>Angel will be the first one to get picked because of her looks, this
>>one is truly the best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a
>>pointy nose.
>>
>>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>>
>>Sherry
>

> Awww! I think she's cute :) She does have very big ears, though!

Perhaps she'll "grow into" them - sort of like kittens and
puppies with huge paws.

> Jill

Jane
August 1st 05, 08:00 PM
>the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
>best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg

Oh she's adorable!! I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!
(inner voice: CAN'T HAVE CAN'T HAVE CAN'T HAVE CAN'T HAVE!!)

argh.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

polonca12000
August 1st 05, 10:26 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for the new cat to test negative, as I'm sure
s/he'll do well with you to take care of him/her,
--
Polonca & Soncek

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've got another dumped cat. This one is sad. From the looks of it,
> it's got FIP / FeLV written all over it. It looks like a teenager, real
> skinny and just doesn't look healthy. It's skittish but not
> feral-acting.
> I put it in the garage, I don't want the poor thing in the house around
> the other cats, not even in a bedroom. I guess I"ll take it to the vet
> on Monday and just try to feed it real well until then and tame it
> down. If it tests positive, I will probably have to put it down.
> If it doesn't test positive I guess I'll try to rehabilitate it and try
> to find it a home.
> Angel got her last shots and I am taking her down there Monday.
> It's so frustrating. It's like, always one step forward and 2 steps
> back.
> So I guess I"m just asking for purrs that this kitten doesn't have
> FeLV. I guess there is the possibility it's just malnourished and
> wormy. I really hope so.
>
> Sherry

polonca12000
August 1st 05, 10:31 PM
That's just amazing - such wonderful news!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

> wrote in message
oups.com...
<snip>
> Good news that I want to tell kinda on this subject but didn't want to
> start another thread--I called the shelter manager today to tell her I
> was bringing Angel on Monday. She said there are NO kittens down there.
> Zero kittens. And only about a dozen adults. This is a record for
> mid-summer! For two years we have been real aggressive about
> spay/neuter, and got a couple of grants for low-income spay/neuter, and
> have paid ourselves for our "worst offenders", the ones who bring us
> litters, to have their animals done. I wonder if this is the fruit from
> that program we are seeing. Anyway, if this new cat does end up there,
> it means it will have a really good chance of getting adopted quickly.
>
> Sherry

Takayuki
August 2nd 05, 02:28 AM
wrote:

> She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg

She looks a lot like a mouse I once had. :)

SuzQ
August 3rd 05, 12:15 PM
Though I'm sure Angel will be
the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg

Sherry

=====================================
What a sweety. I hope and Spicey purrs that this cat gets healthy and
finds a loving home.
Suz&Spicey

Irulan
August 3rd 05, 05:09 PM
oh my god, except for the coloring Angel looks just like my Lily, pointy
ears and long face. ;)
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"SuzQ" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Though I'm sure Angel will be
> the first one to get picked because of her looks, this one is truly the
> best cat. She is funny-looking, big ears and a pointy nose.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/straykitty.jpg
>
> Sherry

> What a sweety. I hope and Spicey purrs that this cat gets healthy and
> finds a loving home.
> Suz&Spicey

Denise Clere
August 4th 05, 01:06 AM