PDA

View Full Version : Flannagan makes demands...

Helen Miles
July 30th 05, 11:29 AM
As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.

This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.

When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
his foster mom.

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Huffy

Adrian
July 30th 05, 12:29 PM
Helen Miles wrote:
> As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
> all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
> Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
> had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>
> This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
> pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
> Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my
> kittens and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>
> When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic
> meowing from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom
> came on the line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan
> had tried to wake her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he
> was too early for feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped
> on the phone..... to his foster mom.
>
> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any
> cat who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but
> having the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living
> conditions and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
> Huffy

ROTFL
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Warning! - This newsgroup may contain nuts....

jmcquown
July 30th 05, 12:37 PM
Helen Miles wrote:
> As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
> all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
> Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
> had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>
> This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
> pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
> Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my
> kittens and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>
> When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic
> meowing from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom
> came on the line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan
> had tried to wake her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he
> was too early for feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped
> on the phone..... to his foster mom.
>
> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any
> cat who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but
> having the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living
> conditions and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
> Huffy

I've heard of cats dialing the phone before, and also of cats fascinated by
the answering machine and people calling so their cats can hear their
voices. Never heard of one calling to complain to foster mom about a
feeding schedule! Too funny! :)

Jill

Marina
July 30th 05, 02:49 PM
Helen Miles wrote:

> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

LOL! I wonder if Tiger taught them this. After all, he has been ringing
after food, too, hasn't he?

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Karen
July 30th 05, 03:35 PM
> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
> Huffy

OMG!! You have to send that to some magazine!!! What a great story!

Helen Miles
July 30th 05, 05:19 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message

> LOL! I wonder if Tiger taught them this. After all, he has been ringing
> after food, too, hasn't he?

Quite possibly. He's done it to pet sitters more than once!

Helen M

Irulan
July 30th 05, 06:47 PM
Helen, good gracious, you train them too well. <g>
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Helen Miles" > wrote in message
news:8dbc9170ef660b3ea86094b3895c481a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
> As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
> all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
> Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
> had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>
> This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
> pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
> Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
> and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>
> When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
> from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
> line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
> her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
> feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
> his foster mom.
>
> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
> Huffy
>

> --

wafflycat
July 30th 05, 06:57 PM
"Helen Miles" > wrote in message
news:8dbc9170ef660b3ea86094b3895c481a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Excellent ;-)

Cheers, helen s

CATherine
July 30th 05, 07:26 PM
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:29:52 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
> wrote:

>Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
>who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
>the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
>and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
>Huffy

That is hilarious! Have you ever talked to them over the phone before?

--
CATherine

Sam Nash
July 31st 05, 01:40 AM
"Helen Miles" > wrote in message
news:8dbc9170ef660b3ea86094b3895c481a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
> As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
> all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
> Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
> had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>
> This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
> pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
> Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
> and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>
> When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
> from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
> line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
> her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
> feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
> his foster mom.
>
> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
\
Too cute, Helen!
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

mlbriggs
July 31st 05, 01:42 AM
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 06:37:19 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Helen Miles wrote:
>> As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
>> all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
>> Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
>> had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>>
>> This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
>> pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
>> Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
>> and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>>
>> When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
>> from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
>> line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
>> her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
>> feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
>> his foster mom.
>>
>> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
>> who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
>> the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
>> and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>>
>> Huffy
>
> I've heard of cats dialing the phone before, and also of cats fascinated
> by the answering machine and people calling so their cats can hear their
> voices. Never heard of one calling to complain to foster mom about a
> feeding schedule! Too funny! :)
>
> Jill

Hey! That is one smart pussycat! MLB

Lisa Katt
July 31st 05, 10:23 AM
LOL! Really!
Elisabet

Helen Miles skrev i meddelandet
gate.org>...
>As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
>all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
>Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
>had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.
>
>This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
>pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
>Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
>and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.
>
>When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
>from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
>line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
>her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
>feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
>his foster mom.
>
>Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
>who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
>the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
>and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>
>Huffy
>

>--

Jane
August 1st 05, 06:08 PM

>> Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any
>> cat who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but
>> having the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living
>> conditions and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)
>>
>I've heard of cats dialing the phone before, and also of cats fascinated by
>the answering machine and people calling so their cats can hear their
>voices. Never heard of one calling to complain to foster mom about a
>feeding schedule! Too funny! :)

Yes, this is a first. Very very funny!

Jane

polonca12000
August 1st 05, 10:49 PM
Flannagan certainly is one of the most intelligent kitties I've ever heard
of. Great story!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek