PDA

View Full Version : Re: Awfully quiet around here

Angela Ryan
September 3rd 03, 04:14 AM
"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Isn't it amazing how perceptive animals can be when things change in their
environment. When my dog crossed the rainbow bridge earlier this year, the
cockatoo would screech all the time and walk around her cage, looking for
the dog, even though they hated each other.....they were each others company
though

Whenever my other half isn't there Gizmo looks for him, meows a but,
realises he isn't there then settles some what for the night

Angela (and Gizmo, of course)

Karen Chuplis
September 3rd 03, 04:38 AM
in article k.net, John
Biltz at wrote on 9/2/03 9:45 PM:

> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

ahere's hoping the little guy has a really easy time of it. It's nice to
know Maya cares!

karen

Hazel Az
September 3rd 03, 04:46 AM
Awwwww, do you think she misses him?

Hazel Az

"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Marina
September 3rd 03, 04:57 AM
"John Biltz" > wrote
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Purrs for Bruiser to come through his ordeal with flying colours. Hope Maya
remembers when he gets home who he is. ;o)

--
Marina

John Biltz
September 3rd 03, 05:28 AM
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:46:40 -0700, Hazel Az wrote
(in message et>):

> Awwwww, do you think she misses him?

Probably. Hard to tell for sure. She's is amazingly nosy. She has to
know everything that is going on and is afraid she might miss something
good. But I have noticed they have gotten a lot closer and she seems a
little more concerned rather than just nosy.

> "John Biltz" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
>> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
>> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
>> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
>> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
>> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
>> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
>> Bruiser.

Yoj
September 3rd 03, 09:11 AM
Purrs for all three of you.

--
Joy

"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped
and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both
of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to
me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

OU812?
September 3rd 03, 03:34 PM
John Biltz wrote:
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped
> and fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before
> the operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve
> both of them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps
> looking around with a questioning meow every now and then and has
> came up to me and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come
> down to where's Bruiser.
I know what you mean. When i had to go away to do my practicum, DH says all
of the cats kept looking for me. Oreo, who's particularly attached to me,
won't have much to do with anyone else except my daughter anyhow, and my
absence apparently made this more apparent. He ran away twice while i was
away.

Kristy
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Christine Burel
September 3rd 03, 04:05 PM
"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Aww, poor Bruiser! Lots of purrs to help him through the TED time and purrs
for you and Maya, too.
Christine

SUQKRT
September 3rd 03, 05:21 PM
In article k.net>, John
Biltz > wrote:

> Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking around with a
questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me and asked me some
questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's

>Bruiser.

Purrs that all goes well. Guess Maya accepts Bruiser if she misses him.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

Tanada
September 3rd 03, 07:49 PM
John Biltz wrote:

> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

I'm way late on this, but purrs and kind thoughts for all three of you.
Hope his ordeal at TED goes well and is over soon. Maya is becoming a
good big sisfur for little <g> Bruiser.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

ann
September 3rd 03, 09:10 PM
Looks like Maya misses him. Purrs that every thing goes well at TED.
Ann

John Biltz wrote:

> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Brenda Watkins
September 4th 03, 12:35 AM
"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

that always happens here when one cat gets dropped off at TED.
Brenda

Steve Touchstone
September 4th 03, 03:11 AM
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:45:50 GMT, John Biltz >
wrote:

>I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
>fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
>operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
>them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
>around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
>and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
>Bruiser.

Purrs for the little guy to come home soon wiithout any problems. Also
purrs that Maya won't be put off my any lingering TED smell, as it
sounds like she has gotten attached now.

Sam Nash
September 4th 03, 03:36 AM
Purrs on the way for the little one to have a speedy recovery.
Sam
"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

LOL
September 4th 03, 06:38 AM
John Biltz > wrote in message k.net>...
> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
> Bruiser.

Awww, purrs to Bruiser that all goes well, purrs to you that you won't
worry unduly, and purrs to Maya for missing (?) her little brother.
------
Krista

Karen Chuplis
September 4th 03, 12:34 PM
in article k.net, John
Biltz at wrote on 9/3/03 10:40 PM:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:11:04 -0700, Steve Touchstone wrote
> (in message >):
>
>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:45:50 GMT, John Biltz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I dropped Bruiser off at TED a few hours ago. Getting shots, chipped and
>>> fixed. I left him there over night because he can't eat before the
>>> operation and since Maya gets up so late I would have to starve both of
>>> them. Its awfully quiet around here without him. Maya keeps looking
>>> around with a questioning meow every now and then and has came up to me
>>> and asked me some questions that I am pretty sure come down to where's
>>> Bruiser.
>>
>> Purrs for the little guy to come home soon wiithout any problems. Also
>> purrs that Maya won't be put off my any lingering TED smell, as it
>> sounds like she has gotten attached now.
>
> Bruiser is home. He seems fully recovered and fine. The trip certainly
> didn't affect his apetite, not that anything seems to. Maya did seem a
> little hostile at first and my first thought was the TED smell. She
> seems over it now though and things seem back to normal. Bruiser is 6,2
> pounds now. Going to have to stop calling him the little guy soon.

He'll be surpassing Maya soon for size!

Karen

Tanada
September 5th 03, 09:53 PM
John Biltz wrote:

> Bruiser is home. He seems fully recovered and fine. The trip certainly
> didn't affect his apetite, not that anything seems to. Maya did seem a
> little hostile at first and my first thought was the TED smell. She
> seems over it now though and things seem back to normal. Bruiser is 6,2
> pounds now. Going to have to stop calling him the little guy soon.

Glad that your little <g> boy is back where he belongs. TED visits
never seems to affect our owners' appetite, either. 6.2 lbs is pretty
decent sized, and he's how old? Four months? He's gonna be a big guy
when you get him all grown up.

Pam S.

John Biltz
September 5th 03, 11:06 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:53:03 -0700, Tanada wrote
(in message >):

> John Biltz wrote:
>>

>> Bruiser is home. He seems fully recovered and fine. The trip certainly
>> didn't affect his apetite, not that anything seems to. Maya did seem a
>> little hostile at first and my first thought was the TED smell. She
>> seems over it now though and things seem back to normal. Bruiser is 6,2
>> pounds now. Going to have to stop calling him the little guy soon.
>

> Glad that your little <g> boy is back where he belongs. TED visits
> never seems to affect our owners' appetite, either. 6.2 lbs is pretty
> decent sized, and he's how old? Four months? He's gonna be a big guy
> when you get him all grown up.
>
> Pam S.

A little over 5 months. He's only a pound lighter than Maya was when she
showed up. The thing is he has that gangly teen look to him. His feet
seem too big for him and he is really slender. If he just filled out he
would probably make 10 pounds but I think he is going to grow a lot more.
In truth he hasn't reached a slow down point yet. Every week he seems a
lot bigger than the week before. If he ever grows into that tail...
Well, lets just say he will be really really big. Everyone on meeting
him says "Look at that tail, its huge!"