PDA

View Full Version : Angel's Last Photo

August 1st 05, 06:26 AM
Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.

I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.

I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.

PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg

Thanks all

Sherry

Snittens
August 1st 05, 06:34 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Awww... I'm sorry it's Angel's day to go to the shelter :( I always cried
when it was that time with my fosters.
Does your shelter have a kitten room? I found that helped little
destructo-kitties like Angel. They got to hang out with other kittens and
sometimes would find a playmate that we would try to adopt them out with.

-Kelly

badwilson
August 1st 05, 06:34 AM
wrote:
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she
> cuddled up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her
> picture. She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Awww, she's *adorable*! I'm sure she'll get a great forever home. I
love that tent you have too. I think Vino needs one of those :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Marina
August 1st 05, 07:04 AM
wrote:
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.

Aawww, she does look sad. She had a good thing going there with you.
We'll be purring that she finds a forever home that's almost as good as
her foster home (couldn't be better).

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

jmcquown
August 1st 05, 07:09 AM
wrote:
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she
> cuddled up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her
> picture. She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Awwww! Purrs for a forever home for Angel, quickly. She looks sweet (even
though we know she's often not).

Jill

August 1st 05, 07:28 AM
Whoa. I better clarify something.

Angel is a foster kitten. She is going back to the shelter because she
is old enough for adoption.

I just got two e-mails from people I don't recognize. I think they
think she is my cat that I'm taking back to the shelter becasue of her
"nonsense."

I wonder sometimes how many lurkers we have that never post. I bet it
would surprise all of us.

Sherry -------> Waving at all the lurkers!! Join us!!

Candace
August 1st 05, 09:09 AM
wrote:

> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.

Awww, she's got a lot of stuff for a little kitten. I'm sure it will
be sad for you. I hope she gets her home right away, she's awfully
cute!

Candace

Exocat
August 1st 05, 11:28 AM
> wrote
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg

Big purrs that she finds a forever home PDQ.

Claudius sez hoolikittens are the bestest and should be treated
accordingly.

Purrs again
Gordon & the FF

Kitkat
August 1st 05, 12:14 PM
wrote:
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Awww. What a doll. ;)
Honestly, Sherry...there is no way on earth I could be a foster mommy.
I'd never give them up and then I'd have 487 cats roaming around my
house. Thanks for doing what you do!!!!

Pam

Adrian
August 1st 05, 12:25 PM

Awww. I'm sure she'll find a foreverhome soon. Lots of purrs.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Gabey8
August 1st 05, 12:26 PM
Aw, what a beauty! May she be adopted ASAP by a human or humans who'll
promptly spoil her rotten!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Christine Burel
August 1st 05, 02:14 PM
Aww, Sherry -- huge purrs for little Angel to find a wonderful forever home.
Christine
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Kreisleriana
August 1st 05, 03:05 PM
On 31 Jul 2005 22:26:24 -0700, yodeled:

Oh, she is really EEEEEEK -able! ;)

Who's that orange character lurking in the background?

Theresa

Lesley
August 1st 05, 03:26 PM
I thought kittens were sweet little purring puffballs who took a lot
of
naps. HA!

When we got Speedy Joe (RB) our first furball we were not wise to the
ways of kittens or cats generally. So Rusty the guy who had his mum
brings in this box containing kitten (I had already been very impressed
by the volume of noise coming from the box in the journey over someone
asked Rusty what he was doing with the poor kitten because the noise
was designed to tub at Hoomin heartstrings, I was fully expecting when
the box was opened to find something the size of a small-ish tiger!)
and says "Got any milk?"

My answer of "Nope we drink our coffee black" worried him somewhat

"For the kitten" he said probably wondering what he was doing letting a
poor defenceless kitten (Okay anyone who ever knew Speedy Joe wouls
have never used the word "defenceless"- we once had our next door
neighbour knock to ask if her doberman could have her bone back only
our cat had stolen it!) stay with us

We muddled through somehow

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs (I know a lot more now!)

Marina
August 1st 05, 03:47 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Okay anyone who ever knew Speedy Joe wouls
> have never used the word "defenceless"- we once had our next door
> neighbour knock to ask if her doberman could have her bone back only
> our cat had stolen it!

ROFL!

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

August 1st 05, 05:05 PM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2005 22:26:24 -0700, yodeled:
>

> Oh, she is really EEEEEEK -able! ;)
>
> Who's that orange character lurking in the background?
>
> Theresa

That's Bosley the Grandcat. We have temporary custody of Bosley.
Probably permanent custody. His Daddy got him when he moved out on his
own, then started driving a truck and Bosley was spending days at a
time alone in an apartment. He loves Grandmother's house :-)
Bozzy is just over a year old and already weighs 18 lbs. He's a poster
child for those big orange male love-sucks we talk about.

Sherry

Karen AKA Kajikit
August 1st 05, 05:23 PM
On 31 Jul 2005 22:26:24 -0700, wrote:

>Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
>I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
>up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
>I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
>over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
>She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
>PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
>will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg

Awwww... she's so cute! Many purrs and purrayers for somebody to
decide that she'll be the perfect furry master and who'll love her to
bits...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Karen
August 1st 05, 05:33 PM
My goodness. well, she has a fantastic dowry so I imagine some young couple
will take her in and they will all grow old together. (I don't know how you
do it. HUGS)

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Karen
August 1st 05, 05:42 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Kreisleriana wrote:
> > On 31 Jul 2005 22:26:24 -0700, yodeled:
> >

> > Oh, she is really EEEEEEK -able! ;)
> >
> > Who's that orange character lurking in the background?
> >
> > Theresa
>
> That's Bosley the Grandcat. We have temporary custody of Bosley.
> Probably permanent custody. His Daddy got him when he moved out on his
> own, then started driving a truck and Bosley was spending days at a
> time alone in an apartment. He loves Grandmother's house :-)
> Bozzy is just over a year old and already weighs 18 lbs. He's a poster
> child for those big orange male love-sucks we talk about.
>
> Sherry

LOL! I didn't even see him! Wow. He is BIG. And not fat either. JUst BIG.
See, even he got over his hoolikitten ways.

Melissa Houle
August 1st 05, 08:53 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Poor little thing! She does look a little like she's saying "I promise not
to do X again!"
I hope though that she'll find a WONDERFUL forever home with people who love
lively kittens. She's a very cute little thing, which always helps!

Melissa

August 1st 05, 09:17 PM
Karen wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Kreisleriana wrote:
> > > On 31 Jul 2005 22:26:24 -0700, yodeled:
> > >

> > > Oh, she is really EEEEEEK -able! ;)
> > >
> > > Who's that orange character lurking in the background?
> > >
> > > Theresa
> >
> > That's Bosley the Grandcat. We have temporary custody of Bosley.
> > Probably permanent custody. His Daddy got him when he moved out on his
> > own, then started driving a truck and Bosley was spending days at a
> > time alone in an apartment. He loves Grandmother's house :-)
> > Bozzy is just over a year old and already weighs 18 lbs. He's a poster
> > child for those big orange male love-sucks we talk about.
> >
> > Sherry
> >

> LOL! I didn't even see him! Wow. He is BIG. And not fat either. JUst BIG.
> See, even he got over his hoolikitten ways.

Yes, and I remember not thinking there was much hope for Bosley to ever
act like a little gentleman and now he does.
Well, its done now. I took both cats + stuff and just got back.
The stray kitty did fantastic. She sniffed and purred around and rubbed
on the cage and didn't act distressed in the least, making friends with
a cat in the next cage.
Angel just got verrrrry verrrry nice. She was quiet and still but not
really scared-acting. Just wide-eyed and quiet. She certainly didn't
hiss or try to terrorize the other cats though.
I'm not as upset as I thougth I'd be. They seem fairly happy and I
think their chances are good.
But thanks to all for the emotional support. It does make a difference.
Just when I start thinking "this is so stupid, I am so stupid for
getting so attached to a cat when I've got too many already", I can
always count on you all for support.

Sherry

Karen
August 1st 05, 09:54 PM
> Yes, and I remember not thinking there was much hope for Bosley to ever
> act like a little gentleman and now he does.
> Well, its done now. I took both cats + stuff and just got back.
> The stray kitty did fantastic. She sniffed and purred around and rubbed
> on the cage and didn't act distressed in the least, making friends with
> a cat in the next cage.
> Angel just got verrrrry verrrry nice. She was quiet and still but not
> really scared-acting. Just wide-eyed and quiet. She certainly didn't
> hiss or try to terrorize the other cats though.
> I'm not as upset as I thougth I'd be. They seem fairly happy and I
> think their chances are good.
> But thanks to all for the emotional support. It does make a difference.
> Just when I start thinking "this is so stupid, I am so stupid for
> getting so attached to a cat when I've got too many already", I can
> always count on you all for support.

Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new comer?
> Sherry

August 1st 05, 10:38 PM
Karen wrote:
> > Yes, and I remember not thinking there was much hope for Bosley to ever
> > act like a little gentleman and now he does.
> > Well, its done now. I took both cats + stuff and just got back.
> > The stray kitty did fantastic. She sniffed and purred around and rubbed
> > on the cage and didn't act distressed in the least, making friends with
> > a cat in the next cage.
> > Angel just got verrrrry verrrry nice. She was quiet and still but not
> > really scared-acting. Just wide-eyed and quiet. She certainly didn't
> > hiss or try to terrorize the other cats though.
> > I'm not as upset as I thougth I'd be. They seem fairly happy and I
> > think their chances are good.
> > But thanks to all for the emotional support. It does make a difference.
> > Just when I start thinking "this is so stupid, I am so stupid for
> > getting so attached to a cat when I've got too many already", I can
> > always count on you all for support.
> >
> Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new comer?
> > Sherry

jmcquown
August 1st 05, 11:59 PM
wrote:
> Karen wrote:
>> Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new
>> comer?
>>> Sherry

And the answer is.... ?

Jill

Karen
August 2nd 05, 01:04 AM
in article . com,
at wrote on 8/1/05 4:38 PM:

> Karen wrote:
>>> Yes, and I remember not thinking there was much hope for Bosley to ever
>>> act like a little gentleman and now he does.
>>> Well, its done now. I took both cats + stuff and just got back.
>>> The stray kitty did fantastic. She sniffed and purred around and rubbed
>>> on the cage and didn't act distressed in the least, making friends with
>>> a cat in the next cage.
>>> Angel just got verrrrry verrrry nice. She was quiet and still but not
>>> really scared-acting. Just wide-eyed and quiet. She certainly didn't
>>> hiss or try to terrorize the other cats though.
>>> I'm not as upset as I thougth I'd be. They seem fairly happy and I
>>> think their chances are good.
>>> But thanks to all for the emotional support. It does make a difference.
>>> Just when I start thinking "this is so stupid, I am so stupid for
>>> getting so attached to a cat when I've got too many already", I can
>>> always count on you all for support.
>>>
>> Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new comer?
>>> Sherry

Sherry you hit send too soon!

Enfilade
August 2nd 05, 01:19 AM
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.

Purrs for Angel.

I don't know how you could part with her....two years later we still
have our bits. Bright Blessings to you for doing this.

--Fil

Takayuki
August 2nd 05, 02:30 AM
wrote:

>I just got two e-mails from people I don't recognize. I think they
>think she is my cat that I'm taking back to the shelter becasue of her
>"nonsense."

They must not read an awful lot, since it's pretty well known that
your house a revolving door, or maybe part of an underground railroad.
:)

Yowie9644
August 2nd 05, 03:33 AM
wrote:
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg

Aww, she's so adorable, and has so much spunk. There's hoolikittenism
just oozing out those fuzzy little ears of hers.

Sherry, I don't know how you could possibly do it. I couldn't give a
fosterling back after falling in love with them (and falling in love I
would - thats why IBKFergus is with us). I *know* its in there best
interest to be adopted into a foreverhome, but I'd be just too selfish
to let them go. You are a very brave woman, kudos to you (and allt he
other fosterers out there, you have my utmost admiration to be willing
to go through heartbreak after heartbreak to ensure that the
fosterlings get the best they possibly can in life)

Yowie

August 2nd 05, 03:44 AM
wrote:
> Karen wrote:
> > > Yes, and I remember not thinking there was much hope for Bosley to ever
> > > act like a little gentleman and now he does.
> > > Well, its done now. I took both cats + stuff and just got back.
> > > The stray kitty did fantastic. She sniffed and purred around and rubbed
> > > on the cage and didn't act distressed in the least, making friends with
> > > a cat in the next cage.
> > > Angel just got verrrrry verrrry nice. She was quiet and still but not
> > > really scared-acting. Just wide-eyed and quiet. She certainly didn't
> > > hiss or try to terrorize the other cats though.
> > > I'm not as upset as I thougth I'd be. They seem fairly happy and I
> > > think their chances are good.
> > > But thanks to all for the emotional support. It does make a difference.
> > > Just when I start thinking "this is so stupid, I am so stupid for
> > > getting so attached to a cat when I've got too many already", I can
> > > always count on you all for support.
> > >
> > Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new comer?
> > > Sherry

Well, that's weird. I typed an answer, but it didn't show up.
We stopped on the way to the shelter at the vet's. The ELISA test came
back negative. Yay! The sores around her mouth that I was so worried
about turned out to be just scabs from an injury. I was afraid they
indicated sores inside the mouth, but it was clear. She got wormed, got
the first kitten shot, got treated for ear mites. The vet said as far
as she could tell "She just needs some groceries."

Sherry

Karen
August 2nd 05, 04:03 AM
in article . com,
at wrote on 8/1/05 9:44 PM:

> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Have you heard about snap tests or anything yet on the little new comer?
>
> Well, that's weird. I typed an answer, but it didn't show up.
> We stopped on the way to the shelter at the vet's. The ELISA test came
> back negative. Yay! The sores around her mouth that I was so worried
> about turned out to be just scabs from an injury. I was afraid they
> indicated sores inside the mouth, but it was clear. She got wormed, got
> the first kitten shot, got treated for ear mites. The vet said as far
> as she could tell "She just needs some groceries."
>
> Sherry

YEAH!!

Susan M
August 2nd 05, 04:20 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well, that's weird. I typed an answer, but it didn't show up.
> We stopped on the way to the shelter at the vet's. The ELISA test came
> back negative. Yay! The sores around her mouth that I was so worried
> about turned out to be just scabs from an injury. I was afraid they
> indicated sores inside the mouth, but it was clear. She got wormed, got
> the first kitten shot, got treated for ear mites. The vet said as far
> as she could tell "She just needs some groceries."
>
> Sherry

Yeah yeah YEAH!!!!! She's just a wonderful crazy looking little kitty. I
hope she enjoys her food and grows into those ears. Now she just needs a
name :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Sam Nash
August 2nd 05, 04:33 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

Megapurrs that Angel finds her foreverhome quick!
Mistletoe

Pat
August 2nd 05, 05:37 AM
Oh, my.... what a darling baby....

You will let us know when she takes a new slave, right?

BTW her little tent is adorable too!

And I'm so glad the foundling got a clean BOH.

Adrian
August 2nd 05, 02:09 PM
wrote:
> wrote:
>
> Well, that's weird. I typed an answer, but it didn't show up.
> We stopped on the way to the shelter at the vet's. The ELISA test came
> back negative. Yay! The sores around her mouth that I was so worried
> about turned out to be just scabs from an injury. I was afraid they
> indicated sores inside the mouth, but it was clear. She got wormed,
> got the first kitten shot, got treated for ear mites. The vet said as
> far as she could tell "She just needs some groceries."
>
> Sherry

Great news!
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

polonca12000
August 2nd 05, 10:57 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for Angel to find a great forever-home and
thank you for taking such good care of her, Sherry,
--
Polonca & Soncek

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well this is it. She's going to the shelter in the morning.
>
> I swear, she has been so nice today. I didn't feel well and she cuddled
> up on my chest while I laid down all afternoon.
>
> I got her stuff all together ready to load in the car, and she went
> over and sat on the turbo scratcher, looked so cute I took her picture.
> She looks sad in the picture though! It about makes me cry.
>
> PLEASE continue purrs that she gets a foreverhome with somebody who
> will put up with her nonsense until she grows out of it.
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/angelstuff.jpg
>
> Thanks all
>
> Sherry

polonca12000