PDA

View Full Version : Another round of purrs, please?

LOL
September 3rd 03, 05:56 AM
If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
magnet on again.

Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.

This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
(better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.

He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
which will be gone very shortly. ;-)

Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.

In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.

------
Krista

Marina
September 3rd 03, 06:25 AM
"LOL" > wrote
<snippety>

> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.

Aww, he sounds adorable. Many purrs coming over for Henry (?).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

bewtifulfreak
September 3rd 03, 06:42 AM
LOL wrote:
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.

Lots of purrs for the little guy to heal up, body and spirit, and begin to
be able to trust and receive the love he so deserves!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

polonca12000
September 3rd 03, 10:18 AM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for the poor guy. Thank you so much for taking
such good care of him,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
<snip>

lewe
September 3rd 03, 11:53 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw.
<>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.

Purrs for the little guy and for you for caring for him!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Karen Chuplis
September 3rd 03, 12:12 PM
in article , LOL at
wrote on 9/2/03 11:56 PM:

> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Please keep us posted. Poor baby. Purrs en route.

Karen

JBHajos
September 3rd 03, 01:23 PM
On 2 Sep 2003 21:56:26 -0700, (LOL)
wrote:

>If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
>like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
>magnet on again.

Lots of purrs and doggy-wags are on their way. It sounds as though
this newcomer would be an ideal addition. We hope the vet can fix his
paw as well. You are so kind to come to the aid of the little fellow.

Jeanne

Victor M. Martinez
September 3rd 03, 01:29 PM
Purrs for the good kitty and thank you for being such a wonderful and caring
person.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

lrulan
September 3rd 03, 04:09 PM
Purrs and prayers the little fella does well and finds a home.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Christine Burel
September 3rd 03, 04:11 PM
Krista, your post just warmed my heart -- we'll sure be purring for the
little guy and hugs for you and DH for caring.
Christine
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Dan and Nancy Mahoney
September 3rd 03, 05:01 PM
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.

Many purrs coming! That's the same way Samuel Kitten (aka Houdini
Kitten) was before we trapped him - he really *wanted* to make friends
and find a human family, but was afraid to let anyone get close. Now
that he's been trapped, taken to the vet, and socialized he's an
indispensable part of the family.

Dan

SUQKRT
September 3rd 03, 05:21 PM
In article >, Karen Chuplis
> wrote:

>Please keep us posted. Poor baby. Purrs en route.
>
>Karen

Yes, healing purrs sent for the foundling kitty.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

CAROL HUTCHINNGS
September 3rd 03, 07:43 PM
Hi Krista,
Hope the new furry one is doing o.k & his paw is getting better. I'm still
trying to persuade Paddy that humans CAN be trusted. Just give him time!
Carol
LOL > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Tanada
September 3rd 03, 07:57 PM
LOL wrote:

> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.

He sounds like my uncle Henry, very loudmouthed. Purrs and good
thoughts for you all. Please let us all know how he gets on, and how he
adapts to life with you all. Here's hoping that congrats for a new
office kitty are in order.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Lisa Katt
September 3rd 03, 09:40 PM
What everyone else said
and purrs from
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

LOL skrev i meddelandet >...
>If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
>like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
>magnet on again.
>
>Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
>office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
>and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
>done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
>This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
>could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
>little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
>friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
>sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
>didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
>about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
>have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
>little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
>only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
>hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
>(better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
>though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
>we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
>He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
>with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
>talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
>him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
>which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
>Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
>loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
>back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
>looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
>In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
>during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
>us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
>make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
>this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
>acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
>------
>Krista

Brenda Watkins
September 4th 03, 12:42 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

purrs enroute for Henry. (you're sure he's not a Willy or a Sam?)
Brenda

Jean H
September 4th 03, 12:56 AM
Ionce had a cat, a white burmese an absolutely beautiful cat to look at but
a bit bad tempered except with our dog, they were best mates,and he had
an exceptionally large pair of those too, he was like a dog from the back
veiw
I have never seen before or since, a cat like that, and his guts matched
them,
you know, when someone say's "he's got b***s" and they mean he's got guts,
hopeyou get my gist LOL jp
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Jean H
September 4th 03, 01:07 AM
sorry I forgot to sendhugs and purrs I was so rapt at hearing of another cat
like Zac
but I really do send them and so does Wilson, hope he settles down and has a
lovely
life as an office cat [friend ] jp
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista

Steve Touchstone
September 4th 03, 03:11 AM
On 2 Sep 2003 21:56:26 -0700, (LOL)
wrote:

>If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
>like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
>magnet on again.
>
>Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
>office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
>and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
>done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
>This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
>could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
>little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
>friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
>sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
>didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
>about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
>have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
>little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
>only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
>hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
>(better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
>though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
>we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
>He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
>with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
>talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
>him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
>which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
>Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
>loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
>back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
>looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
>In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
>during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
>us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
>make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
>this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
>acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
>------
>Krista

Purrs that all goes well at TED, and that the injured foot/leg isn't
too bad.

Sam Nash
September 4th 03, 03:47 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.
>
> Late last night, DH told me that a stray cat had turned up at the
> office, skinny and yelling and holding up one paw. As TED was closed
> and there are no 24-hour vet clinics here, there was nothing to be
> done but feed him and see if he was still around tomorrow.
>
> This afternoon he was still there, and I went to help DH see what we
> could do. The kitty was still holding up one paw and his leg was a
> little swollen, though he could put weight on it. He *wanted* to be
> friendly, and would headbutt my legs and purr, though he wasn't quite
> sure he wanted to be touched otherwise. And he was *positive* he
> didn't want to get in that carrier I had brought. Nevertheless, after
> about an hour of sitting beside him, talking to him, and letting him
> have one bite of the bowl of stinky canned food and then pushing it a
> little farther back in the carrier, he went far enough in that he had
> only one back leg out of the carrier, and I could scoot him in with a
> hand on his butt and close the door. I was wearing gardening gloves
> (better than nothing) but he didn't even try to bite or scratch,
> though was quite upset to find himself in the cage after all. And off
> we went to TED, for paw repair, neutering, and the works.
>
> He was a beautiful boy, very skinny but otherwise healthy-looking,
> with bright yellow eyes and sleek, shiny tabby fur. He's quite a
> talker - he murped and chirped and yelled the entire time I was with
> him. He has an *enormous* head and quite an impressive set of b*lls,
> which will be gone very shortly. ;-)
>
> Oz and Tiger seemed a little disconcerted but not upset by the
> loudmouthed new guy, and if he cares to hang around after we get him
> back from TED, it looks like we will have *another* office kitty. He
> looks an awful lot like a Henry to me, but time will tell.
>
> In any event, the odd purr that everything goes okay for newkitty
> during his stay at TED's office would be appreciated, by him and by
> us. It's so heartrending when you can see that a stray *wants* to
> make friends, but finds it soooo hard to trust a human. I really hope
> this little guy can let himself be happy with us; on just an hour's
> acquaintance, I was utterly smitten.
>
> ------
> Krista
An odd purr and a couple of even ones too for the little guy. Hope
everything turns out OK.
Sam

LOL
September 4th 03, 06:31 AM
Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
went to the RB this afternoon. Damnit, he *looked* so healthy, just
skinny, and was such a sweetie. He really stole my heart in no time
flat. The hurt leg turned out to be infected bite wounds, and the
healthy look was an illusion. The heart thing was real.

Well.

I dunno; poor little Shreiker got progressively weaker through 24
hours of cuddling and bottle feeding; Henry entrusted himself to us
just in time to get sent to the RB. I feel at this point like the
next kitty who turns up will be sent packing for his own protection.

Please, nice people of rpca, light a candle for this little fellow.
He deserved better than he got.

------
Krista

bewtifulfreak
September 4th 03, 07:02 AM
So sorry to hear about poor little Henry....will be purring for his peaceful
passage to the bridge. I know how you feel, I've felt that way, too, but
you are doing the best you can for these kitties, and they would have had a
much more miserable passing and no love from you beforehand had you not
taken them in.

Hugs,
Ann

LOL wrote:
> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
> went to the RB this afternoon. Damnit, he *looked* so healthy, just
> skinny, and was such a sweetie. He really stole my heart in no time
> flat. The hurt leg turned out to be infected bite wounds, and the
> healthy look was an illusion. The heart thing was real.
>
> Well.
>
> I dunno; poor little Shreiker got progressively weaker through 24
> hours of cuddling and bottle feeding; Henry entrusted himself to us
> just in time to get sent to the RB. I feel at this point like the
> next kitty who turns up will be sent packing for his own protection.
>
> Please, nice people of rpca, light a candle for this little fellow.
> He deserved better than he got.
>
> ------
> Krista

polonca12000
September 4th 03, 12:20 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear that. That's so sad.
Purrs and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. <snip>

Marina
September 4th 03, 03:07 PM
"LOL" > wrote
> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape.

Aww, poor little mite! At least he got to bask in the warmth of your love
for a few hours. Purrs all around!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Victor M. Martinez
September 4th 03, 03:27 PM
So sorry to hear this.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Hazel Az
September 4th 03, 04:19 PM
Krista I am so sorry. Poor little guy. Of course we're lighting a candle
for him.

Hazel Az

"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
> went to the RB this afternoon. Damnit, he *looked* so healthy, just
> skinny, and was such a sweetie. He really stole my heart in no time
> flat. The hurt leg turned out to be infected bite wounds, and the
> healthy look was an illusion. The heart thing was real.
>
> Well.
>
> I dunno; poor little Shreiker got progressively weaker through 24
> hours of cuddling and bottle feeding; Henry entrusted himself to us
> just in time to get sent to the RB. I feel at this point like the
> next kitty who turns up will be sent packing for his own protection.
>
> Please, nice people of rpca, light a candle for this little fellow.
> He deserved better than he got.
>
> ------
> Krista

Adrian
September 5th 03, 02:24 PM
LOL wrote:
> If the generous kitties of rpca could spare a few more purrs, I would
> like to ask for some for a newcomer - my DH has apparently had his cat
> magnet on again.

<SNIP>

Lots of purrs for the newkitty.
--
Adrian
"The Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him."

Cheryl
September 5th 03, 05:56 PM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
> went to the RB this afternoon.

Poor lil guy. Life is so cruel sometimes but you gave your love and your
help and that is what counts. Purrs for a safe journey to the bridge for
the lil won.

Tanada
September 5th 03, 09:57 PM
LOL wrote:

> Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
> went to the RB this afternoon. Damnit, he *looked* so healthy, just
> skinny, and was such a sweetie. He really stole my heart in no time
> flat. The hurt leg turned out to be infected bite wounds, and the
> healthy look was an illusion. The heart thing was real.

Purrs and kind thoughts for Henry on his arrival at the Bridge. You
only had him for a day, but he'll be yours forever. Thank you for being
there for him.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Karen Chuplis
September 5th 03, 10:12 PM
"Tanada" > wrote in message
> LOL wrote:
> >
> > Thank you all for the purrs; however, it turned out that Henry had
> > feline leukemia, and according to TED, he was in very bad shape. He
> > went to the RB this afternoon. Damnit, he *looked* so healthy, just
> > skinny, and was such a sweetie. He really stole my heart in no time
> > flat. The hurt leg turned out to be infected bite wounds, and the
> > healthy look was an illusion. The heart thing was real.
> >

> Purrs and kind thoughts for Henry on his arrival at the Bridge. You
> only had him for a day, but he'll be yours forever. Thank you for being
> there for him.
>
> Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

I'd like to add my condolences. So very sad :(

Karen