PDA

View Full Version : Finding Pets Left Behind

JBHajos
August 31st 05, 07:32 PM
I don't know if this would be of much help at this point but FYI:

Aug 31, 2005
"Best Friends (Animal Sanctuary) is coordinating efforts with
rescue groups to find animals that have been left behind.

"Please get word out to anyone you know who had to leave behind an
animal that they can write to or call
1-435-644-3965, ext 4455, and leave the following information:\

Name and current contact information
Address where animal was left
Description of pet (species, breed, etc)
Photo, if available

"We will get this information to emergency command posts in the hope
of getting to these houses and getting the animals out."

JBH

Dan M
August 31st 05, 09:32 PM
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:32:45 +0000, JBHajos wrote:

> I don't know if this would be of much help at this point but FYI:

If anyone has links or info that would be helpful to families of evacuees,
or that friends/family of evacuees could pass along to those who had to
evacuate, please send them to me: dan at wolf dot com

Nancy is trying to get as much useful info as she can find online at
http://www.sbsun.com. Info on finding missing pets, missing people, and
where to donate funds would come in handy.

Gabey8
August 31st 05, 09:47 PM
There are also message boards on the nola.com site (homepage for New
Orelans). Evacuees have posted there with information about pets (name of
pet, description, address) that they had to leave at home. It might be
possible for emergency workers monitoring those boards to try and provide
assistance.

I'm glad there are other ways for people to request help. I'm sure there
are a lot of evacuees who were unable to transport pets. I hope as many of
them as humanly possible are able to be reunited with furry or feathered
(or scaled or anything else) loved ones.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley