PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some get-well purrs please?

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 02:37 PM
I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
heard anything!)
I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
place...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Victor Martinez
September 1st 05, 02:51 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our

Lots of healing and insurance purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

September 1st 05, 03:17 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit

Oh, Karen. This really pushes my buttons. I am so tired of having to
spend *hours* on the telephone, and argue to get them to pay just what
is rightfully their obligation. I don't have any magic advice, I so
wish I did because I understand your frustration. Our insurance company
makes *way* too many "mistakes." I truly think they are calculated, and
deliberate "mistakes".
I do know that you can tell the doctor's office the old bill is under
dispute, and they will give you a little more time.

Sherry

Monique Y. Mudama
September 1st 05, 03:50 PM
On 2005-09-01, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...

Ugh. No one should ever have to be in a situation where they don't
know if they can go to the doctor because of insurance =/ Especially
when you're supposed to be covered!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Charlie Wilkes
September 1st 05, 03:59 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:37:40 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>heard anything!)
>I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
>when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
>squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
>didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
>blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
>to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
>have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
>place...

Go to the ER and let the gov't pay if you're that poor.

Charlie

Lesley
September 1st 05, 04:00 PM
John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)

Whenever I hear this I am so glad that I live in the UK and don't have
to deal with health insurance. Apart from anything else the other good
thing about the NHS is that they employ me!!!!

Purrs for you to feel better on the way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jo Firey
September 1st 05, 04:04 PM
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy...

Purrs, prayers, and a little be careful advice OK?

There are worse things that insurance problems, and untreated Asthma can
kill. It you have a severe attack, have someone get your butt to the ER
ASAP. The first thing you tell them at the desk is "I can't breathe"

Not I think I have asthma, not I'm having a little trouble breathing.

And best wishes and purrs to get the insurance straight too.

Jo

Ann
September 1st 05, 04:15 PM
Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
> On 2005-09-01, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:
>> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>> heard anything!)
>> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
>> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
>> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
>> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
>> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
>> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
>> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
>> place...
>
> Ugh. No one should ever have to be in a situation where they don't
> know if they can go to the doctor because of insurance =/ Especially
> when you're supposed to be covered!
>

> --
> monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully
>
> pictures: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca

Irulan
September 1st 05, 04:51 PM
oh dear, purrs and prayers that you start feeling better and that your
insurance woes get straightened out.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Exocat
September 1st 05, 05:10 PM
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote
>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy...

"Get Well Soon" purrs en route from Cornwall

Gordon & the FF

Melissa Houle
September 1st 05, 06:39 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote in message
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Purrs for an easing of your breathing and other uncomfortable symptoms,
Kajikat. That sucks. This may be wild, but I wonder if some post hurricane
change in atmospheric pressure brought on this situation?

I'm sorry you're having to deal with insurance red tape when all you want is
relief. And you shouldn't have to feel guilty about going to the doctor and
taking care of your health, for goodness sake! The better preventive care
you give yourself, the less likelihood that your insurance will have to
cover you for a larger health problem later on. It sucks that they're
trying to weasel out of their obligations to you.

Melissa

Yoj
September 1st 05, 07:33 PM
Purrs for easy breathing and quick insurance. Once things are straightened
out, I hope you can get an inhaler to have on hand for those attacks.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

September 1st 05, 08:07 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:37:40 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>heard anything!)
>I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
>when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
>squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
>didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
>blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
>to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
>have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
>place...

{{{{Karen}}}} Purrs that you feel better and work out the insurance
stuff. I know asthma is no fun. Feel better soon.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:11 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:33:12 GMT, "Yoj" >
wrote:

>Purrs for easy breathing and quick insurance. Once things are straightened
>out, I hope you can get an inhaler to have on hand for those attacks.

I've got an inhaler... but when I got it out I discovered that all the
ventolin I brought with me from Australia is at its expiry date...
it'll still work for a few months but I'm going to have to replace it.
Seems like a pain for something that I literally use twice a year, but
you never know - especially if my body's going to pull this BS on me
again :(

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Adrian
September 1st 05, 08:12 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...

Health purrs and insurance purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

September 1st 05, 08:15 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:33:12 GMT, "Yoj" >
> wrote:
>
> >Purrs for easy breathing and quick insurance. Once things are straightened
> >out, I hope you can get an inhaler to have on hand for those attacks.
>
> I've got an inhaler... but when I got it out I discovered that all the
> ventolin I brought with me from Australia is at its expiry date...
> it'll still work for a few months but I'm going to have to replace it.
> Seems like a pain for something that I literally use twice a year, but
> you never know - especially if my body's going to pull this BS on me
> again :(
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit

Well, keep it filled and carry it with you anyway, even if you only
carry it as a voodoo charm! That's the way I feel about the nitro spray
I have to carry with me. I've never used it, but have to keep it
replaced with a fresh one.

Sherry

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:21 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:39:20 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
> wrote:

>Purrs for an easing of your breathing and other uncomfortable symptoms,
>Kajikat. That sucks. This may be wild, but I wonder if some post hurricane
>change in atmospheric pressure brought on this situation?
>
>I'm sorry you're having to deal with insurance red tape when all you want is
>relief. And you shouldn't have to feel guilty about going to the doctor and
>taking care of your health, for goodness sake! The better preventive care
>you give yourself, the less likelihood that your insurance will have to
>cover you for a larger health problem later on. It sucks that they're
>trying to weasel out of their obligations to you.
>
>Melissa

Thanks Melissa! John brought home the insurance paperwork... the only
problem is that we can't afford the insurance! They want ninety
dollars a week for it, and we just don't have it :( So no insurance
and no doctor...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:21 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:10:55 +0100, "Exocat"
> wrote:

>"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote
>>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>> lousy...
>
>"Get Well Soon" purrs en route from Cornwall
>
>Gordon & the FF

Thanks! I can use them...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:22 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:51:43 -0400, "Irulan" >
wrote:

>oh dear, purrs and prayers that you start feeling better and that your
>insurance woes get straightened out.
>Lily & her mama

Thanks Lily! My breathing is fine now but my chest hurts and I'm not
happy about it... but there's nothing to do except suck it up and hope
it goes away. I'm starting to wonder if I've got a virus of some kind
- at least that's better than the alternative scenarios that keep
creeping into my mind...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:24 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:51:02 GMT, Victor Martinez >
wrote:

>Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
>> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>
>Lots of healing and insurance purrs on the way.

Thanks Victor... I can use them.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:29 PM
On 1 Sep 2005 07:17:41 -0700, wrote:

>Oh, Karen. This really pushes my buttons. I am so tired of having to
>spend *hours* on the telephone, and argue to get them to pay just what
>is rightfully their obligation. I don't have any magic advice, I so
>wish I did because I understand your frustration. Our insurance company
>makes *way* too many "mistakes." I truly think they are calculated, and
>deliberate "mistakes".
>I do know that you can tell the doctor's office the old bill is under
>dispute, and they will give you a little more time.
>
>Sherry

The US healthcare system sucks... it almost makes me wish I was back
in Australia - at least there I could have got up and phoned my GP and
said 'I need an appointment' and got one... to think I thought it was
a hassle to have to pay the doctor cash and then go to a medicare
office to make my claim for reinbursement (they gave you cash on the
spot...)

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:40 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:50:14 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
> wrote:

>On 2005-09-01, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:
>> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>> heard anything!)
>> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
>> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
>> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
>> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
>> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
>> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
>> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
>> place...
>
>Ugh. No one should ever have to be in a situation where they don't
>know if they can go to the doctor because of insurance =/ Especially
>when you're supposed to be covered!

You can say that again... welcome to the good old US of A...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 08:45 PM
On 1 Sep 2005 08:00:03 -0700, "Lesley" > wrote:

> John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>> heard anything!)
>

>Whenever I hear this I am so glad that I live in the UK and don't have
>to deal with health insurance. Apart from anything else the other good
>thing about the NHS is that they employ me!!!!
>
>Purrs for you to feel better on the way

Thanks Lesley... I know what you mean. Coming from a country with a
semi-decent centralised medical system this is a nasty shock... I
spent most of the last three months praying not to get sick or injured
- much good that's done me.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Jo Firey
September 1st 05, 09:02 PM
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:33:12 GMT, "Yoj" >
> wrote:
>
>>Purrs for easy breathing and quick insurance. Once things are
>>straightened
>>out, I hope you can get an inhaler to have on hand for those attacks.
>
> I've got an inhaler... but when I got it out I discovered that all the
> ventolin I brought with me from Australia is at its expiry date...
> it'll still work for a few months but I'm going to have to replace it.
> Seems like a pain for something that I literally use twice a year, but
> you never know - especially if my body's going to pull this BS on me
> again :(

I've used it well past its date and it seems OK. I just had to get a new
prescription last week when I found I had pneumonia. First time I've had to
get it replaces in a few years. At least those inhalers are fairly cheep.
Not so the doctors visit to get one ordered.

Jo

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 09:20 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:04:39 -0700, "Jo Firey" >
wrote:

>"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>> lousy...
>
>Purrs, prayers, and a little be careful advice OK?
>
>There are worse things that insurance problems, and untreated Asthma can
>kill. It you have a severe attack, have someone get your butt to the ER
>ASAP. The first thing you tell them at the desk is "I can't breathe"
>
>Not I think I have asthma, not I'm having a little trouble breathing.
>
>And best wishes and purrs to get the insurance straight too.

I know... my asthma is a very mild problem, but I had some friends who
had it really badly - it's a very common health issue in Australia for
reasons they're not entirely sure of. Mostly I'm just allergic to
stuff like cigarettes and car exhaust.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 1st 05, 09:21 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:02:10 -0700, "Jo Firey" >
wrote:

>"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:33:12 GMT, "Yoj" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Purrs for easy breathing and quick insurance. Once things are
>>>straightened
>>>out, I hope you can get an inhaler to have on hand for those attacks.
>>
>> I've got an inhaler... but when I got it out I discovered that all the
>> ventolin I brought with me from Australia is at its expiry date...
>> it'll still work for a few months but I'm going to have to replace it.
>> Seems like a pain for something that I literally use twice a year, but
>> you never know - especially if my body's going to pull this BS on me
>> again :(
>
>I've used it well past its date and it seems OK. I just had to get a new
>prescription last week when I found I had pneumonia. First time I've had to
>get it replaces in a few years. At least those inhalers are fairly cheep.
>Not so the doctors visit to get one ordered.

One time I wondered why it wasn't working well... then I looked at the
packet and it was more than 12 months past the expiry date! As you can
tell, I don't use it much... it's more insurance than anything else.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Steve Touchstone
September 1st 05, 10:17 PM
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:37:40 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
>lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>heard anything!)
>I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
>when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
>squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
>didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
>blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
>to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
>have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
>place...

purrs coming for your health, and for the insurance company to
straighten out and do what they're supposed to
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

W. Leong
September 1st 05, 10:40 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
>> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
>> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
>> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
>> heard anything!)
>

> Whenever I hear this I am so glad that I live in the UK and don't have
> to deal with health insurance. Apart from anything else the other good
> thing about the NHS is that they employ me!!!!
>
> Purrs for you to feel better on the way
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Same here. So glad I have basic medical coverage from the government
insurance. I don't pay any premiums as I don't have a job. Looking back,
leaving U.S. for Canada turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Of course
there are quite a few things the government insurance does not cover and
the list is getting longer.
But at least I can go to a doctor when I am sick and not have to worry
about paying him/her.

Purrs going out to you.

Winnie

Christina Websell
September 1st 05, 11:05 PM
Get well soon purrs coming over

Tweed
KFC & BF

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

wafflycat
September 1st 05, 11:47 PM
Here's hoping you are healthy again soon and with all medical issues sorted.

helen s

Pat
September 2nd 05, 12:17 AM
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...

Hi Karen,

Purrs for your lungs and insurance are en route from the Show-Me State.

Krista
September 2nd 05, 05:17 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy...
(snippage)

Feel better purrs are on their way. Purrs don't work on insurance
companies, I'm afraid; they just suck and that's just that.

------
Krista

Jane
September 2nd 05, 03:19 PM
As a fellow asthma sufferer, I find that when I can't get to an
inhaler or treatment, caffeine works great in a pinch. Start
sucking down strong coffee or coke, diet coke, even some chocolate
if you have to. It'll help a lot.
As for the chest hurting problem, you have to rest to let that heal
up a bit. It's an awful feeling.

Jane
- owned and operated by (and allergic to) Princess Rita

>Thanks Lily! My breathing is fine now but my chest hurts and I'm not
>happy about it... but there's nothing to do except suck it up and hope
>it goes away. I'm starting to wonder if I've got a virus of some kind
>- at least that's better than the alternative scenarios that keep
>creeping into my mind...
>
>--
>~Karen aka Kajikit
>Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
>http://www.kajikitscorner.com
>Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

polonca12000
September 3rd 05, 01:10 PM
Lots and lots of health purrs and best wishes and for you to find some
insurance that is affordable,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Karen AKA Kajikit
September 3rd 05, 09:34 PM
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:19:01 -0000, (Jane) wrote:

>As a fellow asthma sufferer, I find that when I can't get to an
>inhaler or treatment, caffeine works great in a pinch. Start
>sucking down strong coffee or coke, diet coke, even some chocolate
>if you have to. It'll help a lot.
>As for the chest hurting problem, you have to rest to let that heal
>up a bit. It's an awful feeling.

I was a LOT better yesterday... thank goodness! All of those purrs
must have worked... the air's like soup here atm and it's not doing
my lungs any favours. When we get our checks John says I'm going to
the doctor like it or not to upgrade my ventolin prescription - I've
used more this week than in the last two years!
The neighbour's perfume hasn't done me any favours though... she came
around to ask about a computer for her daughter, and her perfume
almost knocked me down when I opened the door! I had to hide out in
the craft room so I could breathe, and open all the windows when she
left... only then she came back for more advice an hour later, and she
popped in again today! I think she's trying to kill me... j/k

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Sam Nash
September 3rd 05, 11:08 PM
"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
>I got 'asthma' the other night out of the blue and I still feel
> lousy... John's been on the phone this morning trying to get our
> health insurance ducks in a row so that I can go to a doctor if I
> don't feel better by Monday, because they screwed up our insurance -
> we were supposed to qualify for it a month ago but we still hadn't
> heard anything!)
> I also found out that the last insurance company never paid my bill
> when I went to the doctor back in May... they're still trying to
> squirm out of it, even though it was just a regular office visit and I
> didn't even get any prescriptions or have any tests aside from
> blood-pressure and blood-sugar levels. Scumbags :( So I can't go back
> to that doctor again unless we pay that bill ourselves and we don't
> have the cash. Now I feel guilty that I ever went in the first
> place...
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Late seeing this, but asthma-relief and insurance purrs on the way.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Petra Zinnen
September 7th 05, 08:59 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

>I was a LOT better yesterday... thank goodness! All of those purrs
>must have worked... the air's like soup here atm and it's not doing
>my lungs any favours. When we get our checks John says I'm going to
>the doctor like it or not to upgrade my ventolin prescription - I've
>used more this week than in the last two years!

Karen,

I have chronic bronchitis and I'm on a medication with Berodual DA.
I'm not sure whether it's available in the US but I looked up Ventolin
and Berodual is nearly the same thing. If it would be of any help to
you, I can provide you with 1 unit of my medication, it lasts for 200
inhalations.

You can email me privately. My email addy is valid.

Purrs for a quick recovery

Petra