PDA

View Full Version : I have a visitor

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 10th 03, 09:06 PM
I have a visitor…

Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet lanes
of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat which
is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"

To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
two full pouches of catfood.

I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.

Cheers, helen s
Sunday, 10 August 2003

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

polonca12000
August 10th 03, 10:39 PM
So nice of you to take the visitor in. I do hope the ulcer turns out to be a
minor problem.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I have a visitor.
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet
lanes
> of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black
and
> white cat. <snip>

Karen Chuplis
August 10th 03, 10:47 PM
in article ,
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX at wrote on 8/10/03
3:06 PM:

> I have a visitorÅ*
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet
> lanes
> of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
> white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat
> which
> is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
> one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
> quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
> short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
> has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
> problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
> the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
> which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
> two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to
> go
> to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
> been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
> wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the
> countryside.
>

> Cheers, helen s
> Sunday, 10 August 2003
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Aww. I hope the jaw is ok. Poor baby. He found the right hoomin!

Karen

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 10th 03, 10:49 PM
>Aww. I hope the jaw is ok. Poor baby. He found the right hoomin!

Thanks Karen. The jaw isn't stopping the cat from eating - it's demolished what
I've put down for it!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Lois Reay
August 10th 03, 11:13 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I have a visitor.

Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
well with the vet visit.

Lois

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 10th 03, 11:16 PM
>Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
>fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
>well with the vet visit.

Thank Lois. He's a friendly chappie who is now on to his fourth bowl of food
;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Jill McQuown
August 10th 03, 11:19 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> I have a visitor.
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the
> quiet lanes of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of
> the road. A black and white cat. We are in the middle of relative
> nowhere. This is an adult cat which is very friendly. There are no
> houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is one friendly cat, but
> what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be quite so
> affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
> short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and
> I see it has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of
> ulcer or other gum problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back
> into the undergrowth. When the car has gone it comes out again.
> "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the
> library. One which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which
> has also wolfed down two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested
> and to go to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets
> to say a cat has been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may
> just be a cat that's wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in
> the middle of the countryside.
>

> Cheers, helen s
> Sunday, 10 August 2003

Awwww, sounds like a pretty little critter! And one in need of a human
companion.

Persia did much the same thing before I adopted her. Appeared on my patio,
meowwwwww at my back door. Refused to be shooed away. Calls to area
shelters and vets netted no reports of a lost cat. Fliers posted all
around - zilch. She's now my faithful, loving companion.

Jill

Lucy's Mom
August 11th 03, 12:28 AM
Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!

Pictures?

On 10 Aug 2003 20:06:37 GMT,
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>I have a visitor…
>
>Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet lanes
>of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
>white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat which
>is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
>one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
>quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
>short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
>has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
>problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
>the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
>To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
>which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
>two full pouches of catfood.
>
>I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
>to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
>been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
>wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.
>

>Cheers, helen s
>Sunday, 10 August 2003
>
>~~~~~~~~~~
>This is sent from a redundant email
>Mail sent to it is dumped
>My correct one can be gleaned from
>h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
>by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
>~~~~~~~~~~

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 11th 03, 03:58 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> >Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
> >fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
> >well with the vet visit.
>
> Thank Lois. He's a friendly chappie who is now on to his fourth bowl of food
> ;-)

Sounds like a stray who has trained himself to eat to full capacity when
food is available, because he can't be sure when he'll encounter more.
My Patches was like that when he first came to me - he'd empty his own
bowl, then polish off whatever Miu had left of his for later snacking.
(But it's astonishing how quickly an ex-stray learns to be fussy, once
it realizes there'll always be a next meal!)

> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Junebug
August 11th 03, 04:18 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I have a visitor.
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet
lanes
> of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black
and
> white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat
which
> is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!"
This is
> one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would
not be
> quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
> short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I
see it
> has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other
gum
> problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth.
When
> the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library.
One
> which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed
down
> two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and
to go
> to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat
has
> been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
> wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the
countryside.

> Cheers, helen s
> Sunday, 10 August 2003

Bless you, Helen, for taking him in and caring for him until you determine
if he has an owner. He is a very fortunate little guy to have you find him.
Somehow kitties know when they find a kind hoomin. If he doesn't have an
owner, I kind of hope that he can stay with you and yours. OK, don't start
throwing those food pouches at me, :-))

Junebug

Steve Touchstone
August 11th 03, 04:39 AM
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:58:21 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
> wrote:

>wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>>
>> >Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
>> >fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
>> >well with the vet visit.
>>
>> Thank Lois. He's a friendly chappie who is now on to his fourth bowl of food
>> ;-)
>
>Sounds like a stray who has trained himself to eat to full capacity when
>food is available, because he can't be sure when he'll encounter more.
>My Patches was like that when he first came to me - he'd empty his own
>bowl, then polish off whatever Miu had left of his for later snacking.
>(But it's astonishing how quickly an ex-stray learns to be fussy, once
>it realizes there'll always be a next meal!)

Right you are! Back when I was luring my mostly white, black and white
tom inside so I could capture him and take him in to be checked and
neutered, he'd eat a full can of Friskies, and then move on to the dry
food. Now that he's become my Rocky (or more correctly, I've become
his human), he turns up his nose at Friskies, and only eats small
portions, expecting me to give him more when he wants it. He's still
uncomfortable inside, so eats outside - which creates a problem, as I
don't want the strays I feed to decide they also should be eating
better ;-)

Marina
August 11th 03, 05:01 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote
> I have a visitor…

F&N applaud your kindness in taking care of the little tyke, but Frank
especially hopes you find other lodgings for him soonest. He doesn't want no
strangers hanging around his ladycat. And a black and white one, at that!

Purrs that he is (re)homed soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Tanada
August 11th 03, 05:10 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
> which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
> two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
> to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
> been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
> wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.

Purrs and good wishes for unknown cat to find his slaves, or his
onetruehome. Thank Bast that s/he found the right people to help it.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

LOL
August 11th 03, 05:28 AM
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote in message >...
> I have a visitor…
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet lanes
> of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
> white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat which
> is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
> one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
> quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
> short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
> has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
> problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
> the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
> which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
> two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
> to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
> been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
> wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.
>

> Cheers, helen s
> Sunday, 10 August 2003

Awww, poor little fellow. We are sending purrs that this is just an
Otis-type situation, and that his meowmie/paw turns up first thing
tomorrow. :-)

In the meantime, wasn't he lucky to have found you? You must have
been wearing your "sucker" sign. :-D

------
Krista

August 11th 03, 07:11 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX > wrote:

> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the
> quiet lanes of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!"

That's so sweet that you rescued this cat. I hope he belongs to someone
and they're found ASAP!

But enquiring minds want to know: how did you get this cat home on your
bicycle??

Joyce

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 11th 03, 09:22 AM
>Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
>is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!

Found!!!

This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Yoj
August 11th 03, 09:25 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in
message ...
> >Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his
jaw
> >is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in
the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the
people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been
gone 2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Wonderful! I love happy endings!

Joy

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 11th 03, 09:31 AM
And I forgot to put in a big thank you for all the purrs you guys sent. Slap my
wrists!!! I'm sure the purrs helped :-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa Katt
August 11th 03, 11:40 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX skrev i meddelandet
>>Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
>>is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
>Found!!!
>
>This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
>surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the
people
>who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
>months and they were very, very pleased to see him.
>
>Cheers, helen s
>

>~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, what a happy ending! Wonderful!
Elisabet

Adrian
August 11th 03, 01:16 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I have a visitor.
>
> Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet
lanes
> of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black
and
> white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat
which
> is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!"
This is
> one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would
not be
> quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
> short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I
see it
> has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other
gum
> problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth.
When
> the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"
>
> To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library.
One
> which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed
down
> two full pouches of catfood.
>
> I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and
to go
> to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat
has
> been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
> wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the
countryside.

> Cheers, helen s
> Sunday, 10 August 2003

Presumably PACT will be able to scan for a microchip, I hope the cat is home
soon.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 11th 03, 01:31 PM
>In the meantime, wasn't he lucky to have found you? You must have
>been wearing your "sucker" sign. :-D

Must have - he literally ran at me as I was cycling by, meowing his head off!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

JBHajos
August 11th 03, 01:32 PM
On 11 Aug 2003 08:22:08 GMT,
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>Found!!!

I'm so glad Tetley and his slaves have got together again, thanks
to your caring and concern. I hope he'll "stay put" and that his jaw
can be fixed easily and quickly.

Jeanne

Adrian
August 11th 03, 02:25 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in
> the surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs
> to the people who have a small post office in one of the villages.
> Tetley had been gone 2 months and they were very, very pleased to see
> him.
>
> Cheers, helen s

That's wonderfull news. How far from his home did you find him?
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

polonca12000
August 11th 03, 04:07 PM
Wow, I'm so happy for all of you! Great news!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message

> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the
people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone
2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

bewtifulfreak
August 11th 03, 06:06 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
> >is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the
people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone
2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Wow, that is so wonderful....after two months, they must have been
heartbroken, and despairing of ever seeing him again! We should all hope
that if our kitty gets lost, they find a good samaritan like you to take
them in and help them find their way home. :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Victor M. Martinez
August 11th 03, 06:39 PM
Great news! It's always a happy day when pets are reunited with their families.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Karen Chuplis
August 11th 03, 07:13 PM
in article ,
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX at wrote on 8/11/03
3:22 AM:

>> Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
>> is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~
YEah!!!!!!!! happy dance. I bet Tetley was happy too!

John Biltz
August 11th 03, 08:36 PM
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 1:22:08 -0700, wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote
(in message >):

>> Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
>> is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

2 months! Wow! If it was that long I wonder if he was working his way
home deliberately from far away or just lost wandering around. If he was
at a post office I guess it would have been easy to stow away on a truck.

Tanada
August 11th 03, 08:48 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Woohoo!! That's wonderful, Helen. Tetley is such a great name for a
cat; tea and cats, for some reason they work together. I'm glad he's
got his slaves back.

Pam S.

bewtifulfreak
August 11th 03, 09:11 PM
"Tanada" > wrote in message

> Woohoo!! That's wonderful, Helen. Tetley is such a great name for a
> cat; tea and cats, for some reason they work together.

I agree....maybe because tea is something you often drink while settling
back to relax, and nothing is more relaxed and mellow than a cat in its
element. And I can't think of many things more relaxing that sitting down
with a cup of tea and a cuddly cat curled up in your lap. :)

(Not to mention that our cats like taking crafty sips of their dad's tea
whenever possible....) ;)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

August 11th 03, 10:56 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX > wrote:

>> But enquiring minds want to know: how did you get this cat home
>> on your bicycle??
>
> I didn't. I sent Vernon off ahead to go home & return with car and
> cat carrier.

Wow, this boy really *wanted* to be rescued, to wait with you while
Vernon went home and came back!

I'm so happy you found his people! They must be so relieved, not to
mention surprised - I'll bet that after two months, they must have
started to give up.

Joyce

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 11th 03, 11:56 PM
>That's wonderfull news. How far from his home did you find him?

Over a mile away.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Stacey
August 12th 03, 03:53 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in >
Found!!!

> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the
people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone
2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.
>
> Cheers, helen s

TWO MONTHS???? That's wonderful!!!!!!!!

Stacey :)

LOL
August 12th 03, 05:42 AM
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote in message >...
> >Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
> >is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!
>
> Found!!!
>
> This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
> surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
> who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
> months and they were very, very pleased to see him.
>
> Cheers, helen s

WooHoo! Two months?!? I bet they were *thrilled* beyond telling to
see him! Good work, Helen!

------
Krista
Who loves a happy ending

Jeanette
August 12th 03, 09:41 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX > wrote in message
> I have a visitor.

inevitable!