PDA

View Full Version : Ping: Yowie

Stacey
August 12th 03, 03:58 AM
Yowie!!!!!!!

I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Stacey ;)

--
Stacey :)

Hugs, Not Bugs!
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
http://home.rochester.rr.com/stave508
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
If I want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on the
cats!

Bev
August 12th 03, 06:51 AM
Lois Reay wrote:

> "Stacey" > wrote in message
> > Yowie!!!!!!!
> >
> > I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> > delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
> >
> > Stacey ;)
>
> Congratulations Yowie and Joel.
>
> Lois

So pleased for you both ::::)))

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

Yowie
August 12th 03, 08:07 AM
"Stacey" > wrote in message
> Yowie!!!!!!!
>
> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.

I went for my first blood sucking session today - she took 5 vials!

And obstetricians are impossible to get in my town despite having the best
level of medical insurance, because the insurance industry has made it all
but impossible for obstetricians to carry out their practice with liability
insurance. The earliest I can get to see one is the 24th of September and
thats only because somebody cancelled just before I rang today. And thats
still no guarantee I'll actually see the guy on the day I made the
appointment. I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but the
odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician attending
the birth.

Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite successfully
without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its a
remarkably boring pregnancy.

Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

Yoj
August 12th 03, 08:23 AM
"Yowie" > wrote in message
> "Stacey" > wrote in message
> > Yowie!!!!!!!
> >
> > I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an
impending
> > delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a
teensy
> eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until
around
> April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
>
> I went for my first blood sucking session today - she took 5 vials!
>
> And obstetricians are impossible to get in my town despite having the
best
> level of medical insurance, because the insurance industry has made it
all
> but impossible for obstetricians to carry out their practice with
liability
> insurance. The earliest I can get to see one is the 24th of September
and
> thats only because somebody cancelled just before I rang today. And
thats
> still no guarantee I'll actually see the guy on the day I made the
> appointment. I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but
the
> odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician
attending
> the birth.
>
> Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite
successfully
> without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its
> remarkably boring pregnancy.
>
> Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

I can understand that last remark. This is the first I learned of it,
and your post took me on an emotional roller coaster. I'm thrilled for
the two of you, and horrified that you have to wait so long to see an
obstetrician. Physicians here are also having a bad time because of
malpractice insurance. I have heard that a lot of women actually prefer
a midwife for delivery, and as long as everything goes the way it should
(and it usually does), that should be fine. Still, I can understand
that it is scary not to be able to count on full medical support in case
of need.

I would hope that they're going to do a lot of testing with all that
blood, and that if any problem were discovered, they would make sure you
saw a doctor sooner. Anyway, I hope the whole pregnancy, and the labor,
are routine.

A couple on one of my other newsgroups just became grandparents for the
first time. They were rather concerned, because their daughter-in-law
was 40. Everything went fine, and she was only in labor for 3 hours. I
wish the same sort of luck for you.

Congratulations and all best wishes!

Joy

Helen Wheelss
August 12th 03, 08:53 AM
Yowie wrote:
> "Stacey" > wrote in message
>
>>Yowie!!!!!!!
>>
>>I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
>>delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>

> Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
> eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
> April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
>
> I went for my first blood sucking session today - she took 5 vials!
>
> And obstetricians are impossible to get in my town despite having the best
> level of medical insurance, because the insurance industry has made it all
> but impossible for obstetricians to carry out their practice with liability
> insurance. The earliest I can get to see one is the 24th of September and
> thats only because somebody cancelled just before I rang today. And thats
> still no guarantee I'll actually see the guy on the day I made the
> appointment. I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but the
> odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician attending
> the birth.
>
> Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite successfully
> without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its a
> remarkably boring pregnancy.
>
> Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

Woh, congratulations!
Here's hoping you have a happy, healthy time of being up the
duff, and here's to a happy healthy littl'un. Preferably one
shaped like a bullet :)
and BTW I have the good fortune to know several midwives
where I work at the moment, and the odd obstetrician too -
in the most unlikely event I ever needed one of the above,
I'd take the midwife any day!
Helen Wheels

August 12th 03, 09:54 AM
Yowie > wrote:

> Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy eensy weensy
> barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around April 12
> next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!! That's great news.

> I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but the odds are
> good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician attending the
> birth.

Plenty of women make a point of having a midwife at their baby's birth
rather than an obstetrician. In any case, you will be in a hospital, so
you're covered if there are any problems.

> Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite successfully
> without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its a
> remarkably boring pregnancy.

Well, the pregnancy probably won't be boring, but I hope the labor is! :)

Joyce

OU812?
August 12th 03, 10:38 AM
Stacey wrote:
> Yowie!!!!!!!
>
> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Stacey ;)

Congratulations Yowie!!

From someone who's done it twice: Yeah, it hurts, but you hardly remember
the pain once you get that baby in your arms!! Best of wishes!!

Kristy
see my breastfeeding website http://user.fundy.net/krispyp

--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Stacey
August 12th 03, 11:56 AM
"Yowie" wrote...

<SNIPPAGE> Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite
successfully without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only
hope its a
> remarkably boring pregnancy.
>
> Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

Yowie.. heck, women around the world today still go out, squat in the field
and have the baby, right? How'r you at squatting? LOL. You'll do
beautifully!!!!

Stacey

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 12th 03, 05:29 PM
>Yowie!!!!!!!
>
>I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
>delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!

Well! Fancy that! We know what she & Joel have been up to then!! My cats are
*shocked* ;-)

*Congratulations* Yowie & Joel. This furless kitten is going to have a lot of
cyber aunts & uncles!!!

Cheers, helens

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Victor M. Martinez
August 12th 03, 05:57 PM
Congratulations from us as well!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Adrian
August 12th 03, 06:51 PM
Yowie wrote:
> "Stacey" > wrote in message
>> Yowie!!!!!!!
>>
>> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
>> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a
> teensy eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it
> until around April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I
> don't lose it.

Congratulations Vicky, April 12 is also my sister's birthday. :-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Debra Berry
August 12th 03, 08:48 PM
What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Debbie Berry

Yowie wrote:

> "Stacey" > wrote in message
> > Yowie!!!!!!!
> >
> > I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> > delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
> eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
> April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
>
> I went for my first blood sucking session today - she took 5 vials!
>
> And obstetricians are impossible to get in my town despite having the best
> level of medical insurance, because the insurance industry has made it all
> but impossible for obstetricians to carry out their practice with liability
> insurance. The earliest I can get to see one is the 24th of September and
> thats only because somebody cancelled just before I rang today. And thats
> still no guarantee I'll actually see the guy on the day I made the
> appointment. I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but the
> odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician attending
> the birth.
>
> Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite successfully
> without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its a
> remarkably boring pregnancy.
>
> Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

Sherry
August 12th 03, 11:44 PM
>Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
>eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
>April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.

Congratulations!!! April 12 is an excellent birthday. (oh, wait a sec. Is that
spring there?) Nevermind. It's still an excellent birthday. Mine is the 16th.

Sherry

Byron & Christine Burel
August 13th 03, 02:38 AM
"Stacey" > wrote in message
> Yowie!!!!!!!
>
> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Stacey ;)
>
> --
> Stacey :)
>
> Hugs, Not Bugs!
> ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/stave508
> ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
> If I want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on the
> cats!

Yowie! How exciting for you and Joel -- many congratulatory hugs and purrs
from all of us!
Christine

Di
August 13th 03, 02:44 AM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:07:43 +1000, "Yowie" >
wrote:

>Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
>eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
>April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.

Congratulations. April is a good month :), DD is April 13th.

>Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite successfully
>without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its a
>remarkably boring pregnancy.
>
>Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)

Get use to that feeling :). Best of luck for an uneventful oregnancy.

Di

Tanada
August 13th 03, 03:21 AM
Stacey wrote:

> Yowie!!!!!!!
>
> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

YOW!!! <Sings offkey> Vicky's having a kitty, Vicky's having a kitty.
The kitty's going to be furless, Smog's gonna be a brother, Vicky's
having a kitty...

Congrats Vicky. I promise not to sing at the birth.

Pam S. with her fingers crossed behind her back

Tanada
August 13th 03, 03:27 AM
Adrian wrote:

> Congratulations Vicky, April 12 is also my sister's birthday. :-)
> --

I vote that Adrian be head "Godpaw." I bet that he'd be great at it.

Pam S. who's proud to be one of the Godmeowmies

Cathi
August 13th 03, 06:03 AM
Congrats from the Whitstable gang here!
--
Cathi

Seanette Blaylock
August 13th 03, 09:45 AM
(Sherry ) had some very interesting things to say
about Re: Yowie:
>>Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a teensy
>>eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until around
>>April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
>Congratulations!!! April 12 is an excellent birthday. (oh, wait a sec. Is that
>spring there?) Nevermind. It's still an excellent birthday. Mine is the 16th.

My wedding anniversary is April 13.

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Adrian
August 13th 03, 05:01 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>> Yowie!!!!!!!
>>
>> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
>> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> Well! Fancy that! We know what she & Joel have been up to then!! My
> cats are *shocked* ;-)
>
> *Congratulations* Yowie & Joel. This furless kitten is going to have
> a lot of cyber aunts & uncles!!!
>
> Cheers, helens

I bet it was Frank and Waffles giving them ideas, I wonder if Joel has a
garter.;-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Tanada
August 13th 03, 06:43 PM
Seanette Blaylock wrote:

> My wedding anniversary is April 13.
>
> -

We bought our first brand new car on April 13, 1987. Our wedding
anniversary is on June 13.

Pam S. whose hubby says that 13 has always been lucky for him.

CK
August 13th 03, 08:00 PM
polonca12000 wrote:
> Lots of job purrs for your hubby, Christine,

Thank you, Polonca!! :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

CK
August 13th 03, 08:05 PM
Tanada wrote:
> Job finding purrs and thoughts so that we can purr and think kind
> thoughts for you to have your own bare kitten. BTW, women in their 40s
> are getting pregnant for the first time. Unless you've gone through
> menopause, you shouldn't give up.
>
> Pam S. who believes that all bare and furry kittens should be conceived
> in love and laughter and only to those families who truly want them.

Thank you for those comforting words, Pam.
No menopause here yet, but I'm just a bit wary that as my periods
started fairly early (I seem to remember I was 12), that they might stop
on the early side too, with all the side-effects that menopause
brings... I didn't want babies earlier, but now I do. Maybe it's coz
I've now got the man I want to have them with.

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Tanada
August 13th 03, 09:09 PM
Adrian wrote:

> Tanada wrote:
> > Adrian wrote:
> >>

> >> Congratulations Vicky, April 12 is also my sister's birthday. :-)
> >> --
> >>

> > I vote that Adrian be head "Godpaw." I bet that he'd be great at it.
> >
> > Pam S. who's proud to be one of the Godmeowmies
>
> A bit difficult being a "Godpaw" when you're 12,000 miles away.:-)
> --

Nope, it's not. You send a silver spoon and cup set when the bare
kitten is born, cards, $, and advice upon occasion. Then, if anything
happens to Vicky and Joel, and none of their families are able or
adequate to handling the baby, you take care of him/her. The odds of
the later are very slight, and you get all the glory without having to
worry (much) about all the responsibility. After baby yowie is born,
you can save up your pennies and visit your godkittens and their family
and post pictures of them. I like it more and more.

Pam S. who thinks Adrian would be an excellent Godpaw and whose Godpaw
and Maw for their bare kitties didn't do any of the above

Tanada
August 13th 03, 09:10 PM
Adrian wrote:

> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Yowie!!!!!!!
> >>
> >> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> >> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Well! Fancy that! We know what she & Joel have been up to then!! My
> > cats are *shocked* ;-)
> >
> > *Congratulations* Yowie & Joel. This furless kitten is going to have
> > a lot of cyber aunts & uncles!!!
> >
> > Cheers, helens
> >
> I bet it was Frank and Waffles giving them ideas, I wonder if Joel has a
> garter.;-)
> --

Bet he does...nope, don't wanna ask. HEY VICKY.....

Pam S.

Stacey
August 14th 03, 12:03 AM
Adrian wrote <SNIP> I bet it was Frank and Waffles giving them ideas, I
wonder if Joel has a
> garter.;-)
> --
> Adrian
> A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.
\
OK.. I gotta know what you mean when y'all talk about Franks "garters"? To
me, a garter is the elastic band that a bride wears on her leg to her
wedding (that gets taken off by the new hubby then the guy who catches the
garter has to put it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet). Also,
garter belts are the things that hold up the stockings ... is this what we
are talking about? This confuses little 'ol me because usually the women
wear the garter, and last I checked, Frank was no woman?!

Thanks :)

Dimwit Stacey :)

Marina
August 14th 03, 04:23 AM
"Stacey" > wrote
> \
> OK.. I gotta know what you mean when y'all talk about Franks "garters"? To
> me, a garter is the elastic band that a bride wears on her leg to her
> wedding (that gets taken off by the new hubby then the guy who catches the
> garter has to put it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet).
Also,
> garter belts are the things that hold up the stockings ... is this what we
> are talking about? This confuses little 'ol me because usually the women
> wear the garter, and last I checked, Frank was no woman?!

The garter thing comes from when a coworker of mine came to visit me, and
when she saw Frank she said, "Oh look, he's wearing a tuxedo and garters!
What a kinky cat you have!" Frank has what looks like white socks on his
back legs, and both are circled by a band of black. ;o)

--
Marina

Yowie
August 14th 03, 05:20 AM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Tanada wrote:
> > Adrian wrote:
> >>

> >> Congratulations Vicky, April 12 is also my sister's birthday. :-)
> >> --
> >>

> > I vote that Adrian be head "Godpaw." I bet that he'd be great at it.
> >
> > Pam S. who's proud to be one of the Godmeowmies
>
> A bit difficult being a "Godpaw" when you're 12,000 miles away.:-)

No its not. Godpaws and Godmeowmies are just extra special people who care
about the barekitten and are happy to listen to me rambling on about him or
her. Very much like we are all Hannah Eve's and Clementine's Godpaw &
Godmeowmies. Sure, silver spoons, cards and the like are always welcome but
the only real requirement is that you are concerned with the child (and the
family's) welfare and offer what help you can when its needed.

In days gone by, Godparents were there to raise the child if the parents
became incapable. But these days I think a Godparent is effectively a family
member that doens't have the pleasure of being related by blood. And all of
you folks here (bar the trolls) are like family to me, so you have every
right to consider yourself Godparents. Distance has nothing to do with it.

Although perhaps a more appropriate term is Purrparents :-)

Yowie

LOL
August 14th 03, 06:34 AM
"Stacey" > wrote in message >...
> Yowie!!!!!!!
>
> I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
> delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
>
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
>
> Stacey ;)
>
> --
> Stacey :)

WooHoo! Congratulations, Yowie and Joel! We can all look forward to
huddling obsessively over our puters in IM, like when Eve was born.
Won't you feel better in labor knowing that people all over the world
are waiting impatiently for its end result? :-P

I hope everything goes perfectly smoothly for you. It's marvelous to
know there's another new little catslave getting ready to join the
party.

------
Krista

Yowie
August 14th 03, 10:56 AM
"Yoj" > wrote in message
> "Yowie" > wrote in message
> > "Stacey" > wrote in message
> > > Yowie!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an
> impending
> > > delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
> >
> > Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a
> teensy
> > eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until
> around
> > April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
> >
> > I went for my first blood sucking session today - she took 5 vials!
> >
> > And obstetricians are impossible to get in my town despite having the
> best
> > level of medical insurance, because the insurance industry has made it
> all
> > but impossible for obstetricians to carry out their practice with
> liability
> > insurance. The earliest I can get to see one is the 24th of September
> and
> > thats only because somebody cancelled just before I rang today. And
> thats
> > still no guarantee I'll actually see the guy on the day I made the
> > appointment. I may be able to have labour in a private hospital, but
> the
> > odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician
> attending
> > the birth.
> >
> > Well, on thebright side, women have been giving birth quite
> successfully
> > without ever needing hospitals or obstetricians, we can only hope its
> > remarkably boring pregnancy.
> >
> > Yowie (terrified & excited all at the same time)
>
> I can understand that last remark. This is the first I learned of it,
> and your post took me on an emotional roller coaster. I'm thrilled for
> the two of you, and horrified that you have to wait so long to see an
> obstetrician. Physicians here are also having a bad time because of
> malpractice insurance. I have heard that a lot of women actually prefer
> a midwife for delivery, and as long as everything goes the way it should
> (and it usually does), that should be fine. Still, I can understand
> that it is scary not to be able to count on full medical support in case
> of need.
>
> I would hope that they're going to do a lot of testing with all that
> blood, and that if any problem were discovered, they would make sure you
> saw a doctor sooner. Anyway, I hope the whole pregnancy, and the labor,
> are routine.
>
> A couple on one of my other newsgroups just became grandparents for the
> first time. They were rather concerned, because their daughter-in-law
> was 40. Everything went fine, and she was only in labor for 3 hours. I
> wish the same sort of luck for you.
>
> Congratulations and all best wishes!

3 hours sounds like a good sort of time for labour. (Why does everyone
regale you with 72 hour horror stories as soon as they find out you've got a
bun in the oven?) My mother says if I came out any more quickly i would have
hit the back wall. I'm hoping that its hereditary - although when I was 16
and terribly embarrassed about my body, my doctor grabbed my by my hips and
told me what a fine baby making body I was growing, particularly my nice
broad hips - perfect for bearing babies apparantly. At 16 I could have died
from that description, but I"m hoping that, despite the extra layers of
"insulation" and "cuddliness" I have developed since 16, the hips are still
good baby bearing types.

Yowie

Yowie
August 14th 03, 11:00 AM
"CK" > wrote in message
> Yowie wrote:
> >
> > Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a
teensy
> > eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until
around
> > April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.
> >

> CONGRATULATIONS!!!
>
> Now I only wish we would get our finances straight (= that hubby would
> find a job) so I could, maybe, follow suit... but I'm a bit on the old
> side already... :/

Purrs for the finances. And don't worry about being a bit "old", so am I!
(And trust me, I don't feel any older than I did at 21!)

Yowie

Yowie
August 14th 03, 11:03 AM
"Tanada" > wrote

> Pam S. who believes that all bare and furry kittens should be conceived
> in love and laughter and only to those families who truly want them.

Well, I can assure you this bare kitten is much wanted and was conceived in
alot love & laughter - I'm fairly sure "she" was conceived on my birthday,
with help from a red satin birthday present :-)

Yowie

Yowie
August 14th 03, 11:08 AM
"Tanada" > wrote in message
> Adrian wrote:

> > > Well! Fancy that! We know what she & Joel have been up to then!! My
> > > cats are *shocked* ;-)
> > >
> > > *Congratulations* Yowie & Joel. This furless kitten is going to have
> > > a lot of cyber aunts & uncles!!!
> > >
> > > Cheers, helens
> > >
> > I bet it was Frank and Waffles giving them ideas, I wonder if Joel has a
> > garter.;-)
> > --
> >

> Bet he does...nope, don't wanna ask. HEY VICKY.....

Hey! A girl has got to keep some of her bedroom activities private!!!!!

Yowie
PS - Ask Dave. Even though he doesn't know, I'm sure the story he makes up
will be far more interesting than anything I can tell you :-)

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 14th 03, 11:45 AM
>"Oh look, he's wearing a tuxedo and garters!
>What a kinky cat you have!" Frank has what looks like white socks on his
>back legs, and both are circled by a band of black. ;o)

The *only* purrson Frank is enjoyably k*nky with is *me*...

PPPPPUUUUUUURRRRRR

Waffles

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 14th 03, 02:43 PM
>Won't you feel better in labor knowing that people all over the world
>are waiting impatiently for its end result? :-P

I think there should be a web cam set up for the actual event. We can all shout
*PPPPUUUUUSSSSHHHH* in unison... ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Annie Wxill
August 15th 03, 09:21 PM
"Yowie" > wrote in message
.... >
> > > Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a
> > teensy
> > > eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until
> > around
> > > April 12 next year, ... I may be able to have labour in a private
hospital, but
> > the
> > > odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician
> > attending
> > > the birth.
....> > >
....>
> Yowie
Sorry to piggyback. I've been too busy to do more than scan the messages
and I can't believe I almost missed out on something so special.
Many congratulations.
April is a great time to give birth in the northern hemisphere. I don't know
about the southern half. My daughters came in April and May. In fact, the
June baby was totally planned because I told my husband the prior August
that I would not go through a summer being pregnant, so it was either get
pregnant by September or wait another year.
As for the obstetrician, during my childbearing years, they were all men,
and idiots to boot. Given a choice, I'd much prefer to have had a midwife
(if the person is a male, is it midhusband?) or at least a female
obstetrician. In fact, because of my past experiences, I generally prefer a
woman doctor.
I understand your problem getting a doctor. My doctor is leaving town,
partly because of the cost of medical insurance, and now I have to find one
who is taking new patients.
I always considered being pregnant a great responsibility and an awesome
privilege. Just keep in mind that the best way to ensure your baby a
healthy start in life is to take the best possible care of yourself.
Of course, we will be sending prayers and purrs, just to give you a boost.
Annie (happy dancing)

CK
August 15th 03, 10:50 PM
Yowie wrote:

> "CK" > wrote in message
>>
>>CONGRATULATIONS!!!
>>
>>Now I only wish we would get our finances straight (= that hubby would
>>find a job) so I could, maybe, follow suit... but I'm a bit on the old
>>side already... :/
>

> Purrs for the finances. And don't worry about being a bit "old", so am I!
> (And trust me, I don't feel any older than I did at 21!)
>
> Yowie

It's not that I'd *feel* old (ppl who don't know me think I'm under 30
and not 40 like I am), but I *am* old (on the older side) when it comes
to having babies... oh well, if it's meant to be, it'll happen...

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Tanada
August 16th 03, 12:26 AM
Yowie wrote:

> 3 hours sounds like a good sort of time for labour. (Why does everyone
> regale you with 72 hour horror stories as soon as they find out you've got a
> bun in the oven?) My mother says if I came out any more quickly i would have
> hit the back wall. I'm hoping that its hereditary - although when I was 16
> and terribly embarrassed about my body, my doctor grabbed my by my hips and
> told me what a fine baby making body I was growing, particularly my nice
> broad hips - perfect for bearing babies apparantly. At 16 I could have died
> from that description, but I"m hoping that, despite the extra layers of
> "insulation" and "cuddliness" I have developed since 16, the hips are still
> good baby bearing types.

Vicky, my oldest, Jason, was 4 hours, Mike was 45 minutes, and Mandy was
5 3/4 hours. In spite of the "extra padding" I really had no problems.
I walked with each of them and that helped strengthen my leg and pelvic
muscles so that it was easier for me. I didn't have time for a doctor
with Mike, he was delivered by the labor room nurses. Mandy delivered
herself (just slid right out) while they were trying to find a OB.
Rob's flight surgeon was working in the emergency room and was the only
Dr they could find, so his name is on her birth certificate. With Jason,
the Doctor arrived just in time to play catch. They all did fine, and
your baby Yowie will do well too.

I don't know what possesses people to tell the 30+ hour labor horror
stories, unless it's a scare them, sadistic pleasure, sort of thing.
I've seen seasoned military wives do that to the little 17 year old
babies that are in for their first one, and always tell them that it
isn't always true, my first one took 4 hours. It helps, somewhat, to
ease their fears.

Pam S. who had great baby hips

Tanada
August 16th 03, 12:31 AM
Yowie wrote:

> "Tanada" > wrote
>
> > Pam S. who believes that all bare and furry kittens should be conceived
> > in love and laughter and only to those families who truly want them.
>
> Well, I can assure you this bare kitten is much wanted and was conceived in
> alot love & laughter - I'm fairly sure "she" was conceived on my birthday,
> with help from a red satin birthday present :-)
>
> Yowie

WooHoo, way to go Joel!!! LOL, Mandy was a mid-tour Korea dividend. I
swear Rob had my knickers off and me knocked up within 15 minutes of
getting home on leave. Talk about being conceived in love and
laughter... Yes, she was, and is, very much wanted. They all were,
even though I gripe about them a lot.

There was a joke running around the trailer park where we first lived at
Ft Campbell, about a red satin nightie. It seemed that all three women
who borrowed it, as well as the owner, ended up pregnant. It was a
pretty potent fertility stimulus.

Pam S. who's impressed

bewtifulfreak
August 16th 03, 04:26 AM
"Tanada" > wrote in message
> Seanette Blaylock wrote:
> >

> > My wedding anniversary is April 13.
> >
> > -
>
> We bought our first brand new car on April 13, 1987. Our wedding
> anniversary is on June 13.
>
> Pam S. whose hubby says that 13 has always been lucky for him.

Well, before 13 was said to be unlucky, it was considered a sacred number
because it's the number of phases of moons in the year. It was only to
quash the pagan aspect of it that 13 was later said to be unlucky.

Jo Firey
August 16th 03, 04:30 AM
Quick and easy is far more common than you might think. My SIL was told that if she
had a third child, not to bother going to the hospital. The first was delivered less
than an hour after she got to the hospital. The second within minutes. And she is a
tiny little mom. My daughter was in hard labor less than 2 hours with each of her
three. When she had the second one, we stopped at her neighbors on the way to the
hospital to pick up her firstborn. By the time we got there, she was sitting up
eating lunch and the baby was asleep next to her.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."
"Tanada" > wrote in message
> Yowie wrote:
> >

> > 3 hours sounds like a good sort of time for labour. (Why does everyone
> > regale you with 72 hour horror stories as soon as they find out you've got a
> > bun in the oven?) My mother says if I came out any more quickly i would have
> > hit the back wall. I'm hoping that its hereditary - although when I was 16
> > and terribly embarrassed about my body, my doctor grabbed my by my hips and
> > told me what a fine baby making body I was growing, particularly my nice
> > broad hips - perfect for bearing babies apparantly. At 16 I could have died
> > from that description, but I"m hoping that, despite the extra layers of
> > "insulation" and "cuddliness" I have developed since 16, the hips are still
> > good baby bearing types.
> >

> Vicky, my oldest, Jason, was 4 hours, Mike was 45 minutes, and Mandy was
> 5 3/4 hours. In spite of the "extra padding" I really had no problems.
> I walked with each of them and that helped strengthen my leg and pelvic
> muscles so that it was easier for me. I didn't have time for a doctor
> with Mike, he was delivered by the labor room nurses. Mandy delivered
> herself (just slid right out) while they were trying to find a OB.
> Rob's flight surgeon was working in the emergency room and was the only
> Dr they could find, so his name is on her birth certificate. With Jason,
> the Doctor arrived just in time to play catch. They all did fine, and
> your baby Yowie will do well too.
>
> I don't know what possesses people to tell the 30+ hour labor horror
> stories, unless it's a scare them, sadistic pleasure, sort of thing.
> I've seen seasoned military wives do that to the little 17 year old
> babies that are in for their first one, and always tell them that it
> isn't always true, my first one took 4 hours. It helps, somewhat, to
> ease their fears.
>
> Pam S. who had great baby hips

GraceCat
August 16th 03, 11:31 PM
Tanada > wrote in message >...
> Yowie wrote:
> >

> > 3 hours sounds like a good sort of time for labour. (Why does everyone
> > regale you with 72 hour horror stories as soon as they find out you've got a
> > bun in the oven?)

I was in labor four hours with Abi, less than 2 for Eve, that's active
contractions labor, pushing lasted max, 3 minutes. That's combined. I
pushed four times with Abi, I pushed maybe twice for Eve ;).

The deal with extended labor is that it comes in several stages and
the first stage can last upwards to two and three days. It's the
backache, pms/menstrual cramp, yucky feeling, it's actually a
pre-labor type thing. You can run around, drive, shop, and otherwise
participate in daily activities during this stage, just as you do
before and during your period.

The stuff about OH MY GOD, IT HURTS, Five minute between contractions
labor for hours and hours and hours and hours and days and days?
*snorts* Besides the fact that it exhausts you and the baby
unnecessarily with today's technology, if there are any complications,
they are more than ready to perform a cesarean. At least, that's
stateside. It's not dangerous and they won't let you suffer anymore
than they can prevent it :)

Tanada
August 18th 03, 03:47 AM
GraceCat wrote:

> Oh I knew what you meant ;). I was replying in general that the only 3
> days of anything she'll have is what she already knows as PMS.
>
> I don't doubt with complications in days of old, women did suffer for
> hours upon hours. But today it's so much easier on us as moms. They
> really have made childbirth fairly easy.
>
> I think.. I wonder.. Am I making sense? ;)
>
> Grace

I understood you, but I'm not sure I'm a reliable expert.

Pam S.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 18th 03, 03:53 PM
>I was in labor four hours with Abi, less than 2 for Eve, that's active
>contractions labor, pushing lasted max, 3 minutes. That's combined. I
>pushed four times with Abi, I pushed maybe twice for Eve ;).

Lucky you I was induced & still had a near 24 hour labour with Nathan.
Actually, he popped his head out, took a look around, decided he didn't much
care for that & popped back in... Little horror.

Cheers, helen s
(who really can remember every dam*ed contraction & *PPPPPUUUSSSHHH*)

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Tanada
August 18th 03, 06:32 PM
bewtifulfreak wrote:

> I'm childless at the moment, so I'm curious....do they put you on tilt
> tables fairly regularly now, so the pelvis is more open? I heard the only
> reason women ever had babies on their backs in the first place is because
> some pervy king wanted to watch, and that's why they ended up having to do
> so many episiotomies over the years. I was under the impression that now
> they often have women giving birth in a more natural crouched position. Is
> this true?

When I had Mandy, I was in something that looked sorta like a dental
chair, but with me perched on a set of arms. (does that make sense?)
It was much easier on the back than with the boys, as Mike was between
gurney and delivery room table (flat), and with Jason, I was lying flat
on my back, with my legs up in stirrups and the on call OB playing catch
until the regular OB walked in an did the honors.

Pam S.

bewtifulfreak
August 18th 03, 07:17 PM
Tanada wrote:
> bewtifulfreak wrote:
>>
>> I'm childless at the moment, so I'm curious....do they put you on
>> tilt tables fairly regularly now, so the pelvis is more open?

<snip>

> When I had Mandy, I was in something that looked sorta like a dental
> chair, but with me perched on a set of arms. (does that make sense?)

Yeah, it does, actually. :)

> It was much easier on the back than with the boys, as Mike was between
> gurney and delivery room table (flat), and with Jason, I was lying
> flat
> on my back, with my legs up in stirrups and the on call OB playing
> catch until the regular OB walked in an did the honors.

I can see why that would feel better, because the pelvis would be much more
open in that position, and that would certainly allow the baby to come out
with less effort (though still plenty, I'm sure!) and alleviate the back
strain. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

GraceCat
August 18th 03, 10:39 PM
"bewtifulfreak" > wrote in message >...
> GraceCat wrote:
>
> > I don't doubt with complications in days of old, women did suffer for
> > hours upon hours. But today it's so much easier on us as moms. They
> > really have made childbirth fairly easy.
>
> I'm childless at the moment, so I'm curious....do they put you on tilt
> tables fairly regularly now, so the pelvis is more open? I heard the only
> reason women ever had babies on their backs in the first place is because
> some pervy king wanted to watch, and that's why they ended up having to do
> so many episiotomies over the years. I was under the impression that now
> they often have women giving birth in a more natural crouched position. Is
> this true?
>
> Ann
> just wondering :)

I never heard that :). The bed I was in was a standard issue hospital
bed with the head tilted up and my legs bent, knees straight up and
spread as far as possible, feet in stirrups. Very unproper position,
dignity is swiftly removed.

I'm like Pam, I'm not an expert but I've always heard that
episiotomies were given because they believed it's better to cut than
to rip and repair. I had a fourth degree episiotomy the first time.
The second time I didn't even have a "carpet burn" as the doctor put
it. So the jury is out on if they're really necessary. I don't think
so, and certainly not to the extent my first OB gave me. A fourth
degree is well... ok hold on.

GROSS WARNING

GW

GW

GW

GW

GW

GW

GW

GW

They cut through the ummm.. I forgot what it's called between vagina
and anus, kind of making it one big opening. nod nod *plastered forced
grin*. Not everybody has something like that done. Yowie I'd ask your
attending person if they give episiotomies and strongly suggest a 4th
degree is unnecessary!. Apparently though through Victor, we're the
only ones (USA'ers) that are crazy fanatical about giving episiotomies
anymore. Victor said once to me, that none of his sisters nor his
mother had one. If I recall correctly that is.

So anyway, I babble again :)

Grace

bewtifulfreak
August 18th 03, 11:03 PM
GraceCat wrote:

> I never heard that :). The bed I was in was a standard issue hospital
> bed with the head tilted up and my legs bent, knees straight up and
> spread as far as possible, feet in stirrups. Very unproper position,
> dignity is swiftly removed.

LOL....I know that one from pap smears! But yeah, I do think they do more
births on tilt tables now, though I'm not sure if you have to request it, or
if it's just certain places, or what.

> I'm like Pam, I'm not an expert but I've always heard that
> episiotomies were given because they believed it's better to cut than
> to rip and repair.

That's probably true, but I think there isn't as much chance of tearing in
the first place if you're in more of a squatting position, because the
pelvis is more open. Of course, I'm no expert either....

> They cut through the ummm.. I forgot what it's called between vagina
> and anus

Perinium, I believe....*OUCH*.

kind of making it one big opening. nod nod *plastered forced
> grin*. Not everybody has something like that done. Yowie I'd ask your
> attending person if they give episiotomies and strongly suggest a 4th
> degree is unnecessary!

I agree; in most cases, I don't think even a first degree is necessary, I'd
definitely do some research, Yowie. Then again, I do think it's more of a
U.S. thing (we do a lot of dumb things over there).... :\

> So anyway, I babble again :)

You and me both! :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 18th 03, 11:47 PM
>That's probably true, but I think there isn't as much chance of tearing in
>the first place if you're in more of a squatting position, because the
>pelvis is more open. Of course, I'm no expert either....

snippity... hmm.. is that appropriate in this thread ;-)

When I was preggers and did my ante-natal courses, we were told bymidwives that
it was better to tear than to cut as the relatively ragged edges of a tear heal
faster & better than a cut.

Cheers, helen s