PDA

View Full Version : Re: Now and then, I get good neighbors

bewtifulfreak
August 12th 03, 04:15 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> Basically, he was more worried about the cat than he was about his own
> hide. I think I like these neighbors.

Awww, that is so sweet! I like those neighbors, too, wish there were more
like them. :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Karen Chuplis
August 12th 03, 04:29 AM
in article , Mark Edwards at
wrote on 8/11/03 10:13 PM:

> Tonight, we had severe thunderstorms rolling through the area. Some of
> them with nickel- and quarter-sized hail.
>
> I got home just ahead of the storms, and went out, looking for ferals
> (sounds sorta like a gameshow - grin).
>
> Squeaky Girl came up and had a few bites, then ran off under the
> building. She was no fool - she knew the weather was going to get
> nasty.
>
> Buster showed up later, after the rain started, but curled into a
> tight ball in the corner outside our door. As soon as I opened the
> door, he meowed to be let in. Of course, I let him in.
>
> I went to the back door, and there was a cat I call Grumpy (so called
> because he loves to be petted, but has a yowly, grumpy, don't touch me
> kind of meow when you do pet him), eating from the bowl I leave out
> for Spot and Lady.
>
> He started to run, when I came out, but I encouraged him to stay and
> eat, where it was dry, and had food. I sat with him while he ate.
>
> This is the cat that our upstairs neighbors gave a lion cut to, to
> help him deal with the summer heat. This is the cat that they took to
> the vet to make sure he was healthy. These neighbors have three dogs.
>
> Well, here I am, sweet-talking Grumpy, and petting him, when up
> overhead, I hear a shrill "Heeeere, kitttty! Heeeerree kitty, kitty!"
>
> Well, Grumpy runs off, and gets underneath the nearest car. The
> neighbor looks around and doesn't see Grumpy. But he's still calling
> the cat. After a few few moments, the hail starts. Grumpy runs out
> from under the car, and underneath the sharp and pointy holly bushes
> against the building.
>
> The neighbor, wearing a pair of shorts and no shirt, comes down the
> steps and into the rain and hail, reaches into the bushes (did I
> mention that they are sharp and pointy bushes), and grabs Grumpy.
>
> As he goes back upstairs with a noisy, unhappy Grumpy, he is pelted by
> small hailstones, and adds his own cusswords to Grumpy's.
>
> Basically, he was more worried about the cat than he was about his own
> hide. I think I like these neighbors.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
That is great :)

Karen

Alan Erskine
August 12th 03, 06:16 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

Good to hear! ;-)

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Yoj
August 12th 03, 06:30 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> Tonight, we had severe thunderstorms rolling through the area. Some of
> them with nickel- and quarter-sized hail.
>
> I got home just ahead of the storms, and went out, looking for ferals
> (sounds sorta like a gameshow - grin).
>
> Squeaky Girl came up and had a few bites, then ran off under the
> building. She was no fool - she knew the weather was going to get
> nasty.
>
> Buster showed up later, after the rain started, but curled into a
> tight ball in the corner outside our door. As soon as I opened the
> door, he meowed to be let in. Of course, I let him in.
>
> I went to the back door, and there was a cat I call Grumpy (so called
> because he loves to be petted, but has a yowly, grumpy, don't touch me
> kind of meow when you do pet him), eating from the bowl I leave out
> for Spot and Lady.
>
> He started to run, when I came out, but I encouraged him to stay and
> eat, where it was dry, and had food. I sat with him while he ate.
>
> This is the cat that our upstairs neighbors gave a lion cut to, to
> help him deal with the summer heat. This is the cat that they took to
> the vet to make sure he was healthy. These neighbors have three dogs.
>
> Well, here I am, sweet-talking Grumpy, and petting him, when up
> overhead, I hear a shrill "Heeeere, kitttty! Heeeerree kitty, kitty!"
>
> Well, Grumpy runs off, and gets underneath the nearest car. The
> neighbor looks around and doesn't see Grumpy. But he's still calling
> the cat. After a few few moments, the hail starts. Grumpy runs out
> from under the car, and underneath the sharp and pointy holly bushes
> against the building.
>
> The neighbor, wearing a pair of shorts and no shirt, comes down the
> steps and into the rain and hail, reaches into the bushes (did I
> mention that they are sharp and pointy bushes), and grabs Grumpy.
>
> As he goes back upstairs with a noisy, unhappy Grumpy, he is pelted by
> small hailstones, and adds his own cusswords to Grumpy's.
>
> Basically, he was more worried about the cat than he was about his own
> hide. I think I like these neighbors.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark

Definitely our kind of neighbors! Wonderful!

Joy

polonca12000
August 12th 03, 12:45 PM
You are taking such good care of these kitties, and so is your neighbour.
They are lucky to have you both.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> Tonight, we had severe thunderstorms rolling through the area. Some of
> them with nickel- and quarter-sized hail.
<snip>

Victor M. Martinez
August 12th 03, 12:55 PM
Mark Edwards > wrote:
>Basically, he was more worried about the cat than he was about his own
>hide. I think I like these neighbors.

I like them too!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

lewe
August 13th 03, 09:53 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message

> Tonight, we had severe thunderstorms rolling through the area. Some of
> them with nickel- and quarter-sized hail.
<>
> The neighbor, wearing a pair of shorts and no shirt, comes down the
> steps and into the rain and hail, reaches into the bushes (did I
> mention that they are sharp and pointy bushes), and grabs Grumpy.
>
> As he goes back upstairs with a noisy, unhappy Grumpy, he is pelted by
> small hailstones, and adds his own cusswords to Grumpy's.
>
> Basically, he was more worried about the cat than he was about his own
> hide. I think I like these neighbors.

aow, what a pair!

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi