PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat or cats smile all the time?

jmcquown
December 18th 05, 04:14 AM
Persia always looks like she's smiling, even when she has a slightly
furroughed brow, looking like she's anxious about something. (Of course
this changes if she's yowling at the neighbor cats invading her territory
outside the windows.) But she always looks so happy... and she purrs and
snuggles and just generally looking like she's smiling and happy to be here.
Even when she's asleep she looks like she's smiling. I don't know if this
is just the shape of her jaw or what. She purrs constantly, too, but I have
come to realize which ones are sleepy, contented purrs vs. slightly
'disturbed by something' purrs. Still, she purrs all the time unless she's
in a really *deep* sleep... then she dreams and kicks with her paws and
sometimes wakes me up. I soothe her with gentle pats and she calms back
down and starts softly purring way down low... still asleep but soothed by
her hoomin :) I love my Persia!

Jill

Kreisleriana
December 18th 05, 04:17 AM
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:14:07 -0600, "jmcquown"
> yodeled:

>Persia always looks like she's smiling, even when she has a slightly
>furroughed brow, looking like she's anxious about something. (Of course
>this changes if she's yowling at the neighbor cats invading her territory
>outside the windows.) But she always looks so happy... and she purrs and
>snuggles and just generally looking like she's smiling and happy to be here.
>Even when she's asleep she looks like she's smiling. I don't know if this
>is just the shape of her jaw or what. She purrs constantly, too, but I have
>come to realize which ones are sleepy, contented purrs vs. slightly
>'disturbed by something' purrs. Still, she purrs all the time unless she's
>in a really *deep* sleep... then she dreams and kicks with her paws and
>sometimes wakes me up. I soothe her with gentle pats and she calms back
>down and starts softly purring way down low... still asleep but soothed by
>her hoomin :) I love my Persia!
>
>Jill

Dante has a ridiculously smug little expression. Stinky has always
been a smiley cat. ;)

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Takayuki
December 18th 05, 04:43 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote:
>Persia always looks like she's smiling, even when she has a slightly
>furroughed brow, looking like she's anxious about something. (Of course
>this changes if she's yowling at the neighbor cats invading her territory
>outside the windows.) But she always looks so happy... and she purrs and
>snuggles and just generally looking like she's smiling and happy to be here.
>Even when she's asleep she looks like she's smiling.

They take on different expressions when they're awake, but cats always
look to me like they're smiling when they're asleep.

Azy
December 18th 05, 06:54 AM
~~Persia always looks like she's smiling~~

That must be really wonderful. Mr. Humphries always looks like he's
hatching a plot to break into the UN building and take over the world.
Personally, I think his squeezableness has gone to his head; but he
insists that I'm just jealous, because I'm not a cat.

One thing that does strike me about him, though, is that he's all black
with white skin. It looks like he's got white lips. I often tell him
that he's just a brown, striped tabby with furry, white lips
masquerading as a mini-panther. I don't worry about hurting his feline
feelings though, as he usually just gives me a look before snubbing me
completely. Besides, he's the one that goes on about not having the
weaknesses associated with emotion. Oh well.

Cheers,
Azy!

"I freely admit that I am no scientist....It is only because of my
superior feline reasoning and an inability to develop dogmatic,
human-like philosophies that I can confidently suggest faults in the
modern scientific method." ~~Mr. Fleez
( www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com )

Marina
December 18th 05, 02:37 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> Persia always looks like she's smiling

Like this? ;o)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/317457195/317457195kJBOjR

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

jmcquown
December 18th 05, 02:42 PM
Marina wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Persia always looks like she's smiling
>
> Like this? ;o)
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/317457195/317457195kJBOjR

LOLOL Yes!!! I swear Persia is half Russian Blue.

Jill

badwilson
December 19th 05, 04:04 AM
Marina wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Persia always looks like she's smiling
>
> Like this? ;o)
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/317457195/317457195kJBOjR

I love Miranda's smile! She's definitely the most smiliest cat I've
ever seen :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Azy
December 19th 05, 05:36 AM
That is amazingly cute! I wish Flea smiled all the time. I wish he
smiled ever.

Cheers,
Azy!

"I freely admit that I am no scientist....It is only because of my
superior feline reasoning and an inability to develop dogmatic,
human-like philosophies that I can confidently suggest faults in the
modern scientific method." ~~Mr. Fleez
( www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com )

Monique Y. Mudama
December 19th 05, 07:37 PM
On 2005-12-18, Azy penned:
> ~~Persia always looks like she's smiling~~
>
> That must be really wonderful. Mr. Humphries always looks like he's
> hatching a plot to break into the UN building and take over the
> world. Personally, I think his squeezableness has gone to his head;
> but he insists that I'm just jealous, because I'm not a cat.

Yup. Oscar typically looks at me like she's wondering how someone
with so few brain cells could possibly continue to breathe.

When she's playing she's a joy to behold, though =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Azy
December 21st 05, 05:15 PM
~~Oscar typically looks at me like she's wondering how someone with so
few brain cells could possibly continue to breathe.~~

Yeah, that very look is the inspiration for Housecat Wisdom.
Nevertheless, I must agree on they play thing. Flea is a leaper and
bounder. (Heavy on the bounder.) I love to get him going with a laser
pointer. ::grin::

Cheers,
Azy!

"Yes, he that controls the menu controls the contentment of all at the
table." ~~Mr. Fleez.

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com