PDA

View Full Version : Holiday cards, or the lack thereof

Yowie
December 18th 05, 08:32 PM
Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration, and the
Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done early to avoid the
stress at crunch time.

Yesterday, I finsihed all the Christmas shopping I could (one gift to go
that I can't get any other time besides Xmas eve wheter i wanted to or not).
I'm about to go do the car registration and...

No, sadly, the cards are still sitting where I put them when I first brought
them home. The print outs of the nearly 100 addresses (you guys and our
personal ones) are still in my work bag, and I haven't had a chance to do
anything with either of them. And now it looks suspiciously like i won't be
able to do them until after Christmas is over and I actually get some spare
time (ironic laugh)

Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be late.
I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.

Yowie

kilikini
December 18th 05, 09:07 PM
"Yowie" > wrote in message
> Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration, and the
> Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done early to avoid the
> stress at crunch time.
>
> Yesterday, I finsihed all the Christmas shopping I could (one gift to go
> that I can't get any other time besides Xmas eve wheter i wanted to or
not).
> I'm about to go do the car registration and...
>
> No, sadly, the cards are still sitting where I put them when I first
brought
> them home. The print outs of the nearly 100 addresses (you guys and our
> personal ones) are still in my work bag, and I haven't had a chance to do
> anything with either of them. And now it looks suspiciously like i won't
be
> able to do them until after Christmas is over and I actually get some
spare
> time (ironic laugh)
>
> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be
late.
> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.
>
> Yowie

Hey, really, it's no biggie! I think we should pick names to do cards once
a month so we get them year round. :~)

kili

Dan M
December 18th 05, 09:19 PM
> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be late.
> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.
>
> Yowie

Absolutely positively not a problem! I believe we can all appreciate that.
Personally, I resolved that this year we'd get our cards and gifts shippe
WAY ahead of time. When did the cards go out? Yesteray. Most of them -
I've got half a dozen or so that I missed. <sigh> The best laid plans of
mice and men.... Or is that of mice and cats? Or cats and men? Whatever.

December 18th 05, 09:33 PM
your ramble about christmas cards veils your intent. S.O.S. is tracking
all the computers as Rajinder Singh a saint in naperville is a computer
EXXXpert and he is not EXXXrated. so beware you are being recorded.
stay if you have the stomach for jail.

December 18th 05, 09:33 PM
your ramble about christmas cards veils your intent. S.O.S. is tracking
all the computers as Rajinder Singh a saint in naperville is a computer
EXXXpert and he is not EXXXrated. so beware you are being recorded.
stay if you have the stomach for jail.

NMR
December 18th 05, 10:03 PM
What the hell are you smoking you twit or are you just screwed in the head

Adrian
December 18th 05, 10:31 PM
Yowie wrote:
> Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration, and the
> Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done early to avoid
> the stress at crunch time.
>
> Yesterday, I finsihed all the Christmas shopping I could (one gift to
> go that I can't get any other time besides Xmas eve wheter i wanted
> to or not). I'm about to go do the car registration and...
>
> No, sadly, the cards are still sitting where I put them when I first
> brought them home. The print outs of the nearly 100 addresses (you
> guys and our personal ones) are still in my work bag, and I haven't
> had a chance to do anything with either of them. And now it looks
> suspiciously like i won't be able to do them until after Christmas is
> over and I actually get some spare time (ironic laugh)
>
> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just
> be late. I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really
> sorry.
>
> Yowie

I'll just pretend it's a very early card for christmas 2006 ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Victor Martinez
December 18th 05, 10:35 PM
Yowie wrote:
> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be late.
> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.

Well, my birthday is in April, you could kill two birds with one stone,
so to speak... :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Adrian
December 18th 05, 10:47 PM
NMR wrote:
> What the hell are you smoking you twit or are you just screwed in
> the head

That wasn't very nice!

Christina Websell
December 18th 05, 11:27 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Yowie" > wrote in message
>> Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration, and the
>> Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done early to avoid the
>> stress at crunch time.
>>
>> Yesterday, I finsihed all the Christmas shopping I could (one gift to go
>> that I can't get any other time besides Xmas eve wheter i wanted to or
> not).
>> I'm about to go do the car registration and...
>>
>> No, sadly, the cards are still sitting where I put them when I first
> brought
>> them home. The print outs of the nearly 100 addresses (you guys and our
>> personal ones) are still in my work bag, and I haven't had a chance to do
>> anything with either of them. And now it looks suspiciously like i won't
> be
>> able to do them until after Christmas is over and I actually get some
> spare
>> time (ironic laugh)
>>
>> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be
> late.
>> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.
>>
>> Yowie
>>

> Hey, really, it's no biggie! I think we should pick names to do cards
> once
> a month so we get them year round. :~)
>
> kili

I still have some to send. I'm still sending them off bit by bit so it's
not so scary when I take them to the post office so some will be late,
sorry.

Tweed

Cheryl
December 19th 05, 01:35 AM
On Sun 18 Dec 2005 03:32:31p, Yowie wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

> Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration,
> and the Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done
> early to avoid the stress at crunch time.
<snip>

All I know is that the week before Christmas comes up too quickly.
There used to be a time that I did all of my shopping on Christmas
Eve. Got some great deals on prices, but the stress was just too
much! I just got my cards out yesterday, and I didn't do the RPCA
cards this year. I still have gifts arriving via post tomorrow that
have to be posted again and probably won't make it by Christmas.
Everyone understands! :) Happy holidays to you dear V.

--
Cheryl

Yoj
December 19th 05, 04:17 AM
"Yowie" > wrote in message
> Every year, I promise myself that, like the car registration, and the
> Christmas Shopping, I'll get the Christmas Cards done early to avoid the
> stress at crunch time.
>
> Yesterday, I finsihed all the Christmas shopping I could (one gift to go
> that I can't get any other time besides Xmas eve wheter i wanted to or
not).
> I'm about to go do the car registration and...
>
> No, sadly, the cards are still sitting where I put them when I first
brought
> them home. The print outs of the nearly 100 addresses (you guys and our
> personal ones) are still in my work bag, and I haven't had a chance to do
> anything with either of them. And now it looks suspiciously like i won't
be
> able to do them until after Christmas is over and I actually get some
spare
> time (ironic laugh)
>
> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be
late.
> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.

Believe me, I understand. I hope to get my cards out this week, but I've
only gotten as far as printing labels so far. And I don't have a full-time
job and a little guy to look after.

Joy

Marina
December 19th 05, 04:54 AM
Yowie wrote:

> Sorry folks. You will still get your cards, I promise. They'll just be late.
> I tried, but things just didn't work out. I'm really really sorry.

No problem, Vicky. It's fun to get the cards for a longer period of
time. I've strung up mine on the wall. The cats were veeery interested
in the string, and when the cards were up, in them, but I hung them too
high for the cats to reach them.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Yowie
December 19th 05, 10:44 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> your ramble about christmas cards veils your intent. S.O.S. is tracking
> all the computers as Rajinder Singh a saint in naperville is a computer
> EXXXpert and he is not EXXXrated. so beware you are being recorded.
> stay if you have the stomach for jail.

Gosh, you saw through me, I am shocked. there I was, thinking everyone was
totally fooled into thinking I was a cat obsessed Australian mum, and all
the while I was a secret CIA operative spying on all the secret messages
passing through this group that is so cunningly called
"rec.pets.cats.anecdotes". But I guess it needed a genius like you to catch
such a subtle deception.

Of course, you know what happens to people who blow the cover of secret
government operatives don't you?

"Yowie"
Hint: its got something to do with The Mothership and tin foil hats. The
people here will know what I'm talking about.

December 19th 05, 10:53 AM
Yowie > wrote:

> Of course, you know what happens to people who blow the cover of secret
> government operatives don't you?

> "Yowie"
> Hint: its got something to do with The Mothership and tin foil hats. The
> people here will know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, I think it has more to do with schizophrenics not taking
their meds.

Joyce