Joyce

Karen
December 19th 05, 01:57 AM
On 2005-12-18 19:52:50 -0600, said:

> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

That is terrific news!

kilikini
December 19th 05, 02:13 AM
> wrote in message
> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Yay and I'm so happy, but, jeez, how far did he get? (If that's okay to
ask....how many miles?)

kili

Jo Firey
December 19th 05, 03:20 AM
> wrote in message
>I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
> immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
> looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

I don't know what breed Billy was, but some dogs will wander around when
they get out. Others have a genetic need it seems to head cross country.
When they get out they will run and will run in pretty much a straight line.
They can cover a lot of distance. Husky type dogs can be really hard to
find just because they can be so far from home.

Jo

Shel-hed
December 19th 05, 04:00 AM
On 19 Dec 2005 01:52:50 GMT, wrote:

>I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
>smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
>that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
>on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
>and called.

I love craigslist. It's just the right setup, and it loads fast.

Susan M
December 19th 05, 04:01 AM
YEAH!!!! I'm so glad that Billy is home.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

> wrote in message
>I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
> immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
> looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Yoj
December 19th 05, 04:12 AM
> wrote in message
> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Wahoo!!! <Happy dance!>

Joy

Marina
December 19th 05, 05:25 AM
wrote:
> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.

Yay! Wonderful news!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

December 19th 05, 06:43 AM
kilikini > wrote:

> Yay and I'm so happy, but, jeez, how far did he get? (If that's okay to
> ask....how many miles?)

Oh, well, it doesn't seem so far in the human scale - maybe 2 or 3
miles, tops. But the area between his starting and ending points is
completely urban, with busy streets, lots of traffic, multi-lane
streets, lights, etc.

My theory is that he was trying to go home to be with *his* special
human. He was going in the wrong direction, though, so I'm glad a savvy
person found him!

Joyce

December 19th 05, 06:45 AM
Jo Firey > wrote:

> I don't know what breed Billy was, but some dogs will wander around when
> they get out. Others have a genetic need it seems to head cross country.

He's a mix of a few breeds, and nobody's quite sure what they are. He
seems to have some spaniel in him, and also beagle. He's about the size
of a beagle, and definitely has the coloring, head shape, and face of
a beagle. But his fur is longer and more straggly, hence the thought that
he might be part spaniel.

Joyce

Helen Miles
December 19th 05, 09:38 AM
"jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt" > wrote in message

> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.////

Yay! Wonderful news, and great that the finder had the savy to check
Craigs list!

One question though. I thought that it was law that all dogs in the USA
had to wear ID and rabies tags? Certainly in the UK it's the law that
dogs have to wear collars and ID when not at home or in a public place.

Helen M

December 19th 05, 10:25 AM
Helen Miles > wrote:

> One question though. I thought that it was law that all dogs in the USA
> had to wear ID and rabies tags? Certainly in the UK it's the law that
> dogs have to wear collars and ID when not at home or in a public place.

He does have a collar with ID and a rabies tag - his people are very
responsible. So I'm not sure why the woman who found him needed to look
online for a "lost dog" post. It's possible he lost his tags. Or maybe
somebody removed them. I don't know the details yet.

Joyce

Helen Miles
December 19th 05, 01:13 PM
"jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt" > wrote in message

> Helen Miles > wrote:
>
> > One question though. I thought that it was law that all dogs in the USA
> > had to wear ID and rabies tags? Certainly in the UK it's the law that
> > dogs have to wear collars and ID when not at home or in a public place.
>
> He does have a collar with ID and a rabies tag - his people are very
> responsible. So I'm not sure why the woman who found him needed to look
> online for a "lost dog" post. It's possible he lost his tags. Or maybe
> somebody removed them. I don't know the details yet.///

I didn't doubt for 1 second that his people weren't responsible - as
evidenced by the fact they did what they did to find him. Sorry if I
caused offence!

It just struck me as very lucky that he was found via an internet list!

Helen M

Helen Wheels
December 19th 05, 01:42 PM
wrote:

> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Good news! Glad he's back with his people.

Charleen Welton
December 19th 05, 04:17 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>
>> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
>> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
>> immediately
>> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
>> looked
>> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone
>> nubmer
>> and called.

Great News!
Charleen

Irulan
December 19th 05, 04:55 PM
Hooray for Billy! What a happy christmas for him and his family.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
> wrote in message
>I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
> immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
> looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Monique Y. Mudama
December 19th 05, 05:39 PM
On 2005-12-19, penned:
> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
> immediately that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's
> pet. So she looked on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service)
> and found the phone nubmer and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did
> he get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank
> you all!!
>
> Joyce

Very good to hear!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Caroline S.
December 19th 05, 06:12 PM
Great news for a change!

{I was struck this weekend at the grocery store by the number of "lost
dog" signs posted at the entrance. So sad. Even sadder were the "Have
you seen this child?" posters there.}

Only a few more hours 'til I can go home and hug kid and cats.

Caroline s.

polonca12000
December 19th 05, 10:35 PM
Such wonderful news!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

wrote:

> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce

Cheryl
December 20th 05, 02:36 AM
On Sun 18 Dec 2005 08:52:50p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

> I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found
> by a smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to
> figure out immediately that he didn't look like a stray dog, but
> was somebody's pet. So she looked on Craigslist (a free, online
> want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth
> did he get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again.
> Thank you all!!
>
> Joyce

Great news Joyce. Home for the holidays.

--
Cheryl

Sam Nash
December 20th 05, 04:17 AM
> wrote in message
>I just got a message from one of Billy's people - he was found by a
> smart woman who is an animal rescuer, and was able to figure out
> immediately
> that he didn't look like a stray dog, but was somebody's pet. So she
> looked
> on Craigslist (a free, online want-ads service) and found the phone nubmer
> and called.
>
> He was found quite a ways from where he ran away. How on earth did he
> get that far???
>
> Anyway, the Power of Purr (and Doggie Drool) has worked again. Thank you
> all!!
>
> Joyce
Great news, Joyce!
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe