PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Cats!

Carolyn Thraves
December 19th 05, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
what suits their personalities when they come home.

At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth as
possible.

No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
to tell about my new girls.

Purrs,

Carolyn

jmcquown
December 19th 05, 02:21 PM
Carolyn Thraves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other
> is a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of
> young sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have
> to see what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth
> as possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn

Welcome! Can't wait to hear about your new purry furry ones!

Jill

Karen
December 19th 05, 03:02 PM
Concatulations! We will expect a link to pictures :)

"Carolyn Thraves" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth as
> possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn

Adrian
December 19th 05, 04:01 PM
Carolyn Thraves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other
> is a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of
> young sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have
> to see what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth
> as possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn

Welcome to the group, Carolyn, I shall look forward to reading about your
new owners, and hopefully seeing pictures as well.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Marina
December 19th 05, 04:04 PM
Carolyn Thraves wrote:

> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to stories (and pics?). They sound
adorable.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Enfilade
December 19th 05, 04:26 PM
Carolyn Thraves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.

It's great to meet you. We got our Nocturne on January 10, 2002. We
didn't think it was fair to subject her to holiday insanity (visitors,
decorations, trips, etc) so we waited until after the holidays to pick
her up. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new family!

--Fil

Lesley
December 19th 05, 04:45 PM
.. We got our Nocturne on January 10, 2002. We
> didn't think it was fair to subject her to holiday insanity (visitors,
> decorations, trips, etc)

Of course now you know Nox better isn't it more a case of not being
fair to submit visitors, decorations etc to Nox? Did you realise when
you first saw her that she was the president of the Feline World Order?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Monique Y. Mudama
December 19th 05, 05:36 PM
On 2005-12-19, Carolyn Thraves penned:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other
> is a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of
> young sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will
> have to see what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth
> as possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of
> stories to tell about my new girls.

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about them.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Pamela Shirk
December 19th 05, 09:33 PM
"Carolyn Thraves" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.

Welcome! Like the rest of the group, I'll look forward to your stories
about your new owners.

Pam S.

December 19th 05, 11:36 PM
Carolyn Thraves > wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.

Tabbies and black cats - two of my favorites. They sound beautiful!

Welcome to the group! You might want to know that you won't be allowed
to stay unless you produce pictures of your new furballs.

(Just a joke. But I'd love to see photos of them once you get them!)

Joyce

CatNipped
December 19th 05, 11:49 PM
"Carolyn Thraves" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth as
> possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn

Welcome to the group, Carolyn. I hope to see lots of pictures of you furry
masters and lots of stories about their daily adventures.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lisakatt
December 20th 05, 01:51 AM
Congratulations! Lucky you!
Elisabet

Enfilade
December 20th 05, 02:10 AM
Lesley wrote:
> . We got our Nocturne on January 10, 2002. We
> > didn't think it was fair to subject her to holiday insanity (visitors,
> > decorations, trips, etc)
>
> Of course now you know Nox better isn't it more a case of not being
> fair to submit visitors, decorations etc to Nox? Did you realise when
> you first saw her that she was the president of the Feline World Order?

We should've realized something was up when we took her home because
during our interview she was in the front of her cage STARING at us,
"Take me home AT ONCE!"

Actually, decorations are fine around Nocturne. Messing with tinsel is
immature behaviour only befitting a bittie. My best friend however is
rather afraid of her :) She climbed on his head in his sleep and
started kicking him in the temples.

--Fil

Cheryl
December 20th 05, 03:32 AM
On Mon 19 Dec 2005 09:17:49a, Carolyn Thraves wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt
> two rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and
> the other is a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They
> are a couple of young sisters. I haven't yet decided on names
> for them - I will have to see what suits their personalities
> when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information
> as possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a
> smooth as possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of
> stories to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn

Welcome, from Shamrock, Bonnie, (who usually hate each other) and
the kittens Rhett and Scarlett, and their slave, me. :) Hope to
read stories soon!

--
Cheryl

Sam Nash
December 20th 05, 04:29 AM
"Carolyn Thraves" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the group but am very excited as I am going to adopt two
> rescue cats after Christmas. One is a beautiful tabby and the other is
> a small cute black cat with striking eyes. They are a couple of young
> sisters. I haven't yet decided on names for them - I will have to see
> what suits their personalities when they come home.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to collect as much cat information as
> possible, so that the transition into their new home can be a smooth as
> possible.
>
> No doubt I will write more soon - I'm sure I will have lots of stories
> to tell about my new girls.
>
> Purrs,
>
> Carolyn
Welcome, Carolyn and the new girls. We're looking forward to their stories.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Carolyn Thraves
December 20th 05, 09:44 AM
Oh, don't worry - I will definitely be taking LOTS of photos of them
(aren't digital cameras fantastic?) I will post links to as many
photos as people are willing to look at! They are gorgeous, so I am
looking to pestering them both with the camera regularly!

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages!

Carolyn

Lesley
December 20th 05, 02:32 PM
My best friend however is
> rather afraid of her :) She climbed on his head in his sleep and
> started kicking him in the temples.

Kicking him? What a cat Nox is- I hope you do happen to live in the US
(I think you do) because if Nox and Sarrasine ever got together I would
feel sorry for the Human race! (Redunzel would probably try and mediate
between species unless she felt like wandering off into her own World
which she does a lot!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Wayne Mitchell
December 21st 05, 02:41 AM
"Lesley" > wrote:

> What a cat Nox is- I hope you do happen to live in the US
>(I think you do) because if Nox and Sarrasine ever got together I would
>feel sorry for the Human race!

Nox doesn't live in the US, but she's close enough to worry us.

--

Wayne M.

Lesley
December 21st 05, 10:48 AM
> Nox doesn't live in the US, but she's close enough to worry us.

If Nox had her way she'd be worrying the World!!!!