PDA

View Full Version : Purrs from a purr-less

Lisakatt
December 19th 05, 11:38 PM
It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
purr-less.
I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
being a useless purrer myself.
Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
gathered some purrs from him.
So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.

And hugs from Elisabet

CatNipped
December 19th 05, 11:47 PM
"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is
> totally
> purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
> Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

{{{{{{{{{{Elisabet}}}}}}}}}} I know it's still too fresh, but have you at
least considered getting another furry master to help fill that hole in your
heart? A new cat won't replace Hugo Katt, but it would help heal your
broken heart (and you'd be giving another cat the life he deserves).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Kreisleriana
December 20th 05, 12:45 AM
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:38:07 -0500, "Lisakatt" >
yodeled:

>It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
>purr-less.
>I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
>being a useless purrer myself.
>Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
>gathered some purrs from him.
>So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
>Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
>And hugs from Elisabet

Poor Elisabet, you must miss him so much. Good to get some big tuxedo
cuddles. ;)

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

mlbriggs
December 20th 05, 12:52 AM
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:38:07 -0500, Lisakatt wrote:

> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
> purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
> Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

When Princess went to the Bridge at age 16, I managed to exist only one
month without kitty love. So I went to Petsmart and adopted the cat now
known as TuTu. She is a great piece of purrfur and has been with me now
for nearly nine years. Best wishes for an early kittyfind. MLB

Lisakatt
December 20th 05, 01:42 AM
Catnip wrote:
have you at

least considered getting another furry master to help fill that hole in
your
heart?

- - - - - - - - -
I can't get another cat, at least not now. Hugo Katt had FIP. The
contagion will be in the house 6 weeks from what I read on Internet. I
would not trust that but make it at least six months.
Sigh!
Elisabet

CatNipped
December 20th 05, 01:53 AM
"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Catnip wrote:
> have you at
>
> least considered getting another furry master to help fill that hole in
> your
> heart?
>
> - - - - - - - - -
> I can't get another cat, at least not now. Hugo Katt had FIP. The
> contagion will be in the house 6 weeks from what I read on Internet. I
> would not trust that but make it at least six months.
> Sigh!
> Elisabet

Ah. That's sensible - I wouldn't want to take the chance either. But how
awful to be without a master for so long.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jo Firey
December 20th 05, 01:56 AM
"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Catnip wrote:
> have you at
>
> least considered getting another furry master to help fill that hole in
> your
> heart?
>
> - - - - - - - - -
> I can't get another cat, at least not now. Hugo Katt had FIP. The
> contagion will be in the house 6 weeks from what I read on Internet. I
> would not trust that but make it at least six months.
> Sigh!
> Elisabet

Jo Firey
December 20th 05, 01:58 AM
"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Catnip wrote:
> have you at
>
> least considered getting another furry master to help fill that hole in
> your
> heart?
>
> - - - - - - - - -
> I can't get another cat, at least not now. Hugo Katt had FIP. The
> contagion will be in the house 6 weeks from what I read on Internet. I
> would not trust that but make it at least six months.
> Sigh!
> Elisabet

That will be hard, but it is so the right thing to do. We made sure we got
rid of all cat things like toys and bowls and scratchers too.

Jo

Marina
December 20th 05, 04:11 AM
Lisakatt wrote:
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
> purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
> Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

Hugs to you too Elisabet. I hope one day, maybe soon, maybe a little
while later, your house will be filled with purrs again. No one can take
the place of Hugo, the churchyard working cat, of course.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Shiral
December 20th 05, 07:33 AM
It is the sensible if difficult thing to do, yes. But then, the
decision of who should be your next owner is not something to just rush
into. =o) But in the meantime, collect all the purrs you can from the
tuxedo chap.

Melissa

Exocat
December 20th 05, 11:33 AM
"Lisakatt" > wrote

> I can't get another cat, at least not now. Hugo Katt had FIP. The
> contagion will be in the house 6 weeks from what I read on Internet. I
> would not trust that but make it at least six months.
> Sigh!

Did you read the site www.dr-addie.com ?

I did a LOT of studying after my Pericles was pts with FIP in February, and
joined the Yahoo FIP group where I still am. In a household with no cats to
keep shedding FCoV 6 or 7 weeks will be enough: it needs perfect conditions
to survive even that long.

So if you happen to be sent a new owner shortly, please don't be deterred
from providing him/her with a wonderful home, it'll be good for you both.

Empathetic purrs

Gordon & the FF

Lesley
December 20th 05, 11:50 AM

> When Princess went to the Bridge at age 16, I managed to exist only one
> month without kitty love.

When Isis went to the bridge, Dave said "Let's have a month or two off
perhaps go on holiday or something" that was Tuesday. He spent all of
Wednesday saying how "quiet and empty" the flat was but insisting that
he would get used to it. When I came in Thursday night he was looking
at rescue cats online....then he turned to me and said "That lady you
work with- the one who's cat had kittens- has she found any homes yet?"

Okay we were purr less for a month while they got ready to leave
mum...But does that count?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Karen AKA Kajikit
December 20th 05, 02:03 PM
wrote:

>It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
>purr-less.
>I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
>being a useless purrer myself.
>Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
>gathered some purrs from him.
>So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
>Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
>And hugs from Elisabet

Thank you sweety... and in return I'm sending you purrs to find the
perfect furry master soon.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Victor Martinez
December 20th 05, 02:08 PM
Lisakatt wrote:
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
> purr-less.

You will know when it's time to get another furrball to fill your life.
In the meantime, purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Wayne Mitchell
December 20th 05, 02:24 PM
"Lesley" > wrote:

>When Isis went to the bridge, Dave said "Let's have a month or two off
>perhaps go on holiday or something" that was Tuesday. He spent all of
>Wednesday saying how "quiet and empty" the flat was but insisting that
>he would get used to it. When I came in Thursday night he was looking
>at rescue cats online....then he turned to me and said "That lady you
>work with- the one who's cat had kittens- has she found any homes yet?"
>
>Okay we were purr less for a month while they got ready to leave
>mum...But does that count?

After Zubie had to be pts I was thinking of maybe getting
another kittie in about six months. By the time we made it
through one month my folks were pushing me out the door and
pointing in the general direction of the pet shelter while
quoting beer commercials at me: "If you think of it, get two."

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

Karen
December 20th 05, 02:44 PM
(((((HUGS))))) I'm afraid I don't think I could stand that even as much as I
would miss my babies. Maybe Potter has a homeless friend?

Karen

"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is
totally
> purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
> Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

Adrian
December 20th 05, 02:58 PM
Lisakatt wrote:
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is
> totally purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen
> S, Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

You'll know when it's the right time for a new owner, or owners. Purrs and
gentle headbutts.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

December 20th 05, 05:31 PM
wrote:

>It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is totally
>purr-less.
>I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
>being a useless purrer myself.
>Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
>gathered some purrs from him.
>So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
>Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
>And hugs from Elisabet

Awwww, {{{{Elisabet}}}}}. Thank you. May there be purrs in your
household again soon.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

JBHajos
December 20th 05, 06:25 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 06:11:25 +0200, Marina >
wrote:

>Hugs to you too Elisabet. I hope one day, maybe soon, maybe a little
>while later, your house will be filled with purrs again. No one can take
>the place of Hugo, the churchyard working cat, of course.

I echo Marina's reply. Our beloved kitties are irreplaceable.
But we *can* love again. My Custard died several years ago at age 19.
In my eyes, she was the greatest kitty ever created. The sweetest,
gentlest, most loving, beautiful little girl. There will never be
another Cus-Cat. Taking nothing from her, our Hobo has become not
only loved but *adored*!!! Why??? He's a big old couch potato, an
ex-stray wandering the streets of Cape Canaveral, finally adopting us
after several months. The total opposite of Cus-Cat, he's not a
lap-cat, not gentle (and I have the scars to prove it), not playful,
not a personality kid (but he *is* gorgeous!) He's just Hobo. His
mere presence is enough to keep us crazy about him and spoiling him;
whatever Hobo wants, Hobo gets! When his RB time comes, it will tear
our hearts to shreds.

Speckles is my Sweetie. I rarely call her Speckles any more - just
Sweetie. I love her dearly. Coming close to losing her these past
couple of months has made me even more appreciative and aware of her
great qualities.

Sorry if this is trailing off the topic of Hugo Katt, and so many
others who can't possibly be replaced....

Jeanne

Susan M
December 20th 05, 06:34 PM
Big hugs and purrs to you Elisabet.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Lisakatt" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> It is 20 days since my Hugo Katt went to the Bridge and my house is
> totally
> purr-less.
> I read your requests for purrs and realise I've got no purrs to send,
> being a useless purrer myself.
> Now I have visited a cat named Potter, a big lovely tuxedo boy, and
> gathered some purrs from him.
> So today I am able to forward purrs to HRFL Tiger, Smudge, Pan, Helen S,
> Ginger-lyn, Kajikit, Annie and everyone else who needs them.
>
> And hugs from Elisabet

polonca12000
December 20th 05, 10:39 PM
We are thinking of you a lot, Elisabet. When the time comes Hugo will
send you a kitty that needs a home just like yours.
Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek