PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Forecast for Christmas

CatNipped
December 20th 05, 05:21 PM
It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!

Hugs,

CatNipped

ShirleyB
December 20th 05, 05:53 PM
They say Central Coast CA will be 68-70. But cloudy, so at least it won't be
bright and sunny! The only time I don't like California weather!

ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom
<To Reply by email: remove 'nicks'>

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
Pictures of Loki can be seen at:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/107540666HmHQ/album/485519812EYwKMs
And Our HOMEPAGE is: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

CatNipped eloquently related the following on 12/20/2005 9:21 AM:
> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

December 20th 05, 06:57 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Oh my heart bleeds for you :) - you can always swap with me if you
like, it's bloody freezing in London and my heating isn't working
properly, I've already called them out twice in the last 10 days and
they're getting fed up with me, so it looks as if I'll have on/off
heating over Xmas and New Year unless it sorts itself out on its own.
What I wouldn't give for 72F here now, I work til 8pm and it's so cold
going home, sob, poor little me, at least I've got a job and a home
though not like some of the poor beggars I see each night.

CatNipped
December 20th 05, 07:08 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> CatNipped wrote:
>
>> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
>> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> Oh my heart bleeds for you :) - you can always swap with me if you
> like, it's bloody freezing in London and my heating isn't working
> properly, I've already called them out twice in the last 10 days and
> they're getting fed up with me, so it looks as if I'll have on/off
> heating over Xmas and New Year unless it sorts itself out on its own.
> What I wouldn't give for 72F here now, I work til 8pm and it's so cold
> going home, sob, poor little me, at least I've got a job and a home
> though not like some of the poor beggars I see each night.

Oh I would probably be moaning and groaning about the cold if I lived in
Alaska - the grass being always greener and such! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Magic Mood Jeep©
December 20th 05, 07:58 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It
> just doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I'll trade you anyday - we had a whopping *6* degrees F (that's -14 C for
you non 'mericans). this morning at 5am - can't (or rather don't want to)
imagine what it was at midnight..... *Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

NMR
December 20th 05, 08:13 PM
Send it to Florida still in the 70's during the day low 50's at night
sometimes upper 40's I would love to see these Floridians faces at 4
degrees
"Magic Mood Jeep©" > wrote in message
> CatNipped wrote:
>> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It
>> just doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> I'll trade you anyday - we had a whopping *6* degrees F (that's -14 C for
> you non 'mericans). this morning at 5am - can't (or rather don't want to)
> imagine what it was at midnight..... *Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Magic Mood Jeep©
December 20th 05, 11:11 PM
I'd be happy to send you a jar of snow and ice, along with some frigid air,
but I think you would end up with a jar of water by the time it got there
LOL!

NMR wrote:
> Send it to Florida still in the 70's during the day low 50's at
> night sometimes upper 40's I would love to see these Floridians
> faces at 4 degrees
> "Magic Mood Jeep©" > wrote in message
>> CatNipped wrote:
>>> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It
>>> just doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>
>> I'll trade you anyday - we had a whopping *6* degrees F (that's -14
>> C for you non 'mericans). this morning at 5am - can't (or rather
>> don't want to) imagine what it was at midnight.....
>> *Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 21st 05, 02:23 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!

Christmas here is usually chilly (for Southern California -
maybe 65F), but I can remember years when it was warm enough
so many people celebrated Christmas at the beach!

> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 21st 05, 02:24 AM
ShirleyB wrote:

> They say Central Coast CA will be 68-70. But cloudy, so at least it
> won't be bright and sunny! The only time I don't like California weather!

Well, you can always drive up to the mountains - Big Bear,
maybe. I think they have a fair amount of snow there, this
year.

badwilson
December 21st 05, 02:55 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It
> just doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Tell me about it! Although I'm getting excited about Christmas in
Bangkok, it seems more like a fun weekend with the girls than Xmas. The
only difference being that I don't usually bring presents for my friends
on regular weekends. If it wasn't for reading this group and having the
cards rolling in every day, I could probably pretend it wasn't Christmas
at all.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Yowie
December 21st 05, 05:45 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!

Thats only 22C - a rather cold day for Christmas, I would think.
They're predicting a scorcher here at about 40C, thats over 100F. And
thats what an Aussie Christmas is all about (as well as flies in your
trifle!)

Yowie

Yoj
December 21st 05, 06:39 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message

> ShirleyB wrote:
>
> > They say Central Coast CA will be 68-70. But cloudy, so at least it
> > won't be bright and sunny! The only time I don't like California
weather!

> Well, you can always drive up to the mountains - Big Bear,
> maybe. I think they have a fair amount of snow there, this
> year.

Actually, they don't. I have some friends who moved to Big Bear recently.
They were down for a visit last weekend. They said the only snow so far is
the man-made snow at the ski slopes.

Joy

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 21st 05, 07:04 AM
Yowie wrote:

> CatNipped wrote:
>
>>It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
>>doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>

> Thats only 22C - a rather cold day for Christmas, I would think.
> They're predicting a scorcher here at about 40C, thats over 100F. And
> thats what an Aussie Christmas is all about (as well as flies in your
> trifle!)

But Christmas comes at the hight of summer, in the Southern
Hemisphere. (You'd REALLY be worrying about global climate
change if you had snow for Christmas!)

kilikini
December 21st 05, 11:52 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> It's projected to be 72F here in Houston on Christmas eve! :< It just
> doesn't feel like Christmas when you have to wear shorts!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

72 degrees for me is a jacket and sweatpants! LOL.

kili

(displaced former Maui girl)

Caroline S.
December 21st 05, 03:21 PM
Do Houstonians decorate their houses in winter themes? When we lived in
Tempe Arizona, we saw a number of houses with fake snow stapled to the
rooftops, and lights wrapped around the palm trees and cacti.

Then there's my dear sister in Orlando FL, who turns on the aircon so
she can have a fire in the fireplace on Christmas.

Here in Virginia, we will actually be a warm 50F, compared to the past
two weeks where it has hovered around the freezing mark during the day.

Getting in the spirit here...

Caroline S.

CatNipped
December 21st 05, 03:23 PM
"Caroline S." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Do Houstonians decorate their houses in winter themes? When we lived in
> Tempe Arizona, we saw a number of houses with fake snow stapled to the
> rooftops, and lights wrapped around the palm trees and cacti.
>
> Then there's my dear sister in Orlando FL, who turns on the aircon so
> she can have a fire in the fireplace on Christmas.
>
> Here in Virginia, we will actually be a warm 50F, compared to the past
> two weeks where it has hovered around the freezing mark during the day.
>
> Getting in the spirit here...
>
> Caroline S.

Yep, and it's funny to see guys outside in shorts with no shirt, sweating
buckets as they hang the Christmas lights and put a plastic Frosty on their
green lawns! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

badwilson
December 22nd 05, 02:59 AM
Caroline S. wrote:

> Then there's my dear sister in Orlando FL, who turns on the aircon so
> she can have a fire in the fireplace on Christmas.

That's so funny because here in Thailand, I turn on the aircon so I can
light my candles in the evenings :-) Can't have fans going because they
blow the candles out and it's way too hot with no fans and candles on.