PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't going to ask

Christina Websell
December 20th 05, 08:45 PM
Dear Group

I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Tweed

Dan M
December 20th 05, 08:52 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

You most certainly can! The kitties and I are planning another candle
meditation session tonight anyway, so we'll make sure to include you in
our purrs.

Jo Firey
December 20th 05, 08:53 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

I'm most amazed that you managed to keep a grip on your nerves about it this
long. You will be fine.

But in the meantime, lots of extra purrs headed your way, and a special
candle with your name on it to be lit.

Jo

Monique Y. Mudama
December 20th 05, 08:54 PM
On 2005-12-20, Christina Websell penned:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years. I was
> quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird
> and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Of course. Purrs that all will go smoothly and nothing remotely
interesting will be found.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Karen
December 20th 05, 08:56 PM
Totally.PUrrs on the way. It's completely normal to be nervous. I would be.
You go girl!

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Bobblespin
December 20th 05, 08:57 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in
:

> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now
> I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and
> scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Lots of purrs on the way. You can share my mantra if you wish: don't
worry about the things you can't control. Repeating this saw me through
a bout with breast cancer 3 years ago, and that's what I repeat to
myself when I'm due for my 6 month checks. I find it calming.
Cheers,
Bobblespin

Monique Y. Mudama
December 20th 05, 09:02 PM
On 2005-12-20, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
> On 2005-12-20, Christina Websell penned:
>> Dear Group
>>
>> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check
>> after my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever.
>> Now I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything
>> weird and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>>

> Of course. Purrs that all will go smoothly and nothing remotely
> interesting will be found.

Let me rephrase that. Purrs that there is nothing remotely weird or
scary to be found. But in the event that there is something unusual
present, purrs that it is found quickly and is found to be benign.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Charleen Welton
December 20th 05, 09:12 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Dearest Tweed, lots and lots of be well and get out of there purrs coming
your way right now!
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor the Villain

Victor Martinez
December 20th 05, 09:14 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Lots of purrs for an uneventful check-up. My mom gets those often too.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

polonca12000
December 20th 05, 09:33 PM
We will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for everything to be really well
at the follow up check,
Polonca and Soncek

Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Adrian
December 20th 05, 09:37 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now
> I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird
> and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Lots of purrs on the way, you'll be fine.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

CatNipped
December 20th 05, 09:46 PM
Please don't ever hesitate to ask for purrs, we have them to spare and then
some. Calming purrs coming for you and purrs that you'll get an A+ on your
check-up.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Irulan
December 20th 05, 10:20 PM
But you must not be afraid. Just ask so we can continuously send purrs and
prayers that everything checks out ok. Many good wishes for your continued
good health.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Julie Cook
December 20th 05, 10:21 PM
Christina Websell wrote:

> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

You have a right to be scared but we will be sending purrs x 5 that you
get a good report from the doctor.
Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Smokie Darling (Annie)
December 20th 05, 10:32 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Purrs and purrayers (as well as a candle) going for you that tomorrow
is smooth and easy, and that there is no need for worry.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

December 20th 05, 10:57 PM
Christina Websell > wrote:

> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check
> after my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever.
> Now I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything
> weird and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Many purrs that you have a clean bill of health! I will be thinking
about you.

Joyce

Nan
December 20th 05, 10:59 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

>Dear Group
>
>I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
>Tweed

Mega calming purrs are on the way across the pond that they don't find
anything weird or scary during your checkup.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

Jeanette
December 20th 05, 11:02 PM
Christina Websell > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Of course hon, I'll be thinking of you.

Jeanette

Sir Weeble Wobblybottom
December 20th 05, 11:09 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now
> I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird
> and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

I purr!!! I purr!!!!

I purr anytiym my hansum Boyfurend's Mommy need it!!!

Mimi
(Weeble's purring-up-a-storm baby sifur)

jmcquown
December 20th 05, 11:13 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now
> I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird
> and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Purrs of course that everything will check out just fine and purrs for your
nerves.

Jill

Helen Miles
December 20th 05, 11:14 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in
message

> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.////

Many many purrs and prayers that things are found to be well!

helen M

Suz
December 20th 05, 11:16 PM
Of course Tweed, Spiceypurrs that everything is fine.
Suz&Spicey

Kreisleriana
December 20th 05, 11:17 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
> yodeled:

>Dear Group
>
>I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
>Tweed

Big Purrs on the way.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Lisa Katt
December 20th 05, 11:35 PM
Tweed, hugs and prayers for your good health.
Elisabet

Yoj
December 21st 05, 12:35 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Purrs are on their way.

Consider this an omen. I just got the following email from a friend on
another newsgroup:

"I just got off the phone with my oncologist who gave me the results of my
tests which were done on Friday.

I AM CANCER FREE AND OFFICIALLY A SURVIVOR!

I ended 2004 starting with cancer and I'm now ending 2005 ended with cancer.
This is the best Christmas gift of all."

I predict you will get the same news.

Joy

Takayuki
December 21st 05, 01:26 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote:
>Dear Group
>
>I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Definite purrs for your check-up. You must've been running low on
your supply of fright after using it all up before that operation!
You seem to be doing so well now, so purrs that it continues.

Karen AKA Kajikit
December 21st 05, 01:50 AM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

>Dear Group
>
>I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Scouty was cuddling up to me and purring up a storm tonight... so
consider them yours.

(huggles)

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Wayne Mitchell
December 21st 05, 02:41 AM
"Yoj" > wrote:

>"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>> Dear Group
>>
>> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
>am.
>> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
>that
>> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>>
>> Tweed
>
>Purrs are on their way.
>
>Consider this an omen. I just got the following email from a friend on
>another newsgroup:
>
>"I just got off the phone with my oncologist who gave me the results of my
>tests which were done on Friday.
>
>I AM CANCER FREE AND OFFICIALLY A SURVIVOR!
>
>I ended 2004 starting with cancer and I'm now ending 2005 ended with cancer.
>This is the best Christmas gift of all."
>
>I predict you will get the same news.

Good check-up purrs now winging across the pond from my kitties.
Don't start worrying without cause, Tweed. You've beaten it so
far. I'm sure this check-up will be fine.

And to Joy's good omen I can add another. I got an email today
from my sister in Florida. My niece, who has been battling
non-Hodgkins lymphoma, got the all-clear signal on her first
follow-up test today.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

badwilson
December 21st 05, 03:11 AM
Of course! Many, many purrs coming up! I'm sure you'll check out just
fine and then you can go ahead and have a very relieved and worry free
Christmas :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after
> my ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now
> I am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird
> and scary that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

ann791
December 21st 05, 03:57 AM
Purrs on the way.

Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Susan M
December 21st 05, 05:17 AM
Big purrs to you Tweed for a clean check up!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I
> am. Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary
> that I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
> Tweed

Sandra
December 21st 05, 08:16 AM
Mega loud purrs that all is well and you can have a worry free christmas!

--
Sandra

Marina
December 21st 05, 05:02 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Dear Group
>
> I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
> ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
> I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
> Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
> I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

I'm very late on this, and you've probably been already, but purrs in
retrospect coming over.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

December 21st 05, 06:13 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

>Dear Group
>
>I have to go the the hospital tomorrow, it's a follow up check after my
>ovarian ca op in May, I am to be followed up for 5 years.
>I was quite okay until today. Not scared at all about whatever. Now I am.
>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.
>
>Tweed

You got it, {{{Tweed}}}} Purrs that all will be well for you.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

JBHajos
December 21st 05, 07:29 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:45:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

>Could I have a few purrs that they won't find anything weird and scary that
>I've got tomorrow? Thanks.

Hope to hear soon that all went well and that you're fine and
dandy. Hugs!!!

Jeanne

Christina Websell
December 21st 05, 08:11 PM
Hi, Gang,

Thanks for all the good wish purrs.

Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
very thorough today..
I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured enough
to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not necessarily a
good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups after operations
can be seen by the young doctors who are training under him/her. The
consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.

We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several months.
Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK now? Me:
Yes
Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months. Me:
Thanks.

I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he mean
that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean he
didn't think I would?
We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told them
everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice lunch
and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas already.

I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
delighted you've done as well as you have.."

My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
was given out and that's why I asked him.
He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
I thought that might have been what he meant, too.

Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not quite
out of the woods yet.

Tweed
sore and painful

Smokie Darling (Annie)
December 21st 05, 09:32 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..

Ooh, I'm sorry it was painful. Many soothing purrs coming your way.

> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured enough
> to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not necessarily a
> good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups after operations
> can be seen by the young doctors who are training under him/her. The
> consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several months.
> Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK now? Me:
> Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months. Me:
> Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he mean
> that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean he
> didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told them
> everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice lunch
> and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
> was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.

Perhaps he meant that as a woman of a "certain age", you healed faster
(have fewer long term effects) than expected? At any rate, I'm glad
that there seems to be good things.

> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not quite
> out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

Offerings every morning for you, as I have since before your op. I'll
ask the babies to add extra purrs for Boyfriend and KFC's mum (I'm sure
they'll be happy to).

SD (Annie)

Julie Cook
December 21st 05, 09:34 PM
Purrs continue for you to well and for all of your test results to be
negative for the next five years and beyond! The CA125 is a tumor marker
for ovarian cancer as you mentioned. There is a "normal" level and when
that level shows a pattern of rising it can indicate a tumor. Similar to
the PSA test for prostate cancer. HOWEVER!! Remember this carefully,
Tweed!! This is important and DO NOT FORGET THIS in any state of panic
that might arise some day. An increase in the CA125 numbers does not
necessarily mean that the tumor has returned. There are outside factors
that can cause the CA 125 to increase that are unrelated to tumor. The
CA125 is simply one of a number of tools used to detect cancer.

I think that your doctor's comment that he "was delighted that you have
done as well as you have" is 1) a pretty standard response similar to
"have a nice day" following surgery and 2) means that considering the
extent of your surgery you have recovered very well, very quickly.

Hugs to you and continued purrs and gentle headbutts. I'm thankful that
everything seemed to go well.

Julie

Christina Websell wrote:
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured enough
> to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not necessarily a
> good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups after operations
> can be seen by the young doctors who are training under him/her. The
> consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several months.
> Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK now? Me:
> Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months. Me:
> Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he mean
> that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean he
> didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told them
> everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice lunch
> and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
> was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not quite
> out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

Adrian
December 21st 05, 10:30 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had
> one after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You
> get my drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's
> just say he was very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured
> enough to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not
> necessarily a good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow
> ups after operations can be seen by the young doctors who are
> training under him/her. The consultants keep the more challenging
> ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes,
> but my bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me:
> Several months. Him: that's normal after an operation like you had.
> Everything OK now? Me: Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you
> have done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6
> months. Me: Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer
> marker. To see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did
> he mean that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did
> he mean he didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I
> told them everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after
> the nice lunch and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work
> for Christmas already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I
> am delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain
> when tact was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by
> now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
> quite out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

Continuing purrs, and we're all glad you aren't dead by now. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

CatNipped
December 21st 05, 10:48 PM
I'm *SO* glad your visit went well. We'll continue to purr for your
complete recovery and for you to be cancer-free from now on.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured
> enough to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not
> necessarily a good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups
> after operations can be seen by the young doctors who are training under
> him/her. The consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several
> months. Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK
> now? Me: Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months.
> Me: Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he
> mean that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean
> he didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told
> them everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice
> lunch and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas
> already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when
> tact was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
> quite out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

mlbriggs
December 21st 05, 10:56 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:11:39 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured enough
> to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not necessarily a
> good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups after operations
> can be seen by the young doctors who are training under him/her. The
> consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several months.
> Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK now? Me:
> Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months. Me:
> Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he mean
> that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean he
> didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told them
> everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice lunch
> and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
> was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not quite
> out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

The first five years are the hardest. Actually, he must not have been too
concerned if he hasn't seen you in six months. My surgeon had me come in
every 4 weeks for the first year and every 4 months for the second year.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas season and purrs for the kitty folk to
have a great New Year. MLB

Irulan
December 22nd 05, 12:25 AM
sorry you are sore and in pain, but I take everything to be good news.
Please know we are constantly keeping you in our prayers.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured
> enough to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not
> necessarily a good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups
> after operations can be seen by the young doctors who are training under
> him/her. The consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several
> months. Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK
> now? Me: Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months.
> Me: Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did he
> mean that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did he mean
> he didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I told
> them everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after the nice
> lunch and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work for Christmas
> already.
>
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when
> tact was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
> quite out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

badwilson
December 22nd 05, 03:05 AM
I"m sorry it was painful, Tweed. But I'm really glad too that you're
not dead by now and I'm also very relieved to hear that you won't be
dead anytime soon. Congrats on the good check-up results :-)
--

Christina Websell wrote:
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had
> one after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You
> get my drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's
> just say he was very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured
> enough to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not
> necessarily a good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow
> ups after operations can be seen by the young doctors who are
> training under him/her. The consultants keep the more challenging
> ones for themselves.
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes,
> but my bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me:
> Several months. Him: that's normal after an operation like you had.
> Everything OK now? Me: Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you
> have done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6
> months. Me: Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer
> marker. To see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
> Then I got to thinking while I was driving home afterwards, what did
> he mean that he was delighted that I had done as well as I had?? did
> he mean he didn't think I would?
> We had our office Christmas lunch today just after my appt, and I
> told them everything was fine. It's my day off, so I came home after
> the nice lunch and drove to my brother's house. He's finished work
> for Christmas already.
> I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I
> am delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain
> when tact was given out and that's why I asked him.
> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by
> now." I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
> quite out of the woods yet.
>
> Tweed
> sore and painful

Pat
December 22nd 05, 03:05 AM
I missed the original so looked for this one. Very happy for your clean
checkup!

Sam Nash
December 22nd 05, 04:58 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.

Couldn't catch the group last night - out of town working. I'm glad you're
still with us, too! Stick around, will ya?
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Takayuki
December 22nd 05, 06:33 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote:
>I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
>delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>
>My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
>was given out and that's why I asked him.
>He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
>I thought that might have been what he meant, too.

I actually thought it meant, "All right! I can now write a conference
paper on what a great job I did on this operation!"

Smokie Darling (Annie)
December 22nd 05, 03:16 PM
Takayuki wrote:
> "Christina Websell" > wrote:
> >I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
> >delighted you've done as well as you have.."
> >
> >My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when tact
> >was given out and that's why I asked him.
> >He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
> >I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>
> I actually thought it meant, "All right! I can now write a conference
> paper on what a great job I did on this operation!"

If he had been an American Doctor, I would have thought that. For some
odd reason, I believe that physicians in other countries (particularly
those with universal health care) are more concerned with patients than
their fees and personal recognition. Probably wrong, but there you
have it.

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 06:52 PM
"Julie Cook" > wrote in message
> Purrs continue for you to well and for all of your test results to be
> negative for the next five years and beyond! The CA125 is a tumor marker
> for ovarian cancer as you mentioned. There is a "normal" level and when
> that level shows a pattern of rising it can indicate a tumor. Similar to
> the PSA test for prostate cancer. HOWEVER!! Remember this carefully,
> Tweed!! This is important and DO NOT FORGET THIS in any state of panic
> that might arise some day. An increase in the CA125 numbers does not
> necessarily mean that the tumor has returned. There are outside factors
> that can cause the CA 125 to increase that are unrelated to tumor.

Really? What are those?

>The CA125 is simply one of a number of tools used to detect cancer.

Yes, it was used in my case to confirm it really, after a body scan and an
ultrasound scan which showed a large mass present.

> I think that your doctor's comment that he "was delighted that you have
> done as well as you have" is 1) a pretty standard response similar to
> "have a nice day" following surgery and 2) means that considering the >
> extent of your surgery you have recovered very well, very quickly.

You are probably right. Consultants here definitely don't say "have a nice
day.." The thing is - and I don't think anyone can imagine it if it hasn't
happened to them - that if told a) you have ovarian cancer b) just talk to
this nice nurse (oncology counsellor) c) they take most of your innards
away d) you catch a glimpse of a letter to your own doctor which says you
have abnormal cells in your peritoneal fluid (sp?):
you tend to get a bit paranoid about it, because this is bad news that you
haven't been told.

> Hugs to you and continued purrs and gentle headbutts.

Thanks

Tweed

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 06:58 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message

> Continuing purrs, and we're all glad you aren't dead by now. :-)
> --
> Adrian

I am quite pleased myself actually! It has excused Debbie & Helen from
having my two cats, one each, and my friends from having to sort out what
would happen to my poultry. In the short term at least.

Tweed

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 07:05 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:11:39 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

> The first five years are the hardest. Actually, he must not have been too
> concerned if he hasn't seen you in six months.

That is standard here. You are seen after whatever appropriate time they
think you might be recovered for whatever operation you've had at first.
Then it's 6 month intervals for all cancer patients, unless you report
something alarming.

> My surgeon had me come in
> every 4 weeks for the first year and every 4 months for the second year.

That is unlikely here unless the doctors think you are likely to die quickly
if they don't keep a close eye on you.

> Best wishes for a Happy Christmas season and purrs for the kitty folk to
> have a great New Year. MLB

Thanks, Marie, and the same to you.

Tweed

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 07:06 PM
"Irulan" > wrote in message
> sorry you are sore and in pain, but I take everything to be good news.
> Please know we are constantly keeping you in our prayers.
> Lily & her mama

Thanks, Lydia, much appreciated.

Tweed

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 07:18 PM
"Pat" > wrote in message
>I missed the original so looked for this one. Very happy for your clean
>checkup!

Thanks. I am finding it hard to keep up myself. My computer says I have
985 unread posts on rpca at the moment.
I will have to wait for the results of the blood test, but I shall put it
all out of my mind over Christmas so I can enjoy it with my family.
The main thing is that I am still here despite the dire predictions of the
hospital doctors when I was first admitted. I put it all down to the purrs
and prayers I got from rpca. Like Adrian always says "never underestimate
the power of the purr."

Tweed

Christina Websell
December 22nd 05, 07:35 PM
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Takayuki wrote:
>> "Christina Websell" > wrote:
>> >I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
>> >delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>> >
>> >My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when
>> >tact
>> >was given out and that's why I asked him.
>> >He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by
>> >now."
>> >I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>>
>> I actually thought it meant, "All right! I can now write a conference
>> paper on what a great job I did on this operation!"
>
> If he had been an American Doctor, I would have thought that. For some
> odd reason, I believe that physicians in other countries (particularly
> those with universal health care) are more concerned with patients than
> their fees and personal recognition. Probably wrong, but there you
> have it.

I didn't have to pay anything at all therefore he got no fee for performing
my operation except his salary that he gets from the hospital for working
there.
I pay a set sum which is deducted from my pay every month by my employers
towards my health care. It's around 10 per cent of what I earn.
I have certainly had my money's worth in the last 5 years. After all,
that's what it's for, pay in, don't collect when you are healthy.

Tweed

polonca12000
December 22nd 05, 08:49 PM
Continued purrs and best wishes for the test to be negative,
Polonca and Soncek

Christina Websell wrote:

> Hi, Gang,
>
> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>
> Well, I've been to the hospital for my first real-on check up. I had one
> after 6 weeks but that was a mere nothing compared to this one.
> I will just say: Ouch. OUCH. OUCH!! OUCH!!!! WAAAAHHHH. You get my
> drift. I saw the consultant surgeon who did my op. Let's just say he was
> very thorough today..
> I often hear people say how pleased they are to be (sort of honoured enough
> to be) seen by the consultant for aftercare. This is not necessarily a
> good thing - but I never tell them that. Most follow ups after operations
> can be seen by the young doctors who are training under him/her. The
> consultants keep the more challenging ones for themselves.
>
> We talked fairly briefly. Him: Any lumps anywhere, swollen tummy,
> bleeding? Me: No. Him: Bladder and bowels working OK? Me: yes, but my
> bladder took a long while to recover. Him: How long? Me: Several months.
> Him: that's normal after an operation like you had. Everything OK now? Me:
> Yes
> Him: Now go for a blood test down the corridor. I'm delighted you have
> done as well as you have, have a nice Christmas, see you in 6 months. Me:
> Thanks.
>
> I went for my blood test. It was for CA125, an ovarian cancer marker. To
> see if it's still there somewhere I suppose.
<snip>

Pamela Shirk
December 23rd 05, 02:32 AM
"Sam Nash" > wrote in message
> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>> Hi, Gang,
>>
>> Thanks for all the good wish purrs.
>>
> Couldn't catch the group last night - out of town working. I'm glad
> you're still with us, too! Stick around, will ya?
> Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Thanks Sam for saying what I've been thinking, and for doing it better than
I could.

Pam S. who loves the stories about Boyfie and KFC

Christina Websell
December 23rd 05, 09:20 PM
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Takayuki wrote:
>> "Christina Websell" > wrote:
>> >I asked him what interpretation he, personally, would have put on "I am
>> >delighted you've done as well as you have.."
>> >
>> >My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when
>> >tact
>> >was given out and that's why I asked him.
>> >He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by
>> >now."
>> >I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>>
>> I actually thought it meant, "All right! I can now write a conference
>> paper on what a great job I did on this operation!"
>
> If he had been an American Doctor, I would have thought that. For some
> odd reason, I believe that physicians in other countries (particularly
> those with universal health care) are more concerned with patients than
> their fees and personal recognition. Probably wrong, but there you
> have it.

Well it is certainly true that the health care system in America is
different from the one we have here in Britain if I have understood
correctly the examples that have been given by those of you in the USA.
Whilst it's possible for doctors here to be in private practice once they
are very experienced - and therefore charge fees for their services - a lot
choose to work within the National Health Service where they are just paid a
salary by the hospital, or a general practitioner (are they called primary
doctors?) is paid a fee by the NHS for each patient on their books,
regardless or not if s/he sees them during that year. The primary doctors
have to pay from this budget every time they send a patient into hospital,
or for tests, or a consultation with a specialist.
The ideal patient for our GP's, therefore is a healthy one! They get paid
anyway. I was such a patient for years, hardly ever saw them.
I must have almost bankrupted them in the last 5 years.

Tweed

Granby
December 21st 07, 12:12 AM
You have the prayers and purs for as long as you nee them.
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>> My younger brother never minces words. He was behind the curtain when
>> tact
>> was given out and that's why I asked him.
>> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by now."
>> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>>
>> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
>> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
>> quite
>> out of the woods yet.
>>
>> Tweed
>> sore and painful
>

> The first five years are the hardest. Actually, he must not have been too
> concerned if he hasn't seen you in six months. My surgeon had me come in
> every 4 weeks for the first year and every 4 months for the second year.
>
> Best wishes for a Happy Christmas season and purrs for the kitty folk to

Christina Websell
December 21st 07, 06:06 PM
Marie's server occasionally burps out an old post like this. It gets the
date right but not the year - I wrote this two years ago! I am down to
yearly check-ups now since last June but your purrs and prayers are
appreciated even now, Granby.
I was *very* lucky to survive as I was told at the time it was unlikely that
I would.
Ovarian cancer is one of the worst cancers women can have. It is called
"the silent killer" because often by the time symptoms appear it's too late.
For you women on the group still with your reproductive organs ;-) never
ignore regular abdominal pain, even if slight, or increasing girth
below the waist if you are not overeating. I thought I was just getting
"middle-aged spread" for quite a while.
I am not trying to scare you all, just alerting you to how insidious this
scourge can be. It's more common in women that have not had children, but
it does not mind who it attacks :-( A woman who had had three children
was on the hospital ward with me. She had left it too late.

Tweed

"Granby" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>> tact
>>> was given out and that's why I asked him.
>>> He said "he means that he is very surprised that you aren't dead by
>>> now."
>>> I thought that might have been what he meant, too.
>>>
>>> Actually, so am I. Purrs and prayers are very powerful.
>>> Please send me the odd healing purr when you think about it. I'm not
>>> quite
>>> out of the woods yet.
>>>
>>> Tweed
>>> sore and painful
>>

>> The first five years are the hardest. Actually, he must not have been
>> too
>> concerned if he hasn't seen you in six months. My surgeon had me come in
>> every 4 weeks for the first year and every 4 months for the second year.
>>
>> Best wishes for a Happy Christmas season and purrs for the kitty folk to

mlbriggs
December 21st 07, 07:33 PM
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:06:58 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

> Marie's server occasionally burps out an old post like this. It gets the
> date right but not the year - I wrote this two years ago! I am down to
> yearly check-ups now since last June but your purrs and prayers are
> appreciated even now, Granby.
> I was *very* lucky to survive as I was told at the time it was unlikely
> that I would.
> Ovarian cancer is one of the worst cancers women can have. It is called
> "the silent killer" because often by the time symptoms appear it's too
> late. For you women on the group still with your reproductive organs ;-)
> never ignore regular abdominal pain, even if slight, or increasing girth
> below the waist if you are not overeating. I thought I was just getting
> "middle-aged spread" for quite a while. I am not trying to scare you all,
> just alerting you to how insidious this scourge can be. It's more common
> in women that have not had children, but it does not mind who it attacks
> :-( A woman who had had three children was on the hospital ward with
> me. She had left it too late.
>
> Tweed
>

> "Granby" > wrote in message
>> You have the prayers and purs for as long as you nee them. "mlbriggs"
>> > wrote in message

>>> The first five years are the hardest. Actually, he must not have been
>>> too
>>> concerned if he hasn't seen you in six months. My surgeon had me come
>>> in every 4 weeks for the first year and every 4 months for the second
>>> year.
>>>
>>> Best wishes for a Happy Christmas season and purrs for the kitty folk
>>> to have a great New Year. MLB
>>>

>>Old saying: "God moves in mysterious ways His winders to perform">
Perhaps there is someone out there who needs your message today.
I, too, was surprised to see that post and I tried to delete it. but I
really don't know how. When my son has time to arrange it, I plan to get
a different server. I apologize if it upset you.

To get back on subject -- TuTu has been "holed up" for a couple of days,
which she does when a storm is brewing. It arrived last night and it was
a major storm. High winds, thunder and lightning and lots of snow. It is
unusual to get thunder and lightning with snow, but we got it.

By, the way, I had to gift myself with a new furnace for Christmas. The
temp was in the low 'teens and I awakened to a cold house. Fortunately,
my furnace man was able to act promptly, so in a couple of days I had a
new furnace. Guess what: The next day I awakened to a cold house.
Again, my furnace man came in just a few hours. This time it was
determined we needed a larger pipe to the roof. That was installed the
same day. Now TuTu spends a lot of time in front of the bathroom heat
register where she has a good pillow.The sky is bright and sunny right
now, but there is lots of snow out there. The skiers should be very
happy. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Purrs for those who
mourn or suffer. MLB

Christina Websell
December 21st 07, 08:30 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:06:58 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:
>

>> Marie's server occasionally burps out an old post like this. It gets the
>> date right but not the year - I wrote this two years ago! I am down to
>> yearly check-ups now since last June but your purrs and prayers are
>> appreciated even now, Granby.
>> I was *very* lucky to survive as I was told at the time it was unlikely
>> that I would.
>> Ovarian cancer is one of the worst cancers women can have. It is called
>> "the silent killer" because often by the time symptoms appear it's too
>> late. For you women on the group still with your reproductive organs ;-)
>> never ignore regular abdominal pain, even if slight, or increasing girth
>> below the waist if you are not overeating. I thought I was just getting
>> "middle-aged spread" for quite a while. I am not trying to scare you
>> all,
>> just alerting you to how insidious this scourge can be. It's more common
>> in women that have not had children, but it does not mind who it attacks
>> :-( A woman who had had three children was on the hospital ward with
>> me. She had left it too late.
>>
>> Tweed
>>

>> "Granby" > wrote in message
>>> You have the prayers and purs for as long as you nee them. "mlbriggs"

>>>Old saying: "God moves in mysterious ways His winders to perform">
> Perhaps there is someone out there who needs your message today.
> I, too, was surprised to see that post and I tried to delete it. but I
> really don't know how. When my son has time to arrange it, I plan to get
> a different server. I apologize if it upset you.

It did not upset me at all. I was glad to be able to send a new message
"watch out for ovarian cancer" when it popped up.

Granby
December 22nd 07, 01:13 AM
Just the word cancer can strike fear in the heart of any human. We are
still waiting for an appointment for my son. Probably will be after the
first of the year. The Doctor says, you have a "mass" at the side of your
spine hear a shoulder blade. Then after a MRI they told
Mike he also had some sort of "Mass" showing up on his brain with three
droplets off to the side. I know they can't take everyone the next day but
waiting is a real bummer. Not that it would make it any easier but wish they
could have waited until after....wouldn't matter. Glad you are doing ok
now.
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message

> "mlbriggs" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:06:58 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:
>>

>>> Marie's server occasionally burps out an old post like this. It gets
>>> the
>>> date right but not the year - I wrote this two years ago! I am down to
>>> yearly check-ups now since last June but your purrs and prayers are
>>> appreciated even now, Granby.
>>> I was *very* lucky to survive as I was told at the time it was unlikely
>>> that I would.
>>> Ovarian cancer is one of the worst cancers women can have. It is called
>>> "the silent killer" because often by the time symptoms appear it's too
>>> late. For you women on the group still with your reproductive organs ;-)
>>> never ignore regular abdominal pain, even if slight, or increasing girth
>>> below the waist if you are not overeating. I thought I was just getting
>>> "middle-aged spread" for quite a while. I am not trying to scare you
>>> all,
>>> just alerting you to how insidious this scourge can be. It's more
>>> common
>>> in women that have not had children, but it does not mind who it attacks
>>> :-( A woman who had had three children was on the hospital ward with
>>> me. She had left it too late.
>>>
>>> Tweed

>> Perhaps there is someone out there who needs your message today.
>> I, too, was surprised to see that post and I tried to delete it. but I
>> really don't know how. When my son has time to arrange it, I plan to get
>> a different server. I apologize if it upset you.
>
> It did not upset me at all. I was glad to be able to send a new message
> "watch out for ovarian cancer" when it popped up.

polonca12000
December 26th 07, 10:15 PM
Granby wrote:

> Just the word cancer can strike fear in the heart of any human. We are
> still waiting for an appointment for my son. Probably will be after the
> first of the year. The Doctor says, you have a "mass" at the side of your
> spine hear a shoulder blade. Then after a MRI they told
> Mike he also had some sort of "Mass" showing up on his brain with three
> droplets off to the side. I know they can't take everyone the next day but
> waiting is a real bummer. Not that it would make it any easier but wish they
> could have waited until after....wouldn't matter. Glad you are doing ok
> now.

Lots and lots of purrs,
POlonca and Soncek